AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-28, 14:30   Link #661
Tenzen12

Yay! My favourite boss made early cameo! Looks cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although even without Philip's prodding, Eris planned to be with Rudy on the night of his birthday in an intimate moment...just not as intimiate as Rudy's adult mind had figured. Like, I get it, Eris has a great figure and is very beautiful, and she seemed open to Rudy's advances to some extent...but knowing Rudy's mental maturity and their actual ages, it just felt kind of creepy when he kissed her and started feeling her up. I'm glad Eris rejected him and then stomped on his manhood. Of course, Eris then said to wait until they're older and I think she meant it more seriously than Roxy did, so I guess Rudy has that to look forward to (if he remains that faithful). Of course he's still got Sylphie to worry about .
Rudy might have adult mind in some ways, but I don't think "mature" is word easily appliable on him or ever was. Even in that scene itself he has barely idea what he's doing or what is ok, ending pretty upset with himself. Honestly when it comes to emotional maturity Rudy comes on top only because Eris is actualy even worse
Old 2021-02-28, 14:33   Link #662
BWTraveller
Born to ship

So, as I understand it, 12 in this world would be roughly equivalent to 16 here. Culture-wise at least. Still not legally an adult, but if you don't have a problem with premarital sex then you'll likely say it's plenty old enough.

On a different note, while this tradition is unusual and kind of cruel, it's really not that odd for sons to be raised away from their parents in a Medieval setting. As I understand it it was standard practice in the Middle Ages for noble boys to be sent off as pages to other noble households at the age of seven, and they'd basically be raised and educated while serving this other household.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 14:48   Link #663
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Rudy might have adult mind in some ways, but I don't think "mature" is word easily appliable on him or ever was. Even in that scene itself he has barely idea what he's doing or what is ok, ending pretty upset with himself. Honestly when it comes to emotional maturity Rudy comes on top only because Eris is actualy even worse
Well, in comparison to a 12-year old girl, even if his pervertedness and stunted emotions from his past life sometime come back to bite him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
So, as I understand it, 12 in this world would be roughly equivalent to 16 here. Culture-wise at least. Still not legally an adult, but if you don't have a problem with premarital sex then you'll likely say it's plenty old enough.
Culturally, if not emotionally.
Old 2021-02-28, 15:01   Link #664
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing I wonder though is whether Lilia managed to get the Holy Relic to Rudy before the disaster.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 15:17   Link #665
Blueknight78

Quote:

On a different note, while this tradition is unusual and kind of cruel, it's really not that odd for sons to be raised away from their parents in a Medieval setting. As I understand it it was standard practice in the Middle Ages for noble boys to be sent off as pages to other noble households at the age of seven, and they'd basically be raised and educated while serving this other household.
yeah pretty much like that, while at 15 is the adult, 12 would be the teenager where you could already have sex whenever you want with any person you want and the number between 10 and 12 would be the "grey line" or the "pre-teen", where while you can already start to crave for sex, it is not the age you would be expectate to have it unless is some "important matters" like the family which was in a urge need for rudy to mate with eren in order to make they bond and engament a "truth"

and to be fair eris also wanted but as a "young little girl she was still scared and insecure about herself, this is why she refused, she wanted it but as soon she started to get scared because she was not still feeling ready for that even if she wanted too.

another note about "incest" as far i remember in medieval times incest was really only a taboo when was about to "close related, like between sibilings and parents with kids, when things goes down to "cousins and even uncles" it was much less of taboo and acceptable and even "normal specially for cousins, was common during this time to have cousins marrying to keep the "blood line" and heritage "pure", only later which the church "raised the bar" and cousins and uncles also started to not be allowed, but during those times "you would only have to worry about between sibilins or if was father or mother with they kids, otherwise it was "normal".

even today in many places marriage between "cousins" is allowed, and the only issue would be the genetic problems but many medic researchs already showed which marriage between cousins have a really low chance almost the same as "non related" to create "problematic" childrens, even inside usa, each state have they own law about it and many states do allow marriage between cousins while still being not allowed between sibilins or childrens and parents.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2021-02-28 at 15:57.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 15:35   Link #666
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
At the very least a conversation between them about sleeping together. I'm not saying it wasn't innocent, but we deserved to see how they agreed to sleep together.
Well, even in the Manga there wasn't much connection relating to that part, except the one change that was their in the previous episode.
Remember how Rudeus and Eris were shown to have slept together on the night of Eris' birthday, and how in the morning Rudeus tried to touch Eris but stopped. In the Manga it was shown that Eris was actually awake at that point and knew about the interests of Rudeus.

Also, they did have conversation, but it was more simple (even in the Manga). I mean what kind of conversation do you need to sleep together at night, when they had already done it before (like i mentioned above), and might have done more later.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 15:40   Link #667
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, even in the Manga there wasn't much connection relating to that part, except the one change that was their in the previous episode.
Remember how Rudeus and Eris were shown to have slept together on the night of Eris' birthday, and how in the morning Rudeus tried to touch Eris but stopped. In the Manga it was shown that Eris was actually awake at that point and knew about the interests of Rudeus.

Also, they did have conversation, but it was more simple (even in the Manga). I mean what kind of conversation do you need to sleep together at night, when they had already done it before (like i mentioned above), and might have done more later.
yeah i had forget about that, she was aweken in the manga in the first time we saw then sleep together, she was really somehow spectating something from him in that night.
Old 2021-02-28, 15:48   Link #668
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
another note about "incest" as far i remember in medieval times incest was really only a taboo when was about to "close related, like between sibilings and parents with kids, when things goes down to "cousins and even uncles" it was much less of taboo and acceptable and even "normal specially for cousins, was common during this time to have cousins marrying to keep the "blood line" and heritage "pure", only later which the church "raised the bar" and cousins and uncles also started to not be allowed, but during those times "you would only have to worry about between sibilins or if was father or mother with they kids, otherwise it was "normal".

even today in many places marriage between "cousins" is allowed, and the only issue would be the genetic problems but many medic researchs already showed which marriage between cousins have a really low chance almost the same as "non related" to create "problematic" childrens, whichs normally more it, even inside usa each state have they own law about it and many states do allow marriage between cousins while still being not allowed between sibilins or childrens and parents.
Actually, even children born in Incest relationship between ​First Degree Relatives wouldn't necessarily produce offspring with genetic problems immediately. It would actually take multiple generations of Inbreeding between ​First Degree Relatives, for any visible genetic problem to occur (that too, if their genes actually had some minor negative aspect to begin with, or develop out of changes in environment, or a positive aspect getting boosted too much). The only possible time a genetic problems would immediately occur with an offspring born between ​First Degree Relatives in the first generation itself, is when they already had some really serious genetic problem to begin with, which was just on the tipping-point.

I also remember reading about a research that said that occasional Inbreeding (be it between ​First, Second or Third Degree Relatives) with a gap of some generations (like 5-6 generations) could actually be beneficial, because it helps restore the strength of positive aspects of genes such as Immunities or Antibodies which run in a bloodline, but usually get diluted as another bloodline gets mixed in the offsprings.

Edit: Stupid auto-correct changed "occasional" to occupational, and i didn't even notice.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2021-02-28 at 16:13.
Old 2021-02-28, 16:04   Link #669
GDB

Quote:
BTW, Frontier, I think you might have gotten the family situation a little off. As I understand it, Paul's brother is only head of the Notos Greyrat family, not the Greyrats as a whole, and another Boreas holds the position of head of the Boreas Greyrats and took in that guy's sons. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's more something along those lines.
Notos is the head of the Greyrats in general, so they have the sons.

Quote:
Anyway, I find it kind of crazy that the mana levels would be rising for years, monsters becoming more and more numerous and ferocious over time, odd events happening all over the place, and no one thought there might be something wrong with the big black sphere that keeps getting bigger and bigger along with those changes. Still, I think it goes without saying that things really are going to change from here on out; a blast with that kind of force is going to completely change the landscape at the least.
In the manga, at least, the orb didn't appear until basically that day or so. Not sure why the anime had it around for 2+ years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 16:06   Link #670
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I also remember reading about a research that said that occupational Inbreeding (be it between ​First, Second or Third Degree Relatives) with a gap of some generations (like 5-6 generations) could actually be beneficial, because it helps restore the strength of positive aspects of genes such as Immunities or Antibodies which run in a bloodline, but usually get diluted as another bloodline gets mixed in the offsprings.
actually this is a funny part, which while they didn't have the "tech" we have today and not that knowledge, they did have tha feelings which keep things in family could generae "strong" offsprings and keep the bloodline strong, this is why was really common during those times to have specially cousins marrying, to keep making sure the bloodline be strong it's show which indeed some stuffs even from the "past never changes" and are strong and a sort of "absolute truth.
Old 2021-02-28, 16:11   Link #671
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In the manga, at least, the orb didn't appear until basically that day or so. Not sure why the anime had it around for 2+ years.
Actually that is wrong.

In the Manga, it was shown that Rudeus only noticed that Orb in the sky the day it burst (aka., just before the end events of Episode 08, not before the events of Eris' 10th birthday).

When he asked Ghislaine about it, she said she asked Saurus about it before some years back, and he said that he had noticed that thing suddenly 5 years ago (aka., according to Manga, the Orb appeared around 2 years before Rubeus came to teach Eris).

Old 2021-02-28, 16:34   Link #672
kagato3

Quote:
Because it was there for 5 years before the event. The novel explained that it first appeared 2 years before Rudy arrived at the mansion. The manga cut Rudy noticing the orb and his conversation with Saurus who after 3 years decide he would treat it as harmless since there was nothing else he could do.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 16:34   Link #673
GDB

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

My bad.

So I guess the idea is that people just didn't notice it somehow.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 16:39   Link #674
kagato3

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

My bad.

So I guess the idea is that people just didn't notice it somehow.
It's less they don't notice it as it's been there for years, hasn't done anything, and no one can do anything about it
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 19:25   Link #675
HandofFate

All this talk about this and that. Am I the only that was like "omg, underaged drinking in an anime without a disclaimer"
Old 2021-02-28, 19:31   Link #676
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, that crossed my mind as well. Of course alcoholic beverages were consumed more widely in earlier times because untreated water could often contain harmful substances and diseases. Wine was probably viewed as safer than water even for kids like Rudy and Eris.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 20:14   Link #677
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
No, that crossed my mind as well. Of course alcoholic beverages were consumed more widely in earlier times because untreated water could often contain harmful substances and diseases. Wine was probably viewed as safer than water even for kids like Rudy and Eris.
True.

I recall a British food history show saying that before tea and coffee reached British shores, everyone used to drink a type of low-alcohol beer called small beer (due to unclean water issues). Even children were fed beer soon as they grew beyond baby milk.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 20:16   Link #678
grecefar

So phillips wife just was angry for her sons and rudeus only remind her that they aren't there. Is good to know that paul hasn't reach that far.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 20:31   Link #679
Blueknight78

those details for me is one of the things which make this series shine when compared with others "medieval fantasy setting", it's actually more accurace than many others when comes to world building, like some sort of alcohol level of drink being almost the basic source of "water" since in the past get "good water' was hard than today, also the "low age for sex marriage and being adult was more accurace too, because indeed in the medieval age, childrens where only "childrens" until around 10, this when they stopped to be just childrens and having fun and started to be more "more responsables and more "mature" since in those times the "max life spam would be around 50 to 70 at best if you are not "rich or have high influence, otherwise it would go a little high like 80 if you are not to go in battles which shortened a lot specially for males.

while this serie is not the mos awesome isekai or most full of news i do like some details like the peoples are not "perfect" you have good peoples which did bad things in past or do bad thing at last based on current "perception" but they in general are good peoples, not saying which we don't have bad peoples and some crimes must not be punished but the idea is which you don't have that "perfect world where everyone os flawed and is just or you have bad guys or good guys and only bad guys do bad things and only good guys do good things, this world is more realistisc than many which i saw so far.

Another note is only me or whenever i see te current OP for the anime specialy the music the only thing come to my head is spice and wolf, i really feel the OP and the song really bring me a lot the spice and wolf vibes whenever i see it.

now finally we are having the big plot twist and what was just being a "fantasy slice of life with some comedy and little drama here and there, finally is getting literally the "turning point" and we can get some "shounen fantasy action anime for a while it's gonna really be interesting see rudeos now having to be a shounen hero prota and losing his "good life", a lot of things gonna happens.
Old 2021-02-28, 20:46   Link #680
Ernietheracefan

Just curious, but how many chapters left until we see Rudy Sugita in full force..?

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, isekai