AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-06, 14:52   Link #13881
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The water has to be constant to continually drain her powers. Just splashing the water will only slow a vampire down briefly.
I just put that forward as an example. I'm quite certain that there are other things that Vampires are vulnerable against. Garlic was in fact mentioned so it is another possibility.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 15:45   Link #13882
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I don't think garlic was ever mentioned as an official weakness of vampires in R+V.

The only mention of garlic that I remember was the comment Tsukune made when he first met Moka. I think it went something like "Oh you mean those blood sucking monsters that hate crosses and garlic?!"

Hardly a confirmation that garlic even bothers them in the slightest.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 16:06   Link #13883
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I don't think garlic was ever mentioned as an official weakness of vampires in R+V.

The only mention of garlic that I remember was the comment Tsukune made when he first met Moka. I think it went something like "Oh you mean those blood sucking monsters that hate crosses and garlic?!"

Hardly a confirmation that garlic even bothers them in the slightest.
I stand corrected. I thought that outcast ayashi also mentioned it in the warehouse shortly before Tsukune turned into a ghoul. Looking back on it, I find that nothing was actually mentioned. He did however mention silver bullets. Perhaps that's how Moka was captured in this chapter, but only time will tell.
Old 2010-05-06, 17:38   Link #13884
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Garlic was also mentioned in the anime, but only that one who consumes it sweats excessively to the point that they're body odor becomes very strong, and vampires having such a sensitive nose like blood hounds, it probably overwhelms them.
Old 2010-05-06, 22:50   Link #13885
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably a fart like Naruto did with Kiba can win over any vampire in R+V? lol

Seriously though this is a supernatural manga and I really like to see some of the basic things where monsters have weaknesses in. Also I think if ever Ikeda has a new manga project it might be a martial arts manga.

Also found these.

Sorry there is no larger image of this Inner Moka card.

and a decent Mizore cosplayer.
Spoiler for anime look:
Old 2010-05-07, 01:02   Link #13886
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Probably a fart like Naruto did with Kiba can win over any vampire in R+V? lol

Seriously though this is a supernatural manga and I really like to see some of the basic things where monsters have weaknesses in.
On the contrary, I think it's nice to show that some of these characters do have weaknesses of some kind. Vampires have always been a topic of the supernatural/occult, and Vampires have these weaknesses in most literature. I find the story more compelling if the main character has a weakness of some sort, even a basic one that physical training can't overcome. Throughout the series, we've always seen Moka being portrayed as being invincible, the one who would turn the tables when things looked dire. It would be a little bland if Moka really was unbeatable. Besides, it's already been established that Moka is weak against water, holy crosses and silver bullets in the manga.

Quote:
Also I think if ever Ikeda has a new manga project it might be a martial arts manga.
I agree with this. Judging from the way Tsukune is being trained by Moka, you can tell Ikeda has a taste for martial arts. I wouldn't even doubt that he would do a martial arts manga that deals with the supernatural again, though not neccessarily the occult like R+V.
Old 2010-05-07, 01:24   Link #13887
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

If anything, Ikeda-sensei's next manga should involve guns and lots of them. He really seems to have a knack at drawing very detailed hand guns and rifles. He also seems to have a thing for weapons caches as seen with Tsurara and Fong Fong.

Haha....maybe something involving the use of fire arms in martial arts kinda like the Equilibrium movie.
Old 2010-05-07, 17:21   Link #13888
X207
Gamyūsa

i really hope there is no martial art like gunkata. its just stupid and has too many wasteful moves. it also wastes bullets so much its ridiculous. the only hand weapons needed are tsurara's cache of weapons. they obviousy never considered long range weapons nor snipers. gunkata= epic failure. it has some advantages but you'd actually have to move your feet and have alot of obstacles to take cover with, otherwise is just obsolete before it was ever created. ive seen my share of bad movies already, equilibrium was the worst. it beat out recon 2020 so easily in the cheese department.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 17:29   Link #13889
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I hope Ikeda doesn't think about doing another series until R+V is done. When an author is doing multiple series the quality suffers.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 17:31   Link #13890
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i really hope there is no martial art like gunkata. its just stupid and has too many wasteful moves. it also wastes bullets so much its ridiculous. the only hand weapons needed are tsurara's cache of weapons. they obviousy never considered long range weapons nor snipers. gunkata= epic failure. it has some advantages but you'd actually have to move your feet and have alot of obstacles to take cover with, otherwise is just obsolete before it was ever created.
While the Gunkata is stupid it looks really cool and in theory a moving projectile from a gun goes in a straight line once it is fired, so it kinda makes sense to be able to predict where the bullet will hit. I just hope he doesn't start doing the whole curving the bullet butshit, now that was retarded.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 17:39   Link #13891
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
While the Gunkata is stupid it looks really cool and in theory a moving projectile from a gun goes in a straight line once it is fired, so it kinda makes sense to be able to predict where the bullet will hit. I just hope he doesn't start doing the whole curving the bullet butshit, now that was retarded.
knowing a bullet's tragectory is important but it kind of defeats the advantage by barely moving or for remaining stationary during a shootout. i was all for watching wanted right up to the part they mention curving bullets. thats where i decided against it. i think id rather watch gigli over the the movie wanted . i still havent wanted nor want to see wanted same goes for gigli.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 17:50   Link #13892
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Yeah, the idea is stupid but it looks cool so I mentioned it. It looks good in a movie but it probably won't translate well in print. I'd also have to agree that Equilibrium and Wanted were pretty bad.
Old 2010-05-07, 18:23   Link #13893
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Spoiler for anime look:
hardly decent, she has a serious baby face. no wonder she wears the mask int he rest of the pics XP jk
Old 2010-05-09, 10:07   Link #13894
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Jin Senapi you dog you!
Spoiler for Big:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-05-09 at 13:41.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 10:48   Link #13895
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler for anime look:
They look shopped.....
Old 2010-05-09, 11:14   Link #13896
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Most cosplays are shopped.
Spoiler for bite:
Old 2010-05-09, 11:22   Link #13897
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Jin Senapi you dog you!
Spoiler for Big:
Yes, Gin IS a dog. So what's your point? You must have hot-linked to a blog image, because the image didn't show until I copy-pasted the link separately. (which I fixed in this quote, so copy link location to see image.)
Old 2010-05-09, 13:46   Link #13898
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

nope it a REALLY big image I just randomly found. I should have re-sized it. Fixed to direct link.

Anyways the new Metal Gear Solid PeaceWalker Nana Mizuki voices Paz Ortega there.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:18   Link #13899
Wargumm1i
Hentai

NO chapter yet? I mean I know it was relesed this month but no scanned release yet.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 11:22   Link #13900
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
NO chapter yet? I mean I know it was relesed this month but no scanned release yet.
FH finished the chapter, so we can expect a release today

edit: FH released the chapter.

Last edited by Lummie; 2010-05-10 at 12:13.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire