AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 08:24   Link #1001
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for Comparison to Fortune Arterial:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-12 at 09:23.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:34   Link #1002
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post

Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:47   Link #1003
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:51   Link #1004
Zavie

Quote:

Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:56   Link #1005
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-12 at 09:22. Reason: comparison to another show
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:22   Link #1006
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think the discussion of Fortune Arterial is better served if it goes to the appropriate thread, as we shouldn't spoil the ending to that show in this thread.
Old 2011-12-12, 12:38   Link #1007
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
First I thought it would be Airi....

...then it seemed to be Miu...

...then it looked like it would be Sana...

Spoiler:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 12:45   Link #1008
Marina2

Anyone notice that in the OP, it looks like Shingo is trying to catch up with Sana? (the scene where we see him running and fatigued Sana's scene).

Not that I'm saying there will be a twist or something....just something I have seen for a while.

Ep.11 previews image
http://i.imgur.com/lzXFi
http://i.imgur.com/kPmwY
http://i.imgur.com/j4FTa
http://i.imgur.com/DBmIH
Old 2011-12-12, 12:55   Link #1009
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anyone notice that in the OP, it looks like Shingo is trying to catch up with Sana? (the scene where we see him running and fatigued Sana's scene).

Not that I'm saying there will be a twist or something....just something I have seen for a while.

Ep.11 previews image
http://i.imgur.com/lzXFi
http://i.imgur.com/kPmwY
http://i.imgur.com/j4FTa
http://i.imgur.com/DBmIH
Oh god... we better not be in for a: "I haven't given up on him yet!" from everyone in the cast.
Old 2011-12-12, 13:14   Link #1010
NoemiChan
Banned

I feel sad on girls doing some effort just to be notice by the person they love. I'm not against with Miu but it seems too easy for her to get Shingo. I believe Sana should have her effort be rewarded.

I feel like crying watching her cry...

...and Airi, please avoid using "yuri like" lines, it's confusing me.
Old 2011-12-12, 13:30   Link #1011
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone here think a month ago that this thread would be well over 1000 posts? If you plotted traffic on a curve, I'd bet this show has one of the steepest increases of any this year.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:35   Link #1012
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone here think a month ago that this thread would be well over 1000 posts? If you plotted traffic on a curve, I'd bet this show has one of the steepest increases of any this year.
A month ago, i was not sure of it.
But 2 weeks ago, i was certain that it would lead to over 1k posts because by then people already started speculating more after the Miu related episodes and i already knew that the anime would eventually animate the confession scene and the Sana in the rain scene.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:35   Link #1013
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
I feel sad on girls doing some effort just to be notice by the person they love. I'm not against with Miu but it seems too easy for her to get Shingo. I believe Sana should have her effort be rewarded.

I feel like crying watching her cry...

...and Airi, please avoid using "yuri like" lines, it's confusing me.
I wasn't going to mention it, but since you hinted at the idea, let me just say that I'd be fully supportive of an Airi/Sana yuri relationship at this point.

It wouldn't be hard to develop a lite and believable yuri subtext there, branching off of the "Until you forget about Shingo, I'll hold you like this" bit of Episode 10.

Hey, it would be a way for Airi and Sana to have happy endings.
Old 2011-12-12, 13:39   Link #1014
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah - ep 10 in particular saw an explosion in posts afair. I still remember how at the beginning of the season when I read the description of the series and thought "Oh - another harem anime series" and sighed (this was on the heels of Hoshizora, Fortune Arterial, and Oretachi ni Tsubasa - all of which I was quite disappointed by).

But Mashiro Iro has (happily) outstripped them all in quality imo.

Last edited by Flower; 2011-12-12 at 13:51.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:49   Link #1015
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Hey, it would be a way for Airi and Sana to have happy endings.
Please don't say that.

I think Airi said that line in sympathetic purpose. I think she has a feeling for Shingo as well and feels the same way as Airi though she didn't do anything as Sana did.

I don't want such revelations like in "Myself;Yourself".
Old 2011-12-12, 15:21   Link #1016
christinemarie
Crazy One

So far Miu and Shingo both deserved each other my only desire is others should acknowledge their relationship and move on.
Hopefully, there won't be any stupid plot that could ruin this pairing in the next few episodes as I love MiuXShingo. This can't be compared to other animes of the same genre like where a girl coughs Sakura flowers, a huge time skip that could led to the eventual pairing, a sister dethrones a tsundere, a genius takes the first step, and so on.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 15:26   Link #1017
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
So far Miu and Shingo both deserved each other my only desire is others should acknowledge their relationship and move on.
Hopefully, there won't be any stupid plot that could ruin this pairing in the next few episodes as I love MiuXShingo. This can't be compared to other animes of the same genre like where a girl coughs Sakura flowers, a huge time skip that could led to the eventual pairing, a sister dethrones a tsundere, a genius takes the first step, and so on.

What is wrong with coughing cherry blossoms?

That aside I must admit that with the past 10 eps I have faith in the show enough that if they do in fact do something unexpected it will "make sense and fit". If it doesn't it will be one of the biggest let downs of the year for me. -_-
Old 2011-12-12, 15:48   Link #1018
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't think quite as highly of Mashiro-iro Symphony's writing as some do, but even I would say it's too well-written to pull off an alternate romantic end at this point.

You can't do that, and make it fit, when:

1. Shingo has not shown any concrete romantic interest in any other girl. If he had shown a few real signs of liking Airi and/or Sana that way a few episodes ago, a twist could be believably pulled off, but not now. Not given that...

2. We only have two episodes left. That's just not enough time to end one romance, start another practically from scratch, and create a decent ending.

So, worst-case scenario (imo): We get a "no girl wins" ending. Shingo and/or Miu catches wind of how hurt Sana is, and one or both decides to end their romance because of it. If this happens, I will absolutely hate it emotionally, but I won't necessarily call it "bad writing".

I don't think this anime is flawlessly written, but it's well-written in general, and I really do have enough faith in Mashiro-iro Symphony's writing staff to be confident that they'll avoid a "lolwut?!" contrived ending where another girl steals Shingo away.
Old 2011-12-12, 16:02   Link #1019
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So, worst-case scenario (imo): We get a "no girl wins" ending. Shingo and/or Miu catches wind of how hurt Sana is, and one or both decides to end their romance because of it.
We had this theory before too, and even this I think is impossible if you think it through. Sana may be hurt by Shingo's de-facto rejection (which she arguably should have seen coming), but she loves Miu a lot too and said she wished for Shingo to be happy. I don't think she would find it acceptable for Shingo and Miu to ruin their chance at happiness with each other just because she was hurt. I also don't think that Airi would let Sana ruin Shingo's happiness out of this sort of "selfishness". I think that, even if it did go that way, Sana's eventual goal would be to bring them back together and it would happen. So, no, there's no way I can imagine that Shingo can not end up with Miu at this point.

And, incidentally, I've never said that Mashiro-iro Symphony's writing was "flawless"; in fact, I pointed out some weaknesses not too long ago. Just that the one particular thing you were harping on wasn't a weakness for me. It's not a battle between "critic" and "fanboy".
Old 2011-12-12, 16:10   Link #1020
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

"lolwut?!" endings ftw, eh?

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen