AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 03:10   Link #61
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
RenRuki is not possible because obviously Rukia is romantically interested in Ichigo and if someone wants evidence,I will give it.
/shoryuken

take that crap to the other thread
Old 2008-07-17, 03:36   Link #62
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
/shoryuken

take that crap to the other thread
True,I forgot.But since the thread is about romance in Bleach..
Old 2008-07-17, 03:47   Link #63
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

no...don't need that argument spawned in two threads
Old 2008-07-17, 12:25   Link #64
yuuk1

kinda hoping for Yachiru and Ikkaku to happen...!
Old 2008-07-17, 14:37   Link #65
Langus
Optimus Prime

Loli complex?
Old 2008-07-17, 20:36   Link #66
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

My favourite pairings with justifcation

Soifon X Yoruichi
-I wanna watch

Yachiru X NOBODY!!!
-Seriously guys, WTF. Pedobear, is that you?

Ishida X Nemu
-He's kinda gay, she's into bondage and shit- the possibilities for faps and lulz are endless

Spoiler for Kenpachi X ....:

What?
Old 2008-07-17, 22:40   Link #67
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
UlqHime. This is one of those rare cases, where artwork, closeups and looks have laid most of the basis of speculation.Now, when two characters gaze into each other's eyes........it can mean many things. It can be love, it can be hate, it can be fear, it can be understanding. The point is, frequent eye contact means an emotional bond and intense non-verbal communication. Whether positive or negative, it is intimate......not something casual friends or impersonal enemies exchange.

The starting point is when Orihime stood upto Ulqi and slapped him in the face. If you examine the OriUlqi scenes before that, it's distant, it's cold........they're drawn like any espada intereacting with his prisoner. He's disinterested, she's unsettled.
Spoiler for Manga, but has been animated. From the slap scene.:

The slap was a turning point. Perhaps she earned his respect? After that whenever they meet........the artwork suggests some brooding interest in Ulquiorra . Orihime alternates being afraid, or guilty or sympathetic.Yet he always has some effect on her.

Credit to Royal Devil for the next two observations:
Spoiler for Manga, but these chapters have already been animated. Grimm vs Ulqi:
Spoiler for Manga, but these chapters have already been animated. Grimm vs Ulqi:
The real reunion I was waiting for :
Spoiler for manga, chapter 315. Not yet animated:

Ahem, the following two pairs of eyelocks sent chills down my spine. Of course, the emotions might be different (love in one, fear in another?) But strangely............very similar.
Spoiler for Manga chapter 317. Anime-only fans beware!:

This isn't proof. But artistically, these have been among the most impactful scenes in Bleach. There are certainly some sort of emotions behind all those glances.....With Rukia and Ichigo, or Ichigo and Orihime, one knows that behind any teary look are tender emotions. But with Ulq-Hime, it might be that all there is between them is fear, respect and curiosity.The mystery makes it that much more intriguing.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-07-18 at 03:14.
Old 2008-07-18, 00:06   Link #68
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Uliquiorra is gonna become the tamed monster and join the hero side
Old 2008-07-18, 02:50   Link #69
Yosei
Death by writing

Amirali's convinced me. I should've paid more attention to those subtler panels earlier. I now also think KT's paid special attention to the way Ulq and Hime look at each other, whether or not it's romantically intended.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-07-18, 03:03   Link #70
Langus
Optimus Prime

Yeah I agree. That's a really interesting look at the Ulq./Hime dynamic. Hmmm... Certainly stirs up a lot of questions. At this point I'm more interested to see the resolution between those two than her and Ichigo.
Old 2008-07-18, 03:40   Link #71
Kari Izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarieho View Post
How has nobody really mentioned the Renji and Rukia possibility? They have a wonderful dynamic together and a lot of history from growing up together.
Renji/Rukia is my favorite ship...actually, it shares top honors with Ichiruki (Conflicting ships? Say it isn't so! ). It's part of the reason I hope neither becomes canon, because I'd probably bemoan that the other didn't, but I'm babbling.

Anyway, they certainly do have a nice relationship between them. I hate when some shoot down this couple on the basis that Renji abandoned her...he may not have made a decision that left Rukia entirely happy (see my next points below), but the sentiments behind it can't be ignored, IMO. It's rather hard to understand the feudal system of nobility when none of us have ever lived through it, but that sort of thing is serious business. I can't imagine someone would work that hard for forty years to become Vice Captain--under the man who adopted her into the family, no less--out of sheerly platonic love.

Quote:
Rukia fell for Kaien after being parted from Renji, and i always felt this was her replacing her affection on somebody similiar to Renji (subject to opinion of course).
You bring up an interesting point that I've thought about for a while: If Renji and Rukia still had each other--or at the very least, if she had a closer relationship to Byakuya or anyone else in the Kuchiki family--would Rukia still feel so close to Kaien? Would she worship him so much? I have the feeling that wouldn't be the case. Kaien was the one persons in a sea of many including Renji at this point who treated her as just another normal person and not as some untouchable noble.

Speaking of that couple, my mind still goes into the gutter anytime I see this screencap. I mean...WTF.

Quote:
I think what I meant [I type first, think later] by "nothing in the way", I was referring to physical boundaries or people objecting [not getting into the Ichigo thing... I've sworn off that subject], since some seem to think it's a good argument that Ichigo and Rukia can't be together because they're in different worlds.
I hope I'm not starting another wank by commenting on this (because I do like this couple), but it *is* something to consider. Rukia has worked hard for her career, and now that Byakuya's not putting a damper on her promotion anymore, she can only move up from here. Likewise, Ichigo may have the ability to cross over between the two worlds, but he's still got a life here on Earth to live.

This is NOT to say that it absolutely can't work out, but it would be difficult if they did the long distance thing and the two could only see each other once every few months or so. I've only seen one fanfic actually explore this in depth, and the toll that it took on their friendship when one of them inevitably wanted more than the other could give and the relationship ended.
Old 2008-07-18, 07:14   Link #72
thespringmoon
kaze ni naritai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari Izumi View Post
I hope I'm not starting another wank by commenting on this (because I do like this couple), but it *is* something to consider. Rukia has worked hard for her career, and now that Byakuya's not putting a damper on her promotion anymore, she can only move up from here. Likewise, Ichigo may have the ability to cross over between the two worlds, but he's still got a life here on Earth to live.

This is NOT to say that it absolutely can't work out, but it would be difficult if they did the long distance thing and the two could only see each other once every few months or so. I've only seen one fanfic actually explore this in depth, and the toll that it took on their friendship when one of them inevitably wanted more than the other could give and the relationship ended.
Haha. Don't get me wrong. I completely agree.
Just trying to not get my head bitten off here. : D
Old 2008-07-18, 10:21   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I like RenRuki for one reason only... ep. 32, it actually brought a tear to my eyes, lol XD
Old 2008-07-18, 15:44   Link #74
Notaron

Isn't that the one after Renji loses his fight to Ichigo?
Old 2008-07-18, 16:32   Link #75
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Yeah I agree. That's a really interesting look at the Ulq./Hime dynamic. Hmmm... Certainly stirs up a lot of questions. At this point I'm more interested to see the resolution between those two than her and Ichigo.
telling ya, Ulquiorra will go to the hero side, Orihime will show him the error of his ways
Old 2008-07-18, 17:15   Link #76
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron View Post
Isn't that the one after Renji loses his fight to Ichigo?
Was it when Renji was telling Ichigo about his and Rukia's past? I remember Rukia's VA saying it was difficult doing those lines (the part where Renji and Rukia part ways) without getting choked up. It was really emotional.

Wouldn't mind renruki so much, but I don't see it coming to fruition.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:45   Link #77
Langus
Optimus Prime

Yeah I agree. I've got a soft spot for Renji and his unrequited love when he isn't losing fights left and right like a complete tool.

I find his affection for her endearing.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:51   Link #78
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Renji = Krillin ::nod:: now Renji just has to get the girl...
Old 2008-07-18, 18:05   Link #79
Nervous Venus

Who is Krillin? and how is he like Renji?
Old 2008-07-18, 18:10   Link #80
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

sorry, thought most would get that DBZ reference Krillin has the most impressive loss record in the series, has been killed/brought back like three times and yet, he gets one of what would be considered hottest women in the series
Closed Thread