AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 21:53   Link #61
GDB

No way they'd get in over Lyn.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 21:56   Link #62
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Good, because Lyndis was my favourite lord in Fire Emblem. Archery + Acrobatic Sword Strikes = Ultimate Death.

Then again, she needs to be a playable character rather than an assist trophy.
Old 2011-06-30, 01:09   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Is she the assist trophy in SSBB? the samurai chick that does a quick slash then dissapears?
Old 2011-06-30, 01:11   Link #64
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Yup, that's her. She's not THAT strong in Fire Emblem (GBA), but she's quick. I recommend that game to every turn-based RPG fan.
Old 2011-06-30, 01:27   Link #65
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Kinda been thinking more on this game...

I'd like Simon Belmont (Castlevania) to be an assist trophy, maybe the P-Wing (Super Mario 3) as an item to give a player infinite jumps for a set amount of time~
Old 2011-06-30, 09:10   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Too bad she was a mediocre lord.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 18:00   Link #67
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Too bad she was a mediocre lord.
Mediocre lord still trumps random soldier.
Old 2011-06-30, 18:07   Link #68
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Mediocre lord still trumps random soldier.
A bit confused, you mean random soldier as the throw away soldier enemies or random soldiers as non-lord characters?

Now if you meant that she's better than Mia and Nephenee than you need to take a step back and realize that they both beat her in both stats and fandom.
Old 2011-06-30, 18:29   Link #69
GDB

I'm talking in terms of status, both in FE and SSB. She obviously trumps them in SSB since she at least got an assist trophy and they didn't. And she's a lord, they aren't, so status-wise in FE she trumps them as well.
Old 2011-06-30, 18:32   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well yeah, but that doesn't matter. Ike, Marth and Roy are the only FE lords that people don't end up saying "who?".
Old 2011-06-30, 18:39   Link #71
GDB

Only because of Super Smash Bros (though Ike may be an exception, since Marth and Roy caused people to take some level of interest in FE in the west and thus probably at least tried FE9). Throw any other Fire Emblem character in SSB and they'd become recognized too.

Also, I think a lot of FE fans would recognize Sigurd, or even possibly Leaf. Though I'm honestly not sure if Nintendo will bother putting any new FE characters in now that I think about it. After all, even Japan hasn't put out a truly new Fire Emblem since... 2007? February, 2007? Only real chance is if a new one comes out before SSB(U), most likely.
Old 2011-06-30, 19:13   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

FE9 is pretty much what drew in the biggest attention of the west towards FE, before than it was a super niche market.

Marth has become a staple SB character, Ike probably will as well. It's sad that the chances of another FE character to show up is zero to none. But at least there's trophy assists...
Old 2011-10-17, 00:47   Link #73
Kudryavka

I like SSB Clash too, since it kinda refers to the (possible) connectivity between Wii U and 3DS. Also, SSB Tag Team, or SSB H2H (Head to Head).

I'd love for Ninten (Ken) from Mother to appear in the game, but I doubt I'll get that wish...

That idea for Phoenix Wright to appear as a screen blocking assist trophy is amazing, even more so if they keep the huge court sprites and display them on the screen. The "clients" could be random players, like a case on whether or not Player 2 killed someone or something.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 01:07   Link #74
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If you want Phoenix Wright in a fighting game then buy Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 when it releases. He's actually gonna be a playable character in that one. His chance at an appearance in this game is probably non-existent because of that now.

When it comes to third-party characters, all I'm really hoping right now is that Snake and Sonic return, considering it'd be weird to have them present in Brawl and no sequel afterwards. I'm not too worried about that though, I figure if it already happened once it'll be MORE likely to happen the second time.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:12   Link #75
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I would really like Krystal as playable character. :3
Old 2011-10-26, 23:25   Link #76
Sanaki
Filled with Kindness

For the new smash game I'd like to see
Link to not be as terrible as he was in brawl. He was nerfed hard in brawl from Melee so I'd be nice if they fixed that.
Toon Link can stay, he's WAY better than Link anyways.
Ike and Lucas are my favourites but let's face it, they'll probably get kicked off of brawl. Especially Lucas, he sucks badly and was only in the game to please us Mother 3 fans.
Old 2011-10-26, 23:30   Link #77
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
FE9 is pretty much what drew in the biggest attention of the west towards FE, before than it was a super niche market.

Marth has become a staple SB character, Ike probably will as well. It's sad that the chances of another FE character to show up is zero to none. But at least there's trophy assists...
No, it's always Marth + the star of the newest FE. During Melee, Roy was the Lord for FE6. During Brawl, the newest FE was FE9 and FE10. Ike was the main character in FE9 and he stole Micaiah's spotlight in FE10. Unless we get another mainline FE game, Ike will probably return because he is still the most recent hero.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 01:18   Link #78
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Krystal!

Mr. Game & Watch must also be back.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:32   Link #79
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Big news folks, apparently Nintendo has recently announced that they have entrusted the development of the new Smash Bros. title for Wii U/3DS to a third-party company. Which one you ask? Why it's Namco Bandai.~

This is the first Smash Bros. title that Masahiro Sakurai (Of Kirby series and Kid Icarus: Uprising fame) will not be the director of, although he will still be supervising the development. Instead, taking the helm this time around will be the entirety of Namco Bandai's best staff, including Yoshito Higuchi the producer and chief director of the Tales series.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/21...-namco-bandai/

---

Namco has done joint projects with Nintendo in the past so I'm not too worried about this. Still, I wasn't expecting something like this to happen at all.

Also because of this, it's likely there's going to be at least one playable Namco Bandai character among the roster.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-06-22 at 00:16.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:42   Link #80
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I wonder if Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia will be in it. Maybe some Soul Calibur characters, too.

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds