AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 03:56   Link #241
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Well Wes, from the looks of the next ep's preview it looks like our wish for a proper fleet fight is going to granted next episode. From what I can tell it appears that the generic, front-line, grunt VF is finally going to get some respectable action instead of being just fodder for the baddies.

Here's hoping that they do NUNS and the rest of the fleet some justice.
With any luck, yes, that's what we'll get. What I hope and what I expect are two different things though. What I expect being lots of NUN deathcries, the SMS valiantly holding their own, and Ranka somehow causing the Vajra to sponateously explode. Though realistically they'll withdraw just as a named character (probably Ozma) is about to die.
Old 2008-07-06, 04:45   Link #242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Withdraw? Battle 25 is going tear this (small I guess compared to the main) Varja fleet a new asshole.
Old 2008-07-06, 04:58   Link #243
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Withdraw? Battle 25 is going tear this (small I guess compared to the main) Varja fleet a new asshole.
Glad to hear it. I always enjoy having a fifth of an episode pissed away on a guady and over the top transformation sequence.
Old 2008-07-06, 06:53   Link #244
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Ranka = vajra queen ??? I remember when I saw that rumor a long time ago and thought, "pheff, no way that can be true." Now i'm not so sure
Refer Sara and BirdMan in Macross Zero.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:07   Link #245
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just watched the Raw... Dude, did the Macross just fell APART!? I didn't know Macrosses can rust...
Old 2008-07-06, 09:42   Link #246
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-07-06, 09:45   Link #247
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I just watched the Raw... Dude, did the Macross just fell APART!? I didn't know Macrosses can rust...
It fell apart, but certainly not due to rusting. It imploded after huge bursts of energy were discharged by what appeared to be queen Vajra.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-06, 10:34   Link #248
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Spoiler for :
Grace is a cyborg or android. We haven't heard the last of her. (Pulling a Motoko Kusanagi)

Brera shot the Queen and she got pissed.

Plan 1: Create a Zentradi insurrection using Sheryl.: Not cleared

Plan 2: Get Vajra pissed at humans and Zentradi to attack Frontier: Cleared

Plan 3: Get Humans and Zentradi to hate Vajra by killing the 33rd fleet and Sheryl with a dimension eater: Cleared (But Grace doesn't know Sheryl is alive)

Grace is starting to sound like an the anti-Basara.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:25   Link #249
goodkaji

If the ship shown in this episode is the real SD-F 1, then doesn't that just retconn the Macross 2 series?
Old 2008-07-06, 15:37   Link #250
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkaji View Post
If the ship shown in this episode is the real SD-F 1, then doesn't that just retconn the Macross 2 series?
It's not the SDF-1.
Also, Macross II isn't canon anyway, so no need for retcon.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:28   Link #251
Traece
:cool:

This episode was... Alright. Better than the last one considering I really wasn't a fan of 12... But even so if I was a person who had never ever watched Macross before and this was episode 1, episode 2 better be AWESOME. It would have to make me CRY.
Last episode the romantic bits and the whole Zentradi conflict was a bit out of my <3 zone. This episode the whole thing with the Macross ship was way out of my <3. In fact, </3. I was heartbroken, and here is why:

I don't have much experience in the Macross universe. I've seen a few movies, haven't really seen much of the various Macross animes. From what I have seen, however, the Macross vessel is supposed to be some sort of enormous, awesome, one-of-a-kind death machine (that for reasons beyond our full understanding is most useful when some two-bit singer that people either have NEVER heard of, or don't know much about, sings...). So with that being said... My first glimpse at this discovery of an old Macross relic left me with a bit of a shock. "What? They found one of the old Macross ships?! Sweet! This must be some kind of turning point in the show! They found a superweapon!" Then in the episode where they 'actually' discover it, it dawns on me that this Macross ship belonged to a research fleet.
[Insert Soundclip of a car screeching to a sudden halt and the driver being thrown through the window because of incompetence] Wait what? Super-mega Macross battleship belongs to small research fleet? Does that mean they have Macrosses in other fleets too? What do they do, mass produce these things? Eh... At least the next episode consists of transforming battleship and helpers annihilating Vajra fleet. Hopefully they don't ruin that.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:35   Link #252
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

^ yeah I will say that the beginning was pretty new fan friendly but as we get further into the series a lot of new viewers are going to be scratching their heads.

That being said guys like me who've seen all the various macross series are rolling in the homage love like no tomorrow .
Old 2008-07-06, 20:37   Link #253
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

I don't have much experience in the Macross universe. I've seen a few movies, haven't really seen much of the various Macross animes. From what I have seen, however, the Macross vessel is supposed to be some sort of enormous, awesome, one-of-a-kind death machine (that for reasons beyond our full understanding is most useful when some two-bit singer that people either have NEVER heard of, or don't know much about, sings...). So with that being said... My first glimpse at this discovery of an old Macross relic left me with a bit of a shock. "What? They found one of the old Macross ships?! Sweet! This must be some kind of turning point in the show! They found a superweapon!"

Captain Global in the original referred to the SDF-1 Macross (the first) as a piece of junk.

And if you seen the original, its hard to argue against it.

The Macross itself is actually not very special. It was certainly to the humans who discovered it, but to the Zentradi fleets involved in Space War I, they easily had thousands, of not millions of ships equal or greater in power.

Not that it was a large vessel. Tiny compared to some of the Zent battleships.

The original Macross would have been considered outdated. The 'Global' was a 1st generation Macross vessel, a relic from Space War I. I presume it was attached to the research fleet because it was, well, just a research fleet with more or less a thousand people on board.

Newer Macross-class ships up to Macross - 25 are bigger, more powerful and easily more advanced than their first generation counterparts.

Finding the Macross and even making it operational, unfortunately, wouldn't do anyone any good, except acting as a spare cannon fodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
^ yeah I will say that the beginning was pretty new fan friendly but as we get further into the series a lot of new viewers are going to be scratching their heads.
That is why MBS offered a crash-course in Macross history

- Tak
Old 2008-07-07, 00:44   Link #254
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Is that guy her brother?
Old 2008-07-07, 01:29   Link #255
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
It's a safe bet yes.
Old 2008-07-07, 01:53   Link #256
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
It's a safe bet yes.
Anyway he doesn't seem to retain any memories of his past, because he asks why he cares so much about Ranka.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:07   Link #257
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^Besides, Grace dangled the "I'll help regain your memory" carrot to Brera to ensure his compliance (ep 10, after fighting the Hydra). Otherwise, he'd be doing his own agenda which he is wont to do, once almost failing to fulfill an objective just because he played around first (ep 9).
Old 2008-07-07, 02:42   Link #258
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Anyways, anyone want to talk about why Sheryl flinched and paused after hearing Alto ask them to save Ranka?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-07, 03:22   Link #259
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Anyways, anyone want to talk about why Sheryl flinched and paused after hearing Alto ask them to save Ranka?
Trying to compose herself I suppose. And since it took a flick of a finger for her to do that, she just raised my respect of her higher! At least she didn't go all "Don't mind her, save yourself!", or "Why should we risk our lives for that girl?" or "Okay, but please please please *begs* take care of yourself!" (pffffft) If she said any of these I won't even dare support her right now :P
Old 2008-07-07, 07:24   Link #260
Delphin

スレッド全部読んでいないので質問するのも申し訳ないですが、
Sherylの薬、639について誰かコメントしてました?

あれって、ミリアのことですかね?
Not read the entire thread, so it is a question, but I'm sorry, Sheryl medicine, about 639 Somebody Comments with anybody? That is, MIRIA that is?

anime-japan tag"macrossf"
Closed Thread