Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-18, 02:23   Link #7561
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hey qtip, are you able to eat the late bite of a popsicle without dropping it?

Yes, that's what I'm watching this late at night.

Anyways, this might be bad for you guys. I just might bump LS characters up a bit after watching this series.

Lmao, I do a little push and pull action as I eat.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:51   Link #7562
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hey qtip, are you able to eat the late bite of a popsicle without dropping it?
Ah, I've worked a technique.

Once you have a square or so of it left, you wipe off one end and hold it in both hands, like so:

HOLD-------[fruity goodness]-------HOLD
. . . Stick ^
And kind of work at it from there in a circular motion, rotating the stick.
When I have just a little left, I usually just slide the last chunk off the stick and eat it.
Yes, that's what I'm watching this late at night.
Quote:
Anyways, this might be bad for you guys. I just might bump LS characters up a bit after watching this series.
Actually, you'll probably notice that they're really not as moe as you thought, so they might drop. (I have no idea how they jumped up with you knowing just a little more than nothing about them in the first place anyway.)
Old 2008-06-18, 02:52   Link #7563
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

First episode will make you hungry.

Show gets leaps and bounds better after episode 4.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:53   Link #7564
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
The Negima! anime suffered a lot of it. Even more because they made an end that would be in conflict with the story of the manga... so they couldn't make another season continueing from it.
From what I heard, they originally had 52 eps scheduled but because they were so Fail, they were axed to 26 and ordered to figure out a way to end. When you're stuck in that situation, you may as well burn everything down and abandon the idea of any continuation. Getting the juicier manga chapters animated is the job of SHAFT OVAs now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
The biggest one I know is the Aquastar Anime/Manga Forums Negima doujin savefile project. This is the thread of the project. The Savefile project link is on the first post of this thread.
I'm gonna have to budget some time to deal with this... hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
While the crazy broadcast/chronological ordeal was kind of new and interesting, alot of fans (including me) ultimately disliked it. As such, I'm really hoping for them to not use that plan again.
Given they were restricted to 14 eps, it was a wise move. If they'd aired chronologically, there would have been an utter lack of climax to end on, with all the seriousness being spent in 6 eps. The novel jumps around chronologically as well anyway. Now if they had 6 eps or 20 eps to show, then they could have done something chronologically. But no, you can't ever get weird numbers like that for a weekly schedule, so they had to make-do with what they were given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
I doubt she'll get Saimoe crown since there are those MSLN maniacs who are willing to die to have Fate as champion this year. Lucky Star is coming back with an OAV and so is Seto No Hanayome. (My Luna must get top 16 this year!) And of course the people who got Nagi to 2nd last year. And those people who love Rika-chama as she became a champion!

Bestmoe maybe but with Shana, Feito, Hina, and Nanoha you can never be too sure.

ISML this year I don't think so next year probably.

/biased thinking

EDIT: Forgot Hayate no Gotoku and Higurashi girls. *shot*
You are also not taking into account any of the new shows this year. HnG was new last year, and Hinagiku won K Saimoe that year. Best to hold off on serious predictions until at least the brackets are decided (September). Anything before then is idle chatting.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-18, 02:55   Link #7565
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, I dropped it at episode 4 last time.

And don't worry, Tsukasa is totally so moe but Kagami is actually the one that is more moe than I thought. By the way, sometimes a picture is good enough if it's memorable. For example, I don't know anything about Hinagiku (except whom she likes) but her blushes stuck with me until now and it's been a while since I dropped the series.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:56   Link #7566
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
First episode will make you hungry.

Show gets leaps and bounds better after episode 4.
She's watched the first four, which is why he dropped put it on hold indefinitely in the first place.

And yes, I'll probably alternate gender pronouns when referring to you from now on.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:57   Link #7567
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Actually, much like how I think C.C. is pretty moe now, I kept a grin on my face for most of episode one, even laughing in a few places! Wow.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:00   Link #7568
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

When I first saw Lucky*Star as it was airing I was like WTF?!??

It took me four episodes to "get it" (i.e. that it wasn't going to go anywhere), but I enjoyed it WAY more than I expected. And if Tsukasa isn't the cutest little moe-blob I've ever seen, I don't know who is. Even though the characters are so exaggerated, they manage to come across just as valid as the more "normal-looking" ones do in other series. Konata is a great character and a credit to otakus everywhere She just isn't all that moe; maybe in a handful of memorable scenes. Kagamin is fun to watch too

And if you can make it to episode 22 (IIRC) you'll definitely get your just reward (my fave episode). And the one just before it will certainly bump one of the characters up a notch or two on your moe list Actually, the whole last batch of episodes are great!

Recently I managed to find real high-quality eps and the difference between them and the older fullscreen ones I had was huge. And, the enjoyability increased a lot as well; it was like seeing it for the first time again. A lot of the references that I didn't get the first time around I did the second, though most (especially the Gundam Seed ones) were well beyond my knowledge-base

I understand that the LE DVDs have a list of the references included. THAT must be a LARGE piece of paper LOL (The L*S ANN trivia list is looooooong )

Enjoy!
Old 2008-06-18, 03:00   Link #7569
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Actually, much like how I think C.C. is pretty moe now, I kept a grin on my face for most of episode one, even laughing in a few places! Wow.
I'm imagining a nerdy Asian college student with a C.C. plush doll watching Lucky Star at his desk and looking like a retard.

I'm hoping I'm very far off.

And yeah, episodes 11 and 22 are the two more only memorable episodes, and not just because they're multiples of 11.
Actually, I only remember the epic static part at the end of episode 11.

... and episode 8 was the school fair of win.
And that one episode where they go to Comiket. (episode 12, I think.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
though most (especially the Gundam Seed ones) were well beyond my knowledge-base
Where are these?
Because I might hold off finishing the series again if they're late enough, since my brother and I are going to watch SEED because we liek big robots.

On my second watchthrough, I caught a lot of references I hadn't known before, like Code Geass, the roughly million Full Metal Panic! references... actually, not many come to mind because it's hard to keep track of all of them, but I remember that there were several "ohh, nowigetit" moments the second time.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:05   Link #7570
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

I think Kagamin's greatest episode is 17.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:07   Link #7571
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is the C.C. plush holding a Cheese-kun? Otherwise the image is ruined.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:10   Link #7572
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
meh, I always thought that Kagami was just as bitchy as Louise, not as cute, and not quite so into S&M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is the C.C. plush holding a Cheese-kun? Otherwise the image is ruined.
Obviously.

It's amazing how easy it is to make someone like C.C. look cute.

EDIT: By the way, French subs are haaard.
I have to pause to read the longer lines, and I have to guess the meaning of a lot of the words from context.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:18   Link #7573
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

17....Where Kagamin gets to "bully" Konata for a change ("Your face is too close")? Or was that 18? Also a lot of imagined yuri going on around those episodes (thank you, Hiyori.)

Of course, Kholdstare has to survive the show that long.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:22   Link #7574
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

...was just watching the "Reflections" AMV for like the hundredth time LOL...

@qtip:
Quote:
Where are these?
Because I might hold off finishing the series again if they're late enough, since my brother and I are going to watch SEED because we liek big robots.
The Gundam Seed refs are scattered throughout and come fast; usually they've been bleeped/censored, and the subtitles always look like "G*****". Why, I don't know. There were probably five or six, IIRC.

@Crisu:
Quote:
I'll have to re-check that; I thought the "sitting on the bench, waiting" episode was so... (don't want to spoil it LOL). That was what I liked most out of all her scenes, again, IIRC.

Oh! I might have a cute li'll pic to share... *runs off to search*

Yay!

Spoiler for ack! Too big!:

Spoiler for Two Brave Girls:

EDIT: I have another special L*S one that I'll save for after you guys see Ep 22 (IF you get that far this time LOL)
Old 2008-06-18, 03:32   Link #7575
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Heh.

Interesting that Kagami is the only one not dressed up, is in Itsuki's stage hand roll, but has a very Kyon-like expression over this situation.

And Miyuki is much taller than Mikuru, even in this art style. She's the tallest of the student crowd (at 166 cm or 5' 5") save for the American Patricia Martin who is an inch taller. Poor Mikuru (if reports are accurate) is only 154 cm or roughly 5' tall.
Old 2008-06-18, 03:49   Link #7576
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

It's funny, but I never really warmed up to Miyuki for some reason. She has some cute scenes but I prefer Mikuru a lot more, diminutive as she is

Also funny, I never realized how short she was; I'll have to note that the next time I watch SHnY. Maybe it's because she IS short that I like her
Old 2008-06-18, 03:49   Link #7577
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Oh wow, that SHnY parody is just awesome.

And yeah, Reflections is a really good AMV. You did download the .avi version, right?
Old 2008-06-18, 03:55   Link #7578
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

CRAP! I just realized that I never did d/l it *cries*

I was too busy linking to the YT clip on every forum I was on LOL (AND my Blog)

I do need to get it before it gets pulled; I'd die if I missed out on it. Just awesome awesomeness, especially if you've seen both Haibane and KgNE. Best AMV EVAR (Thanks for turning me onto it, btw )
Old 2008-06-18, 03:57   Link #7579
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Miyuki has little interaction screentime. Most of the major interactions are between Konata and Kagami and Tsukasa until later in the series when they add all the first year students and give some screentime to Kagami's class friends. Poor Miyuki moeblob isn't used for much more than information device and a few moe type jokes. her mom is nice and goofy though.

And unless you are talking about episode 16, you've not seen the best Lucky Star-SHnY parody yet.
Old 2008-06-18, 04:10   Link #7580
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
And unless you are talking about episode 16, you've not seen the best Lucky Star-SHnY parody yet.
KholdStare was referring to the L*S/SHnY parody pic I posted above his post

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe