AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 22:34   Link #2121
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not quite, Athrun actually tells you or hints when he is switching sides. For example, he tells Cagali that he was going to plant, and later had a big argument with Dully, which led to that big escape where he seemingly eloped with someone's sister... etc.

Yzak? None of that, he just does it on a whim, in battle.

- Tak
Old 2011-03-24, 22:50   Link #2122
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
LOL, well, at least Yzak never had to change his uniform. So technically, he's always been on the same side, the non-losing side.
He was losing left and right when he dared to fight Kira... Good thing he learned his lesson
Old 2011-03-24, 23:00   Link #2123
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
He was losing left and right when he dared to fight Kira... Good thing he learned his lesson
Ouch
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:32   Link #2124
Neku
yare yare..

Yzak. The only one with style in the Seed trilogy. xD
Old 2011-03-25, 10:48   Link #2125
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
True story. He is like Vegeta, a lot of rage and fight in him, but knows damn well he will never be no. 1.

But, he is a strangely adorable lil' fella. In addition, his presence & support are far more important than most people think.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 22:27   Link #2126
rakusukira

have you watched SEED SUPERNOVA? it was like, the most hilarious thing ever.. Yzak was soo cute in it
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 15:53   Link #2127
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

I've been thinking about it recently: am I the only one who's skeptical about Morosawa's "cancer"?

Because I know that a creator or creators come up with reasons on why a project is being delayed (e.g., the fifth Twilight novel being indefinitely delayed because one of the drafts to it is leaked).

I think that, at least, she might had a cancer scare, just not the actual cancer. It's not mentioned in any of the recent Japanese news, or the Japanese Wikipedia about her, but then again, this is Wikipedia.

Is it possible to have someone else write any upcoming SEED works (anime, movies), with Morosawa at least serving as a consultant?
Old 2011-05-04, 16:48   Link #2128
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
I've been thinking about it recently: am I the only one who's skeptical about Morosawa's "cancer"?
The fact that you're thinking about Morosawa, of all people, still amazes me.
Quote:
Is it possible to have someone else write any upcoming SEED works (anime, movies), with Morosawa at least serving as a consultant?
Sure, it's possible.
Old 2011-05-05, 06:43   Link #2129
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@ Washu-Chan:

WTF...

Why are you so obsessed with this Morosawa stuff?
Old 2011-05-06, 17:39   Link #2130
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@ Washu-Chan:

WTF...

Why are you so obsessed with this Morosawa stuff?
As I said in my last post, I'm skeptical about Morosawa's supposed cancer.

Because, traditionally, a writer or creator will come up reasons why they don't want to work on a sequel.

That's why I think that she had, at best, a cancer scare.
Old 2011-05-06, 18:06   Link #2131
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Because, traditionally, a writer or creator will come up reasons why they don't want to work on a sequel.
If someone doesn't want to work on something, all they have to do is refuse. Making up stories is unnecessary and runs the risk of ruining their reputation if it's discovered.

It is my opinion that you are way overanalyzing this situation.
Old 2011-05-08, 09:09   Link #2132
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If someone doesn't want to work on something, all they have to do is refuse. Making up stories is unnecessary and runs the risk of ruining their reputation if it's discovered.

It is my opinion that you are way overanalyzing this situation.
correct.

and having cancer is not so easy to joke about
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 06:08   Link #2133
luffyDking

then she had cancer or has it/ i sworn she did and I was interested in her too because she was the writer.

well she is being private with it, as it should be.
luffyDking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 15:24   Link #2134
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyDking View Post
then she had cancer or has it/ i sworn she did and I was interested in her too because she was the writer.

well she is being private with it, as it should be.
According to the Animage interview (was it Animage?) in 2008, on why the SEED movie was indefinitely postponed, Morosawa mentioned she was ill, but she didn't mention if it was cancer.

I'm not sure if Fukuda was done anything notable after SEED Destiny, but I'll guess that he's prolly being fed up with the Sunrise execs.

I can picture the relationship between Fukuda and the Sunrise suits:

Gundam SEED (30 minute toy commercials with recurring characters):

Sunrise: "It's been a while, Gundam is getting old, and my old fanbase isn't giving me as much revenue anymore. I want something that appeases both the old fans and the horde of fanbois"
Tomino: "It'll take a genius for that..."
Iida: "I don't think I want to milk this any further, 08th MS Team is as good as I can do for Gundam. My ideas are spent, I'm off to make Hellsing now, should relax my brain cells a bit."
Sunrise: "I KNOW! FUKUDA!"
Tomino: "The maker of Gear Fighter Dendoh? I don't think he works for the oldschool fans, Dendoh is taking old super robot concepts with new graphics, but I'm not sure you can apply that to Gunda-"
Sunrise: "CAN YOU STOP BITCHING FOR ONCE TOMINO? I'M TRYING TO MAKE MORE MONEY OFF GUNDAM HERE!"
Tomino: "Fine, but let me tell you this: Anime like Astro Boy, MAzinger Z, Space Battleship Yamato, Mobile Suit Gundam and the like are milestones that come once in decades, you can milk money out of them, but you won't revolutionize anything anymore. Gundam has finished long ago. You should give it some dignified rest"
Sunrise: "NO! I WANT MORE GUNDAM! FUKUDA!"
Fukuda: "A new gundam? Okay, I'll make something original and-"
Sunrise: "NO! I want to appease the oldschool fans, repeat the plot of MSG"
Fukuda: "What? But thats kinda..."
Sunrise: "You are to show the world that Gundam is both oldschool and hip and fresh AT THE SAME TIME!"
Fukuda: "Gundam is something timeless, there's no need for-
Sunrise: "HIP AND FRESH, AND I'M GIVING YOU HISASHI HIRAI!"
Hirai: "BISHIES! BISHIES! BISHIES!"
Fukuda: "What is this? You're drawing the same face over and over again just with different hair, I could graft Lacus' face onto Athrun, change the eye color and nobody would notice."
Hirai: "BISHIES!!!"
Fukuda: "Isn't this guy a character from s-cry-ed? Are you even trying?"
Hirai: "BISHIES! BOOBS!"
Fukuda: "Wow, he knows another word aside of "bishies", thats... *ugh* okay I'll try to make this..."
Sunrise: "WE MUST SELL TOYS TOO! MAKE ALL GUNDAMS STRIKE POSES FOR 2 WHOLE SECONDS PRIOR TO SHOOTING!"
Fukuda: "But isn't it supposed to be more fast paced in battles? Can't I have Itano? I mean look at the Funnels in CCA"
Sunrise: "NO! I WANT RAINBOW LASER BEAMS! I WANT POSING GIANT MECHA! I WANT KIDS TO BUY THE TOYS!"
Fukuda: "Fine! Jeeze! I have a feeling this isn't going to make me very popular with the old fanbase..."

Gundam SEED Destiny (Nigga Kira stole my bike spotlight)

Sunrise: "WE'RE NOT GETTING MUCH ANY OF THE OLD FANBASE BACK!"
Fukuda: "Hello? I make super robot anime, my character designer can only draw one face. FOR BOTH GENDERS."
Sunrise: "You have to make it darker and edgier! Make Shinn kill Kira!"
Fukuda: "Hey, thats kinda good, Shinn will be genuinely hated, it'll stir up emotions!"

*later*

Sunrise: "FUKUDA! GET KIRA BACK!"
Fukuda: "Why?"
Sunrise: "WE UPSET HIS FANGIRLZ!"
Fukuda: "Yes, because we killed him? It was sad and a big event? That was the point of this plot? Tomino would have left him dead."
Sunrise: "REVIVE HIM! AND MWU! MAKE KIRA MAIN CHARACTER! ALSO, MORE BEAMSPAM!"
Fukuda: "At the expense of Shinn? We're killing and reviving characters based on popularity now? But okay, I get paid plenty for this so whatever... sorry Tomino."

Source: http://simrtk.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Old 2011-05-27, 16:16   Link #2135
Appel

that is brilliant and sums it up SO nicely^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 23:29   Link #2136
luffyDking

i want more seed.... even though I am a old school gundam UCer. I mean seed was a homage to UC. People seem to forget that, it did it sucessfully the new age of gundam.
Old 2011-05-27, 23:30   Link #2137
luffyDking

Is there even a new gundam anime besides unicorn being created? Just wondering .

Fukuda your wife better get back to it.
Old 2011-05-28, 07:01   Link #2138
Washu-Chan