AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 14.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 12.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-20, 22:55   Link #61
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Well, knowing Shana, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a bit more aggressive than usual.

What I'd really like to see is how Yoshida deals with this. And how long it'll take Yuuji to figure out why Shana and Yoshida seem so miffed.
what you mean how Yoshida's going to deal with this? 0_o

she's going to do what she always does (including this week), think about the situation way too much, become highly insular and slightly creepy, and just happen to be walking by while Yuji is having some sort of interaction with Konoe in a public area. (apparently all walls, telephone poles, trees, bushes, etc. are reserved for Yoshida) maybe she'll eventually have a moment of clarity (like when she confessed), but I doubt thats coming next week.

best we can hope for is that she teams up with Shana, which would actually be pretty amusing.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-20 at 23:13.
Old 2007-10-20, 23:02   Link #62
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
9/10

I thought this episode was very good. It's cute, funny, and I just enjoyed it overall. So far this I've given this episode the highest rating for this season, and I hope that future non-action orientated ones will be similar to this.

BTW, I think Shakugan no Shana officially has the most cutest characters, and I'm taking Kanon, SHnY, CCS, and other well-animated anime into consideration. Most of the girls are cute, include the female leads.
Old 2007-10-21, 02:19   Link #63
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Konoe is officially now a walking pillar of moe. I kinda even forgot Shana for a second there. Looking forward to next week.

Somehow this series can do better comedy than actual comedy series out there. I laughed during most of the volleyball scene. And the lunch scenes.

Too bad it's lacking in story so far. Mare was so undeveloped even for a filler villian, but they surpassed that with this other denizen, which I can't even remember his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
The only real weak spot (aside from a forgettable villain ripped off from Buso Renkin) was Margery. She really needs to get off her ass and do something
Exactly my first thought. But at least Gouta has some skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Good, Sensei, you look kinda cool. >_< He looks away... wait for it... wait or it... Yes, he still looks like that.
In during teacherclose.jpg

I also noticed a bad shot from Konoe, although the big eyes usually mask QUALITY.

I really do hope they're saving the money for the novel material.

Never forget
Old 2007-10-21, 03:01   Link #64
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Konoe is officially now a walking pillar of moe. I kinda even forgot Shana for a second there. Looking forward to next week.

Somehow this series can do better comedy than actual comedy series out there. I laughed during most of the volleyball scene. And the lunch scenes.

Too bad it's lacking in story so far. Mare was so undeveloped even for a filler villian, but they surpassed that with this other denizen, which I can't even remember his name.

Exactly my first thought. But at least Gouta has some skills.

In during teacherclose.jpg

I also noticed a bad shot from Konoe, although the big eyes usually mask QUALITY.

I really do hope they're saving the money for the novel material.

ROFL on the teacher picture!
It was an ok episode. Yuji's fine with the love quadrilateral as long as he doesn't turn to a Makoto
Old 2007-10-21, 03:04   Link #65
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'll be expecting a nice boat reference in this anime soon too.
Old 2007-10-21, 04:15   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post

*bends over in laughter*
It's amazing how easy it is to not notice the scene when watching the episode, but it's so funny and obvious when directly presented.

Which shot of Fumina?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-21, 06:05   Link #67
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

reasonable episode for a haremn anime
Old 2007-10-21, 07:35   Link #68
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Im hanging in there, but this season isnt nearly as enjoyable for me as the first. I cant fault anything in particular with the episode, i just dont like the direction they went overall witht he harem thing. Shana is better this season? Yeah okay...she was much cooler first season, and much more badass i think.

ANd i am sorry, she doesn't seem like the type to just accept all these women doing anything to irritate her in anyway lol I am surprised she hasn't threatened them with bodily harm.

Old 2007-10-21, 09:49   Link #69
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

This episode was actually most enjoyable out of the 3 i saw so far. And meh i also agree the first season was better. But still a lot of episodes to go so who knows

And meh the villain sure was disappointing, i didn't expect the villain to die like a noob that easily

Other than that. Did you knew people could move forward when running like that? Look at her legs move...
Spoiler:

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Old 2007-10-21, 12:52   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Most one sided fight of the series

Yeah, and people claim the Gundam's in 00 are overpowered. I don't recall one of them just standing there, taking what amounted to a small nuclear explosion right next to it, and then with a small "Hmph" proceeding with the Coup de Grace. Shana is kind of overpowered here, whether it's in her playing arcade style volleyball and drilling the ball into the floor with explosive effects, or taking hits from Chariots of Fire there while dealing perfect counterblows.

Also, I don't really understand why they are so scared of the thought of Fumina being Hecate. If I recall, Hayate was more like a pawn and barely did anything to try and harm them in the first series. All she did was the pseudo-rape of Yuji and that was it. Hecate never struck me as a particularly dangerous or evil character when on her own.

One thing I noticed at the end is that everybody kind of had an intense look when Fumina reached up to grab Yuji's arm. Strange. We should find out about that next time. Nice use of a cliffhanger there.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:09   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Other than that. Did you knew people could move forward when running like that? Look at her legs move...
Spoiler:
Haha, the power of anime is not to be underestimated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
One thing I noticed at the end is that everybody kind of had an intense look when Fumina reached up to grab Yuji's arm. Strange. We should find out about that next time. Nice use of a cliffhanger there.
I think that was just jealousy.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-21, 17:02   Link #72
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yeah, and people claim the Gundam's in 00 are overpowered. I don't recall one of them just standing there, taking what amounted to a small nuclear explosion right next to it, and then with a small "Hmph" proceeding with the Coup de Grace. Shana is kind of overpowered here, whether it's in her playing arcade style volleyball and drilling the ball into the floor with explosive effects, or taking hits from Chariots of Fire there while dealing perfect counterblows.
I dunno maybe because he WAS a NOOB?
Old 2007-10-21, 17:45   Link #73
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I was seriously disappointed with that yaro though...all talk and no trousers to show for it

His attack must have sucked hard if shana didnt even need to flinch...

bad animation? bleh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-21, 17:47   Link #74
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

"Flame of Heaven" isn't just for show, I guess. Maybe Dance Party proved more effective because it dealt magic damage instead of elemental?

You gonna get some "special training". Hehe. Yes, my mistress!

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-10-21 at 20:30.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:06   Link #75
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Yeah, umm she was completely unaffected by his attacks cause they were FIRE lol SHe has burning embers resonating from her body people lol

Old 2007-10-21, 22:42   Link #76
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
"Flame of Heaven" isn't just for show, I guess. Maybe Dance Party proved more effective because it dealt magic damage instead of elemental?

You gonna get some "special training". Hehe. Yes, my mistress!
I call the sexy maid bondage!

And yeah, I noticed the goofy teacher and running... but there were some way worse things in the first season (I noticed quality differences cuz I marathoned it), some poor renditions even of the main characters, so I didn't mind. Better the teacher than Shana, lol.
Old 2007-10-22, 03:53   Link #77
tabun
rawr!

There I was, hoping for season 2 to deliver a more refined definition of the relationship(s) between Yuuji, Shana and Yoshida, maybe some development - but here we are, presented with yet another female showing affectionate behaviour towards Yuuji ~.~ Oh well!
Old 2007-10-22, 08:24   Link #78
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Normally I'd rant long and hard. Just don't have the will to do so right now. Just gonna say Konoe = goddess. That is all.
Old 2007-10-22, 08:58   Link #79
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Jep.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-22, 16:14   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The official website updated with the stupid idiot Denizen.

Here's Kasha/Casha's profile:

Spoiler for Casha:

Nothing too amazing.

Well, Bal Masque didn't send him. He was just there...

Closed Thread