AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 13:58   Link #21
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well the Sannin ( i think ) have definetly something to block or counter it...
and if Kakashi happens to be around...that thing wont do much good either..

Besides...i think Konoha is alot bigger then Suna...
Old 2006-12-15, 14:52   Link #22
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well the Sannin ( i think ) have definetly something to block or counter it...
and if Kakashi happens to be around...that thing wont do much good either..

Besides...i think Konoha is alot bigger then Suna...
They can only counter it if they know it is coming in the first place. Gaara had the fortune of Deidara needing to take him alive. If Deidara on the other hand simply decided to blow Sand to hell in the middle of the night; good luck even knowing he is there hundreds of miles in the sky plummenting down to destroy you in a matter of seconds much less having the time to prepare the counter.

Deidara is severely underrated simply because of stacking odds and plot holes against him. He is easily the best Atatsuki member shown so far in the series; based on what he has accomplished. Granted we all know guys like Itachi is stronger; but what has he done?
Old 2006-12-15, 17:06   Link #23
Yogi

Konoha has kicked the crap out of two hidden villages at once, the Sand and the Sound, and has produced some of the strongest ninja in existence, including Sarutobi, who is regarded as the greatest ninja EVER. Attacking Konoha is going to be very costly in terms of manpower and resources. Even if a country manages to win, the attacker will be in a weakened state and others might take the time to come in and crush the weakened country. An alliance between two or more villages might work, but Konoha had two villages launch a sneak attack in the middle of their village, and they managed to repel the invaders. The sand still hasn't recovered fully and we haven't seen anyone from the Sound besides Kabuto, Orochimaru, and Sasuke.

In order for an attack on Konoha to be feasible, the attack must involve more than two hidden villages, and they must be able to win with enough of their military intact to survive a counterattack from the Sand, and still be strong enough to take contracts and defend themselves from opportunistic vultures after that. In other words, it makes the invasion of Iraq look like a brilliant idea in comparison.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 17:51   Link #24
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I think that even after the invasion that Konoha is STILL the most powerfull village.
Just after the invasion, no. Konoha was so weakened that it had lost the power of a major village.
Posttime skip it seems they restored their power back.

To be fair, Konoha has only won over a small forces from the Sand and unknown amount from the Sound in a sneaky attack (which was expected) and which failed mainly because of Gaara's instability.
Also the Sand did fully recover, in fact thanks to their new alliance with Konoha their power increased to their original strength from before they started to weaken.

But overall I agree, attacking and destroying Konoha + the Sand and still have the manpower to look powerful enough in order not to be attacked by the other villages seems almost impossible.
Success of not the destruction of a single of one of the 5 Great villages would most probably leads to another Ninja World War as Orochimaru planned anyway.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 18:33   Link #25
cheese4u
da big boss

To say that Konoha is weak is ridiculous. Because we've only seen two of the five shinobi villages in action. The only one we've seen so far other than the Leaf is the Sand village. And guess what, they had to enlist the help of another village, and they still got owned. And you saw how ridiculously weak Gaara's father, the supposed kazekage was. And I'm not saying this for a fact so don't take it as a fact, but I'm not so sure about the strength of the Mizukage if Zabuza was going to fight him by himself (with a little help from Haku of course). And aside from that Konoha has produced the most excellent shinobi who ever lived.

The fourth hokage
Itachi
Oro
White Fang
Jiraiya
Tsunade

These were all names of those who were feared not only in their own village. But in other villages as well.
The only village that may give them trouble is the Cloud. Because Konoha was prepared to give up the leader of the Hyuuga clan to avoid war with them. Or maybe they just didn't want war in general. Who knows? Point is, so far, Konoha is the best.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:07   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
-And you saw how ridiculously weak Gaara's father, the supposed kazekage was.
-And I'm not saying this for a fact so don't take it as a fact, but I'm not so sure about the strength of the Mizukage if Zabuza was going to fight him by himself (with a little help from Haku of course). And aside from that Konoha has produced the most excellent shinobi who ever lived.
-No we didn't see anything about his strength. We only saw his corpse.
-Zabuza didn't try this alone, he and his men organized a coup d'etat against the Mist. He failed and barely escaped with the last of his men.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:15   Link #27
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
-No we didn't see anything about his strength. We only saw his corpse.
-Zabuza didn't try this alone, he and his men organized a coup d'etat against the Mist. He failed and barely escaped with the last of his men.
-True but you have to give him some credit. After all he fought Orochimaru, a guy that has so far proven to be a kage-level ninja or beyond. Besides Orochimaru went through a lot of trouble to impersonate the Yondaime Kazekage.

-Also true, and Zabuza was willing to risk it all again in the future once he obtained more funds. Talk about not learning one's lesson.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:28   Link #28
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

-That's pretty much my point. cheese4u said that he saw how he was ridiculously weak, I point that we didn't see anything of the sort since we didn't see anything to begin with.
Old 2006-12-15, 22:27   Link #29
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-True but you have to give him some credit. After all he fought Orochimaru, a guy that has so far proven to be a kage-level ninja or beyond. Besides Orochimaru went through a lot of trouble to impersonate the Yondaime Kazekage.
The thing about that is we don't know how the battle went.

Since no one seemed to notice the switch, it can be assumed that Orochimaru managed to take him out relatively quickly and silently (a long, drawn-out battle would have been loud and/or caused a lot of property damage, both of which would arouse suspicion).

The vibe I got was that the switch was...effortless.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:32   Link #30
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
-That's pretty much my point. cheese4u said that he saw how he was ridiculously weak, I point that we didn't see anything of the sort since we didn't see anything to begin with.
We know the Kazekage was strong enough to make Sandaime wish for peace talk instead of a fight.
Bijuu Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 14:42   Link #31
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I still don't see anyone just obliterating konoha at will. There are still the ANBU who believe it or not must be doing a decent job (despite a few gross failures). After all, if it was simply a matter of doing something major at night, then oro was pretty stupid for planning an invasion the way he did. It'd be easier to just sneak in, kidnap sasuke, and then later destroy the village with some massive jutsu. But maybe its not that easy, either for Oro or for anyone else.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 14:53   Link #32
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuu Killer View Post
We know the Kazekage was strong enough to make Sandaime wish for peace talk instead of a fight.
He wanted to avoid war with everyone, not just the sand.
This thread was ridiculous from the beginning... not just Konoha misses top shinobi... other countries too.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 14:56   Link #33
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
He wanted to avoid war with everyone, not just the sand.
In theory, yes, but this was during an attack. If it was that easy to kill the Kazekage, the Sandaime wouldn't suggest talks with a traitor.
Old 2006-12-16, 15:00   Link #34
ri0

Quote:
In theory, yes, but this was during an attack. If it was that easy to kill the Kazekage, the Sandaime wouldn't suggest talks with a traitor.
Sandaime isn't a killer... it's was a normal reaction in my eyes. Of course the Kazekage isn't weak and Sandaime wanted to avoid a fight at any costs...
Old 2006-12-16, 15:03   Link #35
Bijuu Killer
Infraction

Quote:
Sandaime isn't a killer... it's was a normal reaction in my eyes. Of course the Kazekage isn't weak and Sandaime wanted to avoid a fight at any costs...
The god of shinobi isn't a killer? How did he get to the top? Playing with barbie?
Old 2006-12-16, 15:05   Link #36
ri0

Quote:
The god of shinobi isn't a killer? How did he get to the top? Playing with barbie?
I meant a killer like Orochimaru or Zabuza... of course he killed people. I think the majority of the ninjas have killed at least one person^^
Old 2006-12-16, 15:17   Link #37
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Quote:
I think you mean he doesn't like to kill people
DestinyFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 15:19   Link #38
ri0

Yep, that's what I meant.