AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-14, 10:04   Link #3361
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Is Gon melting Palm's heart with his innocent shota charm, or does he know exactly what he's doing? Hmm... He did everything but head-bob, giggle and kiss her on the cheek.
LOL, yeah, Gon was a gotdamn PIMP here ! Then he further tickled her heart by complementing her cooking and asking about it. He probably knew what he was doing, and can probably do that with anybody. Remember when he questioned Kuroro when they first met? Not exactly the same thing, but when Gon's faced with that sort of thing, he just goes into GAR/pimp mode. One of his innate abilities .

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 10:15   Link #3362
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Gon and Palm's interactions are great. Lol on how Bisky was reacting to Palm. Luckily Shoot is a coward. Finally Gon learns that his move has weaknesses, though was surprised to see Killua in shock. Would think he would already know Gon's move had weaknesses. So Kite has been revived into a puppet. Though don't know if it was Pouf or Pitou's nen. Youpi certainly looks really strong. Liked Knov siding with Gon and Killua. So the Chairman is getting back into form, wonder who he'll sacrifice.
Old 2013-07-14, 10:51   Link #3363
Salva
Princess since baptism.

I REALLY wonder what they will do with Kaito. I somehow regret this "bringing him back". It's irrelevant whether he's going to be a puppet (which I highly suspect he would be, and I dare to guess he would be used on Gon) or not. The scene with Pitou and his head on her lap was very strong, good and it just left the Impression. I liked that.

I was glad we will see how Knuckle explain some of the weaknesses to Gon. Now we truly have some improvement. I'm also not really surprised that Killua was shocked. I guess he would told Gon if he noticed something off about his technique. I'm disappointed no one actually mentioned these weaknesses earlier, they're rather obvious...

I loved interaction with Palm, and I also wonder whether he did it consciously or not He does have inner charm, I'm curious when he will effectively start using it. For now it seems it surfaces at random moments.

But I have to say I'm disappointed in Killua. What happened with all his badass techniques from Zoldyck family? They now deal with really dangerous people and it might be he's a mere pup not really knowing anything but I hoped we would see more of his special skills.
Old 2013-07-14, 11:14   Link #3364
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The man targeting Gon and Killua is called Shoot McMahon...

He, too, is one of Morel's students...

He is also a coward...

I loled so hard at that. SRSBSNS narrator delivering a line like that was just perfect.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 11:21   Link #3365
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
I was glad we will see how Knuckle explain some of the weaknesses to Gon. Now we truly have some improvement. I'm also not really surprised that Killua was shocked. I guess he would told Gon if he noticed something off about his technique. I'm disappointed no one actually mentioned these weaknesses earlier, they're rather obvious...

But I have to say I'm disappointed in Killua. What happened with all his badass techniques from Zoldyck family? They now deal with really dangerous people and it might be he's a mere pup not really knowing anything but I hoped we would see more of his special skills.
Biske and Killua mentioned it way back when Gon first started that move. Killua asked Biske whether it was smart to use such a move(because Gon broadcasts it), but Biske just seemed to let it slide. I think Killua was surprised because he only noticed one weakness, not two.

I really don't think the Zoldyck family really has that many moves in their arsenal in terms of non-Nen-associated assassin skills, which is why we don't see much of them. Most of their techniques probably revolves around their own Nen(or in Millumi's case, skills). Even during the battle with Kuroro, Zeno and Silva don't even bother being 'assassin-like'; they directly confront him. Aside from that, we've already seen his shadow doppelganger, hand transformation, and (new)snake arm techniques, but when it comes down to a stronger foe, it's going to be his Nen that becomes the heavyweight in a battle.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 12:43   Link #3366
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Quote:
Biske and Killua mentioned it way back when Gon first started that move. Killua asked Biske whether it was smart to use such a move(because Gon broadcasts it), but Biske just seemed to let it slide. I think Killua was surprised because he only noticed one weakness, not two.
Yes, I'm talking about actually mentioning it to Gon.

Hmm, maybe you're right on the Zoldyck part. I haven't thought about that, I just remembered the dad and grandpa just kicked some asses. I can't help it, I liked the whole secret-assasin-techniques-thingy.
Old 2013-07-14, 12:51   Link #3367
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva View Post
Yes, I'm talking about actually mentioning it to Gon.
It might have been cut in the G.I part of the anime:
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 11:52   Link #3368
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Spoiler for How much time left again?:
Spoiler for Because it ends up being a manga comparison.:

Also, I'd like to point out that Knuckle doesn't know the true form of Gon's ability yet.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-07-16 at 12:45.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 12:24   Link #3369
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who notices the blatant difference here?
You mean the lack of bones? Well, IIRC the ants have a butcher who makes meatballs for the queen, so it doesn't make sense to have so many bones (specially skulls) lying around in the queen's quarters.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:43   Link #3370
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler for continuing the manga comparison:
Old 2013-07-16, 12:58   Link #3371
Kazu-kun

It's just the color. Probably just an animation "typo". Easy to amend when the time comes.
Old 2013-07-16, 15:09   Link #3372
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Spoiler for Because it ends up being a manga comparison.:

Spoiler for manga comparison:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 15:13   Link #3373
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I guess we all noticed different differences then.
Old 2013-07-21, 05:05   Link #3374
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Listen, up Killua. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Gon who believes in you!"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 07:35   Link #3375
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Gon&Killua are so lucky to encounter a coward & a softy , well i'm even more surprised since they are Morel's disciples.
Anyway , Bisky true form is so much win
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 08:53   Link #3376
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"Listen, up Killua. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Gon who believes in you!"
This. So much win.

Man, just seeing that baseball illustration is making me miss those two even more. Unless the Troupe gets apparently involved somehow, I doubt Kurapika will show up for the time-being anyway but then there's the fact that our main duo will likely try to keep him from confronting them. While Leerio is probably the least competent in terms of Nen and combat and this arc doesn't seem like it would suit well for him, it still would do me so much good to see him again. Then again, like others have said, Gon's the MC and everyone else, including even Killua eventually are going to part away for sometime from him in his journey to find Ging. lol Kinda sad how I was really expecting those 4 to go on more adventures together.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:14   Link #3377
ookamigirl

Knuckle is teaching those two valuable lessons.
Guess they'll get some new experiences from those fights.
The plot is too focused on Gon & Killua's training.
There is little plot dealing with chimera ants, kinda miss that part.
Bisky really did a number on Killua in more ways than one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:58   Link #3378
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 89-

Spoiler for Part 1:

-------------------------

Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:16   Link #3379
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well figures Gon wouldn't be bale to win right now, but that last move was pretty nice. The paper really improved. We know nothing about how Shoot fights so i'm worried about Killua. He got traumatized by Bisky in a number of ways. Him finding out that his tendencies would lead him to abandoning Gon to his death was a huge wake up call. He definitely doesn't want to leave Gon's side now, but wonder if he can break free from Illumi. Lol the end with Palm creeping out from the door and Bisky about to make her getaway.
Old 2013-07-21, 12:05   Link #3380
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, Bisky was saying basically the same thing Morel was saying, but no one is saying like "Bisky has no effing clue what she's talking about" are they?

Also, finally the attack is named.

Jajanken is a simple name, but it does the job well, combining "jajan" (ta-daa), "janken" (rock-paper-scissors) and "jaken" (evil fist, recall the training segment of the Greed Island arc).

And at the same time, the ability's versatility is revealed. Things are looking up for a our hero.

Of course, Knuckle still hasn't used his own ability yet, so we're gonna have to see what happens next.

Tags
action, shounen