AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 19:16   Link #1081
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 7: Commemorative Photo Shoot and Classroom

Given how at the start of this season the anime staff has been dropping out many subplots from the latter half chapters that comprise the manga I was a bit surprised but glad that they didn't skip Hiramaru's day out with Aoki.

It was an important step for Hiramaru to gather his own courage to let known to Aoki that he likes her and wants to continue to go out with her. For Aoki her day off with Hiramaru became an enjoyable sensation due to all those fun rides she got from Hiramaru, escaping Yoshida's grasp; definitely more fresh love material for her next manga.

And, I got to say that Yoshida both looked and acted pretty badass in this episode. Just how many lengths does a Jack editor intends to go at encouraging his assigned genius manga-ka to keep him drawing and coming up with a good manga for serialization?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 14:24   Link #1082
ookamigirl

Episode 8

I really liked the intro.
It's really cool when they show us manga.
That sure was an interesting story.
Looks like there are some really talented guys out there as well.
Classroom of Truth was really good.
Tooru had a really interesting plan of advertising his work.
It was pretty unique too, but also kinda unfair toward others.
So far I don't like this guy's methods, but his manga is great.
Tooru is a total sleaze and a cheater. He's gonna be serious trouble.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:37   Link #1083
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Nanamine may actually have hit on something here – a new way of going about the manga game that makes some very sensible changes to a system that’s basically been unchanged for 30 years despite the advances in mass communication over that time. Why not involve the public more directly in the creative process? Why shouldn’t an author have a more direct and collaborative relationship with the audience? This would obviously represent a very dire threat to the existing power structure in the industry, and it’s worth repeating that even if there’s a kernel of wisdom in his ideas, Nanamine is probably the wrong messenger. He’s clearly unethical and has no notion of the boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed, in the name of progress or anything else.

In purely practical terms, Nanamine represents a very real threat to Ashirogi Muto’s future plans. His sensibility overlaps directly with theirs, and he may be ahead of Takagi in terms of what directions to take their work in the future. He’s clearly got real talent and has no hesitation in doing whatever it takes to get ahead, and his admiration for Ashirogi surely won’t give him pause when it comes to stomping on them. But Mashiro and Takagi have always performed best when under threat (Hattori has already figured this out), and when they’re feeling righteously indignant – and with an unethical phenom trying to occupy the same creative space they are, they have every reason to feel both threatened and outraged here. I expect this development to push the two of them to their highest creative peak so far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:01   Link #1084
Kakkou
Tch.

Bakuman. 3's welcoming the final cour of the anime with a new OP/ED!

OP2: "23 Ji 40 Pun" (23:40) by Hyadain, composed by Base Ball Bear
ED2: "Yume Sketch" (Dream Sketch) by JAM Project

Holy crap, they're ending the series with a bang from the looks of it! I'm so glad I don't have to remember Bakuman's final theme song as a nano.Ripe song. Not that it's a bad song, it just doesn't feel Bakuman-ish imo...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 13:40   Link #1085
Marower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Bakuman. 3's welcoming the final cour of the anime with a new OP/ED!

OP2: "23 Ji 40 Pun" (23:40) by Hyadain, composed by Base Ball Bear
ED2: "Yume Sketch" (Dream Sketch) by JAM Project

Holy crap, they're ending the series with a bang from the looks of it! I'm so glad I don't have to remember Bakuman's final theme song as a nano.Ripe song. Not that it's a bad song, it just doesn't feel Bakuman-ish imo...
... I got no words O_o
Totally ending with a bang. I cannot wait.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 20:19   Link #1086
Taivasvaeltaja

I want to read Classroom of Truth. Haven't really felt like this about any other series in the serie, but it seemed intresting.
Taivasvaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 23:28   Link #1087
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 8: Goals and Assessment

Finally, here he is! Nanamine Tooru made his infamous debut into the storyline for the Bakuman anime.

To tell you the truth, I was hoping (or maybe wishful thinking) for Fukuyama Jun getting the voice role to Nanamine, since he has this quality to bring forth the dementedness of evil young genius characters, although Mamoru Miyano isn't behind from that trope either; Light Yagami from Death Note is a testament to such morbid but effective performance.

So, what made Nanamine infamous is to cynically confess before the stunned Ashirogi-sensei that all the ruckus in the internet with uploading Classroom of Truth manga, then let it out that never made past to the top finalist in the Jack's Treasure contest was to bring attention onto himself to the eyes of the Editor-In-Chief and have him read his newest manga thus bypassing Kosugi in the first check to get a 'yes' for a serialized one-shot.

There's evil invading Jack; his name is Nanamine Tooru.

BTW, I love that girl Saeki from Nanamine's Classroom of Truth manga, since she reminds me of Lenalee's D.Gray-man.
Old 2012-12-08, 08:18   Link #1088
ookamigirl

Nanamine sure shocked our fav duo.
At least those two got all fired up about their manga.
Kosugi really has his hands full with Nanamine since he's not listening to him at all.
He's basically cheating.
OMG seems like Nanamine took "Money and Intelligence" manga way too literally and lived his life that way.
Unorthodox standard battle manga by Ashirogi Muto. Can't wait to see that!
I was surprised Nanamine would show Kosugi how he does his manga.
So far he has everyone wrapped around his little finger once way or the other.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-12-08, 10:14   Link #1089
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh. Hell. No.

Spoiler for season 3 episode 10:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:00   Link #1090
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Looks like it's all up to Ashirogi Muto teach Nanamine a hard lesson.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 20:31   Link #1091
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, not like Nanamine started out a bad guy, but he definitely got twisted up along the way. He took the wrong messages from "Money and Intelligence." I suppose though that shows the power of works like manga, you just never know how people will be influenced. Guy just took the lesson that money will solve all his problems and that using others is just fine.

You really do want to see this guy be knocked down.
Old 2012-12-09, 05:03   Link #1092
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can't help but have some sympathy for him, though. His method is interesting, and is rejected for such arbitrary reasons.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:37   Link #1093
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I keep wondering...
With the hectic schedule of a mangaka, can Nanamine's way succeed?
Sure you get 50 people feedback, but doesnt that make it inconsistent? And once his accomplice betrays him, and spread rumours about him, doesnt his career end?
Seems like Nanamine's way is not feasible over long time serialization...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 10:45   Link #1094
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I keep wondering...
With the hectic schedule of a mangaka, can Nanamine's way succeed?
Sure you get 50 people feedback, but doesnt that make it inconsistent?
Well, he has the final say. And the power to kickban people.

Quote:
And once his accomplice betrays him, and spread rumours about him, doesnt his career end?
That's more of a problem. Which wouldn't exist if he didn't have to act in secret because of the editors' understandable desire to not be cut out.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 16:29   Link #1095
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Final Page 9: Confidence and Resolve

In this post, I'm reviewing about Nanamine's method for doing his manga.

The short summary he came up first with the main idea for Classroom of Truth, that whoever lies gets killed. It's a novelty idea that quickly draws in the readers.

For his published one-shot the idea came if a person in love gets anxious then he farts; another novelty idea.

Now to expand both the scope and the characters for his two titles he gathered around 50 different people from around the internet, creating a base network to supply him of a variety of ideas. Once he compiles all the ideas he agrees to with the other 50 people's agreements, then he starts to build them up by connecting them where it seems fitting one with another.

Now, according to Hattori's analysis after reading the one-shot, the characters became much fleshed-out and the art stylized but feels a bit of overlapping with Ashirogi Muto's PCP; the reason for this overlapping definitely will be explained in the next episode.

Now, let me review a few points that Nanamine made clear about his method:
- Nanamine through word makes his collaborators to keep quiet about what they are doing.
- Alledgedly, Nanamine takes credit for making both manga, in spite of using a vast array of ideas gathered from 50 individuals.
- There's a scene in episode ninth of the anime's third season in which Nanamine's seen talking to someone on the phone that he already made a deposit to an agreed account.

Depending if I decide to mingle ethics within Nanamine's stuff with the way he's doing things then his whole business falls between a gray area, although an unorthodox one:
- The people providing ideas to Nanamine did not sign a sort of formal or legal document relinquishing intellectual rights to their ideas. Instead, they got Nanamine's word about keeping quiet in public, although it looks like Nanamine is taking full credit for the manga.
- According to Nanamine, he can kick away anyone out from his circle of 50+1, if someone rises in protest of not getting credit for the idea he or she came up with or extorting for money about the matter.

In the world of strict business, Nanamine's doing following that practice wouldn't be either prosecuted or call illegal, as long as one of two conditions are fulfilled:
1) Him being his own boss OR
2) Not having signed any legal document expressively prohibiting him from disclosing anything that he sees, hears, does, or makes within the company to an outsider party.

The trouble with Nanamine's system in the legal area falls:
1. There is just words from Nanamine taking credit for the ideas and forbidding his collaborators not to disclose anything outside. However, the collaborators have the right to do so and even protest, because it is implied that they did not sign any formal papers granting their consent to give-up their ideas to Nanamine, although the anime vaguely suggests that Nanamine is paying whether be to the collaborators or artists he met online in the internet.

2. Because he did his one-shot for Jack and got published in the magazine, then that means Nanamine became a pro. Therefore, he should have discontinued or abandoned the use of that system, but he didn't. By continuing relying on the use of 50 unknown people for ideas to get his next manga serialized, in a legal context he has violated the law, breaching confidential information from Jack to unknown parties.

3. Anime and manga are not just the only narrative artworks out there that tell stories about the theme of one reaping rewards by honest, dilligent, and steady, personal efforts and hard work.
In real life, one gets a sense of personal fulfillment and an enriching experience by achieving what he or she dreams of through his or her own means, although it doesn't hurt to get advice and ask help from other people. Furthermore, if that personal accomplishment was achieved with help from others, then the due credit must be equally shared between oneself and with those who participated.

In Nanamine's case, his mindset is centered around the idea that people act only for money and can be purchased to hire their services or company. He likely also follows the mindset that if one person happens to patent, then sell a certain idea that originally came from another person, then the one who patented the idea first gets the credit.
Unfortunately, in the real world's business context any good idea that has potential to sell can be taken away by another person or party, if the original owner doesn't keep quiet about it, until he or she gets the patent for that idea first.

His way of doing things lack both a face and a soul, because at the end he doesn't get any sense of personal accomplishment or a positive experience. Instead, he's turning the whole manga business into a strict, money-making factory that overlooks or overrides the whole human resources that keep it running smoothly.
For example, his way of bypassing his editor to get the green lights on his next serialization clearly is another blatant violation of Jack's Editorial Department practices.
Old 2012-12-16, 02:09   Link #1096
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it's certainly a fitting combo. A couple of jerks coming together to make a manga. I can't believe they brought that guy back. It's rather impressive though how he looks like a bigger jerk than when he left. Oh well I suppose it will increase the satisfaction when Nanamine and Nakai both get blown out.

In the end it's not like Nanamine can keep this kind of thing going for long. He's already seeing the faults in his system. Keeping a large group together with nothing to tie them besides the interest in making a manga isn't easy. Even if he kicks out anyone who complains about not getting recognition the longer he goes on the more that feeling will spread. Even if he can replace people there's no guarantee the quality will stick with those new people. Not to mention the rumors that can leak out will bury him. Whether or not one agrees with the rules against what he's doing, they still exist. If he doesn't like them then he can use that limitless cash flow to start up his own manga company.

In the end it's not so much his methods, but rather the fact that Nanamine is a jerk. More than looking forward to seeing him get destroyed.
Old 2012-12-16, 08:14   Link #1097
ookamigirl

Nanamine's editor wasn't too happy about his serialization.
It was kinda sad Shiratori's manga got cancelled.
Hattori was smart enough to suspect something was off about Kosugi.
When Mashiro and Takagi told him the truth about Nanamine's wayhis reaction was expected.
That guy was walking all over their principles and ideals. He went too far.
Hiramaru was totally down after Aoki got serialized.. but was resurrected as her assistant.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-12-16, 11:22   Link #1098
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What a noticed in the ninth episode is that they inserted a flashback back from when Nanamine was just a child with no friends before discovering Ashirogi Muto's Money and Intelligence.

The inclusion of that flashback is a clever one, because it meaningfully depicts the starting point as to when, how, and why Nanamine turned into a bad apple, and his obsession with Ashirogi Muto to get surpassed via the power of money.

For the more astute viewers who have happened the read all the manga way before, that flashback scene actually came from a late manga chapter than those used to get the season 3 ninth episode adapted.

Season 3 episode nine mostly got adapted from chapters 119 and 120 from the manga. I won't say from which manga chapter comes the Nanamine's childhood flashback, since it would be spoiler.

But, from what I can tell there's now the possibility that the producers and animation staff won't be adapting up to the very end of the manga for this season.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:48   Link #1099
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What a noticed in the ninth episode is that they inserted a flashback back from when Nanamine was just a child with no friends before discovering Ashirogi Muto's Money and Intelligence.

The inclusion of that flashback is a clever one, because it meaningfully depicts the starting point as to when, how, and why Nanamine turned into a bad apple, and his obsession with Ashirogi Muto to get surpassed via the power of money.

For the more astute viewers who have happened the read all the manga way before, that flashback scene actually came from a late manga chapter than those used to get the season 3 ninth episode adapted.

Season 3 episode nine mostly got adapted from chapters 119 and 120 from the manga. I won't say from which manga chapter comes the Nanamine's childhood flashback, since it would be spoiler.

But, from what I can tell there's now the possibility that the producers and animation staff won't be adapting up to the very end of the manga for this season.
While I can certainly agree with you, I also think they're adapting it perfectly to end it where the manga did.

Spoiler for Guesses at future arcs using very general allusions:

Here's hoping it swings that way!

EDIT:

Forgot to add my obligatory "Mmmm....Kaya."

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-12-16 at 12:20.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 15:35   Link #1100
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I can't help but have some sympathy for him, though. His method is interesting, and is rejected for such arbitrary reasons.
Agree. With a bit of twitch, his method should be feasible, morally and methodologically, provided that he got the skills to make everything flows.

I mean, wasn't anime fillers (not made by author) considered unorthodox too when it 1st appeared ?

It would be a huge scandal too if it's kept secret that the filler part's made by non-author.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen