AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 01:35   Link #6621
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I thought that they would have at least tried to sign these guys.
I was somewhat surprised Huff was cut!
It all comes down to money. These moves completely gut our defense, but they open all kinds of new possibilities not just for this year but for the years ahead. That is the reality of the rebuilding process we're going through. At least our Offense is mostly intact though, Moore and Streater will probably both be above 1,000 yards next year because of this, and Criner will get real playing time. (Though I imagine The Raiders bringing back Hagan for insurance when Ford gets injured)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:39   Link #6622
sky black swordman

Yesterday, the NFL Competition Committee proposed 6 rule changes and 3 bylaw changes.
Among the proposed 6 rule changes was the eliminate of the Brady rule, infamous 'tuck' rule. All I could think is, "Really ? Now ? After 12 years, do you guys finally realize that it was stupid rule!"

Spoiler for All six rule changes:

Spoiler for All 3 bylaw changes:
Old 2013-03-15, 06:47   Link #6623
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
3. Eliminate the tuck rule.
This should have been done decades ago.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:19   Link #6624
GDB

I'm "for" every one of those rule changes, except number 2. Per initial reading, I'm against it, but I just don't understand what it hopes to accomplish and how it will fully impact things.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:45   Link #6625
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Denver really went crazy this week so hyped for the season to start
Old 2013-03-15, 22:03   Link #6626
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Speaking of crazy in Denver, what a weird way for Mr. Dumervil to get cut.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:32   Link #6627
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well, not really new news but regarding Mike Wallace. I really don't think he should be getting paid that much, love his ability that he is a deep target, but too much money there. 65 million for 5 years, 30 million guaranteed. I like the dude's skills, but he is no Calvin Johnson nor Larry Fitzgerald.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 05:15   Link #6628
sky black swordman

^ Agreed, I see a possible restructuring of his contract in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Speaking of crazy in Denver, what a weird way for Mr. Dumervil to get cut.
I just read up on situation in Denver, IMO the blame goes on both sides for not getting the deal done. Now it's going to be difficult for the Broncos to resign him, the chances are much higher he signs with a new team. I wonder if any of the other AFC West teams will make an attempt at signing him, IMO chances are slim to none. But then you never know.

EDIT: The Broncos asked the league office today if it would honor the verbal agreement on a restructured contract the team negotiated with Dumervil. The league rejected the request. Most likely because it would have angered the other 31 teams.
Also it was recently reported via Twitter, that Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-16 at 17:06.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:15   Link #6629
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
^ Agreed, I see a possible restructuring of his contract in the future.

I just read up on situation in Denver, IMO the blame goes on both sides for not getting the deal done. Now it's going to be difficult for the Broncos to resign him, the chances are much higher he signs with a new team. I wonder if any of the other AFC West teams will make an attempt at signing him, IMO chances are slim to none. But then you never know.

EDIT: The Broncos asked the league office today if it would honor the verbal agreement on a restructured contract the team negotiated with Dumervil. The league rejected the request. Most likely because it would have angered the other 31 teams.
Also it was recently reported via Twitter, that Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation.
in others words: He's Fired!!!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:18   Link #6630
sky black swordman

^ Yep!

According to multiple sources, owners are expected to approve the proposal to get rid of the "tuck rule"(the Brady rule) this week.
From 0:19 - 0:29, this is the way that game should have ended.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-18 at 01:32.
Old 2013-03-19, 23:01   Link #6631
Yye1
Wide Right

so, its been a few days and i still havent figured out why the pats let welker go to the broncos... six million a year for 2 years is not that much

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:23   Link #6632
kyp275
Meh

as a Lions fan(yea I know, woe is me ), I lol'd at the Schwartz rule
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 18:38   Link #6633
sky black swordman

Today, the NFL owners have apporved all six proposed rule changes.
Quote:
The elimination of the "Tuck Rule" passed with an overwhelming 29-1 margin. Two teams abstained from that vote, including the New England Patriots, who famously benefited from the obscure rule during a 2001 AFC divisional playoff win over the Oakland Raiders, and the Washington Redskins.
Quote:
The Pittsburgh Steelers voted against the elimination of the rule.
I wonder why?

The general manager of the Redskins, Bruce Allen, who was a Raiders executive at the time of the famed tuck-rule playoff game in New England said later Wednesday that he and the Redskins abstained both as a tribute to Davis and because he felt the tuck rule itself was not the problem on the Brady play.
Old 2013-03-20, 19:04   Link #6634
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Ed Reed is close to signing with Houston.

Urlacher will not return to the Bears.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 11:56   Link #6635
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
so, its been a few days and i still havent figured out why the pats let welker go to the broncos... six million a year for 2 years is not that much
doesn't sound so bad for someone in their early 30's and apparently the Pats didn't have a long term contract for him, so he kicked rocks.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 10:32   Link #6636
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Ed Reed is close to signing with Houston.
Urlacher will not return to the Bears.
So sad to see him go. I still miss Sean Taylor and he didn't even play for my favorite team. It's going to be super weird not having #20 roaming the deep half next season.
Old 2013-03-22, 10:37   Link #6637
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This year's draft is so random. It is hardly predictable except the first pick which is almost everyone is saying Kansas would choose Luke Joeckel. It was said Jarvis Jones would be at the top 3 or 5 pick this year, but many draft board puts him in the after 5 and the 10s. Is Jarvis Jones medical condition something that is very risky?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 16:58   Link #6638
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Now, I hate the Pats. Brady's pretty boy face makes me go all caveman, and while he's been a fantastic QB for the Pats, I'm not particularly convinced he's a good QB under pressure, even with all the playoffs and SBs under his belt, so even with his fantastic stats and record, it's hard for me to include him in my personal list of QBs I'd like to helm my made up team if I was a GM in the NFL. But, all jokes aside, if I was to look at this issue objectively:

The Patriots are rather famous for their philosophy towards preferring to let a player go a year early, rather than a year late, with an iron-discipline with the pocket book, so it's hardly surprising, despite all the sensationalist news, that Welker was let go. Most people I know always thought Welker was leaving, and Brady making his contract cap-happy didn't change those opinions. I suspect that on just about any other team, a deal would have been made. But, again, the Patriots have their reputation.

While that philosophy has seemingly worked well, as I'd say they're one of-if not the most-stable franchises in the league over the last 10 years, I can't help but wonder if their division is skewing the verdict one should reach on that philosophy. ie: Would that philosophy have worked if they were in a division that didn't have the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills? The cynic in me says...probably not.

I think in many other divisions, you can't afford to play it safe with the pocket book, and you have to approach the game as a series of ups and downs. The Patriots, obviously, want to try to win it all while maintaining a straight line. I'm more of a believer in going all in, then playing it safe for long term stability, but I don't run the Pats. Or any NFL team.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:40   Link #6639
sky black swordman

Punt Shane Lechler signs with the Houston Texans, a 3 year contract worth 5.5 million dollars and 1 million dollar bonus.

EDIT:
Elvis Dumervil signs with the Baltimore Ravens, a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-24 at 17:50.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:03   Link #6640
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Elvis Dumervil signs with the Baltimore Ravens, a five-year deal worth up to $35 million, including $8.5 million in year one.
Absolutely love the signing. Hoping Suggs can recapture at least 80% of his '11 form next season.

I just love how it's become vogue to bash the Ravens for the lazy national media. No one wins the league in March or April. With that said, I can't wait for the draft.

Tags
american football, sports