AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-28, 21:16   Link #681
Thor's Hammer

So according to Rudeus's parents, Rudeus apparently taught Sylphiette some really embarrassing things as part of his effort to groom her into being his ideal woman, leading to her no longer being bullied because of just how cringeworthy whatever she did in public was. I can only assume Rudeus taught Sylphiette such a thing to isolate her so that no other man would ever give her a look, giving Rudeus considerable social control over her.

Onto something more explicit, Rudeus got all bug-eyed and thought Eris would permit him to do some nasty things to her, including touching her down there, which lead to her beating the shit out of him and stomping on his balls. I wonder whether he really will behave for 5 more years given he thought about Sylphiette after thinking he'd have to wait 5 years, which shows he thinks he can make progress with Sylphiette before 5 more years have passed.

I'm interested in what happened at the end of the episode as it seems like things are finally getting serious.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 21:34   Link #682
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
So according to Rudeus's parents, Rudeus apparently taught Sylphiette some really embarrassing things as part of his effort to groom her into being his ideal woman, leading to her no longer being bullied because of just how cringeworthy whatever she did in public was. I can only assume Rudeus taught Sylphiette such a thing to isolate her so that no other man would ever give her a look, giving Rudeus considerable social control over her.

Onto something more explicit, Rudeus got all bug-eyed and thought Eris would permit him to do some nasty things to her, including touching her down there, which lead to her beating the shit out of him and stomping on his balls. I wonder whether he really will behave for 5 more years given he thought about Sylphiette after thinking he'd have to wait 5 years, which shows he thinks he can make progress with Sylphiette before 5 more years have passed.

I'm interested in what happened at the end of the episode as it seems like things are finally getting serious.
No, she went off on a magic tantrum. So the bulling stopped because they found out she could kill people by looking at them too hard.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 21:40   Link #683
Thor's Hammer

Well, Studio Bind didn't make that clear at all from the context. "Acting out" is not very specific at all, and given what viewers knew about Rudeus grooming her to be his ideal woman, I assumed it was something very nasty like her bawling all over and begging for Rudeus to come back, a culmination of Rudeus's effort to control her.

Thanks for telling me what actually happened, Magewolf.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 21:48   Link #684
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I wish they had just said that Eris is 12 now, instead of wording it the way they did. It was obvious what they meant, but the following scene looked like she was still 10, only later did it became apparent when Eris was suddenly much taller than Rudy.

Philipp's suggestion at tying up his own daughter was... Weird? I mean she'd kill Rudy even if she got tied up anyway
Even weirder is that both Eris and her mother seem to be up for it?
Followed by a very skippable scene.

On the other hand I can totally understand it from each and every angle. Eris isn't exactly easy to place with anyone, and they'd gain political influence that way too.
Moreover, if the actual family head of Rudy's family is even worse than Paul, I can see why they'd like either Rudy or Paul take over. (It would come to Paul in such a scenario)

Way to go to make your child cry Zenith - No wonder Norn is afraid of Sylphie :Rolleyes:

Rudy's not really getting further with the sword might actually be a cause of him being reborn btw. Looking at how Eris moves his previous world knowledge might tell him "Humans can't move in such gravity defying ways."

E:Btw I bet the contents of the box Lilia is holding are...
Spoiler for Box:
I wonder how hard Eris will smack him.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-02-28 at 22:03.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 22:24   Link #685
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Just curious, but how many chapters left until we see Rudy Sugita in full force..?
I have been wondering by myself if Rudy will grow into sounding like Sugita or whether his reincarnated self will have a different voice across his entire lifespan. I'm not expecting Yumi Uchiyama to voice him the whole time.

And if he does age, will he continue to have Sugita narrating his life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
"E:Btw I bet the contents of the box Lilia is holding are...
Spoiler for Box:
I wonder how hard Eris will smack him.
What else is Rudy's most precious treasure ?
Old 2021-02-28, 22:31   Link #686
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post

Seriously? They said nothing of the sort. They said he taught her some crazy stuff, which she put on display in her rampage when she found out they'd taken Rudy away from her, and now the bullies don't mess with her any more. True, they don't explicitly say it was magic, but you really think she responded to finding out that the adults stole her best friend from her with a strip show or something? No, I'm pretty sure they didn't mention her using magic because they figured it obvious that the little girl did her best to blow up the entire village. And bear in mind, no one knows anything about what you describe as Rudy "grooming" Sylph (which, mind you, only consisted of him choosing how close or far to get to maintain the "Oblivious to Love" friendly air that he felt was appropriate for someone too young for love). What they knew about was Rudy teaching her magic, which also made up the vast majority of their time.

That said, it's a pity we didn't see one thing the adults didn't know: her demonstration of raw power was only half of the reason the boys stopped picking on her. At least in the manga, she actually had a confrontation with those boys, and it ended with her giving them a cheerful, innocent smile and well the boys didn't want to throw mud at that face anymore.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 23:18   Link #687
maximilianjenus
[E]

Greart Episode; the only thing they skipped was rudy's monologue, tho I guess bodlanguage might have given it on ?

Quote:
Sweeping my eyes around, I see the wand in the corner of the room.

"…………!"

That's right.

I have completely forgotten about Eris's feelings.

Even though it's Philip and Sauros who came up with the money, the person who wanted to give me the wand is probably Eris.

Planning a party to make me happy, concerned about the dialogue that we had, even coming to console me before I went to bed.

She has done everything for me today, but I am swallowed up by my own desires, intending to ravage her.

Having my way with a child whose head is filled with me.

Just think about the happy expressions that she had when she's talking to the maids.

The things that I'm doing are designed to trample on that.

"………… Haha."

I'm the worst.

I don't have any right to tell Paul off.

I don't have any right to teach anyone anything.

Trash that enters a different world is still trash.

I'll pack my things up tomorrow and leave. I should die like a trash halfway on the way back.

"Ah………!"

When I become aware of it, Eris is standing at the room's door.

She's showing half her face. I quickly stand up in a hurry, up strai………

……… No, I'll lie my whole body on the floor!

"I, I'm really sorry about that earlier."

I lie on the floor like a turtle.
It was one of my favorite early moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
What else is Rudy's most precious treasure ?
His virginity?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 23:43   Link #688
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Wow. Pity they cut that scene, since it demonstrates more than anything I remember real growth. He took ten years of gradually suppressing and occasionally indulging, but he truly does feel legitimate remorse and recognize the need to change. Well, as long as he does indeed change from her on out it'll be fine I guess.
Old 2021-02-28, 23:54   Link #689
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Seriously? They said nothing of the sort. They said he taught her some crazy stuff, which she put on display in her rampage when she found out they'd taken Rudy away from her, and now the bullies don't mess with her any more. True, they don't explicitly say it was magic, but you really think she responded to finding out that the adults stole her best friend from her with a strip show or something? No, I'm pretty sure they didn't mention her using magic because they figured it obvious that the little girl did her best to blow up the entire village. And bear in mind, no one knows anything about what you describe as Rudy "grooming" Sylph (which, mind you, only consisted of him choosing how close or far to get to maintain the "Oblivious to Love" friendly air that he felt was appropriate for someone too young for love). What they knew about was Rudy teaching her magic, which also made up the vast majority of their time.

That said, it's a pity we didn't see one thing the adults didn't know: her demonstration of raw power was only half of the reason the boys stopped picking on her. At least in the manga, she actually had a confrontation with those boys, and it ended with her giving them a cheerful, innocent smile and well the boys didn't want to throw mud at that face anymore.
this is something which really annoying's me, see at this point we just have peoples complain for the sake of "complain" and find any excuse to distorte things for the "worst" because anime not was "clear enough" for then, because if they don't explicity say things let's just see "the worst outcome" because rude is a old geese perv which diservers nothing and this family is worsth this anime is worst and all the stuffs normally comes to this because now become the only reason for some peoples to watch is to have something to complain.
Old 2021-03-01, 00:48   Link #690
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Just curious, but how many chapters left until we see Rudy Sugita in full force..?
I think it will be a long way
Uchiyama is better for voicing teenage Rudy
Quote:
Wow. Pity they cut that scene, since it demonstrates more than anything I remember real growth. He took ten years of gradually suppressing and occasionally indulging, but he truly does feel legitimate remorse and recognize the need to change. Well, as long as he does indeed change from her on out it'll be fine I guess.
maybe they can arrange it and save it for later

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 04:35   Link #691
kagato3

Again he wasn't grooming Sylphy his "plan" was pretty much the same as when he thought she was a guy. Remain close to her and teach her stuff (mostly things she asked him about first). Rudy himself didn't want her to be that clingy and dependent on him and agreed that Paul did the right thing breaking them up..

Sylphy saw Rudy being taken and attacked Paul to such a degree that if it was anyone less skilled she would have killed them.
Some more stuff they skipped
Due to the crazy stuff that Rudy taught her Slyphy was assisting Zenith in the village clinic .
She was basically going over to Rudy's house for bridal training after he left. Again this was something she decided.
Throwing this in spoilers as it may come up later but was most likely skipped
Spoiler for sylphy's problematic mindset:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 06:36   Link #692
Huh...?

Quote:
I wish they had just said that Eris is 12 now, instead of wording it the way they did. It was obvious what they meant, but the following scene looked like she was still 10, only later did it became apparent when Eris was suddenly much taller than Rudy.
Its not really their fault though. As they did make things clear as to flow of seasons in the series, with the OP animation being removed and instead showing stuff happening around.
It was already clear from start that Rudy was 2 years younger than Eris, so when Eris was 10 years old, Ruby would be 8; and when Rudy turned 10, Eris would be 12 years old.

Why do they have to keep reminding the viewers about the age of each characters, when they mentioned it in the start and show the seasons go by.
That would really become tiring and wasteful though, as they plan to make Mushoku Tensei a long running multiple season series.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2021-03-01 at 06:47.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 10:17   Link #693
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Its not really their fault though. As they did make things clear as to flow of seasons in the series, with the OP animation being removed and instead showing stuff happening around.
It was already clear from start that Rudy was 2 years younger than Eris, so when Eris was 10 years old, Ruby would be 8; and when Rudy turned 10, Eris would be 12 years old.

Why do they have to keep reminding the viewers about the age of each characters, when they mentioned it in the start and show the seasons go by.
That would really become tiring and wasteful though, as they plan to make Mushoku Tensei a long running multiple season series.
I'm not talking about not having understood that two years passed, I got that part instantly. My issue is is the scene that followed right afterwards, as Eris looked exactly the same, as if no time had passed at all. Instead, a scene where we could se their difference in height would have been better.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-03-01, 11:23   Link #694
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I'm not talking about not having understood that two years passed, I got that part instantly. My issue is is the scene that followed right afterwards, as Eris looked exactly the same, as if no time had passed at all. Instead, a scene where we could se their difference in height would have been better.
Seriously dude? Unless they hit their growth spurt in that time, kids generally don't change that much from ten to twelve. And Rudy hasn't changed that much either. The animators are already working their butts off to make an incredible production, no need to make it even worse by forcing them to change the model every couple episodes. I'm sure she'll look different when she's in her mid teens, but no need to demand that much change that quickly.

Not to mention that some note WAS made that her chest has expanded (not much, still well within standard loli levels, but enough to be noticed in certain clothing).
Old 2021-03-01, 11:49   Link #695
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Seriously dude? Unless they hit their growth spurt in that time, kids generally don't change that much from ten to twelve. And Rudy hasn't changed that much either. The animators are already working their butts off to make an incredible production, no need to make it even worse by forcing them to change the model every couple episodes. I'm sure she'll look different when she's in her mid teens, but no need to demand that much change that quickly.

Not to mention that some note WAS made that her chest has expanded (not much, still well within standard loli levels, but enough to be noticed in certain clothing).
They actually did make Eris taller though, which is my point... It was just not apparent in the scene that followed right afterwards, as she was doing a jump.

Old 2021-03-01, 13:32   Link #696
Jaden

I'll laugh when in five years, Eris will have gone from adorable loli to a hard ass like Ghislaine, and shows up again to honor her promise.
Old 2021-03-01, 13:58   Link #697
kagato3

I'll cry if in 5 years. Eris will have gone from adorable loli to a hard ass like Ghislaine, and shows up again to honor her promise.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 15:08   Link #698
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Greart Episode; the only thing they skipped was rudy's monologue, tho I guess bodlanguage might have given it on ?
I know right? I'm a bit disappointed that they cut off this part, was imo very important to understand better Rudeus, but i guess the animators were forced to cut here and there to keep the 24 minutes per episode compromise (however they should have avoided that useless intro with various medieval landscapes during the opening theme and so add the monologue).

Anyway it was a blast episode as always, also lolibaba appeared.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 15:32   Link #699
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
(however they should have avoided that useless intro with various medieval landscapes during the opening theme and so add the monologue).
Actually i believe that intro's like that is actually a clever usage to showcase the passage of time and change of seasons for the series, without suddenly jumping between years mid-episode. Usually those kind of spots only has repeated scenes in them, so its not that bad.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 21:15   Link #700
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, the sexual fantasy is the content that should have gotten cut.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, isekai