Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 19:26   Link #2081
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
You realize that there are at least several weeks between that scene and their arrival on Lancastar? Everyone has to prepare for their performance as well as the completely new song for the understudies. Also around ~14:30 you can see Takamina in her concert dress which means that she will participate.
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by "now".
I thought you were referring to the stair climbing scene.

Agreed, Takamina said it herself that she should be fine by the time of the concert.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 21:28   Link #2082
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't expect an answer to the Center Nova mystery with only two episodes left, but I'd feel satisfied if they at least explain why Chieri's kirara follows her around.
then hoping for cliffhanger in ep 13 about the mystery so that we'll know there's a 2nd season coming

i hope they don't rush it and make them fight des and then uncover the mystery in the next 2 ep...D:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 00:32   Link #2083
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If so, I think she's underestimating (or unaware of) the level of emotional turmoil all of 0048, trainees and successors alike, are dealing with. Right now I don't think either group is capable of putting on a proper performance. They've lost their emotional harmony, as cheesy as that may sound, and until they can recover it they won't be able to put on the concert that's required of them.
What you said about harmony in this post and before may be a reason related with what Nagisa could have to be Center Novae material that the others don't have.

On episode 2 Nagisa argues with Chieri that while 00 may be competitive and the members may be rivals of each other, if they're all against each other they wouldn't be able to have such a good teamwork and trust each other, and that is the kind of 00 Nagisa wants to join. That's when the Kirara shines. With that mentality she is wishing for a 00 with harmony.
Old 2012-07-11, 00:51   Link #2084
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
What you said about harmony in this post and before may be a reason related with what Nagisa could have to be Center Novae material that the others don't have.

With that mentality she is wishing for a 00 with harmony.
Well, to reach actual harmony they probably should abolish the center position for good, since as long as you have a reason to compete there will always be some amount of disorder.

But AKB is a competitive environment, and despite Nagisa's views and the current state of disarray among the members, I don't think the series is criticizing this point in particular. If anything, the series seems to ask Nagisa to grow and change to fit into the system and her new position.

At any rate, all we know for certain is that Nagisa was chosen because she can make kirara glow (although it's only when she's together with Chieri but alas...) Maybe the last two episodes will give us a better justification, maybe not. We'll see...
Old 2012-07-11, 01:38   Link #2085
Kazu-kun

Sorry for the double post but:

Also can anyone translate Chieri's line at the end?
Old 2012-07-11, 01:48   Link #2086
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wow, I hope the actual episode isn't as dark (visually, not thematically) as that preview. I could hardly even see the characters at the beginning. The backgrounds are almost totally invisible.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 01:55   Link #2087
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Wow, I hope the actual episode isn't as dark (visually, not thematically) as that preview. I could hardly even see the characters at the beginning. The backgrounds are almost totally invisible.
Eh, YouTube quality. I'm sure it'll look nice in HD.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:02   Link #2088
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Sorry for the double post but:

Also can anyone translate Chieri's line at the end?
The final line? I've heard the pieces of it before. As I recall, it would be something like "I won't lose in a place like this." Well, technically she said "In a place like this" first and then "I won't lose," but it parses better the other way in English.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 02:07   Link #2089
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
something like "I won't lose in a place like this."
Yeah that's pretty much what I thought she was saying. Thanks!

On another note, beautiful shot:

Old 2012-07-11, 08:19   Link #2090
mochichan

Why are they crawling around in the dark?
so it's real that Nagisa is trying to save her dad?
Old 2012-07-11, 23:09   Link #2091
chaosprophet

Next episode text preview is out.
I tried translating it:
Spoiler for ep12 pv:

Most of the text preview this time is mostly retelling things from last episode. Those last two lines though... @.@

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-07-12 at 07:19.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 23:16   Link #2092
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Most of the text preview this time is mostly retelling things from last episode. Those last two lines though... @.@
They really cheated with the preview this time. They don't want to tell us anything.

About the last line, I'm guessing his doing it for her sake.
Old 2012-07-11, 23:22   Link #2093
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Next episode text preview is out.
I tried translating it:
Spoiler for ep12 pv:

Pretty nice translation. Have you been learning Japanese for a long time?

Btw, it's a detainment facility not a reception facility.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 23:50   Link #2094
Kazu-kun

Spoiler for episode 12 preview:

Chieri's too fucking badass. I expected her to pull off something out of her hat but this is a little beyond my expectations. I'm dying to see that scene in HD.
Old 2012-07-12, 00:11   Link #2095
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 12 preview:

Chieri's too fucking badass. I expected her to pull off something out of her hat but this is a little beyond my expectations. I'm dying to see that scene in HD.

Same sentiment here. I wonder where she got more combat training -- from her dad's PMC praetorian guards, I suppose?
Old 2012-07-12, 07:28   Link #2096
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Pretty nice translation. Have you been learning Japanese for a long time?
I've been learning it for around 3 years. But I'm only able to do translations like that with the help of online tolls. I do have enough grammar knowledge that together with a online dictionary I can translate some lines that aren't too hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Same sentiment here. I wonder where she got more combat training -- from her dad's PMC praetorian guards, I suppose?
I believe she just been training for a long time. From all the girls on that audition, Chieri was the only one that really understood what it meant to be part of 0048.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:00   Link #2097
mochichan

Awesome~ JEDI CHIERI <3

Kawamori talk about AKB0048. is there anything important about this? they mentioned the disappearance of Acchan too.
Old 2012-07-12, 12:27   Link #2098
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Awesome~ JEDI CHIERI <3
I can't wait to see Jedi Knight Chieri in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Kawamori talk about AKB0048. is there anything important about this? they mentioned the disappearance of Acchan too.
Is anyone willing to translate what he is saying?
Old 2012-07-12, 12:34   Link #2099
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Is anyone willing to translate what he is saying?
Giving it a try, wait a bit. XD

EDIT: Ok, it's 5 pages long so it's way too big for someone at my level to give a detailed translation. I will only give a basic idea:

Kawamori comments about how the idea evolved after being asked to make a AKB48 themed anime. He learned more about AKB48 and was surprised with how much hard it is for the girls mentally and decide to make an anime to depict that.

The near future setting and succession system was used so it could give them more freedom on creating the story. He also explains how did he come up with those ideas.

The story was originally supposed to be about a girl that would be suddenly promoted to Maeda Atsuko the 13th, but after seeing research students performing as substitutes to actual members that weren't around he was surprised at how good they were and decide to focus the story on them showing their grown rather than focusing in the successors.

He then talks about how the succession system turned on a core part of the drama. Some of it comes from some stories he heard from the group management staff, one which was similar to the situation with Takamina on episode 9, where a member that was ill comes back at the last minute before the concert and tells the under that was going to cover for her to take her clothes off and give back to her. That story end up as a good hint for how they would make the relationship between successors and unders.

He also say that one of the reasons it was decided that Maeda Atsuko the 13th would disappear as because her name carry a very strong presence, and coupled with her strong rivalry with Yuuko, it could take away the focus from the research students.

He also comments he was glad they used the succession idea when they heard Maeda Atsuko was graduating

And that is the first part of a two part interview. Seems like the second part will come later.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2012-07-12 at 18:07.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 17:56   Link #2100
Raiga
tl;dr

So Acchan's real graduation and her disappearance in the anime was a complete coincidence.

Funny how these things happen, eh?

Also, that's a long interview. If I ever have 3 hours to spare then maybe, but I'll pass for now. Chaosprophet got most of the important points.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime