AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 22:39   Link #541
takai
Easy Muffin

Hime is cuter than I thought. I think the angel story is a foreshadow of Masuzu's sister joining the fray. Each girl was eerily similar to the girls in the story.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:18   Link #542
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Why do these types of shows become instantly worse when they introduce auxiliary cast members? It's just like Haganai...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:33   Link #543
Sumeragi
Banned

Hime is a bit.... strange, so to speak.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 01:52   Link #544
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Did anybody remember the original premise of the series where it's suppose to be two people who hates love and wants nothing to do with it?

Cause I don't think I've seen any of that in our two main characters anymore.
This cannot be called the premise. This is after all a harem love comedy series (it's not just about Masuzu and Eita), not a serious love comedy series like Sakurasou or Toradora, so it's a given that any watcher can guess that Masuzu will fall in love with Eita. The only question is 'when'? The theme is 'Shuraba', which is a definite 'result' whenever a harem is involved. The accompanying theme is 'Ji-En-Otsu' (faking, charade, play-acting, lies). And Masuzu and Eita's fake relationship sets up the dynamics for everything.

As to having them acting a little 'dere' towards each other, it is a reasonable behavior considering that they are adolescents who just experienced their first encounters of 'intimacy'. They are moments of 'body-over-mind' at that kind of age. It doesn't mean that their beliefs about love have been completely overturned.

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-13 at 02:17. Reason: Put the entire comparison behind spoiler tags
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 03:56   Link #545
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
This cannot be called the premise. This is after all a harem love comedy series (it's not just about Masuzu and Eita), not a serious love comedy series like Sakurasou or Toradora, so it's a given that any watcher can guess that Masuzu will fall in love with Eita. The only question is 'when'? The theme is 'Shuraba', which is a definite 'result' whenever a harem is involved. The accompanying theme is 'Ji-En-Otsu' (faking, charade, play-acting, lies). And Masuzu and Eita's fake relationship sets up the dynamics for everything.

As to having them acting a little 'dere' towards each other, it is a reasonable behavior considering that they are adolescents who just experienced their first encounters of 'intimacy'. They are moments of 'body-over-mind' at that kind of age. It doesn't mean that their beliefs about love have been completely overturned.
Of course, I know that they would eventually fall in love, I was just under the impression that this whole strong dislike (or just lack of interest) for love which was presented so prominently in the first episode as a strong point in their character would be a key focus and something that they both have to work on overcoming. But it just seems like they have 'forgotten' about it soon after that first episode.

Heck, I'm okay if it's just a one arc thing instead of an overarching plot point, except the first arc was more on the childhood friend. Even the chuunibyou-ism is more prominent

Okay, maybe it's just me and I'm just taking the whole 'Want nothing to do with love' too seriously.

That being said though... Six episodes in and Eita seems to have adopted the 'Araragi Koyomi' School of Resolution to his approach- Victory through getting ass-whooped

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-13 at 04:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 04:09   Link #546
Used Can

By the way, unless the phrase 「てめえの血、何色だ?」 is some kind of Japanese idiom, I believe this was a HnK reference.

Spoiler for HnK reference:
Old 2013-02-13, 06:15   Link #547
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
By the way, unless the phrase 「てめえの血、何色だ?」 is some kind of Japanese idiom, I believe this was a HnK reference.

Spoiler for HnK reference:
It's an idiom originated (or made popular, not sure) from HnK. Lit, it is "what color is your blood?", translates to "are you even human!?" to indicate some kind of anger or disgust towards someone who commit something deemed atrocious.

The idiom is that while it is obvious that humans have red blood, that someone committed something that's deemed so inhumane so that one doubts if he/she indeed have red blood.
Old 2013-02-13, 08:02   Link #548
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Spoiler for ep. 6:
Old 2013-02-13, 10:20   Link #549
n120cky

I looking forward to see Hall monitor girl, she take the most of my attention at the OP after Masuzu.
Old 2013-02-13, 18:29   Link #550
Uberchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:
Any reasons you think they compressed Volume 2 to 2 episodes but strecthed Volume 1 to 4 episodes? So far I really can't think of any reasons considering Volume 2 is one of the more important volumes with lots of critical development.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 04:54   Link #551
EroKing

Old 2013-02-14, 05:02   Link #552
Seitsuki
Onee!

My first thought was: they're green! My second thought wa

dripdriprip
Old 2013-02-14, 07:18   Link #553
sky black swordman

Not only does Masuzu have one amazing bust, but she is also not wearing panties!!
Old 2013-02-14, 09:22   Link #554
EroKing

Old 2013-02-14, 22:46   Link #555
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Masuzu
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well done rendition of nopan Masuzu, conveniently covered by a leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Ai
Ah, Ai the discipline comitee girl
The "discipline" on the right goes without saying. The "silk" on the lower left... is she wearing silk panties or somesuch? Still waters run deep
The "ore" on the upper left though (very crude, male form of "I"), that doesn't seem to fit in, as it's mostly used by delinquents and such. But who knows, perhaps she has a hidden, naughty side?
That would also explain the silk panties.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-15 at 12:11. Reason: switch to images tag
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 23:24   Link #556
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The "ore" on the upper left though (very crude, male form of "I")
She is obviously saying "ore shura" (aka the name of the show).

"On topic", more images :

Images
size

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-15 at 12:10. Reason: switch to images tag
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:01   Link #557
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Anyone know what Oonoji Miko and Kisaragi Megumi refer to?
I can guess the Ayanami Asuka, Tsukino Rei, and Daigouji Sakura, but cant find any reference to the last two names on Eita's "angel".
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 02:32   Link #558
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Not only does Masuzu have one amazing bust, but she is also not wearing panties!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Well done rendition of nopan Masuzu, conveniently covered by a leaf
I don't know about Masuzu not wearing any panties, but I did saw a glance on the OP song that she not waering any. Is this story based?

Spoiler for a bit NSFW:
Old 2013-02-16, 03:57   Link #559
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
I don't know about Masuzu not wearing any panties, but I did saw a glance on the OP song that she not waering any. Is this story based?

Spoiler for a bit NSFW:
Where have you been mate? If I remember right this was already established in episode 1.
Old 2013-02-16, 05:02   Link #560
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Where have you been mate? If I remember right this was already established in episode 1.
I guess, I miss the party then .

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen