Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-07, 06:58   Link #481
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
There is a fan-theory that, the Rural Noble that Angie is forced to marry in the game is actually Leon (non-reincarnated version), as he is also originally rural noble of same age as her, and low enough in status that there would have been no issue to get him married to a disgraced and exiled daughter of a Duke (they wouldn't have married Angie away to an older man, because of Women's position in that society, it had to be some of similar age or younger).
I still don't get the appeal of this theory... plus wouldn't Leon be married off to the 50+ woman from the prologue?
Quote:
While its true there is no "scenario" of Angie winning the Duel in the game, because she was the villianess and meant to be defeated.

But it was actually possible for her to win, if only she had gotten someone stronger to defeat the Sentai Squad.
That's possibly the silliest argument I've seen on this forum. It might be nice to consider for like a fanfiction or AU but doesn't really matter here where Leon is the actual protagonist.
Quote:
The problem is that, from what we know, Angie's Event take place which ever route is taken, as its supposed to be a fixed Event (be it Individual Route or Reverse-Harem Route).

That's because Angie's Event takes place during the first semester of 1st Year classes, at which point by the game plot Olivia shouldn't have chosen any of the Sentai Squad as her love interest (she only treated them as friends who helped her). And at that point, she would in game have interacted with all 5 of them, and they came to help her.
It makes zero sense to banish Angie before she's ever even had a chance to become the villainess. Leon doesn't tell us when the event was supposed to happen but its obviously not meant to be happening this early.

The 'otome game' setting is just not coherent nor is it really meant to be, its there for shitposting, for flavor, or for added drama when Leon makes the point we're on "war route" as if there was another possible outcome. The Angie event in particular doesn't make a lot of sense in a game context because its set up to establish Leon as protagonist with his harem.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 14:52   Link #482
mickbis

Some theorize that Leon who didn't have past life memory would go on become soldier and survived but suffer injury in the process but result in him earn enough to be able to go independent.

The game story said... this rural noble have bad apperance and bad personality combine with how anime show Angie ending scene with a black hair character living in a poor house.

Connect several dot and people strongly believe that it probably is Leon.
Like all the game social norm and how almost everyone hate Leon's personality..

And there that alt route.... which explore the lore behind Kingdom's foundation.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 15:51   Link #483
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I still don't get the appeal of this theory... plus wouldn't Leon be married off to the 50+ woman from the prologue?
Even though its supposedly a society of Women with more power than men.
As far as marriage goes, its the Men who are still able to marry multiple women, aka., a Polygyny society. While the Women can legally only marry a single man, though they are allowed to have Elf & Beastman Sex Slaves (because Humans & other race can't easily breed between themselves, especially the Men of those other races).
So, even if Leon was forced to marry that old hag, he would still be viable to marry a disgraced and exiled Angie.
Quote:
That's possibly the silliest argument I've seen on this forum. It might be nice to consider for like a fanfiction or AU but doesn't really matter here where Leon is the actual protagonist.
It might seem silly, but not every game plot is supposed to go as it is in real life situation.

Yeah, its a theory, but still a valid one.

Just like the theory that, leaving Marie to do whatever she wanted instead of Olivia and allowing Angie to lose the duel and banished, wouldn't have caused derailment of the game plot, and it was all supposedly Leon's interference that changed the outcome.
Quote:
It makes zero sense to banish Angie before she's ever even had a chance to become the villainess. Leon doesn't tell us when the event was supposed to happen but its obviously not meant to be happening this early.
Angie getting the boot early on isn't really odd, nor did it occur at a different time (if it did Leon would have noted).

The reason why it isn't odd, is because almost every other Otome Series i have read (and i have read quite a few), note on how the supposed Villainess gets an early boot in the story, usually to return back all powerful during the climax as the final boss in many cases (if the plot doesn't have any other opponent).
In the game version of the plot for this Series, the real opponent/villain in the story is supposed to be the "Principality", while Angie is treated as the first mini-boss. From what we know so far,
- Angie Event : Mini Boss fight for the 1st Year
- Pirate Event : Mid-Boss fight for the 2nd Year
- Principality Event : Boss fight for the 3rd Year
- Luxion Event : P2W Bonus Stage Boss

The main plot of the story is supposedly to help Olivia grow and get her to be the Saint to solve the crisis that would fall on the Kingdom eventually.

As for the Events, Leon always made a comment whenever a Event happens at a different time compared to the game plot. And you would note that, the changes of game plot times starts with the Pirate Event, which was supposed to happen in 2nd year, while the Principality's attack during the School trip don't even occur in-game as far as he remembers. Before that, Leon never mentions the odd timing of other Events, because they happen during the time they were supposed to happen.
Quote:
The 'otome game' setting is just not coherent nor is it really meant to be, its there for shitposting, for flavor, or for added drama when Leon makes the point we're on "war route" as if there was another possible outcome. The Angie event in particular doesn't make a lot of sense in a game context because its set up to establish Leon as protagonist with his harem.
The talk about "War Route" is something original to Anime (as far as i remember), as its not present in either the Light Novel or Manga.
Not really sure why it was added like that.

As for Angie event, Engagement Annulment Event of the Villainess is common plot in all Otome games (atleast as per those Novel & Manga which cover that as plot point). So, it can't really be said to be something solely for Leon to create a Harem.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 19:06   Link #484
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah, its a theory, but still a valid one.

Just like the theory that, leaving Marie to do whatever she wanted instead of Olivia and allowing Angie to lose the duel and banished, wouldn't have caused derailment of the game plot, and it was all supposedly Leon's interference that changed the outcome.
Your theory is 99% headcanon though while most everyone else is discussing things that actually happened.
Quote:
Angie getting the boot early on isn't really odd, nor did it occur at a different time (if it did Leon would have noted).
I don't think that's conclusive. Marie was speedrunning all of the bonding events, and Leon didn't really comment or concern himself with her actions or really anything on the dating sim side.
Quote:
As for the Events, Leon always made a comment whenever a Event happens at a different time compared to the game plot. And you would note that, the changes of game plot times starts with the Pirate Event, which was supposed to happen in 2nd year, while the Principality's attack during the School trip don't even occur in-game as far as he remembers. Before that, Leon never mentions the odd timing of other Events, because they happen during the time they were supposed to happen.
You're still trying to fill the gaps and discrepancies with headcanon and it stands to reason something like the Angie event was tied to romantic progress rather than specifically being a first year event. It still makes no fucking sense though because Angie is nowhere near established as a villainess towards Marie or Olivia at this point, and even if she does some kind of "grand return" its still a situation where all the bullying she was supposedly guilty of never actually happened.

I don't understand why so many fans of this series are insistent that the setting adds up to a viable otome game when most of the pieces don't fit together without huge logical leaps. Hell, I don't even think the author bothered to give the otome game a name. Meanwhile I can remember Fortune Lover from Hamefura off the top of my head.
Quote:
As for Angie event, Engagement Annulment Event of the Villainess is common plot in all Otome games (atleast as per those Novel & Manga which cover that as plot point). So, it can't really be said to be something solely for Leon to create a Harem.
The event itself doesn't matter, its how the event plays out since in a lot of cases its an otome isekai's opening statement. In something like The One Within the Villainess the original villainess regains consciousness during the event and swears revenge where in something like Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady Anne-Sophia stumbles into the middle of things and saves Euphilia. In Leon's case he smacks down "stupid ikemen" for being stupid, creates a harem, and any notion that he's just a mob in this world should probably be eradicated.
Old 2022-06-08, 10:15   Link #485
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
all this talk about how the plot would have gone if Marie and Leon would not have derailed it is really cute and nostalgic, because the marie route exists. note that i was on ln 9 before reading the Marie route and it still hit like a brick.

the meta on Marie route is that the author did a lot of route baiting for one specific female character then asked which character would the raiders want a route for. by route it's mean to have the plot reset and have everything happen with that character as the female mc. much to the author's regrets her bait was not choosen, the one that won 3qs Marie's the author's most disliked character... and we got Marie's route, which should only be read if you are current with at leat the on because as a side story it spoils the f out of the plot.
Wait. Which female character did the Author baited? And here I thought Marie was fave of the Author as her route was written. I guess it makes sense that it's from a poll.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 09:07   Link #486
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Wait. Which female character did the Author baited? And here I thought Marie was fave of the Author as her route was written. I guess it makes sense that it's from a poll.
the character that was just shown in the latest anime episode, princess hertrude, there are some lines and inner thoughts that are obvious route baiting, i noticed the one that is subtle as a brick in ln3.

the author actually dislikes little sister characters, but her treatment of Marie backfired and actually made her more popular. i say that Marie is a very interesting character completely by accident.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 09:49   Link #487
Chosen_Hero

Marie is one of the least interesting characters, I bet the fans where just trolling the author, mixed in with some weirdos that do like her.
Old 2022-06-09, 09:53   Link #488
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Marie is one of the least interesting characters, I bet the fans where just trolling the author, mixed in with some weirdos that do like her.
That's heresy. She's one of the few characters that actually can keep my interest next to Luxion.
Old 2022-06-09, 11:25   Link #489
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

You can tell how the Author views Marie by the Karma she gets in the story but overtime Author dialed it down and gave her character development. I suppose this is when he found out Marie is a fan favorite of the readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
the character that was just shown in the latest anime episode, princess hertrude, there are some lines and inner thoughts that are obvious route baiting, i noticed the one that is subtle as a brick in ln3.

the author actually dislikes little sister characters, but her treatment of Marie backfired and actually made her more popular. i say that Marie is a very interesting character completely by accident.
Lol what. Hertrude is the least interesting female in this story. I can't fathom why the Author would think she'd be popular to the readers.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2022-06-10, 02:16   Link #490
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That's heresy. She's one of the few characters that actually can keep my interest next to Luxion.
True, the series would never be the same without either of Leon Luxion Marie LOL

most of the characters outside main otome scenario is very good in this story
it either we hate them or we love them.
Old 2022-06-10, 09:13   Link #491
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
You can tell how the Author views Marie by the Karma she gets in the story but overtime Author dialed it down and gave her character development. I suppose this is when he found out Marie is a fan favorite of the readers.

Lol what. Hertrude is the least interesting female in this story. I can't fathom why the Author would think she'd be popular to the readers.
yeah , it was surprising as i did not notice the first time i read, only when i knew about the poll i manged to notice.
Spoiler for one line of light novel 3:
Old 2022-06-12, 08:16   Link #492
mickbis

"Permanent Hair Removal system!"

Such devastation move.... true cruelty

totally should reserve for all the mustaches twirling villain out there

Lesson of the story, do not pissed Luxion

and the suit that resist all the external pressure is something that you wouldn't want to wear in that kind of situation LOL

Last edited by mickbis; 2022-06-12 at 08:28.
Old 2022-06-12, 10:30   Link #493
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Leon is still in denial that he's the protagonist of a mecha harem anime.

Is the actual surface water? I don't remember that being specified.
Old 2022-06-12, 11:14   Link #494
maximilianjenus
[E]

yes, it's water.

one of the fun world building details is that they prefer to fight over water bodies to minimize casualties.
Old 2022-06-12, 11:49   Link #495
grecefar

I believe after Livia confession, Leon is going to change and stop trying to change her feelings, she already made clear that she doesn't like any of the 5 rangers.

Only 1 chapter left, Luxion is MVP.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 13:07   Link #496
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Just keep in mind, that the one writing this Story is an Asian. And in Asia, generally family honor is more important than maintaining relationship for power.
You're generalizing Asians with that statement. It would have been better to say the writer is Japanese which has a culture of giving importance to family honor. Not all Asian countries follow that belief. Here in the Philippines family is more important than anything else and would certainly not throw away a family member just to maintain their reputation.

Old 2022-06-12, 14:31   Link #497
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
"Permanent Hair Removal system!"

Such devastation move.... true cruelty

totally should reserve for all the mustaches twirling villain out there

Lesson of the story, do not pissed Luxion

and the suit that resist all the external pressure is something that you wouldn't want to wear in that kind of situation LOL
Leon always know what is the most humiliating way to deal with his antagonists.
Sadly for him, sometimes having ultra hi tec equipment has its own drawbacks when a cute girl presses her breasts on your back.

The main characters hit their lows in the previous episodes but in this episodes they managed to overcome their problems. Livia and Ange reaffirmed their friendship. Livia awakened her powers so she doesn't feel anymore dead weight for her friends, and Leon learned that his influence on her wasn't 100% negative since he's thanks to him she could spend more time studying magic. Livia also confessed to him and made clear she has zero interest in other men, and Leon seems willing to accept her feelings. Ange too awakened more powerful magic and realized she's in love with him.
Old 2022-06-12, 15:50   Link #498
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

The lack of pouting Livia is sad. (compared to the manga)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 16:07   Link #499
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Luxion is tsundere Best Girl.
Luxion isn't really tsundere though, just brutally honest.
Old 2022-06-12, 16:24   Link #500
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
*snip*
When the hell was any of this stated?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem