AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-02-26, 13:38   Link #3141
Shelbrit

Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 14:06   Link #3142
nekodamashii

Thanks, Mirable. Lise eating Chocolate shall become my lock screen image henceforth.
nekodamashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 16:39   Link #3143
Shelbrit

Official translation of Seirei Gensouki by J-Novel Club will have paperback version.
https://twitter.com/jnovelclub/statu...86553945604098

Last edited by Shelbrit; 2021-02-26 at 19:29.
Old 2021-02-27, 12:08   Link #3144
Mirable
ミラベル

Vol 19 synopsis.

Quote:
少年の不在。そして、少女たちの戦い。

リーゼロッテ奪還のため、ガルアーク王国を離れたリオ。
その不在を最大の好機とみたレイスは、リオへ復讐心を募らせる【天上の獅子団】の傭兵たちと共にガルアーク 城を強襲!
城内が騒然とする中、留守を預かる少女たちは襲撃者に抗うべく、否応なしに命がけの戦いへと身を投じること になるが――

「守られるだけの存在じゃないって、示したいんです。自分が弱いせいで、ハルトに距離を置かれたくないから !」

少女たちの覚悟に応え、一陣の風が戦場を駆け抜ける!!
Reiss and Lucius's ex-goons raid Galwark castle.

I guess it's Miharu who say those line. Perhaps we will see Miharu in action for the first time.

I'm more interesting to see Satsuki's divine arm, we never see her used it for once.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 13:54   Link #3145
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
Vol 19 synopsis.

Reiss and Lucius's ex-goons raid Galwark castle.

I guess it's Miharu who say those line. Perhaps we will see Miharu in action for the first time.

I'm more interesting to see Satsuki's divine arm, we never see her used it for once.

The young man’s absence. And then, the girls’ battle.

Rio that went away from the Galarc Kingdom for the sake of rescuing Liselotte. Reis who uses his absence for assaulting Galarc’s royal castle alongside the members of mercenary squad “The heavenly lions”, who want revenge against Rio!
While the castle is in chaos, the girls who stayed behind fight against the assailants, regardless of they wanting it or not it becomes a fight with their lives on the line---

[I want to prove that I’m not someone who just needs to be protected. I don’t want to get away from Haruto because of my own weakness.]

In response to the girls’ resolve a breeze runs through the battlefield!!

In that sentence the speaker calls Rio's name without an honorific, just Haruto, the only heroine aside from Aisia that calls Rio without honorifics is Celia, so I think the one speaking must be her instead of Miharu. I also think the last sentence is a hint about Gouki coming to the girls' rescue.

Last edited by jagt; 2021-02-27 at 14:39.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 14:56   Link #3146
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Is anyone else bored of Reiss as an Antagonist in every volume?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-02, 01:06   Link #3147
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Is anyone else bored of Reiss as an Antagonist in every volume?
I wouldn’t be if we had more of an endgame or understanding of what he is plotting and some more subordinate villains.

But yeah, the addition of Erika as an enemy was a breath of fresh air.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 06:20   Link #3148
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Reiss is one of those cookie cutter cartoon villains that always comes back in every episode.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 10:52   Link #3149
nekodamashii

Guys, I made some guesses, what do you think?

Rio is the seventh god. The six great spirits didn't die, they were weakened maybe or something else happened to them and Rio had to form a contract with all six of them, turning them into Aisha who slept for a thousand years to recover.

Now aside from that, I'm more interested in the power levels. If I understood the history correctly, the wise gods, the high spirits and the demons or whatchamacallit fought until most of the strongest guys were no more. Then the heroes were summoned and dealt the finishing blow, if so then the heroes shouldn't be that strong. I mean sure they are strong but compared to the high spirits or the wise gods, they are close to cannon fodder (makes sense since they got their powers from the wise gods). My guess is Riess whatever he was, became involved in the war along that time, as in, he doesn't know how strong the wise gods or high spirits are and he doesn't know about Rio (whom I assume should have played a big role in the war) at all. that's why he' so cautious of the heroes powers (because he's never seen anything stronger) and knows a lot about them. Also, he said he isn't at his best or something like that, but I really can't see Reiss being that strong. I think he might be hero level or very close to that at his prime, but not anywhere near strong enough to survive a war of gods and spirits vs some evil beings.

I just wrote it and I can find contradictions in the theory. When he saw Aishia, Reiss talked like he knows some stuff about high spirits, if so then he should have met the ones in the war. Wait, that's only if there have never been any other high spirits since then. The world is big Reiss might have met some other high spirits, assuming his knowledge about them comes from dealing with them in the first place.

My theory also doesn't explain the divine arms of the heroes. Since they use spirit arts, chances are big, the six spirits were used in making those arms. Well, even if that's true, it depends on how the author explains it.
Old 2021-03-04, 12:35   Link #3150
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post

Rio is the seventh god. The six great spirits didn't die, they were weakened maybe or something else happened to them and Rio had to form a contract with all six of them, turning them into Aisha who slept for a thousand years to recover.

Now aside from that, I'm more interested in the power levels. If I understood the history correctly, the wise gods, the high spirits and the demons or whatchamacallit fought until most of the strongest guys were no more. Then the heroes were summoned and dealt the finishing blow, if so then the heroes shouldn't be that strong. I mean sure they are strong but compared to the high spirits or the wise gods, they are close to cannon fodder (makes sense since they got their powers from the wise gods). My guess is Riess whatever he was, became involved in the war along that time, as in, he doesn't know how strong the wise gods or high spirits are and he doesn't know about Rio (whom I assume should have played a big role in the war) at all. that's why he' so cautious of the heroes powers (because he's never seen anything stronger) and knows a lot about them. Also, he said he isn't at his best or something like that, but I really can't see Reiss being that strong. I think he might be hero level or very close to that at his prime, but not anywhere near strong enough to survive a war of gods and spirits vs some evil beings.

I just wrote it and I can find contradictions in the theory. When he saw Aishia, Reiss talked like he knows some stuff about high spirits, if so then he should have met the ones in the war. Wait, that's only if there have never been any other high spirits since then. The world is big Reiss might have met some other high spirits, assuming his knowledge about them comes from dealing with them in the first place.

My theory also doesn't explain the divine arms of the heroes. Since they use spirit arts, chances are big, the six spirits were used in making those arms. Well, even if that's true, it depends on how the author explains it.
There was never absolutely any kind of descriptions of the things occurred 1000 years ago. Who fought against what or who was never told either, it was never told who was at which power level or the requirements for being on which level. Those sentences about Reiss being not anymore on his prime are from nowhere in the book for what I remember.

About the power levels, there was a talk between Reiss and Nidor divided between volume 13 and 14. During that talk Reiss mentioned the next power levels from 1000 years go:

Hero<Great hero<Awakened hero<Trascendental(The maximum level it seems).

By Reis' words the fact of being able to summon the beast makes Erika to be at least an awakened hero and to have the potential for reaching the trascendental class. Also , when Reis listened to the beast roaring after materializising, he wondered if it was its first roar after 1000 years, so it seems that the heroes from the past were able of summoning beasts too.

Reis thinks Rio is great hero class and by joining forces with Aisia they can somehow be at the level of an awakened hero at best. After reading the volume 18 I have to agree with this evaluation, Rio was able of matching the beast's firepower for some moments but that was his limit, on everything else the beast was superior, the beast is certainly a level above Rio. By the way you misunderstood something, Rio's power level or skills aren't what surpised Reis, Reis was already expecting Rio to be weaker than the beast but somehow no that much weaker than it. What Reis finds strange is that a human born in the parallel world even with the boost given by making a contract with a spirit shouldn't have the power level that Rio has. This gap between Rio's strength and Reis' calculations, in my opinion, comes from the fact that Reis is evaluating Rio taking into account the quantity of odo, output and talent for the spirit arts that a human born in the parallel world should have, when currently thanks to being a reincarnator Rio has the same quantity of odo, output and talent for spirit arts that the otherworlders have plus the boost from contracting Aisia, so to say Reis seems to have no idea about the possibility of making a human from earth to be reborn on the parallel world, in other words to make a human from the parallel world to come with all the pluses from being an otherworlder.

About the Gods, high spirits and demons, it was never told anything about their power levels, so it is impossible to consider someone cannon fodder or overpowered by comparing to them because there isn't any comparation material or reference.

About all your wild guessing, I agree with you about the missing high spirits being used somehow for making the divine weapons and the beasts, the fact that the beast and the divine weapons appear and disappear the same way the spirits do is something that hints heavily at that. In volume 14, if Lucius and him had succeded on kidnapping Celia Reis wanted to kidnap Aisia too for using her as the material for something interesting, so at least the part about the spirits being possible fabrication materials for things is true, about the rest, as you said it is on the author.
Old 2021-03-04, 14:19   Link #3151
nekodamashii

In vol 12, when Reiss fought Rio to hold him back one of the lines Reiss said "いえいえ、正真正銘、これが今の私の限界ですよ。全力を出したのはいつ以来だったのか忘れるくらいに、久 しく出してはおりませんでしたがね"

He clearly says in the first sentence that this is his current limit.
Old 2021-03-04, 14:38   Link #3152
jagt

Quote:
In vol 12, when Reiss fought Rio to hold him back one of the lines Reiss said "いえいえ、正真正銘、これが今の私の限界ですよ。全力を出したのはいつ以来だったのか忘れるくらいに、久 しく出してはおりませんでしたがね"

He clearly says in the first sentence that this is his current limit.
At that time more than not being on his prime I think Reis meant what he can do without exposing his true abilities. Until now Reis has always been really careful about how much of his power he shows and in front of who.
Old 2021-03-04, 14:52   Link #3153
nekodamashii

Your take on it makes sense. Either way, regardless of the validity of the assumptions, I better not take Reiss's words as a basis for anything.
Old 2021-03-04, 16:08   Link #3154
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
What he's saying there is that it's been so long since he last went all out that he's currently unable to reach that. Ie. he's extremely rusty and can't bring out his full abilities.
Old 2021-03-04, 17:02   Link #3155
Roberto1

Quote:

my theory is that Rio is a hero too, and that his next power up is getting a divine arm like the rest of the heroes, also his hero element is not wind even if he uses that a lot, (satsuki is wind hero) his element is probably light
Old 2021-03-04, 18:12   Link #3156
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
my theory is that Rio is a hero too, and that his next power up is getting a divine arm like the rest of the heroes, also his hero element is not wind even if he uses that a lot, (satsuki is wind hero) his element is probably light
I personally agree with you about the part of Rio being a hero too. In fact since I read the volume 18 I have wondering if Aisia is currently what Rio can summon instead of a beast like the rest of the heroes, with Rio not having awakened yet being the reason why she doesn't have her memories and at the same time the excuse for her power up.

But I have to disagree about the light attribute, because the light attribute doesn't exist. There are spells like light, photom bullet and magic cannon that consist on using balls of light as a source of ilumination or as an attack, this makes people think a light attibutte exists but the author clasifies those spells as fire attribute, because at the same time that they are balls of light they are balls of heat too.

Fire attribute: despite its name it doesn't include the spells or arts to just control fire, it includes the ability to control the heat itself and the phenomena that needs it for existing.
Ice attribute:despite its name it doesn't include the spells or arts to just control ice, it includes the ability to control the cold itself and the phenomena that needs it for existing.
Water attribute: the spells or arts that control water.
Wind attribute: the spells or arts that control wind.
Earth attribute: the spells or arts that control the soil.
Lightning attribute: the spells or arts that controls lightning.
We have a hero for each of this six attributes and six Gods too. This is the common sense of everyone but there is a problem with it. What happens with the spells and arts that doesn't fit inside the six previously mentioned attributes? The healing, the barriers, the hypnosis, the magic on the magic power-sealling collars and slavery collars, the space-time magic, the magic on Rio's sword that amplifies the power of his spirit arts... there are plenty of things that makes me think there's a seventh attribute, curiously enough there's a seventh God and a candidate to seventh hero too. Coincidence? I personally don't think so and if I have to make a guess about Rio's attribute I woulp put my bet on this.
Old 2021-03-04, 23:57   Link #3157
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
I personally agree with you about the part of Rio being a hero too. In fact since I read the volume 18 I have wondering if Aisia is currently what Rio can summon instead of a beast like the rest of the heroes, with Rio not having awakened yet being the reason why she doesn't have her memories and at the same time the excuse for her power up.

But I have to disagree about the light attribute, because the light attribute doesn't exist. There are spells like light, photom bullet and magic cannon that consist on using balls of light as a source of ilumination or as an attack, this makes people think a light attibutte exists but the author clasifies those spells as fire attribute, because at the same time that they are balls of light they are balls of heat too.

Fire attribute: despite its name it doesn't include the spells or arts to just control fire, it includes the ability to control the heat itself and the phenomena that needs it for existing.
Ice attribute:despite its name it doesn't include the spells or arts to just control ice, it includes the ability to control the cold itself and the phenomena that needs it for existing.
We have a hero for each of this six attributes and six Gods too. This is the common sense of everyone but there is a problem with it. What happens with the spells and arts that doesn't fit inside the six previously mentioned attributes? The healing, the barriers, the hypnosis, the magic on the magic power-sealling collars and slavery collars, the space-time magic, the magic on Rio's sword that amplifies the power of his spirit arts... there are plenty of things that makes me think there's a seventh attribute, curiously enough there's a seventh God and a candidate to seventh hero too. Coincidence? I personally don't think so and if I have to make a guess about Rio's attribute I woulp put my bet on this.
As i see they are only 4 elements, water (hiroaki), fire (trashisa), earth (Erika), wind (satsuki)

The others are not elements
Ice (Renji) is not element neither is Lighting (Rui)

So Rio could be light or darkness
Old 2021-03-05, 05:32   Link #3158
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post

I'm inclined to agree with Jagt until we see something more concrete. Perhaps the way the heroes and divine armaments are developed play a role into why the 6 heroes have divine beasts instead of a spirit like Aisha. Or maybe Erika has a beast instead of a human spirit because she is so messed up inside (not really, but that would be interesting).
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 06:57   Link #3159
Shelbrit

少年の不在。そして、少女たちの戦い。
from HJ Bunko's Twitter account.
Old 2021-03-05, 07:06   Link #3160
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbrit View Post

少年の不在。そして、少女たちの戦い。
from HJ Bunko's Twitter account.
The hand next to Sara's face is definely Celia's, that red hair and ahoge is Alma's, that much I can tell, but it's difficult to say if they are giving us a part of the cover as usual or a part of a color illustration. If it is a part of the cover I wonder if Ouphia will appear too since the other two of the trio are there.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai, magic