AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 12:19   Link #241
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Well, if you take a look at the game site, Asami is part of Shuusuke's path (you can pick between Sana and Shuu as main characters in the game), so it's not THAT surprising that she's tied to the twins rather than Sana. If anything I thought up to now that her role in the anime was somewhat odd considering what the site said.

But I never imagined it'd be this way, haha. Can't wait to watch the episode.

Now I dunno if I'd call it a plot twist though...I guess it is, but it's possibly because they had 0 foreshadowing, except from the OP and the game's site which not everyone will read. Then it is by definition, yeah. Forget what I said.

Let's not forget this anime is mostly just a way to advertise the game too. It's been an enjoyable ride all things considered, without taking it too seriously, and I got to see the closest thing I'd ever see to an animated Tsugumi. But, it is directed by the Ever17 dude after all...the plot was never going to be that cliche'd and normal. It had to have some weird stuff.

Damn, I am so tempted to order this game just so I can play shuusuke to see If I can get him to shag Shuri
Old 2007-12-15, 12:31   Link #242
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Scary thing is...you probably can

Eroges aren't bounded by the laws of physics ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-15, 14:27   Link #243
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Damn, I am so tempted to order this game just so I can play shuusuke to see If I can get him to shag Shuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Scary thing is...you probably can

Except Myself; Yourself probably isn't an eroge. First thing, it's on the PS2.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-15, 14:30   Link #244
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Wait...how do the laws of physics prevent twincest?
Old 2007-12-15, 14:54   Link #245
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Must have got my facts wrong then as I thought there is also a PC version O.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Wait...how do the laws of physics prevent twincest?
Physics is what defines the laws of attraction

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-15, 14:55   Link #246
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's not. Having an eroge with a character specifically stated as a 10 year old is... risky....

EDIT: I meant it's not an eroge. It IS on PS2.
Old 2007-12-15, 14:57   Link #247
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its not the "what" that bothers me its the "how?"
Old 2007-12-15, 15:02   Link #248
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its not the "what" that bothers me its the "how?"

Are you talking about the Shuusuke/Shuri thing? Like "how" you would end up with her?
If that's it, then they could simply do something like this episode... Run far away where no one knows them... -_-

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-15, 15:23   Link #249
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

no, i sw the twincest coming a mile away, I'm pointing directly at the asami thing, Also the usage of killer grandma was poorly done as well, as it was better hinted towards Nanaka. and lots of other things.
Old 2007-12-15, 16:34   Link #250
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
In the game site, Shuri is implied to be on Sana's path. In the last screenshot where they're under an umbrella, it looks like they're in a relationship.

The only one that has conversations from both sides, interestingly, is Nanaka. In the Shuu-Nanaka conversation, it looks like he became the class rep instead, not Sana, and he's trying to tell Nanaka that they should do stuff together. She's naturally giving him the cold shoulder.

Another interesting detail is that Asami at first calls Shuusuke "Wakatsuki-kun", while in another screenshot, later in the game, she just calls him "Shuusuke". In the scene where Tsug...Nanaka and Asami are arguing, it's Shuu eavesdropping on them. It's not very clear what they're arguing about though. Maybe they knew each other from before and they never told us this in the anime.

In any case, it seems like Shuu gets Asami and Hinako's paths, while Sana gets Aoi, Yuzuki and Shuri's. Of course, since this is coming from the same guy who directed Ever17, it's entirely possible that they're not showing us everything.

Finally, M;Y is clearly not an eroge because they told us the characters' ages. Normally they never mention them.

EDIT: Moderators, should I delete this post and move it to the game thread? I thought it was fitting because in the above posts people were talking about the game, and I'm sure everyone participating in the game thread knows this information anyway.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2007-12-15 at 16:47.
Old 2007-12-15, 17:52   Link #251
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
EDIT: Moderators, should I delete this post and move it to the game thread? I thought it was fitting because in the above posts people were talking about the game, and I'm sure everyone participating in the game thread knows this information anyway.
Moderator here!

While I prefer for game talk to be in the game forum, sometimes the lines get blurry. If was going to move this to the game forum then I'd have to start with golthin's post and move all responses since then. Bah. I think we can just let it alone as long as the digression doesn't last much longer.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:09   Link #252
Salamandra

Next week on Myself; Yourself: Nanaka's uncle is... Sephiroth.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:16   Link #253
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Whoa.

I knew there was something fishy about Asami, but it seems my assumptions were misplaced. Ah, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Had to shake my head with frustration because of what the twins did.

I hope we don't get some half-assed end with this.
Old 2007-12-15, 22:24   Link #254
zqube

Non-romance drama is like a punch in the gut for me. I felt like I got a smack down after watching this episode.

Well, I guess a little romance was there, but not really.
Old 2007-12-16, 01:46   Link #255
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Whoa.

I knew there was something fishy about Asami, but it seems my assumptions were misplaced. Ah, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Had to shake my head with frustration because of what the twins did.

I hope we don't get some half-assed end with this.
Oh man, "...hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I have not heard that quote in a while, and it's great you brought it up! It definitely fits Asami's fury, and a little bit of Nanaka back in ep 1.

-PD
Old 2007-12-16, 05:41   Link #256
Nina_FireSword
Evil Dark Woman

Very sad maybe they return someday

Tomadou kotoba ataeraretemo jibun no kokoro tada uwa no sora Moshi watashi kara ugoku no naraba subete kaeru no nara kuro ni suru
Old 2007-12-16, 07:05   Link #257
babybro

Holy Crap, I watch the episode and absolutely adored it. Completely off the wall, straight from left field and no way possible did I see that coming. Plus the ending was almost a 10 itself, it would have been just a little bit better of shuri comforted shuu while he was crying. But overall, easily a 10/10 for me and personally blows kimikiss out of the water for me with it's unpredictable nature.
Old 2007-12-16, 09:01   Link #258
Kamesan

I knew that crazy psycho stalker was up to something.
Old 2007-12-16, 11:33   Link #259
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
wow... if everytime a friend is worried about another friend crying their eyes out, then that means everyone who has a friend is gay... >_>

If I want cheap drama that makes no real sense I'll watch monday morning soap operas on NBC, otherwise theres no real excuse for a poor story.

I do agree that Hinako has been covered more than Nanaka, maybe she should've been the female lead.
Not if the friend doesn't show any bit of interest on opposite sex. After all the times Asami spend together with Sana, such as the whole hugging thing, they're still nothing more than a friend. The only reason i can think of is that Asami has no interest at all on Sana. And then she looks so disturbed at Shuri crying. LMAO "worried" and "deeply disturbed" is different thing. Asami looks like she got some kind of psychological shock looking at Shuri. If she likes Shuu like many people say, she should be happy cause it looks like her rival was breaking apart. The biggest possibility is that Asamis a lesbo.
Old 2007-12-16, 11:43   Link #260
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Having no apparent romantic interest in Sana is not an indicator to being prone to homosexuality. This point aside, this is just a twist for the sake of having one. We suddenly find out that Asami and Shuri are good friends and share a deep bound ... since when was that shown in the anime ? We have two characters that barely seem to know each other through the series, and then suddenly wham - "these two are very good friends with a past between them". This plot twist had no consistency, its driving force were random insertions in an attempt for drama. Asami itself is a walking plot device barely worthy of the label "character". Her only role is seemingly to function as whatever plot device there is required for the current story to continue down a certain direction, be it catalyst for some jealousy on Nanaka's front or some trouble for the twins. The script of this is certainly not stellar.