AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 15:29   Link #12001
chidorimen

Spoiler for 182:

That aside this seems to be the setup for the ending maybe. I might be wrong.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:33   Link #12002
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
maybe having Iihiko win would make him lose.
Who said anything about Zenkichi winning the physical fight, Zenkichi only has one win condition that is saving Shiranui, he doesn't have to beat Iihiko to do this nor does beating Iihiko neccesarily means he succeeds in doing that anyway, since Iihiko could just die taking Shiranui with him.

Basically Zenkichi success is independent of how the fight goes, it could really go either way.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:35   Link #12003
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If it was ending soon it would have been announced already.
It DOES feel like a climax with the entire main cast dead/dying though, that's for sure.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:51   Link #12004
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Hmm.. It's possible my theory of Nienami being Ajimu is correct, though its obviously still nowhere near confirmed. I'm wondering if Nienami has something to do with Zen's missing memories from middle school, considering her words about him needing to remember all .
Old 2013-02-13, 15:52   Link #12005
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If it was ending soon it would have been announced already.
It DOES feel like a climax with the entire main cast dead/dying though, that's for sure.
Zenkichi Box, where there is no real main character since Zenkichi doesn't have to defeat the arc villain and is simply a leader of sorts. It always made the most logical sense to me considering this manga's ongoing, Medaka always felt shooed in, in her battles against the arc villain, whereas Medaka box is a personality driven story and would benefit more from a passive MC that doesn't have to win the vast majority of the time and can even have others take the final limelight.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:04   Link #12006
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I don't think Zenkichi is going to get out of this one if no one else does. More likely we'll get Torai Box or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm wondering if Nienami has something to do with Zen's missing memories from middle school, considering her words about him needing to remember all.
Well, who the fifth member of Kumagawa's student council was does remain a mystery.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:11   Link #12007
chidorimen

Quote:
I don't think Zenkichi is going to get out of this one if no one else does. More likely we'll get Torai Box or something.

Well, who the fifth member of Kumagawa's student council was does remain a mystery.
Who was the 4th? I remember Ajimu and Akune.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:11   Link #12008
Homura7

Getting another chance to live, even if just for a short amount of time, by saving his best friend he's also gonna save the world, but right now Zenkichi is only facing off Iihiko because of Shiranui.

Since always I knew he didn't became my favorite character for just one or two traits of him, Zenkichi is the true hero of this history. He always was, but is now, in this moment where the future of the whole world is at stake, when the fruits of everything he has done till now are finally blooming with radiance.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:13   Link #12009
Tenchi Hou Take

TBF is the missing memories even a real plot point anymore Kumagawa is a "good" guy Aijimu is dead, unless Nisio is going to bring out another character from nowhere to make it revelant again I don't really see what it adds to the story anymore, back when either Aijimu or Kumagawa was a villain it was relevant not really anymore.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:20   Link #12010
Homura7

If Nisio is ever going to bring back those memories it won't be the part of the trauma but the part when Zenkichi meet Ajimu for the first time.

The question is, how can you bring back something that got wiped out of your mind?
Old 2013-02-13, 16:28   Link #12011
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
If Nisio is ever going to bring back those memories it won't be the part of the trauma but the part when Zenkichi meet Ajimu for the first time.

The question is, how can you bring back something that got wiped out of your mind?
Kumagawa remembers does he not, well at least a lot more than the other two, so it's not really gone at least from a verbal point of view though I'm not really sure they could trust Kumagawa's recollection.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:35   Link #12012
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Who was the 4th? I remember Ajimu and Akune.
Maguro, actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Kumagawa remembers does he not, well at least a lot more than the other two, so it's not really gone at least from a verbal point of view though I'm not really sure they could trust Kumagawa's recollection.
And speaking of, there's a line that the scanlators mistranslated early on in the current arc that suggests Maguro still remembered Ajimu, IIRC.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:37   Link #12013
Thth
???

hmm. I'm still not convinced. All this is probably a setup to Medaka saving Shiranui and defeating Iihiko (99% I'm leaning towards it still).
I know how ridiculous that sounds but thats the way I see it. You'll all get trolled lol
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:40   Link #12014
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This is harking back to the battle of the bands chapter, so, uh, unless Nisio decides that he's going to be completely awful next week we won't get a sudden Medaka victory.
I mean, she's obviously going to come back through some deus ex or another (because at this point it's very obvious that Zenkichi abandoned Devil Style assuming it existed in the first place) but it'd be damned interesting if she and the rest didn't.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:01   Link #12015
Thth
???

Quote:
This is harking back to the battle of the bands chapter, so, uh, unless Nisio decides that he's going to be completely awful next week we won't get a sudden Medaka victory.
I mean, she's obviously going to come back through some deus ex or another (because at this point it's very obvious that Zenkichi abandoned Devil Style assuming it existed in the first place) but it'd be damned interesting if she and the rest didn't.
There was also the post-election scenario with Ajimu. From defeat she went to a victory. The situation is completely different and a hopeless one too, but a possibility is still there. And it need not happen next chapter, during the resolution of the Iihiko scenario she could give the final push to save Shiranui, defeat Iihiko. In every arc till now she has had the final say.
But you certainly are right, I am being excessively paranoid and 99% was pretty much an over-exaggeration. However, IMO considering this manga has been till now, a Medaka comeback and victory (with respect to IIhiko and Shiranui) should not be ruled out. Thats setting yourself up to be trolled (whether its awful or not)...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:19   Link #12016
Homura7

Joutou explained with much clarity why she chose to revive Zenkichi of all people and you still think Medaka is going to make a comeback. *facepalm*

Even in this series with so much twists and unexpected developments there're certain limits, believe it or not. Yes, I think you are being too much paranoid
Old 2013-02-13, 19:34   Link #12017
DawnEmperor

Or how about the hero isn't chosen for some deep reason, it's out of necessity, or "the best thing we've got right now". I think I might have brought this up earlier, but the main character in the end is simply the story of a character(or in an ensemble cast, a set of characters). There's no guarantee of them getting special treatment in-universe, or being all powerful. Sometimes we just see a character's struggle, and sometimes we see their complete and utter failure.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:37   Link #12018
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Joutou explained with much clarity why she chose to revive Zenkichi of all people and you still think Medaka is going to make a comeback. *facepalm*

Even in this series with so much twists and unexpected developments there're certain limits, believe it or not. Yes, I think you are being too much paranoid
Sometimes, an author can cry wolf, causing his audience to become once bitten, twice shy. Even if the wolfcry is not entirely the same as that causing the fans to be shy. Or something.

Anyway, there have been times before when it seemed Zen would accomplish something of worth only, ehh, no. My point is, people have plenty of reason to be paranoid.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:09   Link #12019
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Sometimes, an author can cry wolf, causing his audience to become once bitten, twice shy. Even if the wolfcry is not entirely the same as that causing the fans to be shy. Or something.

Anyway, there have been times before when it seemed Zen would accomplish something of worth only, ehh, no. My point is, people have plenty of reason to be paranoid.
TBF he still did beat Medaka and ultimately saved Shiranui, "beat" Kumagawa with aijimu's help etc only really the black wedding arc was he purposefully trolled.
Old 2013-02-13, 20:25   Link #12020
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF he still did beat Medaka and ultimately saved Shiranui, "beat" Kumagawa with aijimu's help etc only really the black wedding arc was he purposefully trolled.
I said that because I feel that Zenkichi's defeat of Medaka did not cause any lasting changes, despite the manga's insistence that it did (okay, it changed Medaka's hair style -- until recently). For instance, Medaka did not change in personality, despite the manga's insistence that she did. His defeat of Kuma was pretty minor in comparison to everything else, but maybe...
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council