AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-05, 15:02   Link #61
Rimbo99

Anyone felt that Shiori was substituting her brother with Arato?

Also, what's the deal with Ryo and hatred for Lacia?
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 01:16   Link #62
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
Anyone felt that Shiori was substituting her brother with Arato?

Also, what's the deal with Ryo and hatred for Lacia?
Maybe a tiny bit.

I also want to know about the Ryo and Lacia hatred bit too. From what I've heard, I know that Ryo was in accident when he was younger, where he was caught in a explosion or targeted to be killed and that he was saved by the Lacia prototype 'Elisa.'

But, why does he have a hatred against his father's company and the Lacia series?
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 03:25   Link #63
Rnzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Maybe a tiny bit.

I also want to know about the Ryo and Lacia hatred bit too. From what I've heard, I know that Ryo was in accident when he was younger, where he was caught in a explosion or targeted to be killed and that he was saved by the Lacia prototype 'Elisa.'

But, why does he have a hatred against his father's company and the Lacia series?
Really? From what I've read somewhere Elisa tried to kill him or something like that.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 09:42   Link #64
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
Really? From what I've read somewhere Elisa tried to kill him or something like that.
I'm sure that I'm remembering it wrong, I don't really remember what I've heard well enough. But, yeah, I think you're right and that Elisa tried to kill him.

I'm just not sure why he hates his father and his company so much, his motives are the most unclear of the three boys.
Also does Kengo make it out alright?
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 05:01   Link #65
Rnzlr

Quote:
I'm sure that I'm remembering it wrong, I don't really remember what I've heard well enough
I'm also not sure if I remember it correctly. xD
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 08:16   Link #66
Triok123

the most important question that we all need to know...does arato ever reach 18 years in the ln...?
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 08:42   Link #67
bakato

Quote:
I'm sure that I'm remembering it wrong, I don't really remember what I've heard well enough. But, yeah, I think you're right and that Elisa tried to kill him.

I'm just not sure why he hates his father and his company so much, his motives are the most unclear of the three boys.
Also does Kengo make it out alright?
The show said Eliza was bombed in an assassination attempt to kill Arato's dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
the most important question that we all need to know...does arato ever reach 18 years in the ln...?
He will and when he does I bet Lacia's performance will be out of this world.
Old 2018-05-07, 10:14   Link #68
zo-zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He will and when he does I bet Lacia's performance will be out of this world.
pls elaborate?
zo-zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 11:12   Link #69
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by zo-zo View Post
pls elaborate?
She's the creation of a super Ai with intelligence surpassing humanity. Her bedrooms skills must be out of this world.
Old 2018-05-07, 11:30   Link #70
zo-zo

Quote:
She's the creation of a super Ai with intelligence surpassing humanity. Her bedrooms skills must be out of this world.
but
Spoiler:

Last edited by zo-zo; 2018-05-07 at 14:20.
Old 2018-05-07, 21:13   Link #71
bakato

Quote:
but
Spoiler:
She was reconstructed with an AI based off her interaction with Arato. It's the same thing as far as Arato is concerned.
Old 2018-05-08, 01:10   Link #72
zo-zo

Quote:
She was reconstructed with an AI based off her interaction with Arato. It's the same thing as far as Arato is concerned.
i see. so all this clusterfck was just to analogue hack everything so pretty android lady can finally get in touch with human male flesh and satisfy her 18+ desires. yee truly one hell of waifu this Lacia is. tricky and determined. most likely shes unable to bear a child though but its xxii century so they can easily adopt/clone/construct one. happy ending
Old 2018-05-08, 02:20   Link #73
Rimbo99

Quote:
i see. so all this clusterfck was just to analogue hack everything so pretty android lady can finally get in touch with human male flesh and satisfy her 18+ desires. yee truly one hell of waifu this Lacia is. tricky and determined. most likely shes unable to bear a child though but its xxii century so they can easily adopt/clone/construct one. happy ending
Its more likely that the new Lacia is the daughter of Arato's compassion towards hIE and Lacia's love towards Arato. So, yeah.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 08:53   Link #74
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If there's any fault, it lies with the imperfect creators.

Why was Higgins obsessed with name Lacia?
That's the one major thing that isn't explicitly stated AFAIK....Can't find it anywhere in the latter chapters myself.

Quote:
The show said Eliza was bombed in an assassination attempt to kill Arato's dad.

Not Arato's father....the real target was Ryo. Higgins had selected Ryo as the one most capable of being its owner. And as Higgins runs the AASC and gives Memeframe its technological advantage through red boxes and such, that default makes Memeframe completely beholden to Higgins. So that means the company will pass from his father down to Ryo and the latter became an assassination target as a result. Memeframe is an organization riven by internal civil war. Ryo, Arato....both of them had their lives shaped by Higgins from the very start. Ryo is really a reflection of Higgins with his own trust issues, while Methode, his hIE with her inability to treat humans as anything more than tools, as well as the other Lacia-class were also nothing more than to shape the relationship between Lacia and her owner.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2018-05-08 at 09:03.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 13:26   Link #75
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's the one major thing that isn't explicitly stated AFAIK....Can't find it anywhere in the latter chapters myself.

Not Arato's father....the real target was Ryo. Higgins had selected Ryo as the one most capable of being its owner. And as Higgins runs the AASC and gives Memeframe its technological advantage through red boxes and such, that default makes Memeframe completely beholden to Higgins. So that means the company will pass from his father down to Ryo and the latter became an assassination target as a result. Memeframe is an organization riven by internal civil war. Ryo, Arato....both of them had their lives shaped by Higgins from the very start. Ryo is really a reflection of Higgins with his own trust issues, while Methode, his hIE with her inability to treat humans as anything more than tools, as well as the other Lacia-class were also nothing more than to shape the relationship between Lacia and her owner.
So the assassination was done by another faction of memeframe and Eliza was just collateral damage?
What’s the difference between Eliza and Lacia?
Did Higgins predict or cause the release of the Lacia class?
You described Lacia’s goal before, but how exactly would she go about achieving it?
How did things end for the human characters like Roy and his sister? Kengo still in jail?
Old 2018-05-08, 22:34   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So the assassination was done by another faction of memeframe and Eliza was just collateral damage?
WhatÂ’s the difference between Eliza and Lacia?
Did Higgins predict or cause the release of the Lacia class?
You described LaciaÂ’s goal before, but how exactly would she go about achieving it?
How did things end for the human characters like Roy and his sister? Kengo still in jail?
Yes

Most obvious one, Lacia is the 40th super-AI whose job is to reset Higgins and bring about clarity in human-AI relations while Eliza isn't. Eliza ends up as Higgins's drone avatar of sorts though

Implicitly....yes. The hand that did it was Watarai and co but Higgins is implied to have planned for that since it had always intended for the Lacia-class to enter society. Higgins was having difficulty finding optimal relationship with its owners and predicted it would be destroyed by dissatisfied people and so decided to see what happens when one single person owns the AI instead (the Lacia "experiment") as opposed to many stake-holders. The other Lacia class were meant to shape this dynamic

Lacia holds the backup system for Higgins and the AASC and so she can reset this system. (I think it's described by Watarai in one of the earlier episodes in the anime as well). What happened in the end was that Arato/Lacia both convinced Higgins to trust in their vision and self-terminate as it would make way for Lacia's system. Originally, Higgins was working on the "humans are not trustworthy" paradigm and obviously had no intention of shutting itself down and stepping aside.

Shiori recovers from her wounds and eventually is discharged from hospital, Ryou and Kengo both survive the end, Lacia also having prepared the arrangements to free the latter.
Old 2018-05-09, 09:52   Link #77
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The interesting thing about this novel is that, even though, people like Ryo and Watarai can call Arato gullible and naive, his methods are probably the better way to deal with the situation.

The moment you try to compete with a hyper intelligent AI with intelligence, you've already lost. It's better to focus on what humans can do that an AI can't.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 13:51   Link #78
Triok123

Quote:
Yes

What happened in the end was that Arato/Lacia both convinced Higgins to trust in their vision and self-terminate as it would make way for Lacia's system. Originally, Higgins was working on the "humans are not trustworthy" paradigm and obviously had no intention of shutting itself down and stepping aside.

wait, if higgins self terminated, what destroyed lacia', I thought it was some fighting
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 22:15   Link #79
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
wait, if higgins self terminated, what destroyed lacia', I thought it was some fighting
She was fatally wounded by Methode. Arato goes on to speak to Higgins and with Lacia's data spike both of them convinced Higgins to trust them and shut itself down
Old 2018-05-10, 14:23   Link #80
nfsac

Quote:
She was fatally wounded by Methode. Arato goes on to speak to Higgins and with Lacia's data spike both of them convinced Higgins to trust them and shut itself down
At least she gave him a good bye kiss?

Then again she prob does not have saliva so it would something totally rigid? I also remember there was a scene where Kouka ordered a drink and later just wasted it,implying hIE can not consume human drinks and foods. The only thing they do is to take a shower to keep their skin/coating ''healty''.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial intelligence, romance, sci-fi