AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 09:26   Link #30801
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mostly Nanoha, Vita, and Signum, last I checked. I remember Fate regretting being unable to train him and Caro as much due to her having to make investigations.
Investigations we never actually see her make. And does she ever turn up anything useful?

Another waste of potential by the writers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Medusa become Rider despite never having used Pegasus, or any form of mount for that matters, in her entire life
The Nasuverse reality about Pegasus, apparently, is supposed to be different from the real world legend.

Namely, Poseidon did not rape Medusa, Pegasus was a gift from the Olympian god of oceans and horses, Athena was simply jealous that the Gorgons' followers loved them more than hers loved her, Stheno and Euralye were immortal little girls with no power whatsoever, and Medusa was turned into a monster by the collective unconscious of humanity as she killed more and more men who sought to kill her and rape her sisters.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 10:20   Link #30802
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The Gorgon sisters took the form of mankind's ideal godesses. Everyone in ancient Greece was a lolicon

Old 2011-11-14, 10:54   Link #30803
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Pony Nanoha and Pony Vivio!

Why'd you bother asking if we wanted to see it if you were gonna post it anyway?

Quote:
And no, Erio can't be an Assassin. Only Hassan can be summoned as Assassin (Kojiro was an abberation) because 1.) He's the etymology of the word assassin, and 2.) other assassins in the world are either a.) completely unknown or b.) not considered heros.
Does that second part really matter? Villains can easily be summoned as Servants too.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:36   Link #30804
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Why'd you bother asking if we wanted to see it if you were gonna post it anyway?
... You're not angry, right? That would make me a sad bronie... I-I mean! User! A sad user, that's what I said. >.>

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hye guys check it out!

This remind sme the days when we just enjoyed posting images for the sake of having fun (and trolling, uhumm...) and avoid any kind of discussion, ahhh... good times.
Old 2011-11-14, 11:40   Link #30805
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

*looks at the Nanoha/Nasuverse discussion and jumps in with gusto*

I also like the flexibility the main story of Fate/Stay Night bring about the election of Servants. Raiser mentioned that a Servant classed is strictly defined by weapon but that's not always true. future Shirou qualified as an Archer servant because of his approach-style to battle and he also uses an actual bow, but Gilgamesh never uses such a thing, even if he uses his vast array of weapons as projectiles he never used a bow, he didn't even need to "aim" properly because of the wide area covered by the Gate of Babylon no he adopt any shooting pose while using it beyond smiling while crossing his arms xDU. That alone brings Hayate some chance to qualify for the Archer class, sure she needs Rein to aim ...when she's shooting from DOZENS of miles away, in clear sight distance her spells are usually so big that aim is near-meaningless(case in point: Heimdall, Dark Emission, Atem des Eises), in my opinion Hayate will fare better as a caster because of the benefits of the class supporting her "squishy wizard" status but she's not entirely "negated" from the Archer class. I wonder if Teana could qualify for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Nove, Vivio, and Vita wouldn't qualify because they were never consumed by madness. The madness enhancement can only be added to those who had gone mad in their lives like Hercules did when he murdered his family.
Really, Vita nearly lost her mind in her debut fight against Nanoha, beating the poor girl within an inch of her life and almost breaking the golden rule the Wolkenritter stablished about not killing anyone, a rule she herself proposed to the others. Fortunately Fate, Yuiuno and Arf came in time to cold her head a bit and then even Signum chastises her for losing her cool in battle. Also her "smashing things until they cease to move" combat-style fits her well in the Berserker class ...also she seems to be the most resilent of the Wolkenritter by faaaar, taking and standing up to injuries that could disable Signum with ease. Plus, the Berserker class seems to be indifferent to the weapons used by the servant in question as long as it fits the combat-style.

About Erio i guess he's propossed to the Assasin class based on his skills and speed which i guess if fine, i think he's more fitted to be a Lancer class because he have all the elements present. I'm councious of the "only-Hassan members" rule of the Assasin class but we can always cheat a little about that like Caster does xD! Erio could be a damn good fake Assasin! ...also i think Cinque could be a good assasin too.

Nothing much to say about Signum. Outstanding swordsmaship? Check. Heroic backstory within a remembered authority position? Check(if a bit tragic). Standing up to attacks instead of dodging(even if that's a terribly moronic descicion sometimes xDU)? Check. She's pretty much stranded into the Saber class, she doesn't have enough tricks or proven feats with Bogenform to apply to the Archer class in my opinion.

Repost of an old favourite xD

Spoiler for ...Laevatein meet his match ...again xD:

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 11:54   Link #30806
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Does that second part really matter? Villains can easily be summoned as Servants too.
It did initially until Avenger fucked everything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
future Shirou qualified as an Archer servant because of his approach-style to battle and he also uses an actual bow, but Gilgamesh never uses such a thing, even if he uses his vast array of weapons as projectiles he never used a bow, he didn't even need to "aim" properly because of the wide area covered by the Gate of Babylon no he adopt any shooting pose while using it beyond smiling while crossing his arms xDU.
Archer class requires the use of projectiles, not a bow. In Fate/Extra you initially think Shinji's Rider is an Archer because she dual wields pistols.

Quote:
Plus, the Berserker class seems to be indifferent to the weapons used by the servant in question as long as it fits the combat-style.
Any hero can be a Berserker so long as they had gone berserk sometime in their life. Mad enhancement boosts all stats in exchange for the loss of sanity so it's usually used on weaker heros. What weapons they can use depends on the loss of sanity. Hercules can swing a sword easily enough, but he can't use his most powerful Noble Phantasm, a bow, because he doesn't have the mental capacity to use it.

Old 2011-11-14, 12:32   Link #30807
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
This remind sme the days when we just enjoyed posting images for the sake of having fun (and trolling, uhumm...) and avoid any kind of discussion, ahhh... good times.
And yet, not even that many pages ago, people were complaining about the lack of talk in this thread.

Can't please everyone, I guess.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:00   Link #30808
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for FSN and Nanoha StrikerS:
Old 2011-11-14, 13:10   Link #30809
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
This isn't up for debate. Lancers use lances/spears, Sabers use swords, Archers use projectiles, and Berserkers have to have gone berserker at some point in their life.

This is not my interpretation or anything. These are the laws of the Nasu Universe.

Unlike Nanoha, Type Moon works have shit loads of background details and explainations for everything.

I found this image really creepy for some reason, I think it's the smile.

I'd like to participate in the Nasuverse/Nanoha discussion but the test of my knowledge is more than I studied for, I'm out of my depth.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:27   Link #30810
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And yet, not even that many pages ago, people were complaining about the lack of talk in this thread.

Can't please everyone, I guess.
No one was complaining about that.

In my earlier post I was just saying that since there were no images on Pixiv lately that I felt were good enough to keep I should post stuff that other people would like instead. I wasn't saying "No one is commenting on my images so I should post what they like in order to get comments."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Kojiro was an error in the system and should not be used as any sort of norm. Erio is not and will never be suitable for the Assassin class. Due would be, but no one knows who she is.

Old 2011-11-14, 13:33   Link #30811
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Excellent image of pre-teens Arisa and Susuka, Arisa looks lovely here, also Susuka xD

Long-haired Arisa is the best Arisa xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I wonder if Fate's method against Berserker could work against the likes of Hercules and Jack the Ripper xDDD!!!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 13:48   Link #30812
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Fate can be Lance. Being Lancer is suffering and being Fate is suffering.

Plus I imagine there is a lot of slash fic of Archer x Lancer...and what do you know, there is a lot of slash fic for Archer (Nanoha) and Lancer (Fate).
(Amazing what a little image and a little question will do sometimes)
Old 2011-11-14, 14:16   Link #30813
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

What the hell did I write -- four am?! Oh hell. I don't remember writing any of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Fate can be Lance. Being Lancer is suffering and being Fate is suffering.

Plus I imagine there is a lot of slash fic of Archer x Lancer...and what do you know, there is a lot of slash fic for Archer (Nanoha) and Lancer (Fate).
(Amazing what a little image and a little question will do sometimes)
No. There's barely any Archer x Lancer (thank god). A Google search brings up deviant-art, a few doujin, and your post.

On a more general note, you guys sure you want the characters of Nanoha being Servants? The nature of that means they are all dead and bound to the Throne of Heroes, each of them isolated and alone, and their soul removed from the cycle of transmigration.

Their only existence will be to fight each other to the death at every Grail War.

EDIT:

Last edited by Tempy; 2011-11-14 at 14:17. Reason: Ha ha. Picture.
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 14:25   Link #30814
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Repost of an old favourite xD

Spoiler for ...Laevatein meet his match ...again xD:
I'd be also worried about Master Spark and Musou Tensei.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:57   Link #30815
Justin_Brett

Quote:
It did initially until Avenger fucked everything up.
I'd say he just made things interesting, but if that's what let Fate/Zero Caster get summoned, I'm inclined to agree.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:55   Link #30816
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Double Breaker:
Old 2011-11-14, 19:05   Link #30817
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

That's dumb. Why wouldn't they have Vivio fighting an Einhart wearing her original barrier jacket with the mask?
Old 2011-11-14, 19:07   Link #30818
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Why would they?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:08   Link #30819
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Maybe thats the character of the argument: fashion

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:33   Link #30820
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

If the image is supposed to have the current versions fight their 'evil' versions, the 'evil' Einhart should be wearing the outfit she had when she was an antagonist.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw