AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 01:43   Link #2741
jimmy2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are you sure you weren't seeing his ring? Actually, his suit did not explode. That was the explosion caused by Minerva's shot hitting the water.
if it didnt explode then why was the cockpit the only part left
jimmy2823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 01:56   Link #2742
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh it did explode. He's just saying that the gigantic nuclear explosion we saw was from the positron cannon the Minerva fired at the Archangel, not from the Freedom's reactor going critical.

That said, the Freedom and Justice likely had heavily reinforced torsos. They're flying around on nuclear reactors, the last thing they want is a lucky shot to make it explode. So they probably strengthened the torsos of the mobile suits beyond usual machines, and that's probably why that part of the Freedom was still intact when it finally did explode.
Old 2012-01-12, 02:40   Link #2743
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2823 View Post
if it didnt explode then why was the cockpit the only part left
I meant that it didn't explode entirely, and that is why the cockpit survives.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 04:02   Link #2744
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Heh. First anime i actually watched..

Since its a general discussion thread.

I don't really know if it's true or just a coincidence , but i really thought Shinn was a great character and doesn't deserve the hate he's receiving from some of the fans. In fact , in DESTINY , He & Stella were my favorite characters. I don't hate Kira , but the idea of him winning every fight and coming back even stronger reminds me of ... well. Naruto/Ichigo. That being said , the scene where he killed Stella made me go
I don't blame him. In fact , what he did was right. The one to blame should be Neo [yea , screw Neo]. But upon realizing Neo is Mu you can't hate him. Gawd.
That was the most emotional scene in DESTINY for me , since one could literally guessed the ending.

Afew more characters whom i really liked [more of their stories/background] are Cagalli and Nicol.
I really liked Cagalli base on how she lived her life and deal with the problems she faced. Surely she tends to get over emotional but i thought she did great overall.
In SEED the most epic scene would have got to be Nicol's death and i thought he was just being sacrificed to emphasize the seriousness of war. His dreams and all , that scene was pure gold. My only complain was that Nicol didn't have much screen time , which couldn't be helped , unfortunately..

Just to add. Both the captains of the Archangel and Minerva were awesome captains.

And just for fun. I like how in the very first arrangement , Athrun was suppose to be with Lacus. In the end , Lacus got together with Athrun's Best Friend[Kira] , and Athrun got together with his Best Friend's[Kira] sister. I didn't actually notice it until i finished DESTINY and looked back at the history of all the couples and went 'oh.. damn.'

And and and. Gundam SEED/DESTINY has afew of the best Opening and Ending songs and Original Sound Tracks.
Old 2012-01-12, 05:39   Link #2745
HasuMasu
*Artist

This is news to me, all along I was wondering why the explosion wasn't more epic since it's nuclear, now it makes sense.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:40   Link #2746
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

You really thought Talia and Murrue were great captains? Talia was alright, but nothing extraordinary, and her death was just ridiculous. What kinda mother leaves her son behind and goes to die with her psycho lover that she rejected years?

Murrue is just an awful captain, Natarle was twice the commander she was.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:56   Link #2747
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
You really thought Talia and Murrue were great captains? Talia was alright, but nothing extraordinary, and her death was just ridiculous. What kinda mother leaves her son behind and goes to die with her psycho lover that she rejected years?
The manner of Talia's death or what kind of mother she is doesn't really have anything to do with how she is as a captain.
Quote:
Murrue is just an awful captain, Natarle was twice the commander she was.
You mean the Natarle that was never truly in control over her own ship? Don't get me wrong, Natarle may be better than Murrue at tactics or whatnot, but considering what Murrue accomplished with the crew she had, I wouldn't consider Murrue any worse than Natarle as far as being a captain is concerned.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:18   Link #2748
winter45

I think his replying about quality of captain overall from a previous post which he doesnt agree.

2ndly i dont think he was using the base of the mother role to link with her leadership ability, even tho it could easily been read in that manner.

Murrue to me is just an average captain, nothing special.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:31   Link #2749
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Murrue to me is just an average captain, nothing special.
To be honest, I never consider most fictional captains to be all that special. As long as they're not blatantly awful, which I don't consider Murrue to be, then I can accept them as being at least competent in regard to being a captain. (Obviously they can have other failings as a character or a person.)
Old 2012-01-12, 19:38   Link #2750
monster

On a different topic: What happened to episode 4? Anybody know if they're releasing it today?
Old 2012-01-12, 19:47   Link #2751
ssbb210

it will be up in 2 or 3 hours
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 20:08   Link #2752
monster

Hmm, I thought they release it on Thursday, but thanks.
Old 2012-01-12, 20:44   Link #2753
ssbb210

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...E&feature=plpp it`s up but we can`t watch it now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEUd...&lf=plpp_video

Last edited by ssbb210; 2012-01-12 at 21:25.
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 21:07   Link #2754
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Great, now we're forced to wait for the TV broadcast.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:08   Link #2755
kakakka

Yeah, it's up now. Want a shorter link?
http://youtu.be/vyEUd1nvkNk
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 22:23   Link #2756
brightman
Ancient Member

Wow, this episode features the most reanimated scenes yet... I'd say maybe as much as 1/4 of the scenes were reanimated... Not surprising though, since the original episode (mainly the scenes with Toru Yoshida as animation director) looked pretty bad, so they had to bring it up to quality.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:25   Link #2757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If you want to get really sarcastic technical, anything that isn't new animation is re-used animation. :k
Old 2012-01-12, 22:27   Link #2758
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If you want to get really sarcastic technical, anything that isn't new animation is re-used animation. :k
I think you're confuse about something here... I'm praising it because a lot of the animation is new (ie reanimated)...

At least more than in the last three eps.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:29   Link #2759
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No I got that just fine. I'm just being sarcastic technical.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:30   Link #2760
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No I got that just fine. I'm just being sarcastic technical.
ooooooook.............

Anyway, its nice to see that they are doing something about the inconsistent animation quality that was common early on in the show, I guess before the animators got used to drawing Hirai's unconventional style.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep