AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 17:16   Link #41
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Looking to fansub Kitarou, have everything we need other than someone to translate. This is an experienced and skilled group, and we are intending for a high-quality release. If anyone is interested in translating this great show, please message me at tromouji@gmail.com (mention Kitarou in the title!)
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 02:37   Link #42
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Teppei I wish you all the luck in finding a translator and also a hearty thanks for taking intrest in this project once again this show has come in the top 3 in the veiwer rating this week

Quote:
3. Gegege no Kitarou - 9.3%
Old 2007-04-20, 17:38   Link #43
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
=O Nice. #3 is quite impressive.

Episode 3 raw is up for those that know where to look
Old 2007-05-01, 22:28   Link #44
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Any news on who is subbing this project : (
Old 2007-05-01, 23:36   Link #45
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Ep4 is up for those that haven't already seen it. I'll try to have ep5 soonish.

I actually posted a request over at Shinsen. =P
Old 2007-05-03, 20:47   Link #46
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

And episode 5 has been posted~~
Old 2007-05-03, 21:04   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKaizer View Post
I actually posted a request over at Shinsen. =P
Thanks for going through the trouble: ) . As its stooped deep in myth my lousily Japanese Fails so I do have trouble understanding and watching episode un-translated for GeGe....
Old 2007-05-03, 21:58   Link #48
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Yeah, my Japanese is pretty lousy too so I can't get most of it... ~_~

This isn't exactly something that'd excite a lot of people though, sadly.
Old 2007-05-03, 22:08   Link #49
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was hoping some group like [Anime-Kraze] would pick up the series. They are extremely well versed in Japanese Mythology. I was watching a similar show called Hundred Stories some time back and they had given a well detailed explanation of terms and their association. And this was Pre Wikipedia days

Hundred Stories was another great show : )
Old 2007-05-07, 02:29   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Sakaiminato : The town which you can meet Kitaro.

* Sakaiminato

Quote:

- Sakaiminato is a city located in the northern area of Tottori Prefecture, Japan. Located at the northern end of Yumigahama Peninsula, it faces the Sea of Japan, another sea Nakaumi and Sakai channel.

- As of 2003, the city has an estimated population of 36,910 and the density of 1,283.83 persons per km². The total area is 28.75 km².

- The seaport of Sakaiminato is one of the most famous fishery ports in Japan and is the major port of Tottori prefecture.

- Nearby Miho airbase is run by the Japan Defense Agency but is also availably for civilian internal flights, being generally referred to as 'Yonago Airport'.
* The Mizuki Shigeru Road.

Quote:
- One hundred fine bronze statues of various Yokais are placed alongside the road. Anyone can see and touch the statues.

- Each unit of the black granite base and the statue is highly appraised as a fine art.

- Yokais attract a number of visitors and keep the town active.

* Mizuki Shigeru Museum

Quote:
- At Mizuki Shigeru Museum,visitors can feel existence of Yokais through cubic molds,sound and lighting effects,and they can visualize Yokais through the motion picutres using three large screens.

- Profiles of Mizuki Shigeru and the rare collections which he collected and brought backto Japan from world wide are displayed at the Museum.

* Mizuki Shigeru

Quote:
- Having been interested in Yokai since his boyhood in Sakaiminato,he produced many pieces of work based on the motif of Yokais such as Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro.

- He was awarded Shiju Hosho Decoration in 1991, Minister of Edcation Award 1996 and Kyo- kujitu Sho Decoration in 2003,for his excellent achievements and cultural contribution.

Quote:
* Mizuki Shigeru Mueseum : Website

Old 2007-05-28, 01:26   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Episode 9 was quite frightening, and very close to the original's atmosphere.
It's actually remenicient of the Laughing Salesman series in the 80s than the previous incarnations of Gegege no Kitarou.
I hope to see more stories like this.
(ep9's story is actually based on one of the horror stories in the original. It's been animated before in the past too)

Despite its radical change of character designs, this series is proving to be quite faithful to the feel of the original manga. I like how unlike some of the previous incarnations, we get to see the darker, more "youkai" Kitaro back. The direction of the series is great.
Old 2007-06-02, 10:49   Link #52
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

"There are those who can feel the presence of Youkais and those who refuse to believe they exist. Which one are you?"

Yeah, episode 9 was definitely good. Probably the best one I've seen in the new series so far. Had that eery feeling down my back through the entire episode! I didn't jump at any of the surprises though because I knew I wasn't going to see anything that looked horrifying.

Artwork's really dark and sound effects are creepy but the part where...

Spoiler:

I was partly cheering for the Youkai since the guy was such a bastard. What really caught me was the ending.

Spoiler:

Well, next episode looks like another average one.

Oh, and if I ever go to Japan I must visit this Kitaro museum after going to the Ghibli museum
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 10:26   Link #53
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Check out this trailer:
Gegege no Kitaro live action movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_s-3y7GX14

Will this anime ever get fansubbed? Hope some groups can bring us miracle to be able to watch this series. Can't wait.......
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:19   Link #54
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
You know I've always wanted to watch this series when I first saw it back in the mid 80's. I always found it interesting. Again never would have thought of another revival. And of course the fanart is kicking up for some 'Nekomusume'. MMMm...boy, nothing like cat-girl loli.

I would like to see the new remake.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:24   Link #55
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Hmmm, episode 12 was pretty good. Started out creepy with those phone calls because it reminded me of The Ring

Then it turns out to be a touching story of...
Spoiler:

There was quite a few funny parts too...
Spoiler:

Cool to see how the Youkai Post actually worked. They've really modernised the show haven't they... With public telephones being abandoned because mobiles are the norm now and kids looking up Kitarou's contact details on the net!
Old 2007-06-25, 20:32   Link #56
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Any news rumors on who is planning to sub the show . I watched the one off 60s episode and really liked it . I was looking forward to watch this show now I may have to watch raws which I cant understand only about 30% correctly/accurately due to poor Japanese
Old 2007-06-26, 02:24   Link #57
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Any news rumors on who is planning to sub the show . I watched the one off 60s episode and really liked it . I was looking forward to watch this show now I may have to watch raws which I cant understand only about 30% correctly/accurately due to poor Japanese
I expect we'll be moving to the fabsubbed forum shortly.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 02:27   Link #58
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
It's amusing that you asked that question only a few hours ago because I just moved this thread into the Fansubbed Forum. You know what that means! I am particularly eager to watch the show. Fortunately it is seeded so fast that it completely downloaded while I was still adding the torrent to AnimeSuki. It only took a couple of minutes. O.O

Edit: It seems that Maids! Maids! Maids! posted while I was moving it. I'm going to go watch episode 1 now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 04:20   Link #59
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Ah, subbed for the masses. Enjoy people!

And kudos to the group who's doing this. It'll be interesting to see how many people pick this classic show up now that it's subbed.
Old 2007-06-26, 04:24   Link #60
jedinat

I like the cat girl.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote