AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-26, 21:28   Link #2941
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
All spirits after the first would cease to exist according to Kurumi, though we don't know about them since they're "artificial" spirits.

I would bet though that since Phantom turned them into spirits, he/she has some connection to them him/herself. (whether he/she is a spirit or he/she just used the spirits' power to find a way to make humans into spirits) So if all spirits after the first cease to exist, Kotori and Miku would go on as if spirits had never come into their lives.
Well, Kotori would go on, but I think Miku would be dead.
IIRC, Miku after going through some serious hardships due to false scandals (when she was still a human idol) and then losing her voice, Miku contemplate on or was going to commit suicide. If "Spirits" never came into her life she may or would have gone through with the suicide.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-05-26 at 23:33.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 21:33   Link #2942
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Assuming Kurumi's plan is successful , what would happen to Kotori and Miku ? IIRC aren't they both humans who were turned into "Spirits".
its safe to assume that Kotori will live and if Miku's past doesnt change she would have committed suicide considering her circumstances before she became a spirit...

sad to say my credit cards keep on rejecting so I can't top up my itunes account to buy the book for encore earliest next month i'll try unless the raw (pirate DL) comes out
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:11   Link #2943
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder about the naming of the Spirit's weapons. Are they Kanji or just regular Japanese words?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:21   Link #2944
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wonder about the naming of the Spirit's weapons. Are they Kanji or just regular Japanese words?
they are kanji with furigana to be exact katakana
Old 2013-05-26, 22:23   Link #2945
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
they are kanji with furigana to be exact katakana
How does it work exactly, Kanji is quite interesting.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 00:20   Link #2946
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
How does it work exactly, Kanji is quite interesting.
The furigana is the actual reading of how the kanji should be read. There are times where the kanji isn't read normally as they are (as in, they are different in meaning than if used normally), but instead read as English words or loanwords in general (indicated by the furigana).

Generally the kanji chosen to represent the names are close enough to the meaning though.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 00:22   Link #2947
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
The thing is, the way Kurumi comes off doing it, she doesn't want to make it seem like she's being noble about her goal of making the incidents (spacequakes, Spirits appearing etc.). She obviously has her own selfish reasons for this, not wanting to experience the suffering and indignation of being hunted to death on a regular basis even though none of any of the Spirits wanted to appear out of nowhere and cause a spacequake out of their own accord. She might seem evil but definitely there's some good in her.

With regards to the time paradox issue, it would definitely make it that the current Spirits who exist in the world disappear, along with Shidou's ability to seal and act as a container for those powers (unless his ability to seal Spirit powers were from birth). Somehow I think the Phantom is just an entity who does things on a whim, but there's a possibility said entity might also come from the dimension where the Spirits were originally from as well. With all being said, I find the possibility of Kurumi causing the spacequake near zero since it is unlikely that she would appear without the First Spirit actually doing so.
Maybe she's acting like that to prevent a time paradox from forming? I don't think it's just because of what she's experienced in this world.

That would depend on whether killing the first Spirit affects the dimension that the Spirits come from as well. From what Kurumi's doing, killing off the first Spirit will apparently prevent the other Spirits from coming into existence (causing a grandfather paradox; though if this is a stable time loop then it's implied that she failed), though we don't know how. So unless Phantom turns out to be the first Spirit, killing the first Spirit would still enable Phantom to do its thing.

Maybe the spacequake is caused by the fight between Kurumi and the first Spirit? Who knows?
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 01:00   Link #2948
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Maybe she's acting like that to prevent a time paradox from forming? I don't think it's just because of what she's experienced in this world.
See, if that were the case her goal is really noble, because to have considered a time paradox in trying to prevent the first spacequake from happening and factoring it in her plans... not many in her shoes would have thought it through this thoroughly. There is another possibility however, and that is Kurumi actually being afraid of forming any sort of attachment to the world, since it would mean she would not be able to follow through her plan, and not having to consider any personal feelings or potentially conflicting decisions in trying to kill the First Spirit.

Quote:
That would depend on whether killing the first Spirit affects the dimension that the Spirits come from as well. From what Kurumi's doing, killing off the first Spirit will apparently prevent the other Spirits from coming into existence (causing a grandfather paradox; though if this is a stable time loop then it's implied that she failed), though we don't know how. So unless Phantom turns out to be the first Spirit, killing the first Spirit would still enable Phantom to do its thing.
This is dependent on the fact that if there are alternate timelines which still have Spirits crossing over to the present world from their dimension, irrespective of whether the first spacequake actually happens or the First Spirit actually causes it. Kurumi might fail in that instance, regardless of whether she is successful in her goal.

Apart from this, we have not a clue as to whether the Phantom is a Spirit or simply an entity from the other dimension that governs Spirit powers. This is a plot point that hasn't been covered, but hopefully it will in the next couple of volumes, or possibly when all ten Spirits have finally made an appearance.

Quote:
Maybe the spacequake is caused by the fight between Kurumi and the first Spirit? Who knows?
Here's the interesting thing about spacequakes in this series thus far: the first one that is caused brings over the Spirits from their own dimension. With Kurumi and Kotori it's been proven that the Spirits can cause spacequakes out of their own accord, independent of the first one that is caused (which is the one they have no control over).
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 01:22   Link #2949
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
See, if that were the case her goal is really noble, because to have considered a time paradox in trying to prevent the first spacequake from happening and factoring it in her plans... not many in her shoes would have thought it through this thoroughly.

This is dependent on the fact that if there are alternate timelines which still have Spirits crossing over to the present world from their dimension, irrespective of whether the first spacequake actually happens or the First Spirit actually causes it. Kurumi might fail in that instance, regardless of whether she is successful in her goal.

Apart from this, we have not a clue as to whether the Phantom is a Spirit or simply an entity from the other dimension that governs Spirit powers. This is a plot point that hasn't been covered, but hopefully it will in the next couple of volumes, or possibly when all ten Spirits have finally made an appearance.

Here's the interesting thing about spacequakes in this series thus far: the first one that is caused brings over the Spirits from their own dimension. With Kurumi and Kotori it's been proven that the Spirits can cause spacequakes out of their own accord, independent of the first one that is caused (which is the one they have no control over).
Yeah I know, I didn't say it wasn't.

Well, Kurumi was pretty sure that it wouldn't fail. Maybe she knows more about what would happen than we do.

You're right about that plot point, but I doubt it'll be covered that fast...

Maybe they fight in that other dimension then they come over together, causing a giant spacequake... And Spirits don't always cause spacequakes when they come over, remember. So yeah, two possibilities.
Old 2013-05-27, 03:43   Link #2950
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Well, Kotori would go on, but I think Miku would be dead.
IIRC, Miku after going through some serious hardships due to false scandals (when she was still a human idol) and then losing her voice, Miku contemplate on or was going to commit suicide. If "Spirits" never came into her life she may or would have gone through with the suicide.
That's what I'm saying. Kotori and Miku would go on as if spirits had never come into their lives, thus whatever would have happened to Miku had she not become a spirit would happen.
Old 2013-05-27, 06:21   Link #2951
Anonymous9724

Then why is kurumi searching for the second spirit
Anonymous9724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 06:45   Link #2952
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous9724 View Post
Then why is kurumi searching for the second spirit
Apparently the Second spirit knows the location of the First Spirit.
Old 2013-05-27, 06:51   Link #2953
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Apparently the Second spirit knows the location of the First Spirit.
What's the bigger question is how she knows that the second Spirit knows where the first Spirit is, in the first place, and is the only one who knows, to boot.

Guess we have to wait till her next appearance to find out. ~_~
Old 2013-05-27, 10:12   Link #2954
Saranghae_x3

Jesus, finally finished reading through 148 pages...took a while.

Kotori seems to be my favourite character right now anyway, I'm really curious who the
2nd spirit is.

^
<3 Sig made by capture
Saranghae_x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 10:28   Link #2955
Algester

we dont have a clue about her name or powers but may have the kanji for 2... as if thats going to help pft... sih... as someone representing Chokmah (highest potential of thought)[Wisdom] probably a Sage or of similar atmosphere about her, may have blue color in her astral dress or name, and the Angel's name is Raziel (probably a staff of sorts),

Last edited by Algester; 2013-05-27 at 10:40.
Old 2013-05-27, 10:29   Link #2956
Soji

I think you guys don't have thought of another option(about the whole Tohaka and the other disappear if what Kurumi want really happen), I mean if human can become spirit there is the chance (ok is minimal , but still posible) that spirit can become human.

Is not like we know everything about this story or about the sprit.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 10:52   Link #2957
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I think you guys don't have thought of another option(about the whole Tohaka and the other disappear if what Kurumi want really happen), I mean if human can become spirit there is the chance (ok is minimal , but still posible) that spirit can become human.

Is not like we know everything about this story or about the sprit.
heck we don't know about Tohka, Kurumi, Yamai twins, Yoshino and whether or not they were once human or were like that already to begin with, we already have evidence that normal humans can become spirits as such case for Miku and Kotori but as for what and why we don't know in Miku's case it was extreme suicidal desperation that led her given the powers by the phantom, as for Kotori I'm not sure either, nor do we even know about Origami who would more or less be significant later in the plot instead of a stalker for Shidou and a butt monkey for combat since she bares the name of 1 and that DEM will soon be experimenting if its possible for mere humans to wield an Angel and perhaps integrate them in their technology, Shidou seems to be excluded in this case since he's also borderline non-human, do take note that DEM currently has number 2 in line
Old 2013-05-27, 11:02   Link #2958
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
heck we don't know about Tohka, Kurumi, Yamai twins, Yoshino and whether or not they were once human or were like that already to begin with, we already have evidence that normal humans can become spirits as such case for Miku and Kotori but as for what and why we don't know in Miku's case it was extreme suicidal desperation that led her given the powers by the phantom, as for Kotori I'm not sure either, nor do we even know about Origami who would more or less be significant later in the plot instead of a stalker for Shidou and a butt monkey for combat since she bares the name of 1 and that DEM will soon be experimenting if its possible for mere humans to wield an Angel and perhaps integrate them in their technology, Shidou seems to be excluded in this case since he's also borderline non-human, do take note that DEM currently has number 2 in line
The Kotori back then was a crybaby and she thought that everyone forgot her 9th birthday and she wanted to be stronger so her onii-chan could love her more, etc etc. That was when Phantom approached her and granted her wish... but not in the way she intended it to be.

Lol Origami, speculation is rife that Phantom will approach her later on and turn her into a Spirit.

I'm sure Shidou still counts as a human though. All Phantom did to him was steal his memories.
Old 2013-05-27, 11:08   Link #2959
Algester

Quote:
The Kotori back then was a crybaby and she thought that everyone forgot her 9th birthday and she wanted to be stronger so her onii-chan could love her more, etc etc. That was when Phantom approached her and granted her wish... but not in the way she intended it to be.

Lol Origami, speculation is rife that Phantom will approach her later on and turn her into a Spirit.

I'm sure Shidou still counts as a human though. All Phantom did to him was steal his memories.
ohh so the Phantom appeared to her on her 9th birthday... well I personally havent read her volume yet as... well it was still incomplete last time I checked, that explains the desperate time she had that the phantom appeared in front of her.

lol not only did the Phantom stole his memories it may have been the one responsible on why Shidou has the ability to seal a Spirit's power and use them (I speculate this may have been the case, but I could be wrong like really really wrong)

Yes I still speculate something will happen to Origami that will make her do the impossible, like say a visit from the phantom and be hunted by her own comrades as a consequence, I mean all the significance of Keter is already in her, she's still waiting for Shidou to probably take the initiative and has been seducing him endlessly since (Keter also has a connotation of "wait"), and Keter's representative color is white; her hair color is a dead give away and the weapon she gets from DEM from using it is also called White Licorice
Old 2013-05-27, 11:33   Link #2960
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
ohh so the Phantom appeared to her on her 9th birthday... well I personally havent read her volume yet as... well it was still incomplete last time I checked, that explains the desperate time she had that the phantom appeared in front of her.

lol not only did the Phantom stole his memories it may have been the one responsible on why Shidou has the ability to seal a Spirit's power and use them (I speculate this may have been the case, but I could be wrong like really really wrong)

Yes I still speculate something will happen to Origami that will make her do the impossible, like say a visit from the phantom and be hunted by her own comrades as a consequence, I mean all the significance of Keter is already in her, she's still waiting for Shidou to probably take the initiative and has been seducing him endlessly since (Keter also has a connotation of "wait"), and Keter's representative color is white; her hair color is a dead give away and the weapon she gets from DEM from using it is also called White Licorice
It's still incomplete on BT, it's just that I read the Chinese translations. Though I seem to keep getting the info from there wrong.

Lol, my speculation is that any human can seal a Spirit's powers, just that Shidou is the only one who actually tried it before. And Phantom chose him because Kotori's affection level for him was high back then (and it still is).

Torn between her love crush and her team, what will she choose...? That'd be some actual character development for her lol. Also, we may have some insight on why she actually likes him in the first place.

But then Origami couldn't have caused the spacequake 30 years ago because she wasn't even born back then! So my guess is that Spirit powers are transferable, with Phantom being the middle...entity.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy