AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 20:55   Link #23101
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Ch. 56 was pretty good, but I can't believe we waited so long for a 17 page chapter. Call me greedy, but expected something a LITTLE longer considering the gap between releases.
17 pages??? it is 35 (or 33 if you include double page spreads as one page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
As for Alucard, he don't look like no vampire!
I think Ikeda bases it on the true from of Dracula in various Castlevania Games while none that I have seen are as way out as Alucard they tend to head in that direction

there is a heavy Castlevania atmosphere in season II

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-09-03 at 21:29.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 21:34   Link #23102
XxSleepyxX
Learner

So like I honestly doubt she'll control Alucard. Especially since she doesn't have the blood or whatever you call it. Poor akuha... seems like she got brain washed. I wonder if Moka will be able to save her mother now that Alucard awakens. Tsune inherits Alucards power wooo. I want to see that.
Old 2012-09-04, 00:15   Link #23103
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
So like I honestly doubt she'll control Alucard. Especially since she doesn't have the blood or whatever you call it. Poor akuha... seems like she got brain washed. I wonder if Moka will be able to save her mother now that Alucard awakens. Tsune inherits Alucards power wooo. I want to see that.
Her blood doesn't have anything to do with it, since she controls the beast through, Moka's Rosario - and the details of how that device actually works, and what it means, when it comes to the whole situation with Outer Moka, haven't been revealed yet.

And while, obviously the situation is bad, it's a little better then what would have occurred, if Alucard was just rampaging around eating everyone present on the Fairy Tale's Floating Garden.

At the very least, it gives the protagonists a reasonable way of dealing with the whole situation with Alucard's awakening.

And I doubt that Tsukune is going to inherit Alucard's power, his current "berserk form" / true form, already looks pretty inhuman and there is no need to make it worse.

Not to mention, as was portrayed in the latest chapter, Tsukune has already pretty big issues with taking control over the power of Moka's Shinso blood, that has been injected into him, and became his own blood and power.

I doubt that his human mentality will be capable of surviving, if he inherits Alucard's power as well.

At least he hadn't any mental issues, when he reached the limit of power, that he is capable of safely controlling, which is a quite significant progress.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 03:05   Link #23104
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
17 pages??? it is 35 (or 33 if you include double page spreads as one page)

I think Ikeda bases it on the true from of Dracula in various Castlevania Games while none that I have seen are as way out as Alucard they tend to head in that direction

there is a heavy Castlevania atmosphere in season II
There is a lot of elements from other animes too. I'm not saying its bad though.
Although i'm really looking forward to see alucard's human form or something because i'm not really digging alucard's alien like form. Makes me really curious how the first vampire look liked in human form.

....or is he really the first vampire?
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 03:06   Link #23105
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Was Fairy Tail fodder for Alucard all along, when he wakes up and is hungry?

Seems like there's still more to Akua, was Jasmine a friend of hers before she was adopted into Moka's family?

So Tsukune's power ups come with a price, not that surprising. His Ghoul form most likely plays a greater roll later on. Maybe since he has some Shinso blood, Alucard can control his Ghoul form?
Seems like it, so Raika and Sai-Lung are bound to become dinner as well, along with everyone else inside the fortress. Little wonder why Kuyou fled, he must've known what would've happened once Gruesome awakened.

As for Jasmine, considering she referred to Akuha as "onee-chan," that would've made her Akuha's little sister from China. Sounds like a similar situation that happened at Castle Shuzen happened in China as well. As the old saying goes, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, I get what you're saying...

If Tsukune goes into Shinso Ghoul mode, theoretically, he should also fall under the Rosario's sway the same way that Alucard is. Only by Tsukune's sheer force of will is he able to curb the violence of the blood by the tiniest of margins to allow his friends some hope as with the case with Kurumu.

But also, it shouldn't work since the blood is working off two very different bases here - with Alucard being a vampire and Tsukune being a human. The frequencies that the Rosario is using to control Alucard might not work on Tsukune's Shinso Ghoul form.

If they are close enough to excercise control over both Alucard and Tsukune, then forget Houston - World, we have a problem.
That would only be true if Gyokuro knew about his blood. Her actions definitely say otherwise, she sees him as nothing more than a nuisance to be eliminated. Ah well, live and learn and all that.

Quote:
Awesome chapter. Things are really heating up. I had hoped Tsukune would be stronger. I hope there is a surprise on that front in the coming chapter(s). As for Alucard, he don't look like no vampire! I had expected that Gyokuro would have waited longer and we get a full chapter with Akua. She really would be a great addition to the cast.

And Ikeda needs to ease off those insane faces. Too many of them lately and reminds me of Soul Eater every time, lol.
I hope he doesn't try fighting Gyokuro again, or he will get killed. Even if he went fully berserk, it would make no difference. He couldn't take down an exhausted Fuhai in that form, he'll have no chance against Gyokuro.

And yeah, I was expecting the Akuha fight to last longer, but hey, she brought it on herself for acting against the ones she loved. I know she's not beaten, and definitely not dead, simply forgotten, for now. I'm expecting her to emerge from the rubble and make an attempt at the doomsday device, and try to turn Alucard against Gyokuro. Though I'm sure Gyokuro's prepared for such an occurrence, and I'm expecting her to be impervious to the Jigentou, which will horrify Akuha to no end, right before she gets the trolling of a lifetime. And after all the trouble she's caused, she's earned it, and then some.

As for insane faces, I'm more leery of her "regular, happy face," which she wore as she contemplated genocide in her first appearance. Definitely shows how amoral she is, no conscience whatsoever. Won't miss her once she's gone, no sirree.

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2012-09-04 at 07:17.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 04:03   Link #23106
xeon921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
There is a lot of elements from other animes too. I'm not saying its bad though.
Although i'm really looking forward to see alucard's human form or something because i'm not really digging alucard's alien like form. Makes me really curious how the first vampire look liked in human form.

....or is he really the first vampire?
I believe Alucard was a servant for the Shuzen family if IIRC. At this point, I do think we will most likely see him regain himself and retain a human form.
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 04:34   Link #23107
Chris38

I just realized that we still don't know about the promise that Akasha has made with Akua.

I know that I said earlier that this promise wouldn't matter anymore, but considering how Akua's fight ended - I think it might be brought up during the fight against Kahula, Gyokuro and Alucard.

As for Alucard retaining his human appearance and sanity, I think that it is a pretty unlikely development. After all, there is "no cure" when some is "eaten away" by the reaction of the vampire blood. In Alucard's case, I think that is pretty much the cause of his current situation - when he started absorbing all of those ayashi, his body simply lost it's human appearance, and pretty much became a "merge" of all the ayashi that he has absorbed, and due to his "power" becoming too strong, he was "consumed" by his own Shinso blood losing his sanity in the process.

Of course, it's only speculation, but overall I doubt that Ikeda would do something like having Alucard regain his human appearance and sanity, since it would pretty much destroy all the suspense and drama of Tsukune's transformation, who is, after all struggling to overcome his own "transformation issues", to not become what Alucard currently is.
Old 2012-09-04, 11:54   Link #23108
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I just realized that we still don't know about the promise that Akasha has made with Akua.

I know that I said earlier that this promise wouldn't matter anymore, but considering how Akua's fight ended - I think it might be brought up during the fight against Kahula, Gyokuro and Alucard.
I thought the promise was indirectly mentioned some chapters ago, that Akua will not approach and harm Outer Moka, as well as not forcefully awaken Inner Moka.
Akua basically had to wait years until Moka's Rosario stopped working properly before she meets her.
Old 2012-09-04, 16:39   Link #23109
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
interesting chapter, i thought Tsukune would put a much better fight but it seems Akua is truly strong in the end the best way to beat her is to make her beat herself, cut of her will to fight. I agree with Moka's statement Akua is a powerhouse of offensive abilities and quite agile to boot. However from what i have seen she is not built to take strong direct hit. Anytime someone has been able to get a good hit on her she has retreated. I highly doubt she is dead but i would not be surprised if her will and mental state are broken.

Just releasing one more layer of the seal Tsukune's arm started to look like that. Im starting to think that he is going to have to unleash all of his power and possible a transformation. We still dont know the limits of his power so its hard to guess. Tsukune has always been held back or his powers sealed we have never seen him truly unleashed im hoping we get to see this. although i fear the end of result.

So now that Alucard is always fully awake it seems he will destroy and absorb anything in his path. Gyokuro's weakness is very apparent at this point her overwhelming arrogance and self confidence will be her downfall. Im agreeing with some other members here i highly doubt she will be able to control that monster for long. A being so powerful that the strongest vampire in existence could only make him go dormant . I cant see him being controlled like a pet so easily. She's bitten off more than she can chew im willing to bet.

Im truly interested to see just how strong Gyokuro really is. I know shes no joke but i want to see if she truly is a powerhouse. As much as i would love to see an all out battle royal i doubt we will get see it in the next chapter this is going to be drawn out a bit
Old 2012-09-04, 23:59   Link #23110
Zieg

Found a pretty nice picture of Moka

Spoiler for Moka:
Zieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 01:41   Link #23111
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
interesting chapter, i thought Tsukune would put a much better fight but it seems Akua is truly strong in the end the best way to beat her is to make her beat herself, cut of her will to fight. I agree with Moka's statement Akua is a powerhouse of offensive abilities and quite agile to boot. However from what i have seen she is not built to take strong direct hit. Anytime someone has been able to get a good hit on her she has retreated. I highly doubt she is dead but i would not be surprised if her will and mental state are broken.

Just releasing one more layer of the seal Tsukune's arm started to look like that. Im starting to think that he is going to have to unleash all of his power and possible a transformation. We still dont know the limits of his power so its hard to guess. Tsukune has always been held back or his powers sealed we have never seen him truly unleashed im hoping we get to see this. although i fear the end of result.

So now that Alucard is always fully awake it seems he will destroy and absorb anything in his path. Gyokuro's weakness is very apparent at this point her overwhelming arrogance and self confidence will be her downfall. Im agreeing with some other members here i highly doubt she will be able to control that monster for long. A being so powerful that the strongest vampire in existence could only make him go dormant . I cant see him being controlled like a pet so easily. She's bitten off more than she can chew im willing to bet.

Im truly interested to see just how strong Gyokuro really is. I know shes no joke but i want to see if she truly is a powerhouse. As much as i would love to see an all out battle royal i doubt we will get see it in the next chapter this is going to be drawn out a bit
I'm more disappointed in Akuha, after all the trouble she'd caused, the battle should've been more epic. And I don't buy that she's so fragile that a single kick could take her down. Moka punted Kokoa and she just got back up. She did a lot worse to Kahlua and her sister just kept on fighting. Though I do agree that she's not dead, not by a longshot.

And I'm against Tsukune releasing all the seals, not only would it make him a tasty morsel, it wouldn't be as effective as you might believe. Think about it, he nailed an exhausted Fuhai back in chapter 40 and the youjutsu master just got back up. If he couldn't beat Fuhai under those circumstances, then he has no chance against Gyokuro. We saw how effortless she repelled him, it was like swatting a fly, and she didn't use her full strength either. If she got serious with him, Tsukune would be reduced to paste, and then some.

As for Alucard, that doomsday device might be more necessary than a lot of people believe. If Fuhai can get his hands on it, he can use it to put Alucard back to sleep. Though good luck getting a hold of it. And without it, how are they gonna stop Alucard's revival? Considering how much effort Akahsa put into making the seal, I doubt it's gonna malfunction. If it does, what's Plan B?

And considering what we've already seen of Gyokuro, the only one there who can take her on is Fuhai, no one else will stand a chance. And even Fuhai could die against the madwoman, he's already dying as is, this fight could be his last. Though losing is not an option, no sirree. If Gyokuro isn't stopped, the world has no future. And that's something they can't afford. Man, I am so eager for the next chapter.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 03:34   Link #23112
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I think that Akua lost like this because she don't feel like fight anymore...the last chapter, tell we this..

For Tsukune and his seals, we know how is Tsukune, if the situation is going to get really bad, probably he is going to release all seals even if this is wrong, because like he did in the "Hokuto arc",he is ready to give his life to save everyone,

Sure, Tsukune isn't going to die
Old 2012-09-05, 08:10   Link #23113
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I'm more disappointed in Akuha, after all the trouble she'd caused, the battle should've been more epic. And I don't buy that she's so fragile that a single kick could take her down. Moka punted Kokoa and she just got back up. She did a lot worse to Kahlua and her sister just kept on fighting. Though I do agree that she's not dead, not by a longshot.
It really makes sense about how Ura-Moka explained that Akua was so fragile, we've never actually seen her get into a fight against an opponent that is capable of landing brutal blows and land a good hit on her, besides Touhou Fuhai that is, but his strength lies mostly in his mastery of youjutsu, so for Akua to compensate for this, she uses her martial arts in conjunction with her Jigen-Tou, with the addition of both her evasion and phasing abilities, to make up for her lack of endurance, thats understandable. Moka, Kokoa and Kahlua must be built differently than her, especially Kahlua, who has that ability to neutralize her pain in battle, Akua on the other hand is the exact opposite of Kahlua, out of all four of the Shuzen sisters, Kahlua's endurance is no doubt the highest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
And I'm against Tsukune releasing all the seals, not only would it make him a tasty morsel, it wouldn't be as effective as you might believe. Think about it, he nailed an exhausted Fuhai back in chapter 40 and the youjutsu master just got back up. If he couldn't beat Fuhai under those circumstances, then he has no chance against Gyokuro. We saw how effortless she repelled him, it was like swatting a fly, and she didn't use her full strength either. If she got serious with him, Tsukune would be reduced to paste, and then some.
Don't forget, the only reason that a weakened Touhou won against a berserk Tsukune, is because he used both tactics, martial arts and smarts on his side, whereas Tsukune on the other hand, had lost all sense of reason and thought, he was just throwing punches with overwhleming force behind them, if Touhou took a few more punches he no doubt would have been finished. I bet if Tsukune had that power now, Gyokuro's swat would be nothing to him. As for releasing more seals, I'm not against this idea, besides Touhou said it himself, that theres no more holding back and Tsukune doesn't have time to just sit back and sit on his ass, hes going to fight, even if he does have to release more seals on the Holy Lock. It's the Rosary for the world in this upcoming epic battle.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:22   Link #23114
khprincessh

hey i love girls generation too man but i still cant believe everybodys listening to kpop now ive been listening to it for years. more than 3 years!!!!
Old 2012-09-05, 20:27   Link #23115
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
We saw a glimpse during his training chapters. It would be great to see that again. I love when the protag goes on a powered up berserk trip, always fun!
Old 2012-09-06, 01:39   Link #23116
Chris38

Well, contrary to DragoZero, to me Tsukune going out of control, so soon after his previous "out of control" incident, would make feel really repetitive to me, especially after he underwent the "human modification" , which - in my opinion, is supposed to help Tsukune in gaining control over his powers.

While, I'm quite aware of the fact that Inner Moka would somehow need to realize the risks that come from Tsukune's recent power up, but it doesn't necessarily needs to be done by having Tsukune lose control over himself again.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:55   Link #23117
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, contrary to DragoZero, to me Tsukune going out of control, so soon after his previous "out of control" incident, would make feel really repetitive to me, especially after he underwent the "human modification" , which - in my opinion, is supposed to help Tsukune in gaining control over his powers.

While, I'm quite aware of the fact that Inner Moka would somehow need to realize the risks that come from Tsukune's recent power up, but it doesn't necessarily needs to be done by having Tsukune lose control over himself again.
Tsukune hasn't gone berserk in a fight once in Season II.
Old 2012-09-06, 18:00   Link #23118
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think this past chapter gave us a major hint that Tsukune will go out of control again. I look forward to it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 19:12   Link #23119
GrimJack

Quote:
Tsukune hasn't gone berserk in a fight once in Season II.
he has, but just once in the phantom slasher story he was subdued by Yukari and Ruby's magic
Old 2012-09-06, 20:06   Link #23120
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Wonder who's "Jasmine".

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire