AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 19:09   Link #21
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Can anyone tell me how much of this movie is in Taiwanese? If there is a lot of it, I'll have to look for the subbed version.
Go to jay-chou.net

Um.. but I'm not sure how much it is in NTD
Maybe you can convert it by multiply it by 33?
twkiwilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 19:13   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Zhou Da Xia

Old 2008-03-24, 19:16   Link #23
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
twkiwilee If I had to choose what I liked most in the movie it would be the track ZHOU DA XIA DX
yep yep yep..me too me too me too! zhou da xia= hero chou

everybody say: TOFU!! ..KUNGFU!!

lol

Geta~ your awesome!!
Old 2008-03-24, 19:18   Link #24
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Is the OST released for this movie ? I want to get my hands on the complete Version of Zhou Da Xia really bad
Old 2008-03-24, 19:26   Link #25
twkiwilee

Quote:
Is the OST released for this movie ? I want to get my hands on the complete Version of Zhou Da Xia really bad
Good question. I believe so. I don't have the OST but I do have that song because it was put into one of Jay's concert Albums.

But BUt BUt..

you can always go on imeem.com and listen to the songs~

the complete song is about a little bit more than 2 minutes long~
Old 2008-03-24, 19:29   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thanks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by twkiwilee View Post
His Initial D movie was ok.. but his music is BETTER~
Lot of my friends had told me to pick up Intial D . I was hesitant as I am not into sports anime . One day I came across the LvA of Initial D so I decided to give a try . And I loved it so much I ended up watching the anime .

I dont listen to jay's music all I had seen was Initial D, and I became a fan . When I checked him up on wiki I was pleasantly surprised to know what a big of a star he was . . He is so simple in his movies that's a shocker as Idols always carry their superstar persona into anything they do
Old 2008-03-24, 19:42   Link #27
twkiwilee

Quote:
Lot of my friends had told me to pick up Intial D . I was hesitant as I am not into sports anime . One day I came across the LvA of Initial D so I decided to give a try . And I loved it so much I ended up watching the anime .

I dont listen to jay's music all I had seen was Initial D, and I became a fan . When I checked him up on wiki I was pleasantly surprised to know what a big of a star he was . . He is so simple in his movie that's a shocker as Idols always carry their superstar persona into anything they do

gasp* I love the anime Initial D!! XD I wonder if they are going to do a fifth stage~

I also love all the songs in Initial D, both in movie and the anime.
Whenever, a song came up during a dog fight, I became hyped up and excited~

Jay embedded his own personality into his movies, esp in kung fu dung~
He is sarcastic, tries to act cool and likes to say jokes (that some aren't even funny)

Haha... grad that he's acting wasn't bad. When I first heard that Jay is acting.. I *gasp*~ and thought is he sure?, but I guess he got some acting practices from all his MVs that he had done.~

But..I just hope that he can sing in english~ but that will never happen--since he sucks at academic anyway.
Old 2008-03-24, 20:01   Link #28
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hope there is a Fifth season for Initial D . Meanwhile you can check out this anime Wangan Midnight . I liked both the anime and LvA, If I had cto choose one I would say LvA as it introduced me to the anime

I remember this one track in 90s which was very popular called " Come on Jackie Chan " . It accompanied the movie Rumble in Bronx . I hope this song Zhou Da Xia becomes the swansong of that movie and becomes equally popular .

Dont the poses in the bar scene remind you of Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury. I think its Jay's homage to Bruce
Old 2008-03-24, 20:36   Link #29
Z3120

Hmm, by any chance is there an English sub for this? I might be interested in watching if there was. If there's a srt file for English subs, that'll suffice too
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:53   Link #30
brocko

Don't all if not most HK films come subtitled in english in the first place anyway?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 23:39   Link #31
twkiwilee

Quote:
I hope there is a Fifth season for Initial D . Meanwhile you can check out this anime Wangan Midnight . I liked both the anime and LvA, If I had cto choose one I would say LvA as it introduced me to the anime
I am so into Wangan Midnight now too! the episode just keeps getting better and better.
But I'll still going to keep watching due to my curiosity

O yea, I just remembered, it was also due to watching Jay's Initial D that got me into watching the anime version of Initial D, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Hmm, by any chance is there an English sub for this? I might be interested in watching if there was. If there's a srt file for English subs, that'll suffice too
Kung Fu Dunk Movie: With Horrible Subs

right click on video, press US sub #2

But it has the crappiest subs with so much grammatical errors that you might not understand... but this is the only video with subs. Unless you want a torrent version. then let me know ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Don't all if not most HK films come subtitled in english in the first place anyway?
It's actually a mandarin film from taiwan, in a way. But the people in the movie are mostly from Hk anyway~ Jay Chou has a liking of casting HK people into his movie.

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-03-25 at 03:56.
Old 2008-03-25, 07:31   Link #32
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

I just watched it. I liked the movie, but the subs were horrible. They mentioned Kazakhstan and Jerusalem about 10 times...and at one time when they were playing this song, it mentioned "Kung fu" but it was translated at "Tofu". D: At first when I saw "tofu" I was like, weird song. When the word "Kung fu" came in, it just gave me the bad feeling that I probably am getting the story line wrong with these subs. No way would any of that have made sense. I guess they just wrote down what it said in Mandarin, and got some translator program to translate it? =\

Other than that, I quite liked the movie. Maybe there was some jokes in speech that I didn't get because of the subs, but meh. I found it good.
I'm looking forward to Kung Fu dunk 2. (and better subs)
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 08:01   Link #33
Rembr

How is this similar to Slam Dunk aside from the whole basketball thing?
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 21:06   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yes that Jerusalem its really confusing but luckily Tripper is helping me out to make sense of Jerusalem . I have many repiles pending here , I will reply as soon as I can Jerusalem :heh
Old 2008-03-26, 05:22   Link #35
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
How is this similar to Slam Dunk aside from the whole basketball thing?
You have the basic plot, one newcomer to basketball on the same team as the ace, both going after the same girl. That's it. This is not really an adaptation of the manga, don't expect it to be.