AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-01-01, 09:20   Link #24021
sierra117
Harem Seeker

So what is their stands?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-01, 09:28   Link #24022
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
So what is their stands?
Hajime - Egari(fairy)
Kouki - Ur Alt(girl form)
Kousuke - Shuten-douji

***Edit***
Looks like we finally have a March release date for Zero volume 5. The synopsis seems promising with the Liberators gearing up for their final battle and Miledi acting strange after touching concept magic. I look forward to seeing whether the author managed to wrap things up in this book or if it will take another one to reach the conclusion.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2021-02-01 at 05:43.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 07:22   Link #24023
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Looks like we finally have a March release date for Zero volume 5. The synopsis seems promising with the Liberators gearing up for their final battle and Miledi acting strange after touching concept magic. I look forward to seeing whether the author managed to wrap things up in this book or if it will take another one to reach the conclusion.
Based on the summary, i don't think this volume would be the final one to wrap up the "Zero" plot, considering the Author's comments (in his WN releases) on how it was hard for him to finalize the plot flow for the Zero LN v05, and it did take him a long time to do it as well, like 3+ months (think he started working on it back around last week of October 2020).

My guess, if the Main Series climax battle is going to be divided into two volumes, then the finale of Zero would also be divided in two volumes, with LN v05 starting the plot of the climax for Zero.

My prediction for upcoming LN releases post Zero LN v05 are,

"Zero LN v05" (2021/03/25) -> "Short Story Collection v02" -> "Main Series LN v12" -> "Short Story Collection v03" -> "Zero LN v06" (Finale) -> "Short Story Collection - Zero" -> "Main Series LN v13" -> "Short Story Collection v04" -> "After Story v01"

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 13:26   Link #24024
RDNexus

Why do you think main story's final battle has content for two volumes?
Main story ending by Vol12 seems fitting to me, with Zero getting half the length of it.

To note, I didn't read WN, so I'm only theorizing.

---

Also, I've been reading Vol11 as of late... And...

Holy Crap, Dear Goodness... Did I just read it right...?
Myu just casually named creepy-looking golems after the demons of the seven deadly sins?
Man, the chuunibyou is getting WAY out of hand in Arifureta...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2021-02-01 at 13:57.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 15:10   Link #24025
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Why do you think main story's final battle has content for two volumes?
Main story ending by Vol12 seems fitting to me, with Zero getting half the length of it.

To note, I didn't read WN, so I'm only theorizing.

---

Also, I've been reading Vol11 as of late... And...

Holy Crap, Dear Goodness... Did I just read it right...?
Myu just casually named creepy-looking golems after the demons of the seven deadly sins?
Man, the chuunibyou is getting WAY out of hand in Arifureta...
The chapters of the WN don't seem like it at the beginning but they're long, if the LN has more new content added like the rest of the books that included more parts from the pov of the classmates and other characters a book may be not enough, the final arc of the of main story has a lot of batlles with all of the characters separated from each other, even without the Hajime vs Ehit there's enough for a book with the battles of the heroines and other secondary characters, I personally wish the the end of the series to be divided so the author can have enough pages for a proper closure for the story.

About the golems, Myu didn't name them, the golems were called like that from the beginning, the explanation of that is in the the second arc of Endo in the afters if you're interested.

@Huh...?, the first colecction of short stories already included all the short stories of the first ten volumes and the four of Zero, there isn't anywhere enough material for all of those collections of short stories of your prediction, I think it is likely overlap will publish a second book with the short stories not included in the first collection after the end of the main story and Zero, but just one, I think too it's still soon for saying if Zero will have just two more volumes or more, it wouldn't surprise me if we have

Zero volume 5 - Main story 12 - Zero 6 - Main story 13 - Zero 7 - second short story collection
Old 2021-02-01, 15:57   Link #24026
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
stories of the first ten volumes and the four of Zero, there isn't anywhere enough material for all of those collections of short stories of your prediction, I think it is likely overlap will publish a second book with the short stories not included in the first collection after the end of the main story and Zero, but just one, I think too it's still soon for saying if Zero will have just two more volumes or more, it wouldn't surprise me if we have

Zero volume 5 - Main story 12 - Zero 6 - Main story 13 - Zero 7 - second short story collection
The 1st Short Story Collection majorly only covered the Bonus stories until Main Series LN v05, with a few stories from Main Series LN v06 (like from example, it only covered the first 4 "Magic Academy" stories, while skipping the 5th one in LN v06, eventhough it did have some other bonus stories from LN v06).

It didn't cover any Bonus stories past Main Series LN v06 nor any of the Bonus stories from Zero LN volumes. And the rest of the Stories were all "Originals" for the "Short Story Collection" volume.
So, its expected that the Bonus Stories from LN v07 onward plus the skipped ones from LN v06 would be covered in the next "Short Story Collection" volume.

And considering that none of the the Bonus stories from Zero LN volumes were including in the first "Short Story Collection", i expect the Author to release a separate one for "Zero" after its LN plot ends.

As for why i predicted a release schedule like that, its because the closer we get to the end of the series, the more time gap there would be for a volume to be released. Like there was a 13 months gap between the release of Main Series LN v10 and LN v11. Similarly, the gap between Zero LN v04 and LN v05 is going to be around 15 months. So, to fill the gaps and also to spread-out the release schedule, the "Short Story Collection" would probably be used as filler volumes.

My guess is that Main Series LN v12 would be released sometime around Sep-Nov 2021. So, to fill the gap another "Short Story Collection" would probably be released (like we had between Main Series LN v10 and Zero LN v04).

As for the material or content for the "Short Story Collection" volumes, like for the first one, Author can just write some originals instead (which based on his record, he would happily do). It might even be possible for him to eventually include the "Eternal Artifact" Blu-ray Bonus volume in one of the "Short Story Collection" volumes.

While i predicted 3 more Main Series "Short Story Collection" and 1 Zero "Short Story Collection" volumes, it might be less than that. So, it possible we might get only 2 more SSC for the Main Series (though the Zero SSC would probably happen).

Just a note at the end, while we English Readers are getting the Bonus stories including in the Premium version by J-Novel, the Japanese readers aren't getting those Bonus stories like that. They would have to buy multiple same volumes from different partnered stores to collect all the bonus stories (since in Japan, i think each volume only contains one bonus story, with each distributor releasing a different bonus story with there volume sale). So, a "Short Story Collection" would be really beneficial to the fans in Japan (as not everyone can buy like 5-6 copies of the same volume from different stores to collect them).

Old 2021-02-01, 16:56   Link #24027
RDNexus

I'd rather not have 2 more volumes to read of main story.
Vol11 is already being a chore to me to read.
Too much content, too much dialogue for little happening.
Old 2021-02-01, 17:02   Link #24028
jagt

I thought all the stories where the ones released with the books and not new ones for the ocassion, I though too they used the stories from more volumes, but if you're right then there's certainly material for all of those books, but I don't think the gap between books being so big is in the plans of Overlap, the hype of something isn't so long lived, slowing down to two volumes per year or one book per 7-8 months is one thing, but when it goes over a year there's definely a problem, the risk of some new series coming and snaching the fans' atenttion from yours is always there, even more if you take forever between book and book.
Old 2021-02-02, 06:23   Link #24029
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
I thought all the stories where the ones released with the books and not new ones for the ocassion, I though too they used the stories from more volumes, but if you're right then there's certainly material for all of those books, but I don't think the gap between books being so big is in the plans of Overlap, the hype of something isn't so long lived, slowing down to two volumes per year or one book per 7-8 months is one thing, but when it goes over a year there's definely a problem, the risk of some new series coming and snaching the fans' atenttion from yours is always there, even more if you take forever between book and book.
Gap of over a year isn't going to cause an issue, if there are other stuff being released in the meantime like Side-Stories or Spin-Offs, and the Author is active.

There would only be problem if there isn't any news from the Author and the series goes into hiatus (including the WN) without warning for nearly or over 2 years.
This has happened to Series like "Knight's & Magic" and "TsukiMichi", as the Author of those two went totally silent on every release except the Manga, for nearly over 1 year (even the WN chapters which were released by the Authors post return were released with big gaps), and the newest LN volume (which wasn't even related to the climax plot) was released after 2 years from the previous one.

In the case of Arifureta, something like that happening is sort of low, since not only we have multiple spin-offs (both Novel and Manga), but even Anime adaptation and also a Sequel (in WN format currently) which the Author almost regularly updates as long as he isn't busy with LN stuff. So, even if Author takes like a gap of 14-15 months between each volumes, it won't cause an issue, especially since we are at the end of the plot, so even a big release gap won't irritate the fans that much (because they know they want the best possible ending).

Take the example of the "Harry Potter" series. While the first 4 volumes were released within a year to each other, the gap between v04 & v05 was 3 years, and the gap bettwen v05 & v06 and v06 & v07 was 2 years each. Even with the big gap, because of the Movies and all the other stuff going around, there was not a single drop in the attention of the Fan's towards the series.

Last edited by Huh...?; 2021-02-02 at 06:34.
Old 2021-02-03, 08:12   Link #24030
RDNexus

Still on Vol11... Hopefully, almost at the end.

Man... Is Shea now horny over guys and girls alike?
Old 2021-02-03, 10:48   Link #24031
Silvertail

No, Shea just loves Yue as much as she loves Hajime. It's one of those 'she doesn't mind if it's her because she loves her too' thing.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 05:32   Link #24032
Huh...?

New "After Story" raw up, which is expected since Author finally finished his work on Zero LN v05.
We should be now getting regular or semi-regular updates until atleast mid April.

Old 2021-02-06, 07:31   Link #24033
borisdrakoni

Haha, poor Shizuku. Who would have ever thought that Kamen Pink would become the Haruhi Suzumiya of Tortus. Of course, Lily is the culprit.

***Edit***
Zero volume 5's cover:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Looks like volume 6 is coming out in April too. No wonder the author has been so busy lately.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2021-03-01 at 06:22.
Old 2021-03-01, 07:09   Link #24034
Huh...?

Quote:
***Edit***
Zero volume 5's cover:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I am correct to believe that the cover characters are Young Miledi and Belta, right?

Old 2021-03-01, 11:05   Link #24035
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I am correct to believe that the cover characters are Young Miledi and Belta, right?
Yeah, seems like it. Maybe we'll be getting another past flashback again due to whatever side effects Miledi is suffering from after touching on concept magic. It would be kind of nice to learn some more about the founder of the Liberators.
Old 2021-03-02, 08:43   Link #24036
Huh...?

@borisdrakoni: What do you think about the possibility that Zero LN v06 is going to be the final volume of the Zero side-story.
And also about the possibility that even the climax part of the "Main Story" would be divided into two volumes (aka., v12 & v13) and releasing back-to-back as well (rather than doing it in one volume).
Also what about the possibility that the next release by the Author might be another "Short Story Collection" volume (so that he can have some light work and some free time to work on the climax of the Main Story).

Old 2021-03-02, 15:18   Link #24037
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
@borisdrakoni: What do you think about the possibility that Zero LN v06 is going to be the final volume of the Zero side-story.
And also about the possibility that even the climax part of the "Main Story" would be divided into two volumes (aka., v12 & v13) and releasing back-to-back as well (rather than doing it in one volume).
Also what about the possibility that the next release by the Author might be another "Short Story Collection" volume (so that he can have some light work and some free time to work on the climax of the Main Story).
I think it's highly likely that volume 6 will be the final one for Zero. I believe the afterword of volume 4 mentioned that the story was heading into the climax, and based on the synopsis teasers it looks like volume 5 will set up for the final battle while volume 6 wraps it up. The fact that it's coming out so soon after volume 5 is also telling. It kind of feels like Shirakome fell into his usual habit of writing way more than originally anticipated when trying to finish up an arc, and one volume ended up turning into two.

As for the main story LNs, it's still pretty hard to tell. There are only 15 WN chapters left to adapt. Cramming them into a single book would make it hands down the longest of the series by a good margin without even considering the usual gaiden chapter, but there's not enough material for 2 volumes currently. There would need to be a hefty amount of original content to make up the difference if it would be split into 2. Speaking personally, I would rather not have another cliffhanger in volume 12 since volume 11 also left off on one, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I have nothing to base it on, but I don't think we'll see another short story collection before the main story ends. It's not like they have to release anything else before volume 12 comes out, so rather than delaying it to publish more of the previous short stories they'll probably have Shirakome focus on ending the main story since we're already halfway through the last arc.
Old 2021-03-03, 02:48   Link #24038
Huh...?

Quote:
I have nothing to base it on, but I don't think we'll see another short story collection before the main story ends. It's not like they have to release anything else before volume 12 comes out, so rather than delaying it to publish more of the previous short stories they'll probably have Shirakome focus on ending the main story since we're already halfway through the last arc.
Yeah, i guess that's also possible.
But considering the 13 month gap between the release of LN v10 and v11, i thought that they would take a slightly bigger gap for the v12 (and possibly v13). So, like they used the in-between to release a "Short Story Collection", i thought they might do it again this time.

Well, its more to do with the fact that working on "Short Story Collection" is probably less tiring than working on the main volumes, like "Zero" or "Main Story"; so maybe Shirakome would do that next for a low pressure workload, because he seemed quite tired (atleast his words in the last WN chapter we got), after he finished working on the Zero LN's.
There is also the fact that i think its time for their to be some sort of movement from the Anime production side as well, since its been over an years now since Season 1 ended, and we got confirmation of Season 2.

As for another "Short Story Collection", i was thinking that maybe it would be a "Zero" focused one, rather than the Main Story.
I mean, the first SSC we got was completely focused on the Main Story, with nothing from the "Zero", except for that original crossover special.

And since LN v06 is going to end the "Zero" plot, it would be best to completely wrap-it-up by releasing a SSC volume with all the bonus SS from the 6 Zero LN volumes (plus some extras, maybe like a story about the "first Summoned Hero on Tortus who fought the evil god but failed", as a connection to the After Story, since "Zero" does cover the story about the past, so it shouldn't be odd to contain a SS about a lost lore of that plot).

Old 2021-03-03, 08:40   Link #24039
haseo0408

Ok, I´m a little confused, according to what I found Volumes 5 and 6 of Zero are going to realese a month apart from each other, is that information correct?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 09:21   Link #24040
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Ok, I´m a little confused, according to what I found Volumes 5 and 6 of Zero are going to realese a month apart from each other, is that information correct?.
Overlap certainly has the sixth volume of Zero scheduled for April, there's too this synopsis:
――これは“ハジメ”に至るゼロの系譜。
【あらすじ】
ミレディの元に集った“解放者”たち。神への攻勢をはかり、変革せんと狼煙を上げる。神代を終わらせ、人の 時代を呼ぶ決戦が今、始まろうとしていた。

This is Zero's genealogy leading to Hajime.

The Liberators gather under Mileidi. Preparing the attacks to the Gods, Raising the signal to change. The final batlle for changing the God's age to the human's.ç is about to begin.

I find strange too the small gap between publications, but that sentence of the synopsis mentioning Hajime makes me think maybe there are things on Zero's final volume that need to be shown before the next volume of the main story for the sake of its plot.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel