AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-19, 20:55   Link #5501
TheGiraffeStar
Room Full Of Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For all we know, the 6th Level 5 might already be dead, and there's no one to replace him/her. Similar to how Kakine is still considered Number 2 even if all that's left of him is a Brain.
Nahh, I think the introduction of at least a pair of new characters in futures volumes is in order and even more if they have funny or special traits.Have in mind that the next volume might be an SS volume the perfect chance to introduce and develop :3 AND we are talking of a level 5 here (maybe he/she is hikikomori or something)
Old 2010-10-19, 21:52   Link #5502
Flere821
Lurker

Intermission 6 at the end of Chapter 9 of Vol22 is now out on Baka-tsuki, translated by me. Enjoy =)

Link: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me22_Chapter_9

Quote:
Lol, looks like things aren't going to be smooth sailing for Aleister, Laura's not giving up without a fight.

But please explain what you mean that the English Church holds the rights to Academy City? Crowley's far too powerful to give it up just because he lost the keys in some poker game >.>
Basically Laura's planning to drag Aleister's identity out to the open, then start a 4th World War if necessary to take down Academy City and make it into a subsidiary of the Anglican Church.

And I think the reason the Roman Catholic Church has the Book of the Law is because they're the ones that took down Aleister's old Magic Cabal (Though I can't confirm that with a direct reference ^^; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Sorry I didn't find any division on parts. Just 3 parts and the part 3 is divided into different character moments and no Mikoto. Mikoto is leave with the change between lines which is the end of the chapter. Heck she only had a good part here beside the change between lines when she's flying towards the star of Bethlehem
alright Thanks, so it IS just three parts... I thought there might have been a mistake with the Chinese translations since the last part is disproportionately large... Thanks for the confirmation =)

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-10-19 at 22:08. Reason: Adding a link to LN
Old 2010-10-19, 21:55   Link #5503
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
For all we know, the 6th Level 5 might already be dead, and there's no one to replace him/her. Similar to how Kakine is still considered Number 2 even if all that's left of him is a Brain.
I doubt it. My hopes are set on Aogami since he is hilarious. Too bad it'll probably never happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiraffeStar View Post
Nahh, I think the introduction of at least a pair of new characters in futures volumes is in order and even more if they have funny or special traits.Have in mind that the next volume might be an SS volume the perfect chance to introduce and develop :3 AND we are talking of a level 5 here (maybe he/she is hikikomori or something)
The queen already takes that character trait.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:03   Link #5504
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Spoiler for Crazy speculations.:

Yeah right... my own speculations... in my dreams! ;p

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-19, 22:06   Link #5505
Flere821
Lurker

^ What's a 'osananajimi'?
Old 2010-10-19, 22:13   Link #5506
giorno

Quote:
No, never once did they call him 'Aleister Crowley' except Tsuchimikado.

They only refer to him as 'General Director Aleister', and there's alot of 'Aleisters' in the world.
didn't Stiyl saw him in person? He should've been able to realize who he was then

and i think the biggest question about Aleister right now is: how the heck was he defeated and almost killed by magicians if he's that stupidly overpowered?

and Aogami being the 6th level 5 is just too funny to not turn out to be true
Old 2010-10-19, 22:15   Link #5507
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Osananajimi = Childhood friend.

D:

Aogami will be jealous.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:15   Link #5508
tsunade666

^ No soul I actually like that idea. now she turn into a crazy hikikomori because *he* forgets her. And even she can't bring back that memory which is destroyed.

Now I'm having lots of crazy illusions thanks to that. I wonder what would she do.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:29   Link #5509
Flere821
Lurker

rofl... wow, the Queen of Tokiwadai a Childhood friend to Touma. That would be funny, except their families are from different social circles - I doubt Touma's something like a male 'Ojou-sama'...

And as for crazy theories, I have one: Touma disappeared due to being picked up by Mikoto's father, Misaka Tabikake, and those two are now planning to take down Aleister after Tabikake filled Touma in on Aleister's plans. Now imagine Mikoto's father warning him about even thinking to make a move on his daughter, and Mikoto overhearing that Touma saying he has no interest in Mikoto, saying he's not the kind of person to go after little girls... xD
Old 2010-10-19, 22:33   Link #5510
ellifeedn
Thinker

The Queen a childhood friend of Touma... Here's a different idea off the top of my head. Maybe the Queen is called upon by the Heaven Canceler for special cases when people lose their memories. When Touma lost his memories from the incident in the first volume, the Queen, with her powers, "reprogrammed" Touma with much of his knowledge and personality (or as close to it as the good doctor can guess), but not the personal memories since she doesn't know anything about him.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:34   Link #5511
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
rofl... wow, the Queen of Tokiwadai a Childhood friend to Touma. That would be funny, except their families are from different social circles - I doubt Touma's something like a male 'Ojou-sama'...

And as for crazy theories, I have one: Touma disappeared due to being picked up by Mikoto's father, Misaka Tabikake, and those two are now planning to take down Aleister after Tabikake filled Touma in on Aleister's plans. Now imagine Mikoto's father warning him about even thinking to make a move on his daughter, and Mikoto overhearing that Touma saying he has no interest in Mikoto, saying he's not the kind of person to go after little girls... xD
Lol, Misaka Tabikake picks up Touma to join his heist team. They have travel around and pick up people to join Misaka's Eleven.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:35   Link #5512
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
^ What's a 'osananajimi'?
Childhood friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post

and Aogami being the 6th level 5 is just too funny to not turn out to be true
My thoughts exactly. And the fact that he did so well in Daihaisei kind of supports this as well. He was dodging esper attacks left and right with little effort iirc.

Quote:

Does Tabikake even know who Touma is? Then again, It wouldn't be surprising if Misuzu said something about her daughters crush, knowing her personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Spoiler for Crazy speculations.:
I doubt it's that he is performing poorly in class on purpose, My guess is that he just doesn't care about his grades and would rather fawn over Tsukiyomi. I mean look at how it turned out for Tsuchimikado, he is actually a genius mage/esper hybrid.
Old 2010-10-19, 22:48   Link #5513
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
didn't Stiyl saw him in person? He should've been able to realize who he was then
Why would he have reason to suspect that this Aleister is the same Aleister Crowley whom everyone thought had died fifty years ago? It doesn't seem to be a big secret that the leader of Academy City is a person named Aleister, but judging from the response they never thought he was THAT Aleister Crowley.

Quote:

Basically Laura's planning to drag Aleister's identity out to the open, then start a 4th World War if necessary to take down Academy City and make it into a subsidiary of the Anglican Church.

And I think the reason the Roman Catholic Church has the Book of the Law is because they're the ones that took down Aleister's old Magic Cabal (Though I can't confirm that with a direct reference ^^; )

Still, it doesn't explain how everyone believing him to be that same Aleister Crowley would make it easier to defeat Academy City.

Anyway, this was what I've been waiting for, with the two former allies fighting each other for- lack of a better term- world domination, who would our heroes side? Assuming Laura actually could defeat Academy City, though I doubt it, what's going to happen afterwards?
Old 2010-10-19, 22:58   Link #5514
tsunade666

well seeing a man upside down inside a tube their isn't a chance to suspect him. But maybe after the artificial angel they should start suspecting it because Aleister Crowley is the only mage who's specialty in that field. Beings outside of this realms.

The term angel in toaruverse isn't referring to the angels in heaven. Anything that's not original of this plane is considered angel.
Old 2010-10-19, 23:04   Link #5515
Flere821
Lurker

Basically, Laura thinks she can take down Crowley and Academy City herself if it comes to a personal battle... And as Necessarius hunts witches they have right over whatever possession their victims possessed according to Church law.

That was one of the reason she supported Academy City as opposed to say the Roman Catholic Church - since she planned to betray the Science side to begin with. If they (UK and the Anglican Church) lack power, then the best course action is to snatch it away from the victor of battles.

Oh, and I just remembered... Rikou didn't get captured by Academy City, that was a mistranslation - both Rikou and Mugino are with Shiage right now, and Shiage have just taken down ITEM's backer on the Board of directors and is about to torture her into spilling all she knows about Academy City's 'potential ratings', known as [Parameter List]. To quote Shiage:

"If what's on the line is protecting those most important to you, things no matter how terrible can be done for that goal. That is the truth. So now I'll let you see just how cruel humanity can be."
Old 2010-10-19, 23:09   Link #5516
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Intermission 6 at the end of Chapter 9 of Vol22 is now out on Baka-tsuki, translated by me. Enjoy =)

Link: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me22_Chapter_9

Like knowing Crowley's identity is a major hindrance to him....4th world war with what? God's Right Seat is shattered, the Vatican in turmoil, England recovering from civil war, Russia in ruins.....

The Magic side can't really face Academy at this point...

And yes, if Laura thinks she can take Aleister, who outclasses Fianma, in battle, then she had better be something special...

Yes btw...powered armour relying on chemical propulsion is correct
Old 2010-10-19, 23:16   Link #5517
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Plus, their most powerful artifacts have been destroyed already.

Gregorio's Chant (Gregorian Chant) - destroyed by Aureolus Izzard.
Croce di Pietro - I don't know what happened to this.
La Regina del Mare Adriatico - destroyed by Touma; reused by Vento, destroyed by Fiamma, I think
Document of Constantine - destroyed by Touma.

Plus, what Cosmic Eagle said.
I can guess that the RCC is only at 25% strength currently, unless more of the RCC's Ten Holy Artifacts are used up later on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-19, 23:25   Link #5518
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Like knowing Crowley's identity is a major hindrance to him....4th world war with what? God's Right Seat is shattered, the Vatican in turmoil, England recovering from civil war, Russia in ruins.....

The Magic side can't really face Academy at this point...

And yes, if Laura thinks she can take Aleister, who outclasses Fianma, in battle, then she had better be something special...
In addition all the remote control for Index have been destroyed right? Which means she lost yet another great asset, I'm not sure how many Saints they actually have but Kaori doesn't seem the type and Silvia is somewhere else.

Then again, Aleister isn't having it easy either, not with a newly powered-up Accelerator and a newly united ITEM down on a Warpath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Croce di Pietro - I don't know what happened to this.
Necessarius captured it.
Old 2010-10-19, 23:33   Link #5519
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Hmm, IIRC I read from the Wiki that the Kamijous' previous residence before Tsuchimikado's spell destroyed the one newer than itself that it's described "akin to a mansion" yet Young!Touma complained that the house is still small.

Plus his fathers' occupation which seems to revolved around him traveling somewhere, and knew Misaka's father Tabikake via business, and the fact how lavish I can consider his dorm life is (if it were not for his misfortune having his debit card broken by accidentally stepping on it, and for Index as the main reason he spends a lot more often), I'm starting to think that Touma came from a well-to-do, if not from what can be called as "silver-spoon standards", family.

... Hmm... so your theory was that Mikoto's dad, Tabikake, is the one who'll find him lying around somewhere later... reminds me of this fanart:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-19, 23:34   Link #5520
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
In addition all the remote control for Index have been destroyed right? Which means she lost yet another great asset, I'm not sure how many Saints they actually have but Kaori doesn't seem the type and Silvia is somewhere else.

Then again, Aleister isn't having it easy either, not with a newly powered-up Accelerator and a newly united ITEM down on a Warpath...
Easier....far far easier than Laura for sure.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen