Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-31, 05:00   Link #361
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Madlax episode 8, another interesting episode. I kinda start to understand what the Elies writing do.

Spoiler for screenshots and spoiler episode 8:

Again, Madlax jinx. It seems the guys who got involved with her always ended up dying. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-31 at 08:06.
Old 2004-05-31, 15:02   Link #362
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

That had a pretty sad ending Good episode though! Still unsure of Reticia though... wtf.
Old 2004-05-31, 15:11   Link #363
USCPharmacist

Therefore, the moral of the story is to never hire Madlax as a bodyguard if you are a man!!!! It's much better to hire Noir to take out your enemies first!!!!

BTW I am disappointed that I didn't get to see "fake Chloe" fight Madlax.....
Old 2004-05-31, 18:58   Link #364
Shigan
Forever a Journey

"The world being too normal." in the case of Eric seemed to be that without the memory block, he had no way of surviving/living in the world with the horrible things he has done. A phrase which Reticia mentioned in one of the first episdoes pops into mind, "a place where a person can be who he/she is". Maybe the place Reticia and the boy resides in is a place which people like Eric, who for some reason cannot cope with the normal world can go to? (the constant scenery change from a paradise to a battlefield is quite interesting, maybe it means the contrast in what people needs to experience to go there. It doesnt need to be something horrible/violent/traumatic, just something that makes one unable to continue in the normal world)

This idea was sperung from Madlax's last words in ep8. None of our female leads are especially "normal" in any term. Madlax, who cannot even define the word normal due to her circumstances, and Margareth, who is obviously not coping all to well with her current life, even if she is not aware of it.

I got the impression of that Madlax has at point met Margareth, when she was sending the letter. O_o
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-05-31, 21:18   Link #365
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Enfan == Enfants

Just started watching this series, and noted that at least ANBU-Lunar are hearing and subbing "Enfan". What's probably meant is "Enfants", French for "children", which makes quite a bit of sense in this context.

- Fromage
Old 2004-05-31, 21:23   Link #366
jmc

This show is getting better and better! For my money, I think Carrasour and the purple haired bodyguard chick are Altena and Chloe, more or less. They definately are out to be the main atagonists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
Are we even sure of that the girl is gonna pick up a gun at all? She's gonna have to take a blitz course and not to mention being a prodigy that surpasses both Kirika and Kino if she's gonna catch up to Madlax... or Mysterious-Mask-Guy will just type a few letters on his keyboard and boast her with superpowers...

However I wish to see more of Kirika and Mireille, I certainly hope that Noir 2 is a haux. That's just one show you cant follow up with, without making the prequel look worse (and yes, Nausicaä too ^^
Margaret probably has repressed memories of the traumatic incident, just like
Spoiler:

I disagree totally about Noir 2. They had barely started the open expression of their relationship, and they still need to make a living. There's plenty of places the story can be taken. At minimum, I can see them being approached by Breffort again. And I can see them maybe accepting, too.
Old 2004-06-01, 00:23   Link #367
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lol I tought the Chloe in this anime would be Reticia. It seems she, Madlax and Margaret share that strange personalities. Just their view on the world is just way different from normal people.
Old 2004-06-01, 00:48   Link #368
Za Paper

Ep8 was great. I am glad I stuck with this series even during the wtf eps. We also find out how to spell Nafrece.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-01, 01:23   Link #369
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Ep8 was great. I am glad I stuck with this series even during the wtf eps. We also find out how to spell Nafrece.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-01, 02:03   Link #370
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol I tought the Chloe in this anime would be Reticia. It seems she, Madlax and Margaret share that strange personalities. Just their view on the world is just way different from normal people.
Why Leticia would be Chloe? At first I thought it's Rimelda, as they have the same VA...

Now I think about it more, Nahal also looks a bit like a chibi-fied Leila
Old 2004-06-01, 02:18   Link #371
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Wow, you guys cleared up my confusion with Eric, I just thought his 'evil past' was just something that happened in his hometown...

Also, how did you havea 651MB sig dreamless?!?!
Old 2004-06-01, 02:34   Link #372
dreamless

I don't quite understand Eric's past either... I don't think he's related to that exploration team... from what I understand from those flashbacks,
Spoiler:

Hmm... about Madlax meeting Margaret in the next episode... I'm not sure... what caught my attention in the preview is Elinor in swimsuit and a naked Kuanjita (and hopefully Nahal too )
Old 2004-06-01, 02:37   Link #373
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Oh on the tought on the final boss, don't forget about Madlax's manager who been giving her missions. At first I tought he was working for Enfan, but the last couple missions has been against Enfan. he could be another potential bad guy behind the scene and pulling the strings.

He's still a big mystery, kinda reminded of Charlie's Angel. ^^ He's got to be someone really good at his job tho to have Madlax working for him and doing missions that crosses Enfan interests.

Last edited by Secca; 2004-06-01 at 09:24.
Old 2004-06-02, 17:11   Link #374
dreamless

episode 9 is another fantastic episode! could be my most favorite episode so far. It has a very fast pace and covers lot of stuff, and even has some fan-service! (well, at least fan-service in terms of Bee Train products )

Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler for my theory:
Old 2004-06-03, 05:03   Link #375
Fon

[QUOTE=dreamless]episode 9 is another fantastic episode! could be my most favorite episode so far. It has a very fast pace and covers lot of stuff, and even has some fan-service! (well, at least fan-service in terms of Bee Train products )

Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2004-06-04, 01:07   Link #376
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fon
Spoiler for episode 9:
well, seems Madlax also have some telepathy ability

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-04, 01:25   Link #377
Secca