AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-09, 10:08   Link #141
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You have no idea how hard it is for people not to act like crazy idiots when camera's are being pointed at them.
Thruth in television, the guys version of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things aka Dumb Guys Doing Dumb Things.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:26   Link #142
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Spoiler:

Moe pimps don't even..how do you even lol.
Eh...come again?

Just to clarify, i meant that it will take some real fan-services to catch my interest to follow this sort of interview format. If this is how this series gonna play out
Old 2011-07-09, 10:36   Link #143
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The moe is the fanservice. :P

edit: And I already stated last page how the show will go. This ep was most likely dedicated to just showing off all the characters.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:38   Link #144
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Miki and Azusa aren't enough?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 10:49   Link #145
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Look what i found on the official anime website.

Interviews with Haruka and Miki's voice actresses.

Old 2011-07-09, 12:18   Link #146
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So is this going to be a 13, or 26 episode series?
Old 2011-07-09, 12:34   Link #147
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
24 episodes IIRC.
Old 2011-07-09, 13:13   Link #148
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Wasn't it 25?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I don't know. I think it'd be worth to wait around for it. I get the feeling it's gonna have more individual character focused episodes.

Though anyone having trouble keeping characters straight might appreciate this.

Spoiler for character reference chart:
Hibiki ... 88!? oh I call BS on that, no way she is bigger than Ritsuko!

And Takane got the better hips after all And Astronomy + History? Sorry Yayoi, Azusa, I know which team I'm on now ...
Old 2011-07-09, 13:27   Link #149
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Yes, History and Astronomy, that's two interests I have in common with Takane.
Old 2011-07-09, 13:33   Link #150
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Another comrade has joined the ranks!

Somethings about the list surprise me though. The twins are apparently bustier than the tomboy for one.
Old 2011-07-09, 14:05   Link #151
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

The tomboy didn't seem all that buxom in the ending. (and the Twins apparently fall under huge school girl categorization, since they grow like weeds just before Idol Master 2)
Old 2011-07-09, 14:56   Link #152
Ishe

I think the only reason I was able to stay awake through this episode was through trying to think of ways they could have possibly made it more boring. Unfortunately, I didn't come up with much. I found myself tapping my fingers on my keyboard wondering how much longer it was going to take before it ended. I'll probably give it another ep. Hopefully, it changes direction, as the ending indicated it might. If the second ep starts out like the first, it will be the first series I drop this season, since I tend to give a series at least three eps.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 18:43   Link #153
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I actually liekd Xenoglossia, mainly because I could disocciate that from IM@S itself (i.e. as a standalone, it ain't too bad)--but not most IM@S fans.

My complaint is that the guys who hated Xenoglossia before now hate IM@S because it isn't Xenoglossia. Don't these people ever NOT complain about something new? It's almost like the Gundam fans who hate Age and prefer 00 (who happened to hate 00 when they were Seed fans)...I'm beginning to think that most Anime fans are just one huge whiner's club...
Are we seeing the makings of an iDOLM@STER cycle? I know Chris Guanche from MAHQ coined the Gundam Cycle which he described as:

- News about new Gundam series breaks, people complain about how it's either too much of the same thing or not like Gundam.
- Series airs, people complain about how it's too much of the same thing or not like Gundam
- Series ends, people bitch about how it's too much of the same thing or not like Gundam and the series that preceded it becomes an instant classic.
- A few years pass and the cycle starts anew when news about the new Gundam series break and people complain about how it's either too much of the same thing or not like Gundam.

I'm sure it can apply to many long standing franchises, but Gundam is definitely the most obvious example in anime fandom. I too have seen a bit of outright dismissal of Xenoglossia because of how it takes an alternate universe approach to the iDOLM@STER characters and I've also seen a little bit of outright dismissal of this one for not having stuff like robots and not being much like Xenoglossia which is the anime series that preceded it.

Personally I think it's better to compare the two on their own actual merits and short comings instead of being outright dismissive of one or just do what Midonin is doing and noting the differences since there are a lot. I can understand how not a lot of people are capable of doing this though depending on where their first impression came from.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 19:09   Link #154
Westlo
Lets be reality

I doubt it's a new Gundam Cycle because...

My complaint is that the guys who hated Xenoglossia before now hate IM@S because it isn't Xenoglossia.

That is clearly not the case. And the only people who would fit that category are people who thought Xenoglossia was a crap mecha show and are now looking @ IM@S thinking this is crap and at least the last one while crap, had mechas. The people who hated Xenoglossia for being what it was are the IM@S fanbase who obviously don't hate this show.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 20:22   Link #155
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Just to put things in perspective. How would UC Gundam fans feel if the next series gets turned into a highschool romcom where the only common thing with the original UC Gundam is the names and the faces of the characters? Feeling angry? Now turn around and you may see how IM@S fans felt about Xenoglossia. This is why, while I think it would be cool, I dread a Touhou anime.
Old 2011-07-09, 20:37   Link #156
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Feeling angry?
Unfortunately, anger is the internet's default reaction to just about anything.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 20:51   Link #157
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

As someone who hasn't seen Xenoglossia, I can't speak for the quality of the show or how it compares to this one (or the idolm@ster franchise in general, since this is my first exposer) I can understand why many would've been dismissive of it. When something goes against your expectations completely, you end getting an extreme reaction to it. The more your attached to the source, the more you want the adaption being faithful to it.

Going by the Gundam analogy, G Gundam. The show being the very first AU series in the franchise, it couldn't have been more different than the UC series. The concept was so detached from what many Gundam fans had grown with, that many simply dismissed it as being a joke even before it came about. But once it got into gear, the show managed to prove against all negativity that it was as much a Gundam show as any of the UC ones (thanks mainly to Imagawa). So while I can understand why many don't like Xenoglossia, change in itself isn't inherently bad, since when done right it can open the door for your favorite game/show/manga/novel to explore other areas it couldn't have done initially. Broadening anythings horizon insures it manages to survive longer and appeal to more people.

Then again, it's hard to be level headed on the web for some reason for some ...
Old 2011-07-09, 21:11   Link #158
Westlo
Lets be reality

The thing is that G Gundam (as well as Turn) while different ended up being pretty damn good, from what I saw Xenoglossia was just mediocre. And the reaction to Xenoglossia seems to be the same across the board, and this is not counting IM@S fans.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 22:11   Link #159
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The thing is that G Gundam (as well as Turn) while different ended up being pretty damn good, from what I saw Xenoglossia was just mediocre. And the reaction to Xenoglossia seems to be the same across the board, and this is not counting IM@S fans.
G Gundam actually shares a lot of themes with UC Gundams - namely the Earthnoids/Spacenoids divide, environmental issues, radical actions (you can draw a straight parallel between Master Asia and Char from CCA for example), bonding and communications beyond words (communicate via the fist/Newtype bonding). It's wacky on the outside, but the "soul" of the show is VERY much Gundam. Only the hardcore military school of UC fans can't see the similarities. And Turn A again shares this Gundam "soul", in which it puts its focus squarely on how war affects the life of normal people, the role of females in warfare, which again had been key elements of Gundam. (well it is the father of Gundam Tomino afterall, if he doesn't write a "Gundam" show nobody else can).

Xenoglossia has nothing IM@S about it except the character designs, and yes it was medicore. Because this is the case fans felt that they shouldn't have "borrowed" the characters and names.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 04:06   Link #160
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That is clearly not the case.
- Well clearly, your Anime fans are more sane the ones I bump into IRL. I swear I must be a magnet for the clinically insane when it comes to meeting other Anime fans in the flesh...

About the only two guys I know who have a valid reason to complain about Xenoglossia ARE longtime IM@S fans---and they're absolutely loving this show. Practically everyone else I've met (eg. Those complaining it's NOT Xenoglossia) is a "Jump on the Bandwagon" fan of some sort or other. You know, people who watch IM@S or some other series and complain about it because they think they sound cool or refined when they bash a series.

I mean, just look how many bloody complainers we've already got in this thread alone telling us how badly the new IM@S TV series sucks.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-07-10 at 04:21.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s