AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 23:04   Link #1
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I was wondering if I could increse the amount of pics in my album

Sorry I just would like to use your albums to upload more pics, not too much if there is a problem, but I was hope 150 to 200 maybe if that was alright, but if not then it would be fine.

I was ask to come here by Nightwish
Old 2010-11-24, 03:06   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wish album size was in actual Kb total, rather then a fixed count. Just becase using albums seems like the best persistent storage for images on the forum (ie. things like screenshots in guides, signature/banner contest entries, etc).
Old 2010-11-25, 15:33   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Have just started recently using Albums here at all, I thought the limit is number of images per album, but this makes it sound like the max number of images is limited by sum across all albums then?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 16:41   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The limit is currently 100 and it is summed across all albums. There is also a total disk space usage limit of ~9Mb, with per image limits of ~97 KB, 800px wide and 600px tall.

These settings haven't been changed/reviewed since albums were first enabled. Originally disk space put a limit on what we were prepared to enable. Especially given the plethora of image hosting services available. We had no intention of trying to compete with them, and I should make clear we still don't intend to complete with them. Mass image hosting is not and never will be a priority here.

That said, how many users find the current setting very restricting?

Looking at the disk usage to data, I don't think we'd have a problem increasing the limits slightly if there is a demand for it. An image count limit increase shouldn't present any problems, but changing it with the intention of allowing more images to be posted would be meaningless if users with lots of images quickly hit the space limit. Any change would have to be with a view to a certain degree of future proofing.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 16:59   Link #5
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
That said, how many users find the current setting very restricting?
The main part I find restrictive about it is that to have an image submit to a social group as a "group image" so that other members can view it easily requires it to be from album, which means group images are limited by this as well, as for anything aside from group images I prefer to simply use offsite image hosting.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 18:44   Link #6
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ I agree with Konakaga on this one, and I find the limit difficult because I'm in several different social groups. I need to decide which ones are the priority and delete older images from the other groups >.< It's so restricting sometimes...
Old 2010-11-25, 20:50   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wouldn't mind size limit being halved in exchange for image count being doubled. Assuming there's a disk space issue.
Old 2010-11-26, 05:26   Link #8
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I thought the limit is number of images per album, ...
I forgot to mention before: there are two limits, one per album and one for total images.

Last night I increased the total image count to 500 and the per album image count to 100 (was 60 before). I've left the other limits alone. That should provide enough flexibility, without increasing the maximum footprint.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote