AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-28, 01:21   Link #61
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I dunno if I'm allowed to post this here, but oh well its got to do with a fanfic anyway.

How much is there to know about Nanoha's injury? I've been puzzling over it as to when it occured for it has great impact on my Files series. I've worked out roughly the injuries she sustained from that flashback of Vita's in the manga, but I lack a date of the incident. I tried inferring it from the other threads, but I realized that there's more fiction there than here. Oh the irony, no?

Anyway, any details are welcome. I just can't write without it hanging over my head...
Considering timeline, the only thing we know for certain about the injury is that Nanoha was still wearing her first Barrier Jacket design (you can see the triangular frills on her skirt). Seeing as how you've set your Green Planet story when Nanoha got her new BJ, for purposes of your fic it would've had to happen before Nanoha wades through Ichor

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:52   Link #62
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Thanks Chaos and Lowe!

From ur posts I think that I got to adjust her age, cos Nanoha does look rather big in that flashback compared to Vita, despite the BJ. At the moment its been briefly mentioned that she's 12 during Green Planet's prologue, and given the forum discussions plus my above point it seems that it'll be more appropiate to tag the mission at 14 instead, making her 13 at the time of incident. My guess is that Nanoha would be OOA for half a year considering the damages, which is very fast compared to our muggle heal rate.

What do you guys think? Should I update the age or keep it? Because even though its a crossover I'm trying my best to keep it in canon as the early Files were meant to bridge the long gap between A's and StrikerS in a fun way that demonstrates the multi-dimensional nature of TSAB. One day, when more details come out, I might release the full File on the "White Demon Down" incident, if Seven Arc doesn't.
Old 2007-04-28, 11:27   Link #63
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I just realized that I needed some facts sorted out while shifting the date of Green Planet later. Babysitting, appearances or other arrangements of sorts that would otherwise be affected by a long term callout into ichor.

Firstly, where and when was Erio found/adopted?

And did Fate really adopt Caro? What's her relationship to Caro?
Old 2007-04-28, 18:39   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Firstly, where and when was Erio found/adopted?
A research facility, not sure which. This was estimated to be some time ,but not long, before the start of the A's to StrikerS manga.

Quote:
And did Fate really adopt Caro? What's her relationship to Caro?
No evidence to prove that she adopted Carol. From the "Starting Stars", she's just her Guardian. Oh and apparently, Fate had saved her before.
Old 2007-04-28, 21:36   Link #65
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Hi, guys

Just wanna inform all of you readers that The Sleeping Lyrical won't be updated until next Monday (which is tomorrow) as I'm facing serious setback with my thumb drive (it has the file needed for the update; grrr, I knew I should've used my backup drive )

And to keep everyone waiting, here's some sneak peek:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-28, 21:56   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess I should get back to writing again, since I'm currently on WoW detoxification
Old 2007-04-28, 22:11   Link #67
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I might write a ChronoXHayate fanfiction after watching this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf4BwesMB_M

Now to search for more ideas.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-04-28, 22:19   Link #68
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Has it ever been mentioned how long has Graham knew about Hayate's possessionship of the Tome? How long since since Hayate's parents died? Since when had he "paid" for her living expenses?

My examinations end in in 4 days, and being the Graham fan that I am, I kinda want to write a tragic prequel one-shot about Graham's painful decision to use that method to seal the Tome.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-29, 00:49   Link #69
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Looks like I'm back (thank goodness I have my backup Storage Device with me ). As I promised, as soon as I can get back to track, I'm going to update The Sleeping Lyrical. *impersonates Leonidas* Tonight, we'll update in Hell!

Now, will you please excuse me while I go and continue my bass lesson? *goes to listen to Yellow Submarine*

Err... refresh my memory regarding Gill Graham.
Old 2007-04-29, 01:06   Link #70
Erio
Hiromi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

Wow, that video was better than what I was expecting. Hayate and Chrono fit quite perfectly there. I hope you write that fiction. I'll be looking forward to it!
Old 2007-04-29, 03:20   Link #71
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Wow, that video was better than what I was expecting. Hayate and Chrono fit quite perfectly there. I hope you write that fiction. I'll be looking forward to it!
I believe that clip is made from this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfJKpbl7eEg

Anyways for the HayateXChrono story. I have 2 options.

a. Do it like Z gundam (they are on opposite sides) (But I need to change the A's storyline to match it.)

b. They are friends but their relationship gets deeper.

I don't know, what do you think is better?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-04-29, 03:41   Link #72
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess I should get back to writing again, since I'm currently on WoW detoxification
Interest ya in ah "peint" then, mi lad? *slaps dwarven belly and laughs* It's fer teh tip!

Quote:

*applauds the video*

Nice idea for you too. Have you got a timeline out? Is it going to be before Chrono "knocks up" Amy? Or is it going to be an AU?

I'd take b) if its in canon, but a) if its an AU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Has it ever been mentioned how long has Graham knew about Hayate's possessionship of the Tome? How long since since Hayate's parents died? Since when had he "paid" for her living expenses?

My examinations end in in 4 days, and being the Graham fan that I am, I kinda want to write a tragic prequel one-shot about Graham's painful decision to use that method to seal the Tome.
Goodie! Hope to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Looks like I'm back (thank goodness I have my backup Storage Device with me ). As I promised, as soon as I can get back to track, I'm going to update The Sleeping Lyrical. *impersonates Leonidas* Tonight, we'll update in Hell!

Now, will you please excuse me while I go and continue my bass lesson? *goes to listen to Yellow Submarine*
People watching your play has to buy insurance, but due to the high death rate of the audience, no insurance company is gonna sell one.

*Profuse Nasal Haemorrhage*

You had to! You had to!

*Tries not to think dirty*

It's a sin... It's a sin... I'm a pure and innocent Cleric... It's a sin...

*fails anyway*

Anyway, jolly good show!
Old 2007-04-29, 03:56   Link #73
Aaron008R

Quote:

Yes, please! Finally, a fic with my favorite non-canon pairing!

Quote:
I believe that clip is made from this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfJKpbl7eEg

Anyways for the HayateXChrono story. I have 2 options.

a. Do it like Z gundam (they are on opposite sides) (But I need to change the A's storyline to match it.)

b. They are friends but their relationship gets deeper.

I don't know, what do you think is better?
I'm not really a fic writer but maybe I could be of even a little help. So,

a) If it goes like the KamilleXFour relationship, it would make sinse since Four does get the higher firepower (Psycho Gundam) in the series; Hayate obviously has the higher payload of power of the two. But if you intend on going through with this idea, please don't kill off Hayate.

b) If it goes like this, then Hayate would likely be the playful old friend who likes to embarass the male protagonist a lot. I guess it fits because Hayate does have a mischievous-yet-innocent streak in her. It would be nice.

In any case, either of the two will scenarios will do for me. I hope I was able to at least made your decision making easier. I'm looking forward to your fic!
Old 2007-04-29, 03:58   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Yes, please! Finally, a fic with my favorite non-canon pairing!

Ahem...

*points at self, then points at self's fic*
Old 2007-04-29, 04:07   Link #75
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ahem...

*points at self, then points at self's fic*

I'm sorry! It kinda slipped out of my mind because of the excitement. I never meant to be ungrateful. Don't worry, the Hayate arc in your fic was my favorite of the three.

It's just that the (hopefully) upcoming fic would have HXC as one of the main focuses of a (hopefully again) long story got me really anticipating.
Old 2007-04-29, 04:10   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

I'm sorry! It kinda slipped out of my mind because of the excitement. I never meant to be ungrateful. Don't worry, the Hayate arc in your fic was my favorite of the three.
Lol, no harm no harm, I was just playing ...
Old 2007-04-29, 05:04   Link #77
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
a quick idea nonetheless for an HxC pairing

Hayate gets in a somewhat very down state, Chrono comforts her

usual friendship

Hayate realizes some feelings

<insert what goes next here - too lazy>

---

on the note of Admiral Graham in A's:
Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2007-04-29, 07:15   Link #78
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
on the note of Admiral Graham in A's:
Spoiler for Theory:
OMG I didn't notice that!

*rummages through collection*
Old 2007-04-29, 07:54   Link #79
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Err... refresh my memory regarding Gill Graham.
Gil Graham was the one who planned the "Seal Hayate + Tome of Darkness" for all eternity in a prison dimension.

The thing is that, since Graham was Hayate's financial backer for at least a few years minimum, he'd clearly knew of Hayate's possessionship of the Tome. I thought "How?" and Graham didn't strike to me as the type of man who'd jump on such a heartless even if realistic and works in a long term basis plan to literally destroy a small girl's future for the sake of others. Besides, if he knew early, he could've planned a lot of things in advance, but the fact that his familiars moved after TSAB got involved kinda hints something... in my mind, I like to think of it that he's made up his mind to use the most "effective but evil" method after it's too late...as if the Knights already awakened.

Hmm...I may write a few sentence sneak preview (( Really...I should be studying instead of doing this... )) in a day or 2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-29, 09:07   Link #80
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ Or, he may have that plan in mind, but his conscience got in the way of his determination to go ahead with it. So he gives Hayate his financial support, so he can ease the moral wrangling going about in his head, while he's trying to find an alternative. But since he can't after several years, and with the Tome already awakened, and with the TSAB seemingly not getting anywhere on the case, he had no choice but to go ahead with his original plan to seal Hayate along with the tome.

At least, that's my take on it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread