AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-19, 03:52   Link #21
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Great episode! Ed and Al always seemed to have a misunderstanding about Ishbal, so it's all cleared up =) I'm wondering about Rose though.. I wonder what's all that about.. and the guy that made Chimeras, forgot his name. It also seems like Martel is going to lose to Kimbley, forcing Al to fight him for revenge... I think...

And, Lust mentioned Pride is a she Interesting...
Old 2004-07-19, 04:54   Link #22
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Finally an episode that does not suck (that isnt a Gaiden). I just had it spoon-fed to me, I find it helps the digestion.

However,

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-19, 09:16   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104
And, Lust mentioned Pride is a she Interesting...
Errr... what? When the hell did she say that? I hope it isn't from a fansub because not only was Pride's sex not mentioned in 39, but 'she' is just wrong. :P
Old 2004-07-19, 10:02   Link #24
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Errr... what? When the hell did she say that? I hope it isn't from a fansub because not only was Pride's sex not mentioned in 39, but 'she' is just wrong. :P

yeah, it's an error from one of the groups
Old 2004-07-19, 10:23   Link #25
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Glaring error! Gah! Sometimes eating with a spoon can make you choke. Forks alone are not always to blame, as we can see.

Now this is the kind of episode that reminds me why the hell I love this show so damn much. I was shivering with excitement / surprise through the whole last minute or two. The scene with Armstrong, Martel attacking Kimblee and his response, Rose / Holy Mother, and Scar. The truth behind Ishbal and the huge transmutation circle were INSANE.

I'm guessing that after the initial infiltration, the State Alchemists came in with the unfinished Stone and razed the city to the ground.

I'm pretty sure (I'd say, in the 90th percentile) that I know who Pride is. As has been proven in this thread, the 'she' used by the translators was an error. That reminded me of something, though: where is Lyra? I'm pretty sure that she's in Lior also, as is Envy, because we can't have a crazy showdown without the two of them.

Tucker's reaction to seeing Ed's watch reminded me that I hate Tucker, not pity him. His days in the lab and with Greed made me reconsider his position, but that one scene made me hate him again.

Heh, when I was watching 38, I was sure that it was Wrath. But it was Ed. I wasn't expecting that

I can't wait for 40!!
Old 2004-07-19, 11:26   Link #26
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Wow, yeah. This is definately the way I felt in the Laboratory 5 days, where things just begin to grasp a huge momentum towards quite the climax. Everything just kept getting me more interested at that, from Roze, the way that I've been more or less waiting for this to return for weeks, Scar... The only thing is that it looks like Ed beats Scar. But Ed's never been able to so much as touch him before! That's my curiosity at the moment.

Also, looks like we finally see the flashback to what happened to Scar's brother, and how Scar got his injuries. Yay!
Old 2004-07-19, 11:46   Link #27
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
That reminded me of something, though: where is Lyra? I'm pretty sure that she's in Lior also, as is Envy, because we can't have a crazy showdown without the two of them.
All goods things come to those who wait.
Old 2004-07-20, 02:42   Link #28
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Really? Aw.. Since I'm not completely fluent in Japanese, only know a little.. I depend on subtitles =( oh well.. lol.
Old 2004-07-20, 06:35   Link #29
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Wow, yeah. This is definately the way I felt in the Laboratory 5 days, where things just begin to grasp a huge momentum towards quite the climax. Everything just kept getting me more interested at that, from Roze, the way that I've been more or less waiting for this to return for weeks, Scar... The only thing is that it looks like Ed beats Scar. But Ed's never been able to so much as touch him before! That's my curiosity at the moment.

Also, looks like we finally see the flashback to what happened to Scar's brother, and how Scar got his injuries. Yay!
My two favorite scenes in the whole episode were a) when Martel leaped out of Ed and dashed at Kimblee (that was some GREAT dashing; the best I've seen in a while ), and his response was a nonchalant 'Yo' and b) the very last scene where Scar grabs Ed's shoulder, and the awesome music is playing. *shudder*

Looks like the plot's only going to get crazier from here on
Old 2004-07-20, 15:45   Link #30
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I saw the same fansub, for a minute I was wondering if the fansubber was mixing up sloth or not. However, I hope Kimblee has a nice fight in the next episode (with big explosions )
Old 2004-07-21, 07:23   Link #31
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Can someone kindly explain to me what this truth was about ishbal?

I seemed to have missed it somewhat
Old 2004-07-21, 07:37   Link #32
Rockpaperscissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Can someone kindly explain to me what this truth was about ishbal?

I seemed to have missed it somewhat
spoiler to anyone who has not watched episode 39...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-21, 07:50   Link #33
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

..so at the end of the day, the truth is that the Sins orchestrated the Ishibal massacre for their own ends, which we assume is the creation of the Philosopers Stone, but isn't necessarily.
Old 2004-07-21, 08:30   Link #34
Rockpaperscissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
..so at the end of the day, the truth is that the Sins orchestrated the Ishibal massacre for their own ends, which we assume is the creation of the Philosopers Stone, but isn't necessarily.
well they need human sacrifice for the stone... and they need skilled and devoted people to create the stone. the greater the tragedy higher the possibility of succeeding.. sometimes they do these massacres in small scales "a village there a village here (epidode 35)" sometime in larger scales "an Ishbal here a Lior there..."

also it probably has something to do with the story of someone trying to create the Philosophers stone in ISHBAL in ancient times but destroy the entire city alongside it... maybe they created the original sin (pride) and it came back to end their existence???
Old 2004-07-21, 11:52   Link #35
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

One other thing I forgot to mention. I think this episode clears up the Ultimate Plothole. That is, the fact that Ed and Al performed transmutation on Trisha after the Ishbal war started made it really difficult for us to believe that Juliet Douglas / Sloth started the war by killing that kid. Now that we know that the killing never happened, or at least wasn't the start of the war, it makes sense that Sloth and

Spoiler for 40:

used their military status to make up the whole Juliet Douglas thing. Thus we can put the Ultimate Plothole behind us
Old 2004-07-21, 16:29   Link #36
inu-fma88fan

Question confused

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-22, 00:35   Link #37
Rockpaperscissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
One other thing I forgot to mention. I think this episode clears up the Ultimate Plothole. That is, the fact that Ed and Al performed transmutation on Trisha after the Ishbal war started made it really difficult for us to believe that Juliet Douglas / Sloth started the war by killing that kid. Now that we know that the killing never happened, or at least wasn't the start of the war, it makes sense that Sloth and

Spoiler for 40:

used their military status to make up the whole Juliet Douglas thing. Thus we can put the Ultimate Plothole behind us

actually even if that scenerio was correct there wouldn't have been a plot hole. Juliete Douglas is the name that was used to cover the truth behind Ishbal. it doesn't have to be actually Sloth that did that shooting, it can be Envy (ultimate shapeshifter) or someone completely irrevelant, whose identity Sloth steals many years after that incidend.
yet since there wasn't any child shooting, but rather a large scale massacare, it doesn't matter anymore anyway...
Old 2004-07-22, 06:10   Link #38
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpaperscissors
actually even if that scenerio was correct there wouldn't have been a plot hole. Juliete Douglas is the name that was used to cover the truth behind Ishbal. it doesn't have to be actually Sloth that did that shooting, it can be Envy (ultimate shapeshifter) or someone completely irrevelant, whose identity Sloth steals many years after that incidend.
yet since there wasn't any child shooting, but rather a large scale massacare, it doesn't matter anymore anyway...
You're right; that could have worked, too, but a lot of things can be covered up by 'Envy' (luckily ) and I'm glad Bones gave us a good explanation for this one.
Closed Thread