Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-05, 02:15   Link #61
leokiko

The opening was very, VERY awesome.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 06:47   Link #62
Arya

MAL tells that this time the series has Fujiko as main character. Interesting. And in fact the OP follows that statement. The OP is really over the top btw.
I knew that Lupin had fanservice, but in my country it was aimed to a kid audience, so they had had to cut a lot

I suppose posting the OP would be against the AS rules, eh? I was gonna post it (under NSFW tags, anyways).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 08:55   Link #63
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.1 so i guess slowly how lupin & fujiko meet.

give way it went quite ok give way designs on it quite unique i say wonder how will go give it's going to be 13eps series give based on fujiko?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 09:06   Link #64
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

This just amazing... best anime episode that I ever watched.
just wow, look at that movie quality.. and the chara design is just beautiful.
Old 2012-04-05, 10:59   Link #65
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
The only knowledge of Lupin III I have is from watching the red-jacket series (and even then I didn't watch all of it, I really need to at least watch Cagliostro). I still love what I watched there (especially the theme song) so I'm looking forward for this and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was just pure fun from start from finish, and really sexy too. Sure they may be quite a lot of (uncensored, at that) fanservice, but come on, this is centered on Fujiko Mine, I wouldn't have it any other way. The artstyle is very stylish, and personally I don't think it detracts in anyway. The music is great, and I seriously can watch a whole season of Fujiko and Lupin tricking and one-upping another, with Zenigata following from behind (not too sure what to make of that new guy though). Definitely looking forward for more.
Old 2012-04-05, 11:15   Link #66
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm not sure this kind of approach of nudity still count as fanservice
Old 2012-04-05, 11:44   Link #67
AleX_MytH

It was very, very impressive. Even dialogs are written surprisingly good.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:53   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent first episode. Hard to resist a guy who has a wild solution to every insoluble problem...even if he does have fur on the back of his hands.

But really, the stars of the show were the animation and Sawashiro Miyuki. Terrific direction from Yamamoto Sayo (the overall director) and/or Takahashi Tooru (the episode director, who directed ten episodes of Utena).

Are all Lupin shows as good as this? Are we perhaps seeing the excellent side of Okada Mari?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-04-05 at 12:04.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:58   Link #69
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Wow, just wow.

That was a rather amazing episode of some brilliant anime.
At first I was a little uneasy at the art style but that quickly dissolved away, I really dig the art now.

And man Lupin, all I can say is James Bond's has got nothing on him

And then Mine Fujiko....what can I say she's almost perfection

Kanichi Kurita still got it as Lupin, would be very weird hearing anyone else play the part.

Sawashiro Miyuki is well she'll alwyas sound great no matter what to me so all good there.

Brilliant stuff!
Old 2012-04-05, 14:58   Link #70
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Sawashiro Miyuki is well she'll alwyas sound great no matter what to me so all good there.
Totally agree with you. She is one of my Top 5 VA and anything she touches is an instant watch for me.
Old 2012-04-05, 16:13   Link #71
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, the only Lupin III I've seen before is Castle of Cagliostro which didn't really prepare me for this.

So I wasn't entirely sure whether I was going to watch this series at all, but as far as this first episode went I liked it. I liked the style, the dialogue, the music, it all worked for me!

Definite must watch in my list, now.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:19   Link #72
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You can add another big name: Shinichiro Watanabe is producing the music.
Yeah, was going to mention my surprise at seeing Shinichiro Watanabe in the credits as well but you beat me me to it, awesomely unexpected. Even without the credits you could sense he had involvement in how the music was used from his previous projects.

What a staff they've got for this.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 17:56   Link #73
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was so awesome on all levels.
Old 2012-04-05, 18:17   Link #74
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well, the only Lupin III I've seen before is Castle of Cagliostro which didn't really prepare me for this.
Castle of Caligostro is to Lupin III as, I don't know, Adam West's Batman is to '90s Antihero Batman. Coming straight from the manga I remember being all "eh? this is cute but what is this and when is the real Lupin III going to start?" while watching it.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:28   Link #75
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
This just amazing... best anime episode that I ever watched.
just wow, look at that movie quality.. and the chara design is just beautiful.
That's Takeshi Koike for you. I'd almost argue that this would be worth watching just for the visual experience, but then again I'm still pretty concerned about what Mari Okada might do for a story. This is her chance to show me that she's worthy of her recent omni-presence and the praise she gets cause so far she's done very little to impress me with her scripts and ideas.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 18:39   Link #76
Arya

Awesome, I really liked the art style, the direction, well I can easily say that I liked pretty everything so far. Even VAs, that is something usually I don't pay much attention to. Yes, it's Fujiko's VA I'm talking about

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 19:25   Link #77
Sol Falling

Now that was just plain decadent. Knew this would be a worthwhile pick, lol. I'm not very familiar with Lupin (the Third, :P) but I'll allow this series to educate me.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 20:04   Link #78
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So can anyone confirm if this was hand drawn or not cause it sure looked like it?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 20:07   Link #79
solomon

Well yea it was hand drawn but computer colored as no one uses cells anymore.

Are basing the hard judgement on Okada's work on AnoHana? Cause I didn't see that. I'm always wary of being hard on screenwriters as there are tons of cooks in anime production, not to mention it's a bit much to rely on just ONE production as a C.V. (Hell she wrote Toradora and I loved that so she MUST be AWESOME right?)

I see no problem here frankly, probably because the characters are already well established, it's how they are USED here that counts and they're used well. Everything is grittier, particularly Lupin (and Kurita's performance of him), previous Lupin was fun but sometimes a tad too Looney Tooney or at worst Disney fied (a complaint against some of the more recent Lupin works I hear).

This reminds me most of the first half of the '71 Green Jacket series, actually aimed at adults (which still rocks to this day), and to a certain extent the first Movie. Characters have a complex interplay/relationship that's real charming and Lupin is not merely goofy but really damned cool the way he handles the situation and gets shit done.

I heard that Zenigata was actually a much more serious adversary for Lupin in the Manga, I wonder if that's what they're going for here. Well just like different directors and actors put their own spin on the Looney Tunes or James Bond, so we will see with Zenigata among others.

The direction and animation as expected are stylish and high quality. The Jazz is sick, nuff said.

So count me on, this will be my mid week respite from the drudgeries of retail work.

And oh yea, FUJIKO, IROKEEEEEEEEE
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 20:39   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fujiko is played by Yuuki Aoi's favorite seiyuu, Sawashiro Miyuki. YA fawns all over her at the slightest chance, ever since the two starred together in Kurenai. It seems she taught Ao-chan a lot.

Famous roles: Puchiko (Di Gi Charat), Mint Blancmange (Galaxy Angel), Shinku (Rozen Maiden), Shinkuro (Kurenai), Celty (Durarara), Kanbaru (Bakemonogatari), Lag Seeing (Tegami Bachi), etc., etc. Also acts in live theatre, in a small way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote