AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 13:03   Link #6481
quagmire

I love how they put the new animation of the Strike's destruction in Destiny, but gave us the original scene in Seed's remaster( unless you bought the DVD set of course).

And that is the only goodie in this episode. Still just touching up the original scenes mostly with no new scenes......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 14:58   Link #6482
S.Freedom

After watching the episode I have one wish. That they do Luna's character some justice instead of dumbing her down. She had potential but they flushed her down the drain and had her hook up with Shin.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2013-04-19 at 17:21.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:09   Link #6483
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
After watching the episode I have one wish. That they do Luna's character some justice instead of dumbing her down. She had potential but they flushed her down the drain and had her hook up with Shin.
They should have Athrun get both sisters by the ending XD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 19:48   Link #6484
S.Freedom

Now that would be an interesting development indeed.

Honestly I'd always secretly hoped they rebuilt the savior for Luna's use. And have a side character like Riika Shedder come in as the Impulse's new pilot. I mean it has the right color scheme and we could get some development with her removing the weakness with guns. Perhaps at the hands of Athrun so she doesn't get strangled by Shin's red string of fate.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2013-04-19 at 21:46.
Old 2013-04-19, 23:31   Link #6485
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 01:20   Link #6486
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Spoiler:
what, i really don't get where you're going with this? what does Luna's love triangle with Shinn/Stella have to do with that?
Old 2013-04-20, 11:53   Link #6487
S.Freedom

As best I can tell it's either because I suggested Athrun would train Luna to remove her weakness with guns.* Or because I suggested I didn't like the LunaxShin pairing.

*Because heaven for bid the two characters be in the same room without Luna becoming a drooling mess over Athrun-sama right?
Old 2013-04-20, 14:25   Link #6488
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
As best I can tell it's either because I suggested Athrun would train Luna to remove her weakness with guns.* Or because I suggested I didn't like the LunaxShin pairing.

*Because heaven for bid the two characters be in the same room without Luna becoming a drooling mess over Athrun-sama right?
http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page224.html
choose first choice for the lolz
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 15:49   Link #6489
Aquaman OS

Funny thing is Cagalli isn't exactly wrong. It was because Zaft made the second stage Gundam's that Phantom Pain was able to steal them, and thus cause the lead in to the war again.

Junius 7 might still have happened, but no PP to take footage of it, and with the Minerva with all Gundam's on board intercepting they might have stopped it entirely.

Of course that might have been exactly why Durandal made them.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 16:06   Link #6490
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Of course that might have been exactly why Durandal made them.
Hmm, you know, the fact that Phantom Pain didn't even know about the Impulse does make it seem like the other three mobile suits were "discovered" via a controlled leak of information.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 16:22   Link #6491
Aquaman OS

Yeah. People suspected that from day one of the original airing.
Old 2013-04-20, 17:12   Link #6492
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah. People suspected that from day one of the original airing.
What did the TSA found in Durandal's house:
Spoiler:

And Lacus's plan to use it against Durandal:

Old 2013-04-20, 19:45   Link #6493
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
http://kenkoudaa.sakura.ne.jp/page224.html
choose first choice for the lolz
Oh god I needed that laugh.

Seriously Kira is such a pimp getting both of the Hawk sister while Shinn/Athrun get nothing. I suppose he's just that awesome to get three chicks like that.

@monster Like I said, the combination of the EA stealing the Abyss, Giaia, Chaos with Junius 7's fall happened way to close together for the two events to be completely coincidental.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:27   Link #6494
Aquaman OS

Oh there's more than enough hints that Durandal essentially orchestrated the entire war, to give a reason to get rid of Logos and force his Destiny Plan in place. The series just never confirmed any of it and instead forgot about most of these early plot hooks.

But since people hate Kira and want him to be evil, they use that as an excuse that Durandal must be innocent because there isn't enough evidence to try him in a court of law (which is freaking ridiculous because this isn't real life for one, and two there have been tons of Gundam villains that played people and got away with it. Stringing people along to do the dirty work for you isn't technically a crime.)

Like the team that first attacked Kira. Durandal is really the only possible culprit barring some unnamed other party that never made another move for the rest of the series, but they stubbornly insist that because the show never outright confirmed it, he therefore must be innocent.

I really hope the Remaster at least outright confirms whether Durandal did any of this so there can be no more hiding.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:41   Link #6495
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

the damage has been done already. if it was done on 2004, it would've been at least satisfying and would've set up things correctly.
Old 2013-04-20, 22:02   Link #6496
Aquaman OS

Then again the fact that they added Rey saying "Your service is no longer needed" before blowing Djbril away in the Special Edition kind of made that point clear already.
Old 2013-04-20, 23:14   Link #6497
Skye629

Everything pointed towards Durandal as the puppet master behind the scenes

But I would say his plan was risky, he more or less was gambling on the fact that Logos and the Federation would act as he predicted, and of course Lacus and Co were wild cards (which he did obviously had multiple plans for)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:24   Link #6498
Aquaman OS

True, although Djbril was insanely easy to predict. He'd just keep on throwing out atrocity after atrocity and pretty much painted the perfect picture of Durandal being the good guy.

With Lacus, he seemed to try to immediately kill her with that hit squad, so that his fake Lacus would be unopposed. But even after they got away he knew that so long as he sent Minerva against Orb Kira would interfere regardless of how it would make him look, making it all the easier for him to order Freedom destroyed without looking like the bad guy. And Kira's intefering would make Shinn hate him all the more, so his own personal super Gundam pilot would get the drive to beat him.

As for Athrun, he clearly wanted Athrun on his side and did his best to play on his sympathy's and daddy issues (note in the latest ep how he gets Talia to mention they have no more MS pilots and then looks at Athrun afterwards.) But Athrun was too loyal to Kira and company. But by the time he had had enough it was seemingly too late and Athrun had nobody to help him, allowing Shinn to easily pick him off during his escape. And Athrun really in the end was a minor player while he was with Durandal.

His only really flaw was underestimating Kira and Athrun's Jesus skills that let them survive cockpit stabs. Kira survived, made it to save Lacus, got SF, and suddenly Durandal had a major thorn in his side.
Old 2013-04-20, 23:26   Link #6499
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Everything pointed towards Durandal as the puppet master behind the scenes

But I would say his plan was risky, he more or less was gambling on the fact that Logos and the Federation would act as he predicted, and of course Lacus and Co were wild cards (which he did obviously had multiple plans for)
Well, it was harder for Logos/EF not to do what he had predicted of them to. Being extremists, there's a certain degree of predictability to their behaviour. It's as if Logos/EF were a monster run amok, and Durandal/ZAFT had the tranquilizer to stop it. By deliberating missing his shots, he only served to antagonise the monster further, and by controlling the number of shots he missed, he could affect the amount of devastation that the monster is about to unleash. And when Logos/EF served its purpose, all Durandal really had to do was to aim at its heart (Logos) and every bit of resistance the EF could summon falls apart.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:47   Link #6500
Gundamx

Djbril was sooo useless as final boss(or even mid boss) unlike Muruta Azrael...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep