AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-07, 06:09   Link #1161
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Hi, folks. Cornelia li Britannia is up for her match in SaiGar - the tournament of badarseness. If you admire Cornelia's resolve in Geass, please consider voting for her.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 09:38   Link #1162
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Hi, folks. Cornelia li Britannia is up for her match in SaiGar - the tournament of badarseness. If you admire Cornelia's resolve in Geass, please consider voting for her.
I admire Cornelia's resolve in Geass
She-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 01:20   Link #1163
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Wow, I can actually read the english texts and articles in Code Geass without wincing from bad grammar.
Old 2008-04-28, 03:00   Link #1164
s1991q

I'm not sure if this is right place for it, but anyways.

Does anyone know if Code Geass R2 is popular in it's prime time slot? As in, is it attracting a lot of viewers? Because a few people have been saying it hasn't been faring to well - I don't want it to get cancelled >.<
s1991q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 03:16   Link #1165
4Tran

From the anime ratings thread, Code Geass' first three episodes got 3.0, 2.6, and 2.8 respectively. It's not exactly great ratings for an afternoon show, but it's unlikely to be canceled either - Code Geass' merchandising potential is enough to ensure that (Code Geass is one of the better selling non-Gundam anime out there).
Old 2008-05-01, 11:11   Link #1166
4Tran

Updating the ratings information, it looks like Code Geass episode 4 just got a rating of 1.4. While the ratings of a single episode usually isn't too indicative, such a precipitious drop is a matter of concern, and suggests that the change in timeslot was a failure. There's still no danger of the show getting canceled or anything like that, but it looks like the creators have been unable to garner a new audience, and that the current viewers are the same fans that tuned in for the first season. It's still possible for Code Geass' later episodes to pick up steam, but it's looking like extremely remote odds at this time.
Old 2008-05-01, 12:48   Link #1167
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well despite all that, apparently the planner for Code Geass (along with Zeta Gundam, PlanetES, Char's Counterttack, Turn A Gundam etc) has been promoted to the position of president of Sunrise. I guess when you've done all that you've kind of earned it. I'm also glad it was somebody behind some of their best series and not say, the guy that planned Gundam Seed Destiny or the Mai series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:50   Link #1168
KrimzonStriker

Ah, Char's Counter-attack, how I miss the Red Comet >_>

Good to hear about the promotion anyway
Old 2008-05-01, 23:54   Link #1169
zbouz

I was wondering about something i saw a screenshot of code geass where the girls were in a sauna and i dont remember ever seeing that during the whole 1st season. so was that an episode or just something else?
zbouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 00:07   Link #1170
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbouz View Post
I was wondering about something i saw a screenshot of code geass where the girls were in a sauna and i dont remember ever seeing that during the whole 1st season. so was that an episode or just something else?
it's a dvd extra. The "picture books" are included in each of the 9 volumes, and go from absolutely ridiculous to quite sad.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 00:16   Link #1171
zbouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
it's a dvd extra. The "picture books" are included in each of the 9 volumes, and go from absolutely ridiculous to quite sad.
OK not really sure what your saying but is there anyway to dl it or is the only way to watch it is buying the DVD?
and the Picture book thing so there just pictures not an actual episode?
Old 2008-05-02, 00:34   Link #1172
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
OK not really sure what your saying but is there anyway to dl it or is the only way to watch it is buying the DVD?
and the Picture book thing so there just pictures not an actual episode?
Code Geass and Code Geass R2 are licensed!
Old 2008-05-02, 00:57   Link #1173
zbouz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Thx for the info but 1 last question the picture thing there just pictures not actual anime right just pictures changing every few seconds.
Old 2008-05-02, 01:38   Link #1174
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Thx for the info but 1 last question the picture thing there just pictures not actual anime right just pictures changing every few seconds.
Look, rather than continually asking and waiting for a response, why don't you try googling "geass" and "picture drama"? Who knows, something just might come up
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 18:51   Link #1175
Cal-Reflector

A question

What exactly is Cornelia's rank in the Army? Wikipedia's article implies she is the Commander in Chief of the Army, but that is not reflected in the Japanese version of the wiki article.
Old 2008-05-09, 18:59   Link #1176
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
What exactly is Cornelia's rank in the Army? Wikipedia's article implies she is the Commander in Chief of the Army, but that is not reflected in the Japanese version of the wiki article.
wouldn't her status as governor general make her...well, a general? >_>

I suppose she's a royal family member before being a military officer in terms of status though, so it may be rather difficult to find out.
Old 2008-05-09, 19:04   Link #1177
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Cornelia's rank is different from the regular military, same with Schneizel or Lelouch(if he hadn't forfeited his chance at the throne) since all of them are prince and princesses.

Here is a sketchy outline of how the army seems to work.

Emperor > Knights of the Round (his personal unit, capable of independent action and don't even have to take orders from prince or princesses)

Emperor > Prince/Princess(ex.Cornelia, Schneizel) > General(Darlton, Alex etc) > Count/Baron > Warrant Soldier > Britannian soldiers
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 19:08   Link #1178
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Cornelia's rank is different from the regular military, same with Schneizel or Lelouch(if he hadn't forfeited his chance at the throne) since all of them are prince and princesses.

Here is a sketchy outline of how the army seems to work.

Emperor > Knights of the Round (his personal unit, capable of independent action and don't even have to take orders from prince or princesses)

Emperor > Prince/Princess(ex.Cornelia, Schneizel) > General(Darlton, Alex etc) > Count/Baron > Warrant Soldier > Britannian soldiers
I'm more comfortable thinking that noble titles and ranks are independent of military ranks, like they are in real life, but that may be how it works.
Old 2008-05-09, 20:33   Link #1179
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
I'm more comfortable thinking that noble titles and ranks are independent of military ranks, like they are in real life, but that may be how it works.
But as I mentioned before this is only a brief look at how it is; since there is several other positions in there including knights of the prince/princesses. Speaking of which I wonder if Nunnally has one? Can't be Suzaku; maybe the potential for a new character filling that spot, not like we need any new ones though.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 21:10   Link #1180
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
The titles and ranks are differnt from military ranks. However, due to "bias", it's a bit obvious that the higher the title, the more likely higher the rank.

The knights are split in two, with one of them being just a title, and the other one being a special rank, more like the security service of the royal family.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote