AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 10:31   Link #41
Tormenk

Hunters on expert can incap a survivor in seconds, the fire tactic is more commonly practiced in versus, though the latest patch has nerfed the fire damage down to almost nothing.

As for throwing pipe bombs, there is the off-chance the tank will be stunned when it goes off. Chances of the tank staying around for that to happen is another matter altogether of course.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:33   Link #42
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

That game is so much fun to play with friends on LAN.
Me and me mates gave up playing that on expert though, it is just frustratingly hard. Whenever we restarted we got owned in an entire different section than before and sometimes thanks to an unexpected tank hiding behind the corner and getting a horde or miniboss spawned on us from the back. Of course the new weapons aren't there sometimes either which didn't gave us much hope and lowered our moral a lot.
It's definitely doable with good players and/or a good balanced team whose members have played with each other a lot recently, but as my own group didn't really played any significant Multi-fps since more than 5+ years, we decided to lower the level to advanced instead (and we still died a lot).
Nevertheless it is an excellent game to play on LAN (I just don't like Steam's system where you can't play it without logging in online first, not even when you only wanna play it on the Local Network)
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 11:44   Link #43
Azley
hate yourself with style~
*Graphic Designer

Got this game 2 days ago (XBox360 - german, uncut from austria) and have to say it's damn awesome - dunno why so many people complain about the lack of story - heck: if a zombie epidemic would break out would you stomp on the ground shouting "where's the story? Thats lame!" Left 4 dead is great fun especially when you don't play alone but even them -> killing hordes of undead never gets boring

Bah - I hate the smoker -> the weakest yet the most annoying in the game 8at least for me ~)
Old 2009-03-31, 07:42   Link #44
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I just don't like Steam's system where you can't play it without logging in online first, not even when you only wanna play it on the Local Network)
You can play this game on LAN without logging into steam, just set your client to Offiline mode and you can play all the Lan you want!

But wheres the fun just playing co-op mode? Versus mode is where its at.
Theres nothing like getting 3 other mates to help you whoop noobs till its 5999 against 590 points : )
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:19   Link #45
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
You can play this game on LAN without logging into steam, just set your client to Offiline mode and you can play all the Lan you want!

But wheres the fun just playing co-op mode? Versus mode is where its at.
Theres nothing like getting 3 other mates to help you whoop noobs till its 5999 against 590 points : )
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the info.
Well you see, me and me friends for some inexplicable reason always preferred playing multiplayer on cooperative in most genres be it RTS, hack & slash RPG, FPS whatever since probably Hidden and Dangerous 1. Unfortunately not many quality games comes out with inbuilt Co-op mode, that's why we tried L4D out too. We haven't even played really with the other modes yet, but probably gonna give it a go once we get bored with co-op (we don't have the oppurtinity to play often).
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 10:53   Link #46
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol there are some photo by Fanmade :

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...t&catid=2:news

Very good photos , i like them .
Just one thing , i don't know who is the 5th guy lol .

Yes we can , here a video who show you that we can play with 12 survivors LOL !
It was unexpected but they do a great job .
Link for the video and explanation how to install :

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...d&catid=2:news

And don't forget , the DLC will be out on April 21
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 03:49   Link #47
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

This game is like really amazing. Even the girls in our class who you'd least expect to play this game actually play it.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 10:41   Link #48
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i was playing it with my frends 3 weeks ago (pc version)

well on expert mode were kinda use to each other

though i must admit

sniper rifle should get some more oomp and as for the shotgun nerfing i was down hearted for a while but im happy again for it was more challenging expecialy for some new maps created by fans >_<

any way

why most people prefer shotguns??

i used em and i found it more hard than rifle(or submachine gun)

or is it my playing style??

also having one hunting rifle user is a savior on ammo usage >_<

also did you know there is a bug in No mercy last stage both human and infected can go under ground but its only true well for hunter that it is true but other infected cant sink into the ground

as for the survivor part aslong as you have a dual pistol you can explaoit it hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:50   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
any way

why most people prefer shotguns??
Zombie ---> Shotgun.
Old 2009-04-02, 12:28   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not so much playing style as perhaps understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of weapon.

shotgun has a severe range limitation (though the autoload upgrade oddly seems to have a bit more range) -- but in close quarters you can take down several zombies with one shot.

The M16 I have the most luck with as a combo sniping/close action tool, especially as I got better with ranged headshots. The machine pistol has much less stopping power -- I'd almost rather use a pistol or dual pistols.

So far the sniper rifle has been nothing but my doom

Haven't had a chance to play the new maps yet.... first I've heard of a shotgun nerf :P
Old 2009-04-02, 12:44   Link #51
Tormenk

Might want to get around and play a few rounds. Feel for yourself how the implementation of 'melee fatigue' affects the game now. Basically, survivors have a cooldown period added into melee swings, preventing them from spamming the function.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 12:58   Link #52
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Zombie ---> Shotgun.
AHAHAHAHA. That is the typical of all zombie outbreak games. I blame Resident Evil (the second weapon you find is ALWAYS the shotgun).

I was hoping that the shotgun nerf won't affect the M1014 (assault shotgun). It is probably my favourite weapon if I don't play at LAN cafes. I usually pick up the hunting rifle in the safehouse, go out there and snipe anything I see out from long range, then go back in for the 1014 or M16 (or until my mates complain that I am wasting their time).

I used to think that the Uzi is useless, until I found a neat trick to use it.

1. When you see a zombie, charge at it and aim for somewhere between the neck and the chest.

2. Spray half or 1/3 a clip at it.

3. If it goes down, rinse, wash and repeat.

4. If not, fire a burst at its head, it should already be stumbling for you to take the shot. If you are feeling good for a thrill, go in an melee it.

5. NEVER. NEVER. Empty your entire mag in a single spray (that is basic logic for any weapon you use, even IRL). Nor fire in bursts initially because it is USELESS with that caliber of bullet.

Usually I just take the shotgun. I take the Uzi if nobody else does. There is always a need for someone in the team to give a mid-range suppressive fire to prevent zombies from groping your teammates from behind.

Yes I rarely use the M16. Not my type of weapon, chews through ammo too fast when hitting stuff like the Tank or Witch. I would have used it if it takes just one shot to decapicate a zombie (takes 1.5 actually, 1-3 rounds from your pistol then 1 shot to the head with the M16), or it has a slower automatic RF (so I can execute doubletaps without chewing through 3-5 rounds sometimes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
This game is like really amazing. Even the girls in our class who you'd least expect to play this game actually play it.
I have seen a couple of girls fighting to use Zoe (I regret bringing them to the LAN cafe for that). It is a pity she is the only female character ingame (I would usually choose her anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
As for throwing pipe bombs, there is the off-chance the tank will be stunned when it goes off. Chances of the tank staying around for that to happen is another matter altogether of course.
I think circlestrafing works here. I have the tendency to be chosen as the bait ingame for the Tank and the Witch (because none of my friends WANTS to be, and being the neutral party doesn't seem to help), and being a lousy FPS player I try to run around stuff with that thing close behind me (like a small house, vehicle, etc).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-04-02 at 13:12.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 04:29   Link #53
hiruma01

Its a pretty good game.. I really like zombie games but if you finish all the stage u'll feel bored i wish they won't stop adding additional map to make the game exciting
hiruma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:19   Link #54
Davad
We're soul-brothers.

Send a message via MSN to Davad
Heh, there are many great things about this game. Yet there are also these super anoyying ones. In the early days of it, you were able to do a kenshiro-fast-paced melee attacks on zombies, just by simply switching your weapons and using melee all the time, fun bug that was.

One way or another, i can't wait for the new addon adding the new things, ala survivor mode, and i think two more campaigns.
Davad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:15   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was hoping for more weapons like a grenade launcher or a SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon), and a GPMG emplacement which you can carry around.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 07:20   Link #56
Davad
We're soul-brothers.

Send a message via MSN to Davad
No, i doubt it would happen. Unless they'll decide to add weapons the same way TF2 did, but then again you find the weapons along the way on the campaign, so in the end it wouldn't really work :/
Davad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 09:01   Link #57
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

i just tried the new blood hospital campaign..
holy shit!! so damn hard!
specialized zombies alert hordes!! XD
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:01   Link #58
Xvoki

The voice dialogue in this game is absolutely hilarious, especially when you get jumped on.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 16:47   Link #59
Nya_Chan
Proud Fujoshi

Ah, I love this game.

I enjoy playing with the Auto Shotgun, simply because the other weapons aren't my taste and I enjoy rushing in a crowd of zombies and shooting rapidly everywhere.

Which I know isn't the best tactic at times, but it's fun. :3

And I suck playing as an Infected, especially the Tank for some reason.
Nya_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:28   Link #60
plmko

You want to keep most people on shotgun because you can mow down zombie hordes in a tight corridor quicker, also because the shotgun can shoot through zombies easier its perfect for running around and clearing paths.
You never take the sniper rifle because its quite redundant when you have the M16, the M16 can also shoot through walls and it has enough range to be as deadly. The sniper has too slow rate of fire and has some serious friendly fire damage ( its almost one shot incapacitation in Expert, quite easy to accidentally do when your scoped).
Finally another reason why the shotgun trumps all is because the M16 is kinda made useless when you have Dual pistols, if you can click fast enough the pistols are almost has rapid as the rifle and despite the sounds and size the pistols do almost identical damage.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie