AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 15:52   Link #1
marvelB

General Discussion on The New World and Four Emperors [manga]

So, we now know that the Straw-Hats are getting closer and closer to the New World, the second half of the Grand Line. We also know that it's the home turf of the Yonkou/Four Emperors, the four most powerful pirates in the world. And lastly, not to mention most importantly of all, we know that the person who conquers the place will become the new Pirate King. So, what new adventures/enemies/etc. do you think our protagonists will find in this second half of the Grand Line? Post your thoughts here!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:32   Link #2
drkstar

***SPOILER****(still don't know how to do the button one)

i hope they meet up with luffy's father Monkey D. Dragon
we all ready know luffy's grandfather Vice admiral Monkey D. Garp will be in pursuit of them. also i would like luffy to final meet the man who saved his life the yonkou red haired shanks.
drkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 10:03   Link #3
amOKchen
duel me

They will most likely meet after the current arc.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 15:14   Link #4
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I personally would just like to say that the people who insisted I was stupid for saying they were still in the first half of the grand line are jerks.

As for them meeting after the current arc, what makes you say that? They haven't actually said where shanks and white beard are sailing, but it is to be assumed that they are in the new world.

Also I am far more interested in finding out how they will cross into the new world. The maps oda has shown so far have indicated that it is a solid strip of land that is at the very least moderately wide, and cuts the grand line clean in half.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:08   Link #5
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer View Post
Also I am far more interested in finding out how they will cross into the new world. The maps oda has shown so far have indicated that it is a solid strip of land that is at the very least moderately wide, and cuts the grand line clean in half.
er...with the log pose???

on a serious note rumors say that the straw hats will visit merman island, and i hope to see the village of elbaf (giant village from little garden part about 200 episodes earlier). but more importantly i believe that shanks and luffy will meet (of course... but i think that zoro might want to challenge shanks to a sword fight so he can continue on the quest for being the greatest swordman (because it seems like even with one hand shanks is equal/more powerful than mihawk) but that's just me
plus the battle against blackbeard (marshall d teach) is inevitable because the seems like everybody is searching for him or had a run in with him (yes that includes whitebeard, shanks, and the world gov't becuase blackbeard wanted to be a shichibuki
Old 2007-07-28, 10:03   Link #6
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
er...with the log pose???

on a serious note
I hope that means you were joking with me in that first line <> If not, I am saying I am curious how they are going to get a 50ton ship past a solid chunk of land. Oda has not indicated anything like a panama canal so far.
Old 2007-07-28, 11:35   Link #7
amOKchen
duel me

Quote:
As for them meeting after the current arc, what makes you say that? They haven't actually said where shanks and white beard are sailing, but it is to be assumed that they are in the new world.
Well I was replying to the post above me, that they would probably meet Dragon after the current arc. Seeing that there was a slide where dragon said they would meet soon.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 16:34   Link #8
Monkey D. Luffy

I think The Will Of D will be explained sooner than later in the New World since it might have a big thing to do in the new world, we will see the Straw Hats fight opponents that I don't even want to think about.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:41   Link #9
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
i believe that shanks and luffy will meet (of course... but i think that zoro might want to challenge shanks to a sword fight so he can continue on the quest for being the greatest swordman (because it seems like even with one hand shanks is equal/more powerful than mihawk)
that may be good since shanks was also a swordie! but hey, he was luffy's friend so i think its just a friendly battle.
cy_ph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 23:34   Link #10
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
The New World; Where Luffy will fight Red-Haired Shanks.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 19:31   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
The New World; Where Luffy will fight Red-Haired Shanks.

...and Whitebeard, and Dragon, and Blackbeard, and Smoker, and whatever other crazy new villains Oda comes up with.

Anyways, I'm hoping that the Straw-Hats visit the Wano Country (where Samurai Ryuuma originally came from). From what I gather, it's a Japanese-themed place, and we haven't had any island of that theme yet in the series....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 23:01   Link #12
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
...and Whitebeard, and Dragon, and Blackbeard, and Smoker, and whatever other crazy new villains Oda comes up with.

Anyways, I'm hoping that the Straw-Hats visit the Wano Country (where Samurai Ryuuma originally came from). From what I gather, it's a Japanese-themed place, and we haven't had any island of that theme yet in the series....
I'm eager for them to visit it for another reason. Ryuuma in one piece is actually a homage to a one shot oda did a while back called ryuuma the king. In it a character that looked like zoro with black hair (has since whitened :V) and a pony tail slayed a dragon effortlessly. Sound familiar? Also if you sort of study OP ryuumas features, he is basicly a zombified version of zoro in appearance. I would love to see oda send them there just to see how he would handle that country 200 years or whatever later.

Also technically we did have a feudal japan island, but we only saw it in zoro's past with kairin. Of course no such islands have appeared on the grandline yet, which is what I assume you meant.
Old 2007-07-31, 07:42   Link #13
Black Pirate
XIII

BlackBeard will be last enemy for Luffy
That's my estimated
Black Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 01:05   Link #14
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

No Red-haired Shanks is going to be Luffy's last enemy
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 15:23   Link #15
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

cp9 aint got nothin on oz
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 07:00   Link #16
Procris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
No Red-haired Shanks is going to be Luffy's last enemy
What makes you think Shanks will be Luffy's enemy? Hes Luffy's childhood hero and Shanks sacrificed his own arm to save Luffy.

Not to mention he went to whitebeard in order to ask him recall Ace. I don't think Shanks is the kind of guy that would become Luffys enemy.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 09:51   Link #17
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procris View Post
What makes you think Shanks will be Luffy's enemy? Hes Luffy's childhood hero and Shanks sacrificed his own arm to save Luffy.

Not to mention he went to whitebeard in order to ask him recall Ace. I don't think Shanks is the kind of guy that would become Luffys enemy.
I agree with you, Procris-san. I don't think Luffy and Shanks will become enemies.

They're friends

And Sanzo-kun.. what are you talking about?!
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 11:18   Link #18
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
I hope that means you were joking with me in that first line <> If not, I am saying I am curious how they are going to get a 50ton ship past a solid chunk of land. Oda has not indicated anything like a panama canal so far.
well, the ship can jump for i think more than 1km now. so it may not prove to be a problem if the strip isn't too wide. otherwise i'm sure there should be channels/rivers?

and given the next destination is underwater, theres the probability of the underground route being the bypass of that land mass
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 12:04   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

First, they have to enter the new world. Hence, you have to wonder which place will be considered as the beginning of this new world. Maybe, an island which will be protected by another Shichibukai, maybe a place similar to Roguetown, but this time with also pirates within the island.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 21:11   Link #20
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Luffy will take down the shichibukai one by one (zoro reserves hawk eyes).

Eventually he is invited into it but refuses.

Luffy will then either assist or solely deafeat one or two of the great 4 emporers.

Dragon will take care of another one.

Luffy finds location of one piece. Shanks is crippled, therefore cannot fight Luffy.

I can imagine one piece being hidden back in the east blue.