AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 25.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 45.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 19.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-01, 23:06   Link #121
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Spoiler:
Look at my signature, man. What do you think?

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-02, 03:21   Link #122
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I wasn't aware that Kitagawa's cavalry charge into the conference room wasn't "canon" but I liked it. It was nice to see him rise above the level of comic relief, whether it was in the game or not.

The sense was definitely growing in me that Ayu was going to be a constant - if minor - player through everyone else's arc, but that it was a slow build to her own starring role in the finale. Thus, I'm pleased to see that sense among the more knowledgeable posters. Ayu is definitely all that and a bag of chips, but I have to confess Mai is really growing on me...
Old 2007-01-02, 04:34   Link #123
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Somehow i doubt that Ayu will play a role in Shiori's arc... can't think of anything that would connect the two. Especialy since it seems that Shiori is the only "new" girl of the main 5. But then again, i could be wrong.
Old 2007-01-02, 07:42   Link #124
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Agreed with all of the assessments. Yuuichi's nature is almost a brotherly type
caring. But it is a little premature for him to get to a romantic style stage just
yet - it still feels a bit early in the series. Also, we have no idea what twists and
turns the producers of the 2006 series are going to introduce - although things
may seem set in stone we honestly don't have a clue how they're going to have
the next 13 episodes go. They have plenty of time to surprise us - heck, the last
two episodes surprised me in two or three ways so...
Old 2007-01-02, 07:57   Link #125
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Somehow i doubt that Ayu will play a role in Shiori's arc... can't think of anything that would connect the two. Especialy since it seems that Shiori is the only "new" girl of the main 5. But then again, i could be wrong.
Well, if you want to know, without spoiling anything, let's just say Ayu actually interacts a lot with Shiori late on if you play through Shiori's pathway in the game. After all, it was thanks to Ayu smashing her face into the tree that Yuuichi gets to meet Shiori.
Old 2007-01-02, 11:52   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wasn't aware that Kitagawa's cavalry charge into the conference room wasn't "canon" but I liked it. It was nice to see him rise above the level of comic relief, whether it was in the game or not.

The sense was definitely growing in me that Ayu was going to be a constant - if minor - player through everyone else's arc, but that it was a slow build to her own starring role in the finale. Thus, I'm pleased to see that sense among the more knowledgeable posters. Ayu is definitely all that and a bag of chips, but I have to confess Mai is really growing on me...
I'm *really* liking the minor tweaks that increase the interactions between the various characters. It improves the adaptation immensely because otherwise it seems like Yuuichi is the only one who can create action (a big failing of visual novels, imo). Having characters interact whether Yuuichi is around or not .. or having characters participate in the events rather than react to them is just a big win for me in terms of anime story adaptation.

I'm a big Mai fan but... as a character in herself, not as a racehorse (the "racehorse" syndrome of fanboiz just annoys the hell out of me, "screw the story I want my girl to win" argh). If I had to pick one scene so far that shows where Yuuichi and Ayu are in their bonds, it would be the "tai chi" fork and knife dance at dinner right after she moved in. Great moment...
Old 2007-01-02, 12:35   Link #127
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Look at my signature, man. What do you think?

Cheers.
Hehe, that's what I thought. I'm not sure from your posts if you're a new viewer or not. I won't spoil anything if you're a new viewer. Instead in about 4 or 5 episodes I'll quote you and we'll both have a laugh
Old 2007-01-02, 13:15   Link #128
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Hehe, that's what I thought. I'm not sure from your posts if you're a new viewer or not. I won't spoil anything if you're a new viewer. Instead in about 4 or 5 episodes I'll quote you and we'll both have a laugh
I'm not a newcomer to Kanon, but that doesn't mean I can't make out of context jokes.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-02, 13:33   Link #129
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Thinking back on this episode again, I came to realise that while questioning the believability of fire-extinguisher throwing, we failed to realise something else.

Mai is INSANE to hurl such things at Yuuichi. I have been hit by a junior before when he got over-enthusiastic and hurled my schoolbag at my head. I bled like there was no tomorrow, and I can only begin to imagine what being hit by a fire-extinguisher must be like.

So in short, Mai is batshit loco to do such a thing. Gawd... that's hot. Can we have her hurling vehicles at Yuuichi next? I like my psycho-moe.

Additionally, this lends credence to my ( not so?) silly theory that Yuuichi has a fetish for S&M. Come on, think about it. Mai attempts to smash his face with hard objects, and on the same night, Yuuichi is screeching at her on how much he loves being with her.

Yeah man, he loves being with girls that hurt him.

Shiori attempted to drug him, and scored a date.

Ayu failed to hurt him recently, so he punished her by dragging her to the school at night to scare her. That will teach her to be nice to him!

Nayuki? Who's Nayuki?

So yeah. When it finally comes to Shiori's arc, I won't bat an eyelid if we end up seeing her stabbing Yuuichi with boxcutters and Yuuichi will be like moaning, "Oh Shiori! Stab me! Stab me some more! Oh~ Oh!"

The guy probably gets orgasms from pain or something.

Cheers.
Thanks for this stuff. I haven't laughed so much in ages...
Old 2007-01-02, 21:03   Link #130
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Finally got to see ep 13...

About Mai (experienced eyes only, eh?):
Spoiler:
I watched several of the episodes (11-13) after taking a break to recover .. Watching the episodes all at once probably the reason why I did pick up something that indicated Mai is as acute as ever.

Spoiler for Vexx's eyes only:

A fairly new look of Naiyuki in episode 13 that I want to see more of in the future:

Old 2007-01-02, 21:51   Link #131
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

While the serious Nayuki from last episode is still my favorite one...

worried Nayuki from this episode is also a nice change from her cheery or sleepy self. Though with all the girls and trouble Yuuichi causes, I'm pretty sure worried Nayuki would come sooner rather than later again. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-01-03, 07:32   Link #132
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Sigh....FINALLY I finish my DL of Episode 13. Either the Taiwan quake really screwed my connection up (since YouTube hasn't been very cooperative with me lately either), or there's something about the subs that's not sitting well with my comp. >_<

Anyway, finally, here are my thoughts:

1) Finally, Kitagawa justifies his existence! Certainly is a step up from his Toei, and even his original, days.

But yeah, somehow it took away from Yuuichi's GAR potential. Like someone said earlier, I had hoped Yuuichi would give Kuze hell, instead of passing it off as an "attraction". How lame.

Ah well, a tradeoff, I guess. Good thing KyoAni's still looking out for the minor characters, even though I still wished they had used Amano as Shiori's classmate instead of making up some nameless girl back in Episode 12. It's not as if they couldn't do that...

2) Shiori's scene is very well-done. They're actually managing to advance the Shiori arc steathily while the Mai arc is heavily under way. Now that is interleaving for you.

3) Someone said earlier that he didn't like the fact Mai and Sayuri popped up in the background while the focus was on Kaori, around 07:43 to 07:51. Personally, I think it's a stroke of unappreciated genius; KyoAni is giving us a subtle hint about their interleaving technique.

4) Mai Evil Eye FTW!!!

5) I'm not sure where it is that the animation quality gets weird, but personally I feel Yuuichi's face when he's bragging about himself to Mai, around 09:36 to 09:42, looks a little weird. It's kind of the face he had when he was about to drop that konnyaku down Makoto's back back in Episode 5 (I think), and somehow he was channeling Kyon more than usual. >_<

6) On another note, I never thought I would be so satisfied to see Yuuichi get pWn3d. Twice. By Mai.

7) The fight scenes here were awesome. Looks similar to Yuki's battle against Asakura though....well, it's KyoAni. What can I reasonably expect?

8) Nayuki: "Change..."
Yuuichi: "Go change in your own room."

D'oh! He should have not said anything and just enjoyed the show!!! Baka!

9) Seriously though, I love Nayuki-sama, but her comically sleepy phases have got to start getting phased out (pardon the bad pun). It's like, "alright, I get the joke, now start giving me the angst that makes up the other half of the greatness that is Minase Nayuki."

10) The preview for the next episode hardly makes any sense, at least up until Sayuri appears. >_<

Okay, now for more seriousness. Personally, I'm not that great at telling the difference between animation quality unless the disparity is great, so once again, I think I may have missed the points where it drops in this episode. Moreover, I'm thinking Episode 13 suffers from what I call "backlash"; what happens to an episode when it comes right after a particularly excellent episode. Maybe it may truly be that the KyoAni animators are preserving the budget after the bomb they must have spent on the Ball scene, but it may be also that Episode 12 was too good, that 13 suffers in comparison, at least to viewers. Therefore, I'd not be claiming any scalps here, at least in this department.

The plot though, that's where there's some issues to be considered. Actually, there was only one I felt that was out of place; Nayuki's share of the episode time. I don't know about you guys, but I feel that this time it was wasted on her; Shiori made much better use of her time, where advancing her own part of the storyline was concerned. As for Nayuki, she was sleeping...again.

For the love of God, give us just a bit more Nayuki-angst, please. I'm not asking for everything, just a bit more than what you're giving us now, KyoAni. The interleaving is going pretty well so far, but what I hate seeing so far is KyoAni wasting time. 26 episodes may seem a lot, but the fact is, it really isn't a lot of time to be playing around.

In short...I just wish KyoAni would start making better use of their time.
Old 2007-01-03, 08:44   Link #133
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Ah well, a tradeoff, I guess. Good thing KyoAni's still looking out for the minor characters, even though I still wished they had used Amano as Shiori's classmate instead of making up some nameless girl back in Episode 12. It's not as if they couldn't do that...
On the contrary, with Mishio now knowing Yuuichi quite well she would be the perfect character to pose that question (as other kouhais might be too shy to bother this new transfer student with such an issue). What an opportunity the 2k6 makers missed here...

Quote:
8) Nayuki: "Change..."
Yuuichi: "Go change in your own room."
D'oh! He should have not said anything and just enjoyed the show!!! Baka!
Well, that scene was necessary to show two things:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Personally, I'm not that great at telling the difference between animation quality unless the disparity is great, so once again, I think I may have missed the points where it drops in this episode.
Same here - which is part of the reason why I am so forgiving with the Kanon 2k2 version.

Quote:
As for Nayuki, she was sleeping...again.
Wasn't she actually sleeping more than before? (Like on the way to school where she used to be a top athlete before.) Which is a message in itself. (And yes, I'm missing the Nayuki from Kanon 2k2 as well...)
Old 2007-01-03, 10:11   Link #134
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

A fairly new look of Naiyuki in episode 13 that I want to see more of in the future:

She's not happy about something... Yuuchi must have done something to her, something worse than his usual abuse...
Old 2007-01-03, 10:29   Link #135
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Doll View Post
Well, that scene was necessary to show two things:
Spoiler:

You do realize I wasn't being totally serious when I said that, did you?
Old 2007-01-03, 10:42   Link #136
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well we should know by now how emotionally thick yuuichi is when it comes to relationships ~ or another way to put it is that he is a very innocent guy to the point where its kinda unrealistic as he doesnt seem to express any emotional "feelings" with all these beautiful girls around him ~ but i guess that makes him likeable as a man :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-03, 10:53   Link #137
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well we should know by now how emotionally thick yuuichi is when it comes to relationships ~ or another way to put it is that he is a very innocent guy to the point where its kinda unrealistic as he doesnt seem to express any emotional "feelings" with all these beautiful girls around him ~ but i guess that makes him likeable as a man :3
For some reason, what you said made me think of this scene in the AIR in Summer 2 episode:

Spoiler:

EDIT: And is it just me, or has DanielSong39 not appeared ever since I pWn3d him in last episode's thread?
Old 2007-01-03, 12:11   Link #138
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Props to Kitagawa for having Mai's back since obv president-san wasnt about to believe Yuuichi. The first thing I thought when Mai, Yuuichi and Sayuri all meet was "wow Mai actually started the conversation!"

Ive never played the game or scene Kanon 02 so its really bothering me why Shiori is outside waiting for Yuuichi everyday and with the talk of Kaori being her sister I want to know! but Ill wait

Last scene was awesome and nice pairing to F/SN
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-03, 21:07   Link #139
DanielSong39

Quote:
EDIT: And is it just me, or has DanielSong39 not appeared ever since I pWn3d him in last episode's thread?
Hi, just letting you know I'm still here.
Old 2007-01-04, 04:00   Link #140
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
For some reason, what you said made me think of this scene in the AIR in Summer 2 episode:

Spoiler:

Yuuichi is used to the company of cute girls ever since he was knew Ayu. So he must have developed an immunity that normal guys would suffer from.

BTW, the person you claim to have "pwned" has already given a "relatively high score" of 5 for this episode before your post before re-emerging today. Though I have no idea what his post says, thanks to the wonderful invention of this board known as the "Ignore List".
Closed Thread