AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 41.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-08, 18:21   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I guess it depends on which side of the fence on sits on that parenting style. Sure its got it's point of teaching a child not to rely on a parent for everything when they are capable of doing it themselves. Some self-reliance and things in that manner.

Both Nanoha and Fate have their own ideas on what is the best way to go about something like this. I don't think its necessarily wrong to help out a child that falls if they can't understand why they are being asked to get back up on their own. Plus this is a situation where the short term could be a very important thing. Never know when a good relationship will have some impact on the plot.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-07-08 at 18:31.
Old 2007-07-08, 18:23   Link #82
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I guess it depends on which side of the fence on sits on that parenting style. Sure its got it's point of teaching a child not to rely on a parent for everything when they are capable of doing it themselves. Some self-reliance and things in that manner.

Though I think you could bring some confusion to the child. You go from taking good care and suddenly tell them to take care of themselves. Maybe it helps in the long run or maybe they'll build up some resentment if there isn't an understanding of why suddenly they are being asked to do something by themselves. Both Nanoha and Fate have their own views on what is in the child's best interest in this case.
I generally tend to err on the side of being extra nice to children who are chained to things and forced to escape through sewers.

Just me personally.
Old 2007-07-08, 18:28   Link #83
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_firefly View Post
I've only got the LQ raw to go by, and trying to make out the text during the ending is not going so well.

Can anyone make out who was voicing the newer numbers that were introduced in this episode? I'm pretty sure I heard some familiar voices.
Quattro mentioned Sette (Seven), Otto (Eight) and Dido (Twelve), whom are currently in tubes. Dieci mentions Nove (whom we've already met, Nine) and Uendi (Eleven, voiced by Marina Inoue, sounds like Yoko from Gurren Lagann), who are active and at the base. Uno mentions Due (Two) and Cinq (Five), who are out on missions at that moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Auris (That adjutant of Regius') is either Due or Cinq.

For a list, here's the ones we know so far:

Uno - One
Due - Two
Tre - Three
Quatro - Four
Cinq - Five (Cinque)
Sein - Six (Sei)
Sette - Seven
Otto - Eight
Nove - Nine
Dieci - Ten
Uendi - Eleven (Undici)
Dido - Twelve (Dodici)
Old 2007-07-08, 18:36   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I generally tend to err on the side of being extra nice to children who are chained to things and forced to escape through sewers.

Just me personally.
Nanoha gave her food, clothes, warm bed, hugs... For free.

Just thought of mentioning.
Old 2007-07-08, 18:56   Link #85
the_firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Quattro mentioned Sette (Seven), Otto (Eight) and Dido (Twelve), whom are currently in tubes. Dieci mentions Nove (whom we've already met, Nine) and Uendi (Eleven, voiced by Marina Inoue, sounds like Yoko from Gurren Lagann), who are active and at the base. Uno mentions Due (Two) and Cinq (Five), who are out on missions at that moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Auris (That adjutant of Regius') is either Due or Cinq.

For a list, here's the ones we know so far:

Uno - One
Due - Two
Tre - Three
Quatro - Four
Cinq - Five (Cinque)
Sein - Six (Sei)
Sette - Seven
Otto - Eight
Nove - Nine
Dieci - Ten
Uendi - Eleven (Undici)
Dido - Twelve (Dodici)
I thought I heard Marina Inoue's Yoko voice,

I just need to work on keeping all these characters straight now,
Old 2007-07-08, 19:08   Link #86
Dark Wing

Quote:

Both Nanoha and Fate have their own ideas on what is the best way to go about something like this. I don't think its necessarily wrong to help out a child that falls if they can't understand why they are being asked to get back up on their own. Plus this is a situation where the short term could be a very important thing. Never know when a good relationship will have some impact on the plot.
While I will agree that Nanoha had a point when she wanted Vivio to get up on her own but Vivio still really young so it's kind of hard to pick a side in this. To me it seems like Nanoha has taken on the role of a dad trying to teach the child to be strong and self reliant while Fate is the kind and gentle mother who babies her child a lot.

Man I can't wait to see the 4kome on this.
Old 2007-07-08, 19:09   Link #87
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:

Keep the new villians straight? I stopped trying a long time ago...

Seeing Nanoha and Fate together really gives you a good feeling to start the day . The Ep is slowpaced as it is expected from calm before the storm. However we did get a feeling for who the client maybe be through we don't get to see their faces...

More then Subaru and Ginga's fight Vivio's moeness stole my heart once again . and I give this Ep +1 for new ED . (Why is Nanoha alone in the endings )
Old 2007-07-08, 19:09   Link #88
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:

Yeah... I made a chart.

I'm sad that it's once again out of date by about 10 characters thanks to a single episode.
Old 2007-07-08, 20:16   Link #89
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
While I will agree that Nanoha had a point when she wanted Vivio to get up on her own but Vivio still really young so it's kind of hard to pick a side in this. To me it seems like Nanoha has taken on the role of a dad trying to teach the child to be strong and self reliant while Fate is the kind and gentle mother who babies her child a lot.

Man I can't wait to see the 4kome on this.
I agree, it was a bit humorous to see the two different parenting styles between Nanoha and Fate. They sure act like a disagreeing couple on how to treat Vivio when she fell down. XD

If that's not another hint that those two are together or hiding something, then I don't know what is. ^^; They sure act like a couple, and now act like parents with Vivio in the picture.

The 3 screens during that meeting room sure felt a lot like Eva's SEELE when Gendo met with other SEELE members.

A showing of hands here who things that Nanoha might end up like "End of Evangelion"?

If you think about it, what IF TSAB goes against Riot Force 6 as SEELE went against NERV towards the end. And, Riot Force 6 is going up against Scagliete's minions at 12 so far. How many Angels did the Eva Pilots go up against? Twelve, right? It's been so long, so I don't remember much about Eva. Just imagine Ep.26 with RF6 vs. TSAB vs. Scagliete's minions. @_@

... if it turns out that way...

But, this episode sure gave Eva vibes all over again when I saw that conference reminding me of SEELE again.

And!!!

Second ending song! It's a really nice song. I especially like the part where they added little Nanoha from Season 1 in it as if tying all 3 seasons together.
Old 2007-07-08, 20:36   Link #90
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Waiting for raw, but DAMN Subaru and Ginga battle = MASSIVE WIN. And Ginga looks much much better kicking the crap out of her sister

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-08, 20:40   Link #91
octoberasian
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Waiting for raw, but DAMN Subaru and Ginga battle = MASSIVE WIN. And Ginga looks much much better kicking the crap out of her sister
I agree. I was actually cheering Ginga on. And, when the dust settled, we see Ginga's fist just inches away from Subaru's face. XD

Last edited by octoberasian; 2007-07-08 at 20:55.
Old 2007-07-08, 21:11   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Haha yeah couldn't help cheer on Ginga myself. Not that I don't like Subaru, just wanted Ginga to win that one and she didn't disapoint.

I think the different personalities with Nanoha and Fate led to just different parenting styles. Doesn't matter to me all that much with the Fate or Yuuno ending with Nanoha. It's a bit of an explosive topic though so I wouldn't get too much into that kind of thing.

Seeing the talking tv's definitely gave you those Evangelion vibes. Though I felt like come on people what's such a big issue that you don't have faces? Maybe they are all ugly or something?
Old 2007-07-08, 21:33   Link #93
octoberasian
*IT Support

Quote:
Haha yeah couldn't help cheer on Ginga myself. Not that I don't like Subaru, just wanted Ginga to win that one and she didn't disapoint.

I think the different personalities with Nanoha and Fate led to just different parenting styles. Doesn't matter to me all that much with the Fate or Yuuno ending with Nanoha. It's a bit of an explosive topic though so I wouldn't get too much into that kind of thing.

Seeing the talking tv's definitely gave you those Evangelion vibes. Though I felt like come on people what's such a big issue that you don't have faces? Maybe they are all ugly or something?
Maybe I should point you to that Nanoha image spoof of that General in her barrier jacket posted in the Image Thread. *shudder*

That could explain all the hiding-behind-TV-screens and such. XD Maybe they're cosplaying in RF6's uniforms and are very jealous of Hayate's cosplay skills and are afraid to show themselves. XD
Old 2007-07-08, 21:41   Link #94
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Maybe I should point you to that Nanoha image spoof of that General in her barrier jacket posted in the Image Thread. *shudder*

That could explain all the hiding-behind-TV-screens and such. XD Maybe they're cosplaying in RF6's uniforms and are very jealous of Hayate's cosplay skills and are afraid to show themselves. XD
Please don't remind me of that.............

Just watched the raw. I can't help but feel disappointed that we didn't get to see the battle between the forwards and the aces although i do understand why they didn't.

moe overload in this ep due to Vivio.

One thing caught my eye though(everything else has already been talked about) around the 15min mark when Regius is walking to his office. Is there really a need for that many people to line the walkway Seems like a waste of resources to me.
Old 2007-07-08, 22:06   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post

Oh the suppressed memory...My eyes they burn!

Yeah that's a good enough reason. Maybe they just think it's cool to be all mysterious with the tvs and things like that.
Old 2007-07-08, 22:11   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
But she wasn't kicking the crap out of Subaru. Unless Ginga was holding back (( maybe, they were high playing the "enjoying the battle" cliche )), it was kind of equal... Ginga was still better, but not really by much.

I guess that explains why Subaru's a siscon though... XP

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-08, 22:15   Link #97
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But she wasn't kicking the crap out of Subaru. Unless Ginga was holding back (( maybe, they were high playing the "enjoying the battle" cliche )), it was kind of equal... Ginga was still better, but not really by much.

I guess that explains why Subaru's a siscon though... XP
I meant generally of course, not in the sense that Ginga was owning Subaru all over the place But still, Ginga in her prime is such a joy to watch

Subaru a siscon? I thought she was a les-

*Revolver Cannon'd*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-08, 22:36   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I meant generally of course, not in the sense that Ginga was owning Subaru all over the place But still, Ginga in her prime is such a joy to watch

Subaru a siscon? I thought she was a les-

*Revolver Cannon'd*
Either way, Subaru needs to be STRAIGHT-en out
Old 2007-07-08, 22:40   Link #99
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Whats a siscon?

@Chaos:
But we need more of her waking up Teana by groping for the comedic effect!
Old 2007-07-08, 22:42   Link #100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Whats a siscon?
Chrono

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
@Chaos:
But we need more of her waking up Teana by groping for the comedic effect!
Hmmm, you're right...
Closed Thread