Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 01:49   Link #61
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
I think his fruit is GLUE
yes i was thinking it was glue too.

great chapter. i wonder what view vegapunk has, does he know about the void century? he is an interesting piece, given his intellect, in the global battle for power which seems to be between the D and the world nobels at the core.

maybe the strawhat represents what the ancestors of the D did, like they were all farmers or something and it has been passed down this entire time.

sanji has always been weak against women, remember his battle with bon clay. it looks like its even more now.

i was also thinking wow chopper/usopp can beat up luffy/zoro thats pretty good, but i think its more for comedic effect, like when nami hits someone for doing something stupid.

Spoiler for fav scene related to that:

Last edited by golgo13; 2010-11-03 at 02:06.
Old 2010-11-03, 02:02   Link #62
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is a good idea actually but the design of Roger is just too much like Luffy really Luffy isn't even his actual son, but this does connect the Will of D more and explain how all D's are connected

Actually, he looks alot more like Ace than Luffy to me. Though, if you remove Ace's freckles and put a strawhat on him and he'll look just like Luffy too~

But yeah, my guess is that Caribou will show up, ask to join the crew, get shot down by Luffy, try to go on a rampage, and get desimated by the new Strawhats~
Old 2010-11-03, 02:31   Link #63
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

wow a wednesday chapter release, thats quick.
Old 2010-11-03, 02:41   Link #64
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Luffy might step in and Haki the shit out of him.
That's great, but the monster trio have had their chance for power display. I really hope the other crews can handle this matter
Old 2010-11-03, 02:49   Link #65
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

poor sanji... its gotta be the effect from the day he spent with the okamas...
well i do hope zorro and sanji or the other crew who fight the Carribos...
Old 2010-11-03, 05:42   Link #66
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
That's great, but the monster trio have had their chance for power display. I really hope the other crews can handle this matter
Actually, I want others inferior (in terms of power level) members to show their powers rather than the big 3.

Old 2010-11-03, 05:43   Link #67
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Let's just hope this new weakness isn't something permanent and Sanji gets back to his own self after seeing enough women...

Some funny stuff in this chapter, and some awesome stuff. They'll probably run into Kuma again at some point, how will that turn out considering what they just heard?

And what the hell is up with Caribou? He actually intended to infiltrate the Strawhats so he could kill them? He's one crazy bastard, and now it turns out he's a logia to boot! This explains why his abilities weren't shown when the marines came, since he still had a part to play. I'm sure he'll be put in his place in the next chapter, question is by who? He's probably overconfident in his logia ability, but that won't be a hindrance anymore like it used to be. The rest of his crew, besides his brother, is probably useless and won't play a real part in the battle to come.
Old 2010-11-03, 05:55   Link #68
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Strawhat thing was a little bit cheesy, but it's OP so I guess it deosn't botter me that much.

I'm so happy to see SH interact once again XD

Robin seems to know something more about Kuma - maybe from his previous nakama.

Next chapter we'll get to know how fights undersea will look like - whenever SH will run away or get overboarded
It was already shown that Kuma came to Sunny, so now we know that he protected instead of forcing marine's order

Last edited by Wolcik; 2010-11-03 at 07:09.
Old 2010-11-03, 07:17   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
What's next? Roger was the previous rubber man?
Then how would it make sense with the way he was executed? Stabbed with a spear?

How come the fish riders didn't take the strawhats ship back to their base to hide it?
Old 2010-11-03, 07:39   Link #70
kiak666

I think it was unlikely that Roger possesses the the Gomu Gomu no Mi before Luffy. If so, why didn't those who are acquainted to Roger pointed it out when they see Luffy in action?
Old 2010-11-03, 09:02   Link #71
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I think it was unlikely that Roger possesses the the Gomu Gomu no Mi before Luffy. If so, why didn't those who are acquainted to Roger pointed it out when they see Luffy in action?
Just like how they never pointed out that the straw hat belonged to Roger?
Old 2010-11-03, 09:08   Link #72
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Motor oils are very dark in color so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
Actually, Motor oil original color is like honey, Motor Oil gets dark after it is used in a motor, If you read Naruto, Jiriaya uses an Oil attack and it just look like a clear liquid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Just like how they never pointed out that the straw hat belonged to Roger?
The ability is more on suspect, It seems Roger used the hat before he got famous.
Old 2010-11-03, 09:12   Link #73
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Also, it's never been stated where Shanks got the gomu gomu fruit...so perhaps he was trying to get that fruit in memento of his dead captain, but the fruit was eaten by Luffy instead ?

Old 2010-11-03, 09:45   Link #74
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not at the same time.
But once a DF user is dead, the fruit will appear again.

Come on, are there really people, who don't think, that Roger was the previous rubberman?
We don't know Roger was the previous rubberman. I'm not saying it is or isn't true, but you can't just present an assumption as fact.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-11-03, 10:44   Link #75
Rurik
Golden

after seen the chapter, the element of Caribou seems ticker than Syrup or Oil, so, It seems it should be Mud, Mud fits perfectly given the brothers likes to bury their victims.
Old 2010-11-03, 10:51   Link #76
Kallen4life

I hope it's somehow connected to the earth element

although glue is pretty cool
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-11-03, 12:08   Link #77
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Great chapter!

I knew Duval would never be able to protect the ship - there must've been a lot of strong marines and rival pirates trying to capture it, which is obvious by the damage Kuma took. The marines saying he was acting weird now makes sense, too.

I am however, more interested in Vegapunk. His fellow villagers said he was a good guy, helping them and all, and he respected Kuma's wish. I think he just works for the marines and WG because they give him access to all the information and resources he needs.

It would be funny if he was Kizaru's twin brother (and a total opposite of that goofball ), and maybe Sentoumaru's father or something.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:11   Link #78
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
It would be funny if he was Kizaru's twin brother (and a total opposite of that goofball ), and maybe Sentoumaru's father or something.
Squard is what comes to mind when I think of Vegapunk.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:37   Link #79
trafalgarcito

probably one piece is a time machine, and luffy = roger...THE END
Old 2010-11-03, 13:13   Link #80
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Or a sister who's a total MILF

Tags
weekly chapter discussion