AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 32 Rating
Perfect 10 39 52.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-25, 19:23   Link #41
Pakxenon
popcorn

Another orgasmic episode from the second part of the story. Me too, at first, thought that turning off the bugs were dumb, but thanks for the explanation!

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK.
Old 2007-05-25, 19:54   Link #42
EternalDestiny

Hmmm...the background music playing during Light's phone conversation with Takada reminds me of NGE.

Also, to note....the shadowing and tone of the hotel room in the anime did improve the overall mood, compared to the manga.
Old 2007-05-26, 01:41   Link #43
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

I loved this part of the manga. After Light makes the comment about the pages and the date, Mikami responds, "Are you God?" and then Light replied, with his devilish smile, "Yes." I was like Hot Damn!

My first 10 in a while
Old 2007-05-26, 02:12   Link #44
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
I think its time that mikami goes mental!
....but he looked so fuckin' hot in this episode..
the glasses!..the hair...pwoar!

XD

:so many british people =D
Old 2007-05-26, 02:15   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I wonder if Madhouse was intentional in reuniting Miyano Mamoru and Maaya Sakamoto for another Ouran Host meeting - in a hotel room of all places. lol

Was quite pleasantly surprised that they switched to having Maaya doing Kiyomi's voice without warning when I saw the credits.

I thought the manga did a better job in the conversation between Mikami and Light:

Mikami: Are you God?
Light: (in a very casual way) Yes.

That reply rocked, was quite disappointed they modified that part.

Confrontation between the two Haruhis (Misa and Kiyomi) over Light is inevitable.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:30   Link #46
EarlyBlake
N L A M

This was my least favorite episodes so far. I found it kind of boring. The back story wasn't bad but the rest of it seemed to really drag on.
Old 2007-05-26, 04:33   Link #47
Jaden

yes! I divined the ending just now. Misa is going to kill Light for cheating on her. :P
Old 2007-05-26, 05:42   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The conversation might of worked put better in the manga, but there's no way you can beat Mikami's reaction in this scene --- it was INSANE, and what was needed for the perfect Mikami.
Old 2007-05-26, 05:42   Link #49
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I wonder if Madhouse was intentional in reuniting Miyano Mamoru and Maaya Sakamoto for another Ouran Host meeting - in a hotel room of all places. lol

Was quite pleasantly surprised that they switched to having Maaya doing Kiyomi's voice without warning when I saw the credits.

I thought the manga did a better job in the conversation between Mikami and Light:

Light: (in a very casual way) Yes.

That reply rocked, was quite disappointed they modified that part.

Confrontation between the two Haruhis (Misa and Kiyomi) over Light is inevitable.
In a way, that would be a smarter thing to do. Directly asking "are you god" is very risky, as the person might not have been kira. Think of it, all kinds of people could have went to find her because of her fame. By asking "who are you", light, who knew that was kira, could answer a correct answer, november 26, 5 pages, which was the date in which mikami got the death note.

Which brings us to another question: if no death notes were involved, how could light accurately know that it would reach mikami on nov 26? There could be a delay or something o.O
Old 2007-05-26, 07:39   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Which brings us to another question: if no death notes were involved, how could light accurately know that it would reach mikami on nov 26? There could be a delay or something o.O
He did it so there wouldn't be a delay, makes sense don't you think?
Old 2007-05-26, 07:42   Link #51
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Mikami seems to be a good choice, but he also seems mentally unstable. So I think that'll be he (and Light's) downfall. He will over do stuff later on (just a guess, I didn't read the manga). And with Mello and Nia investigating, it's even harder to move then it was with L. It'll be interesting to see if Light can survive till the end.
Old 2007-05-26, 17:29   Link #52
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

The problem I forsee is that Light is used to dealing with stupid and easy-to-fool people. This time, he's got some who's intellect and forsight rival his own (with a dash of mental instability).
Old 2007-05-26, 20:30   Link #53
Janey777

Very creative and exciting episode, it was surprising in many ways
I watched it with 2 friends who liked Light and they !screamed! through every frame where he appered dressed up for a meeting Takada. They screamed at his cheesy voice as well and when Mikami called and asked for Light I thought my ears would gone deaf..... I'm glad Light had a chance to use his Tamaki charms again. Meeting scene resembled Host club really, especially with instrumental BGM. Usage of such music was also a crative find for me too. When Light was walking down the stairs afterwards I could sense him thinking "Just as I planned" again. That was the hottest scene with Light ever.
Mikami's background has been executed perfectly, it looked more interesting than I excpected it to be. Here comes a moral about how bulling might influence people. Maybe Mikami wouldn't become like that without such experience and probably Light would live same lonely and boring life like Mikami if he never found the note... I wonder.
Mikami's eyes look weird. They express a complex emotion. I kind of understand him but maybe anybody could explain me more about that.

Matt appeared, thats so nice. Now Mello has got Matt and Light got Takada and Mikami, and Mikami made contact with Light so... let strange inclinations bloom

This episode was made of pure win, and now it feels so sad to know there are only 5 episodes left
Old 2007-05-27, 15:33   Link #54
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

2nd part of the episode was absolute perfection. Mainly when Mikami and Light speak. The music, set the tone perfectly.

If ever there was a better anime then this, i have yet to see it.
Old 2007-05-27, 17:16   Link #55
iBeast

Light is truly the Messiah. He gets anything he wants.
Old 2007-05-27, 18:38   Link #56
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
2nd part of the episode was absolute perfection. Mainly when Mikami and Light speak. The music, set the tone perfectly.

If ever there was a better anime then this, i have yet to see it.
I second that. The animation looked exactly the same as it was on episode 25 or 26. The ominous, gray shade colors were present to deliver an effective gothic mood to the hotel scene.

I can only come to think up that Light asked everyone else to uninstall the bugs under the pretext that Kira would Kill him if they dare to keep going on recording the conversation.

Spoiler for Justice is not perfect:
Old 2007-05-27, 20:21   Link #57
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

eliminate.
Old 2007-05-28, 01:46   Link #58
FlashCE

Was Takada Light's girlfriend? In Episode 4 (I think), Light asks Yuri out for that Raye Penbar incident. Takada was only shown talking to Light in a lecture and I think Takada showed disinterest in Light or something.
Old 2007-05-28, 05:29   Link #59
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
i loved the entire episode... the backstory was nice, and the twists just kept coming....

Mikami is bad azz, and Light is a true player... rofl... Pimp Daddy Light....

poor poor misa though... *sniff

10 from me for this episode....

k thxs
Old 2007-05-28, 08:57   Link #60
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Was Takada Light's girlfriend? In Episode 4 (I think), Light asks Yuri out for that Raye Penbar incident. Takada was only shown talking to Light in a lecture and I think Takada showed disinterest in Light or something.
They sort of dated back in college...in that episode where Misa was arrested on suspicion of being 2nd Kira...i think it was.
Closed Thread