AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 22.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 14.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-25, 23:01   Link #101
typhonsentra

Well it'll be back with more in a year or two but dunno if it'll be more interesting.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 23:15   Link #102
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
So that was the last F'ing episode??? O_o

Jesus Skywalker...After finishing this, Casshern, and Xam'd...I'm not sure I can take anymore "random crap" anime...I OBVIOUSLY haven't been keeping up with this forum as I thought this would be another long-running shonen...I mean Jesus I thought at some point the dude's arm would actually get a power-up or something, anything...I gotta seriously grow-up and stop watching these kinda cool looking animes for the sake of watching kinda cool-looking anime...Jesus, I'm like trying to figure out who the next boss is gonna be and the series is over...Sheeeesh...
lol, well I don't think Touma's fist can't be "powered up". It's already the ultimate non-physical weapon but no one else has really realized that yet. I mean, it can already neutralize any level 9999.. esper power, the biggest spell the church comes up with or even as suggested early on, the power of the heavens itself (which was used to euphemistically explain his constant string of bad luck).

I can't see how this would be the last episode. Definitely will be another season.. but it'll just take I while I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
The episode was ok, final moment come out to save the day, and the conspiracy getting stronger??
the ending was not bad, quite normal, but it able to continue for season 2 if they want, hopefully it got ^^, but at least need to wait the next related story to end 1st.
Like arkxkra said, I hope it goes back to the core conspiracy story (or the "mythology" to use an X-Files term) about Academy City and the rest of the world.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 12:51   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
lol, well I don't think Touma's fist can't be "powered up". It's already the ultimate non-physical weapon but no one else has really realized that yet. I mean, it can already neutralize any level 9999.. esper power, the biggest spell the church comes up with or even as suggested early on, the power of the heavens itself (which was used to euphemistically explain his constant string of bad luck).

I can't see how this would be the last episode. Definitely will be another season.. but it'll just take I while I guess.
Well I meant more of a visual power-up...I mean it was rather boring just watching a normal, whatever-looking arm all the time ...Thought maybe they'd cool-it-up a bit...In any event, I just gotta stop letting cool-looking OPs get me to watch these type of "go nowhere" animes...In the end I feel hollow, and have gained nothing from watching this show other than the sheer routine of it all...
Old 2009-03-26, 15:47   Link #104
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the last episode :

Hmmmm it was an average anime for me , i don't know if i'll watch the 2nd season even though the characters are good , the humors and the designs too .
As usual , before attacking , or when the enemies attacking , they love talking about theirs past , theirs techniques , theirs secret's techniques etc ... then the moral begin etc....
Well , this magician was bad and weak .
Touma just used his right arm to beat this girl out . He's normal right , i wonder how he hit the magician's head so hard that her head was in the wall . So it tell us that his right arm isn't only a magic breaker but a powerful arm too . Nobody in reality can do it . Well its just an anime so i understand . Touma isn't a badass , its just his luck to met magicians . If he'll met a normal human who use gun , he'll already lose .
Poor Kazakiri but i think she'll be in 2nd season .
Instead of "Urusai urusai urusai" Index its "I'm hungry , i'm hungry , i'm hungry" ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 07:25   Link #105
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

After blitzing through this episode, and reading this thread, I guess Hyoka is living proof that angels and God itself are just AIM entities, and hence why Misha and Hyoka alike are afraid of touching Touma, why magic seems available to Churches and centres of religion alone in this anime, and that divine powers can be outright canceled by a mortal ability.

In other words, I was totally right about how Imagine Breaker works, that magic and Espers aren't that different and that the magic rejection seen in Espers is actually a conspiracy to keep mages out and espers in.

I await the day Touma completes my prophecy.
Old 2009-03-28, 20:49   Link #106
Seiryuu

Just thought I'd insert a hypothesis considering the nature of the defeat of the big golem at the end. I'd heard some complain that the shattered rock should have continued to move forward at high speeds, killing the main characters. This works under the assumption that this giant golem is built through a single-layer spell. We've already seen that spells can have multiple layers, like the layered defenses on Index's curse at the start of the series. In the golem, I would guess that the deepest, core layer is the part that holds the rocks together to form one body. One of the outer layers produces mobility and semi-consciousness. Both times Touma dissolves a golem, the mobility stops first, leaving the golem as a large mass of rock held together by magic. Since the golem is balanced, the result is much like when someone stops a punch just short of an opponents face: the entire body(which in this case is rooted to the ground itself) holds the arm back. Moments after the locomotion spells are erased, the binding forces are also removed and the now near-motionless rocks just fall where they are. This fight only seems to go against basic laws of physics until you examine the specific sequence. Of course, this is just a pseudoscience conjecture produced to oppose the idea that the production company fouled up here. Either way, it's best not to concern oneself too much with these things. Spare the catgirls before you kill them all.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 16:08   Link #107
USCPharmacist

Mere momentum is no match for hot bloodedness.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 19:22   Link #108
sayde

I just got finished watching this episode. Now I'm left wondering if season 2 will be a direct continuation of season 1, or if the confirmed Railgun spin-off will be season 2 instead. Anyways, I liked the series for the most part. The animation was solid (especially during the action scenes), the character's were like-able IMO, and the humor was good. That alone will keep me looking forward to the next season. Hopefully season 2 will bring a little more closure to things.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 03:28   Link #109
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

just finished watching this series, the first half was very good, although the whole concept of magic vs science is kinda non logical, people will always call things as supernatural or magic when science have not discovered the mechanics of that phenomenon or event and then after discovering the mechanics of it will science explain it in a logical manner, but this show is fiction or fantasy and it was entertaining nonetheless

now gonna see the second season
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 06:14   Link #110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
just finished watching this series, the first half was very good, although the whole concept of magic vs science is kinda non logical, people will always call things as supernatural or magic when science have not discovered the mechanics of that phenomenon or event and then after discovering the mechanics of it will science explain it in a logical manner, but this show is fiction or fantasy and it was entertaining nonetheless

now gonna see the second season
Science in this case is probably 'Fringe Science' or 'Pseudoscience', where it is presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to a valid scientific methodology, so calling it 'supernatural' might not be totally inaccurate.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 20:22   Link #111
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Science in this case is probably 'Fringe Science' or 'Pseudoscience', where it is presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to a valid scientific methodology, so calling it 'supernatural' might not be totally inaccurate.
thats it this show is Pseudoscience rather than real Science, and im enjoying this show a lot
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:20   Link #112
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
I felt something was off during the scene when Touma turns to Index walking up the scaffolding, like I shouldn't be seeing a patch of the sky at that spot. Lo and behold...

Spoiler for whoops:

Someone forgot to draw in Touma's head
Maybe this is a hint that even "real human" in anime may have no real body. seriously I think Hyouka is a symbol of anime character in a sense.
Am I reading too much info? YES.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 10:45   Link #113
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Maybe this is a hint that even "real human" in anime may have no real body. seriously I think Hyouka is a symbol of anime character in a sense.
Am I reading too much info? YES.
That's just an animation error. They fixed it in the DVD version.
Old 2011-02-19, 11:30   Link #114
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That's just an animation error. They fixed it in the DVD version.
I know. It was just joke.

Though I think Hyouka is the symbol of a virtual character.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote