AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 09:54   Link #40801
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't even known most of them, only Rong and that British guy who i forget the name.

Opinion comes into three flavor
1. Good sidestory that create it's own fanverse
2. Average fic that missing the point (I did say that that I.S. are 1/3 part fanservice, and the fanbase is 85% male, do the math)
3. Flame bait (troll logic application of point 2)

The ratio can change between three opinion depending on the quality and popularity of the fic.
Old 2013-03-13, 10:01   Link #40802
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Alfred's(the british guy's) story is actually my boredom writing on a phone

Guess that I may have to sidetrack that until i get a good foothold on what I want to do with that kind of idea.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 14:08   Link #40803
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Has anybody felt like that you just can't write?

You have everything all set up, you know the whole concept of your story/chapters you're going to write, but you just have no "energy" to actually write them?

Lately, I've been having this issue...
=_= <- Being in this mode ever since this thread started.

I can't help it that I am lazy in nature and I am either distracted or too tired to type something.

Every time I lose my drive completely, I restart working on my ideas again.

====
Now, that you mention it, I think I need to redo my idea (again) to make it fit more into yin-yang model.

Favoring on one gender over the other is meaningless (since everybody is already doing the same).

It is better to strike a balance between the two.

It's more about bringing out the full potential and exceeding it through combine effort of two rather than one's alone.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-13 at 14:35.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 15:43   Link #40804
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Writer's blocks are bad. Still can get anything with those 2 freaking lines that are still missing on the prologue, and always keep writing other things non related to that.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 23:37   Link #40805
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I think I will change my stand to discrimination against males and push it a little further.

In IS-verse.....

Due to majority of females just took males for granted.....

The result is: more and more males are turning to games like Love Plus because the video game offer more love than real life. At the very least the fictional characters are appreciative for them.

Also there is just nothing worth going into relationship for. Not even having children or sex....because female can claim rape even if it is consented.

With more of these cases popping out and males are being at the bad end of the stick. It is little wonder why more are give up on real women.

Granted not all females are like that but it is like playing Russian Roulette.
-

To describe this phenomen of guys prefer 2d girls over real women, some random dude on the internet coined the term: Oneiroiphilia and claimed it to be "the kind of pure love which (radial) feminist claimed that males are incapable of".

The term end up being used around so much online that it become a official term to describe herbivore males who rather marry their binary girlfriends than real women.

=

On female side: Because males view them as money-grabbing selfish bitches (thanks to some serious high-profile cases)..... Girls have more luck finding needle in haystack than a boyfriend.
Old 2013-03-13, 23:53   Link #40806
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In mine there's three scenario which I already mentioned
1. Better than canon: TLR Stratos, wave of radical feminism barely touched the youngster.

2. Virtually same as canon: Sacred Twins, the good and the bad, for the sake of original flavor

3 Worse than canon but only for a while: Mirrorverse, negative 5% population growth and international riot-induced crisis. Presently it's slightly better than canon.
Old 2013-03-14, 00:05   Link #40807
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, I think that in canon Japan got the short end of the stick in relation to the rest of the world, or at least that's the way I'm planing it in my fic.

Like in the rest of the world, life proceedes as usual, with the exception that corrupt and stupid male politicians and people on high positions were called to justify their actions. And is a little harder to the actual males to get positions inside the goverment or a work related to it, but this also improved the way that the "jury" chooses.

However in japan, after years of treating the women as object, finally they felt divine retribution. And i think is even harder to the males there to get a good job without someone who avails you.

Well, that's the way I think it is.
Old 2013-03-14, 00:21   Link #40808
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Exactly

Much more liberal country will mostly unaffected, take USA or France for example. (I do expect payroll flip though, Men got 10-20% extra wage by default)

For the sheer irony, Chinese probably got it worse than even Japan.
Old 2013-03-14, 00:22   Link #40809
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I forgot to mention:

Males are still being conscripted in times of war...because IS are not allowed to use in war. Even if IS are used, most like males would be used as cannon fodder/meat shields to delay it until the country's own IS arrive.

Yep....life sucks for men but you know what?

Society: You ARE A MAN! Suck it up!
Man: My pride as man is at stake!!
Old 2013-03-14, 00:28   Link #40810
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You forgot age

By default I.S. invalidate major war.

Conscript is a WASTE OF MONEY in peacetime. (likewise with super soldiers)

Wars will be fought by proxy, you pool weapons and smuggle it to a war torn third world country who doesn't even got the LUXURY of having an I.S., much less developing a new model.

Instead of conscription, we have the freedom fighters.
Old 2013-03-14, 01:33   Link #40811
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Maybe not the type of invalidate it, but who has the bigger club on the balance of power. I mean, not everytime an IS can be engaged for combat in a war.

Maybe it changed the way how is fought.

@age that reminded me of south park on the whole meat shield.

-------------

Anyway... Random draft!

Spoiler:

opinions?
Old 2013-03-14, 01:50   Link #40812
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
I forgot to mention:

Males are still being conscripted in times of war...because IS are not allowed to use in war. Even if IS are used, most like males would be used as cannon fodder/meat shields to delay it until the country's own IS arrive.

Yep....life sucks for men but you know what?

Society: You ARE A MAN! Suck it up!
Man: My pride as man is at stake!!
"There is a fine line between guts and brains."
- Herb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Spoiler:

opinions?
Hmm, does gives off a sense of curiosity. Tell me, is this from the Prologue or the First chapter?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 01:56   Link #40813
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@jak The first chapter most likely. I wrote it last night.
Old 2013-03-14, 02:07   Link #40814
DarkJak2050

And the name of the fic?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 02:11   Link #40815
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@ jak

I put it some pages ago, but i think it got lost...

Anyway, the name is Infinite Generations.
Old 2013-03-14, 06:48   Link #40816
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have learned that hot teachers are never a good thing... Never.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 09:34   Link #40817
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You forgot age

By default I.S. invalidate major war.

Conscript is a WASTE OF MONEY in peacetime. (likewise with super soldiers)

Wars will be fought by proxy, you pool weapons and smuggle it to a war torn third world country who doesn't even got the LUXURY of having an I.S., much less developing a new model.

Instead of conscription, we have the freedom fighters.
*cough*A nation has to maintain an army even in peace time.*cough*

Which means, for those nations with conscript laws in place, guys still have to serve the army regardless what.

Beside,
In the worst case scenario where a war really break out.

The limited number of IS means they have to position it tactically and really need men to hold the line against their enemies until their IS arrive (or never.....depending on the situation. In either case, men are screwed if the enemy's IS arrive before their IS.)

====

Quote:
@age that reminded me of south park on the whole meat shield.
it is not really that bad... just metaphorically speaking.

The scenario is: You need men to delay the IS. Everything(tactics, skills...etc) will be thrown in but considering that conventional weapons doesn't work on IS...

It is only a matter of time before they die but at the very least, they bought some time for the country.

Edit: Come of think of it.... Kind of like Mass Effect. IS is the equivalent of a Reaper's Harbinger and men are....well... people fighting against it. Many will die trying to stop one.

==
Quote:
"There is a fine line between guts and brains."
- Herb Brooks
Most humans aren't exactly known for being rational.
Old 2013-03-14, 10:07   Link #40818
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Regular army
Unlike conscript, they join willingly, screening is much tighter, training is more expensive but consistently good and morale is high, etc etc

What I meant is conscription is highly inefficient during peacetime. The times of war... that would be different, but then again, when conscription needed, it would be a total war on par with historical WWI and WWII.

Mine is less manpower dumping and more war materials, see, there's this factory that's mostly there to waste money for maintenance. Next thing you knew it's pumping 10 war machine per week...
Old 2013-03-14, 10:20   Link #40819
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Regular army
Unlike conscript, they join willingly, screening is much tighter, training is more expensive but consistently good and morale is high, etc etc

What I meant is conscription is highly inefficient during peacetime. The times of war... that would be different, but then again, that would be a total war on par with historical WWI and WWII, no army these days are THAT undermanned, not even the estranged corner of Africa.
Inefficient but still exist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscript

By that I mean nation service. Male must serve in the army unless he wanted to denounce his citizenship.
Old 2013-03-14, 10:43   Link #40820
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, so you're talking about Israeli or some backward military junta

Moving on.

Note that Chinese had zero case of draft since revolution, despite government policy. The recruits are THAT superflous, and money is not infinite.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest