AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-17, 18:46   Link #7561
GDB

Yeah, Ravens need to stop giving away games they can/should win.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:04   Link #7562
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Yo, I would find hard, even with the whole NFL-concussion cover up issue and the stupid rules favoring the offenses, to quit watching the NFL, but I now see a potential scenario. . .

The fucking NY Giants will just be a game out of the NFC (L)East lead assuming they finish the Packers off now. If they somehow manage to make the playoffs after an 0-6 start and pull their typical 'hot at the right time' bullshit in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. . . I might quit the NFL and stick to watching UNC suck every year in the ACC.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:41   Link #7563
sky black swordman

The Saints beat the 49ers (23-20).
Old 2013-11-17, 19:43   Link #7564
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't see the Giants being able to go into Seattle or New Orleans and win. Big Blue may have woken up but they aren't that close to where they'd need to be to pull that off.

Where the heck do you start with the insanity that happened today across the league. Too much to dare talk about...

And well...you know what's coming...wing is going to let it rip after the Saints came back late to pinch it from the 49ers.

Regardless, Denver-Kansas City was the one game I cared about most today.
Old 2013-11-17, 19:46   Link #7565
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Regardless, Denver-Kansas City was the one game I cared about most today.
Speaking of which, I need a 35 yard TD from Julius Thomas (ie: 9.5 points) tonight.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:09   Link #7566
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Saints beat the 49ers (23-20).
With some assistance from the refs on that horrible call on the Brees sack. That was so stupid. Talk about giving the game away. Gotta love the structure of the NFL now and days.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:30   Link #7567
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
With some assistance from the refs on that horrible call on the Brees sack. That was so stupid. Talk about giving the game away. Gotta love the structure of the NFL now and days.
True, but lets count our blessings that it isn't as bad as the NBA.

In other news, I am surprise that the Chiefs is trying to have a throw down in the air with Denver. I am surprise that that Denver isn't up by at least two drives.

Also, I am not mocking Seattle, however, who cannot laugh at this
Spoiler for The Beer Belly:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 23:55   Link #7568
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Great win, especially when you hand the other team 17 points, and having the niners lose in Harbuagh-death-face-excruciating fashion that's an extra biscuit in my bucket of chicken right there^^...

Even with that Playskool offense the Niners had some chances and honestly i have no clue why they went away from Boldin--we didn't double him--and he was killing us...

But overall our defense is the real deal, even with several injuries our schemes are top notch right now and Greg Roman's $hitty playcalling didn't help...It's been maybe since the 90's we've had a defense this reliable...Sucks to lose arguably our best corner in Greer though (thats the biggest downer T_T)...

As for the rest:

Spoiler for What's not to get?:

His bicep nearly rips Brees' neck off...Now we can have a debate about $hitty rules that help QBs because I'm all for that...I think it's ridiculous what a defender has to go through nowadays, but if you violently hit Drew Brees neck you getting a penalty, just like when guys have barely touched Kaepernick near the out of bound and have gotten penalties...That's the NFL today...

We needed this win and hopefully we knocked the 49ners a$$ess out of the playoffs in the end...I don't particularly hate the Panthers eventhough they are one game back, but I hate the Pats with a passion so if the Cats beat them C'est la Vie...

GEAUX BREES' NECKBRACE
Old 2013-11-18, 00:25   Link #7569
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And Kansas finally drop one. Denver win 27-17.

The one startling thing about that game was for a team like Kansas who have 36 sacks for the year to not get a single sack and rarely pressure Manning. Denver's O-line was brilliant tonight. Kansas weren't terrible on offense, but...it's definitely their deficiency. And they dropped some relatively easy catches.

Wouldn't call Kansas pretenders, but there's definitely weaknesses to exploit. Bar freaky injury, the rematch in 2 weeks time will likely decide the #1 AFC seed.

Did the chips fall back in Cincinatti's favour or what? Baltimore getting done in by Chicago in overtime gave the Bengals back a 3 game lead.

Here's hoping Carolina knock off New England and stay in the hunt. Because at this rate, even Arizona might make the playoffs...
Old 2013-11-18, 00:25   Link #7570
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
GEAUX BREES' NECKBRACE

What came to my mind when I saw that:

Old 2013-11-18, 04:33   Link #7571
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

What came to my mind when I saw that:

Yeah. That was kind of funny.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-11-18, 04:36   Link #7572
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Great win, especially when you hand the other team 17 points, and having the niners lose in Harbuagh-death-face-excruciating fashion that's an extra biscuit in my bucket of chicken right there^^...

Even with that Playskool offense the Niners had some chances and honestly i have no clue why they went away from Boldin--we didn't double him--and he was killing us...

But overall our defense is the real deal, even with several injuries our schemes are top notch right now and Greg Roman's $hitty playcalling didn't help...It's been maybe since the 90's we've had a defense this reliable...Sucks to lose arguably our best corner in Greer though (thats the biggest downer T_T)...

As for the rest:

Spoiler for What's not to get?:

His bicep nearly rips Brees' neck off...Now we can have a debate about $hitty rules that help QBs because I'm all for that...I think it's ridiculous what a defender has to go through nowadays, but if you violently hit Drew Brees neck you getting a penalty, just like when guys have barely touched Kaepernick near the out of bound and have gotten penalties...That's the NFL today...

We needed this win and hopefully we knocked the 49ners a$$ess out of the playoffs in the end...I don't particularly hate the Panthers eventhough they are one game back, but I hate the Pats with a passion so if the Cats beat them C'est la Vie...

GEAUX BREES' NECKBRACE
Nice to see you back. You didn't make an appearance after the loss to the Jets, but then against Dallas you did so I was wondering if you'd show up. Good game. You managed to capitalize on our mistakes for the win. Honestly I thought New Orleans would be a lot more difficult, but we almost pulled it off. Even at 6-4 I don't feel so bad. Oh and that call was bogus on Brees. The officials essentially handed the game to New Orleans. The problem wasn't the why it was called, it was that the call was incorrect. Brooks hit Brees at the top of the chest. His forearm didn't get him on the neck. You can see in the gif. And like Ahmad Brooks himself said, he's going full speed and Brees is going full speed and at the last nano second he ducks his shoulder. What could Brooks have done? Especially when Brees is only 6'0''. Again, bogus call but it happens. All teams get lucky.

So do you think Sean Payton wiped his mouth after leaving the officials' dressing room after the game? Tee hee. Anyways, hopefully we meet again in the playoffs.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-11-18 at 05:06.
Old 2013-11-18, 13:49   Link #7573
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

dat gif....holy fuck wat o_O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 13:58   Link #7574
GDB

Necks shouldn't stretch like that outside of cartoons.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:08   Link #7575
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
What could Brooks have done?
Not clothesline Brees with a bicep to the neck...

Keep in mind that gif is slowed down and looks horrific, in real time that hit was even worst...Again, I get it, but it's 100 out of 100 if the QB takes a violent bicep to the neck...

Also we held the 49ners to under 200yards and 12 first downs...No guarantee the game was over...Sean Payton's clock management this game was almost sublime for him...

Currently: trying to go against panthers, but my hatred for the Pats is like Talib's hate for Smith or Smith's hatred for anything his eyes see...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 22:13   Link #7576
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am surprise to not see Brees in the injury reports for next week....

Though people are having fun at his expense, check this out
Spoiler for Another person's pain is another person's cruel joke..funny though:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 23:41   Link #7577
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Ya know, I don't giva $hit...The Patriots finally needed to feel the wrath of the NFC South (*u*k them going 4-0 verse the South) ...Congrats to the Cats, regardless we gotta beat them, but, weirdly, I'm proud...

No more Patriot Way moments tonight!

On a sidenote this Bill Belichick post game is Nick Cannon hilarious^^ xD...
Old 2013-11-18, 23:48   Link #7578
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Hah, we got away with one for once.
Old 2013-11-18, 23:53   Link #7579
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Horrible way to end a phenomenal game… At least attempt to explain the mysterious flag pull.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 01:33   Link #7580
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Horrible way to end a phenomenal game… At least attempt to explain the mysterious flag pull.
The refs should've explained why instead of walked off the field. Defensive holding on Gronk.

Tags
american football, sports