AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 5 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 21.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 12:44   Link #61
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
It was as a civilian. I didn't serve in the military.

As I stated though, there has to be a circumstance that warrants me not killing them. If keeping them alive would save other lives in someway, then I wouldn't attempt to kill them.

However if they are just regular soldiers, or some murderer/rapist, then I would intend to kill them with every shot fired.
Old 2009-07-04, 20:01   Link #62
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It was as a civilian. I didn't serve in the military.

As I stated though, there has to be a circumstance that warrants me not killing them. If keeping them alive would save other lives in someway, then I wouldn't attempt to kill them.
Keeping them alive has a good reason. It keeps the feds and chancellor borg at bay to not do anything stupid.

Quote:
However if they are just regular soldiers, or some murderer/rapist, then I would intend to kill them with every shot fired.
Uhm. Then you will definetely be martial courted.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:09   Link #63
kalbron

Depends on the army. If you're from a European nation (except probably England, France, Spain and the Netherlands) the odds of you being allowed to turn the safety off your weapon even when under heavy fire without being brought before a court approaches zero the more "peaceful/stupid" the laws that country has in place. Even on peacekeeping missions. Gotta love all those European UN troops who sit round as people get raped and killed because they legally have no wiggle room to intervene, or their parliment will chew them out for saving people with weapons.

In any other armed forces, I'm pretty certain that returning fire with intent to kill is the entire point.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:53   Link #64
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Keeping them alive has a good reason. It keeps the feds and chancellor borg at bay to not do anything stupid.

Uhm. Then you will definetely be martial courted.
Maybe in Germany. Not in the U.S. We do things a little bit differently.
Old 2009-07-05, 19:13   Link #65
Father Hentai

Quote:
Maybe in Germany. Not in the U.S. We do things a little bit differently.
You may be correct with this statement. But shooting first then asking the people is something what is not unknown for the U.S. troops.

As already mentioned. Welkin did a wise decision not to do a lethal shot because he has more advantage of a living prisoner rather than dead soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post

In any other armed forces, I'm pretty certain that returning fire with intent to kill is the entire point.
You understand it wrong. In German (also Austria and Swiss) doctrines we are allowed to shot back if we are getting into the line of fire. If it means to shot back to our own safety then we will do so. But the question is always if you want to shot to kill or if you want to shot to defend yourself. And giving an order to kill is always an act which get's you into martial court.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:42   Link #66
kalbron

Which just says that Germany should stop wasting its money and the rest of the world's peacekeeping time with its armed forces and disband them all.

If your soldiers can't kill without being court martialed, then they're nothing more than glorified police officers with an incorrect training doctrine.
Old 2009-07-06, 12:11   Link #67
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Kalbron, you're just being a dick there.

That depends entirely on the Rules of Engagement which are laid out for each mission. In complementary service (guarding, peacekeeping, etc..) you are allowed to shoot the moment you, a comrade or a civilian's life is in danger.

It's a pointless discussion anyway. The animator certainly have no zero real life military knowledge or experience; they just went for what seemed the coolest and more in character with Welkin.
Old 2009-07-06, 18:12   Link #68
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Kalbron, you're just being a dick there.

That depends entirely on the Rules of Engagement which are laid out for each mission. In complementary service (guarding, peacekeeping, etc..) you are allowed to shoot the moment you, a comrade or a civilian's life is in danger.
In addition you have to judge the the situation and consider the proportionality.

Nonetheless I can only point out that Welkin solved the situation perfect. Not only he saved a life but also has a prisoner of war.
Old 2009-07-21, 04:45   Link #69
Velsy

hmph

I thought it was an interesting episode. At least one of my questions was sorta answered. Back in the temple its mentioned that a Gallian family house Radgar is descendants of the Valkyrias. But I've only really seen Salvaria as one of* the Valkyrias so far in the anime.

So as the episode progresses, you see the heir to the throne (Princess Cordial) is of house Radgar. So that was pretty cool. Plus when she takes off her veil (or should say joker hat) she sooo looked like Salvaria except alot younger. Curious if she plays a futher part down the track, or if she been receiving combat training because of her bloodline or so.

another thing. I wonder if Gallian believes in *Palace Guards* . I mean they are in a time of war, yet there was no security around the place. How does 3 men walk out of a palace carring two bodies. Even the princess to the matter of fact. I suppose having Palace guards would most likely prevent the episode turning out how it was intended, but still <.< .

and why isnt her advisor being detained, charged with treason. Not enough evidence ?

Throughout the series so far, I've kinda liked that Jager guy for some reason, so it was kinda cool that they both worked together for the *greater goal*. But I guess they going to come head to head at some point.

and the thing with Faldio and Welkin. It was interesting. I've felt that Faldio has liked Alicia for a bit (not unexpected), but I say Welkin was plain out lieing with his response about only focusing on the Princess. Its not that he doesnt like Alicia. I am guessing he's the type of guy whos sorta scared when it comes to girls and feelings yet being so great in many other fields like Biology. Its like unknown territory to him. but hes shown he cares for her in past eps. So I not going to be like many of you guys and give him smack down because hes not doing so well with feeelings. It rather makes him human and the series intestering.

I think Faldio wants Alicia, but knows Welkin and Alicia are closer. anyway just my opinion tho

Anyway, thats just my quick opinions on the episode.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread