AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 11:02   Link #1181
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Transliterating the diphthong "おう" as "o" or "ou" are both acceptable methods.
Opinions on the matter vary, but it is a fact that both methods are widely used.
I agree with you, that's why I've never commented on those in the respective series's threads. There are so many different ways to translate the same thing and it's impossible to satisfy both the Nazis and the Liberals . And I've also made mistakes before, especially when trying to watch anime after a few drinks My remarks and comparisons were an attempt to tell people not to nitpick on how I choose to spell what I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
I always thought it's okay to use ô instead?
(Though I usually write "ou" since I think it looks nicer)
If we want to continue, there are more appropriate threads to talk about this, so let's stop the derailing.

BOT:
A question: So far, how's the pacing like? I just saw that there are a lot of volumes, hope they can continue to make new seasons and not mess it up by rushing Though content-wise, its sales might flunk it. But then again, Mikasa might save it
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:08   Link #1182
Tenzen12

On youtube piano version of OP.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:09   Link #1183
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
A question: So far, how's the pacing like? I just saw that there are a lot of volumes, hope they can continue to make new seasons and not mess it up by rushing Though content-wise, its sales might flunk it. But then again, Mikasa might save it
I'd say the pacing so far is nice.
They chose to show the training right at the beginning to show it in a chronological order (which I appreciate, because it got so confusing sometimes in the manga I had to go back a few pages to check what's happening )

Like some other people I hope they end this season at chapter 34 since it closes the arc before but starts right off with a nice cliffhanger which could indicate a second season.

Hopefully they don't come up with an original end for the anime
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:12   Link #1184
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I am satisfied with how IG is dealing with this adaption, so far it's pretty good. It is very faithful to the original where it doesn't make sense to change anything and it changes or add stuff where the original was a a bit lacking. This is how every adaption should be in my opinion.

Sure there are some minor points here and there, Mikasa's chara design, Eren's hysterical fit was a bit out of character, but excluding those it's almost perfect.

There's really nothing that I can complain about this third episode.

Tetsuro Araki confirms himself to be a very good director to me. It's rare for me to consider an anime better than the manga it is adapted from, but he managed to make me think so with Death Note.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:14   Link #1185
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I don't think they can anymore considering how faithful to manga they were with this foreshadowing heavy episode ... well, you know what I'm talking about
Old 2013-04-21, 11:17   Link #1186
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Spoiler for Manga Comparison:

Spoiler for Prediction for a Second Season:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-04-21 at 11:43.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:21   Link #1187
Iron Maw
Banned

^You should probably edit that post, even implying that stuff is a spoiler.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:26   Link #1188
Accelolita_

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
The pacing is really well done compares to the manga.....

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
I can only agree with you there.
The only flashback I think was placed okay-ish was one from the most recent chapters (manga readers will probably know which one I mean). But some others I was like "Huh, what's that" and I honestly had to reread
I like the anime version better, regarding the flashback's placing :3
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:32   Link #1189
Tenzen12

Spoiler for Not only sasha get this Threatment... (Probably NSFW):

Spoiler for shiping war:
Old 2013-04-21, 11:35   Link #1190
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
The pacing is really well done compares to the manga.....

Spoiler for Manga Comparison:
You should probably edit the spoiler tags to make it more clear what the spoiler is about. (Manga Comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?faq=animesuki_faq#faq_spoilerpolicy
Spoilers are permitted in limited circumstances, provided that they are posted under clearly marked spoiler tags. These exceptions include:
  • Posting and discussing content found on official sites or blogs.
  • Answering specific questions about past or current events using knowledge of the source material, so long as these questions will not be answered by the adaptation itself in the future. (We strongly encourage posters to discuss any spoilers via PM, rather than in the work's discussion thread.)
  • Comparing events in an adaptation to the way they were presented in the source material or other adaptations. (Discussions about the source material itself, or extended comparisons should be directed to the appropriate manga/novel/game thread.)
  • Comparing one story to another, when such comparisons are useful or informative. (These spoiler tags must always be labeled with the name of the other work whose spoilers it contains.)

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-04-21 at 13:36.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:48   Link #1191
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

^Take that image down before a mod cuts you to pieces...and watch your spoilers FFS.
Post them in the manga thread if you want to...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:04   Link #1192
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
^Take that image down before a mod cuts you to pieces...and watch your spoilers FFS.
Post them in the manga thread if you want to...
I second that,feel free to post it in the manga thread

And yeah,one of the benefits of doing the training arc now is that it gives the characters a more memorable intro than what they had in the manga,Sasha is the best example of this, after the patato scene you'll have no trouble remembering who she is.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:00   Link #1193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's too bad that Eren and Mikasa are on very different wavelengths right now. Of course it really is easy for people to misunderstand each other. No matter how much she'd prefer him to stay somewhere safer, it's just not where he wants to be.

A lot of them may have come there for social appearances or to live easily, but that's not likely to work out. Can only imagine how they are going to freak out whenever the worst happens. Things aren't going to stay quiet for too long.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:25   Link #1194
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If it were up to Mikasa she would have pulled a Gasai Yuno, take him to an abandoned and safe place, chain him up to a chair and keep him there...safe and sound.
Old 2013-04-21, 13:29   Link #1195
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's too bad that Eren and Mikasa are on very different wavelengths right now.
I wonder how they think of each other? Does Eren see her strictly as a sister? Does Misaka have feelings beyond wanting to protect him?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 13:57   Link #1196
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder how they think of each other? Does Eren see her strictly as a sister? Does Misaka have feelings beyond wanting to protect him?
The only thing that is certain is that Eren is for Mikasa the most important thing that she has, and... it's not like she has anything else really, objectively speaking, but unlike her Eren has a "mission" (destroy the titans) and a dream (join the recon corps and see the world outside the walls).
He cares about Mikasa but nothing suggests that he sees her as anything more than a sister, and we've seen that sometimes he finds her annoying.
There is absolutely nothing that suggests that he sees her as a woman nor that he as any interest in the other sex in general, he's still a kid in many ways and you can forgive him than since he's still 12 at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If it were up to Mikasa she would have pulled a Gasai Yuno, take him to an abandoned and safe place, chain him up to a chair and keep him there...safe and sound.
I know that people want to think of her as a Yandere, but Mikasa isn't crazy. She's broken, but not crazy...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 14:11   Link #1197
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
The only thing that is certain is that Eren is for Mikasa the most important thing that she has, and... it's not like she has anything else really, objectively speaking, but unlike her Eren has a "mission" (destroy the titans) and a dream (join the recon corps and see the world outside the walls).
He cares about Mikasa but nothing suggests that he sees her as anything more than a sister, and we've seen that sometimes he finds her annoying.
There is absolutely nothing that suggests that he sees her as a woman nor that he as any interest in the other sex in general, he's still a kid in many ways and you can forgive him than since he's still 12 at the moment.
tl;dr
For now:
She's his sister.
He's all she has left.

Quote:
I know that people want to think of her as a Yandere, but Mikasa isn't crazy. She's broken, but not crazy...
I was kidding, I know Mikasa and I know how a Yandere really is...though it is true that she rather drag him away to a safe place than have him in the military, but she doesn't because she knows he's never agree to it and do his best to go fight titans again.
Old 2013-04-21, 14:15   Link #1198
Tenzen12

Lets just have her be Yandere it's more fun
Old 2013-04-21, 14:42   Link #1199
MartianMage

Mikasa crushing Sasha's hopes and dreams just like that...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 15:12   Link #1200
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Mikasa crushing Sasha's hopes and dreams just like that...
Well it was her bread anyway.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence