AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-15, 21:41   Link #661
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

WOW~

I really don't have the words to sum up that episode. As crazy as it was, I still found it all very amusing.

WOW~

Haruka is adorably cute when she's jealous

WOW~

The innuendos, can't help but chuckle and grin at them

WOW~

whenever I hear Kana Asami now, I keep thinking of that song
Old 2010-07-15, 22:10   Link #662
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The teacher has an arc too???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Lol at 'encore'. Yeah, that part was a little creepy. If he thought it out, he should have asked for other spots. Well, it WAS their little game.

Sorry, no.
Forbidden love at a new level.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 22:25   Link #663
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I suppose all of the doujins with Haruka are S&M role play?
Excatly. Though role play is not necessarily an S&M.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 22:29   Link #664
msg

I was actually hoping for that "Onee-san" role playing moments from Haruka and hibiki found in the game.Hibiki is funny from that scene...Oh well....Anyway next stop- christmas date-to! and also hoping for that "infamous" hotel scene.
Old 2010-07-15, 22:55   Link #665
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Excatly. Though role play is not necessarily an S&M.
roleplay is definitely *not* automatically S&M nor even a large part of it.

Whatever, ep 3 moved deep into, well, the Random Curiosity reviewer thinks like I do. Like hell this is anything but a wish-fantasy tale. Those with a tenuous idea of how real girls most often act might be having some trouble not smirking through this episode.
OTOH, it was entertaining.... just not very believable There's an underlying comedy element to this story I wasn't really expecting. I wonder if all the stories will be that way.

Romantic smirking for the win?
Old 2010-07-15, 23:09   Link #666
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
roleplay is definitely *not* automatically S&M nor even a large part of it.

Whatever, ep 3 moved deep into, well, the Random Curiosity reviewer thinks like I do. Like hell this is anything but a wish-fantasy tale. Those with a tenuous idea of how real girls most often act might be having some trouble not smirking through this episode.
OTOH, it was entertaining.... just not very believable There's an underlying comedy element to this story I wasn't really expecting. I wonder if all the stories will be that way.

Romantic smirking for the win?
You mean like how guys smirk everytime their dragged to see some terrible chick flick starring matthew mchaunghey? Like real men are not complete tool bags like Mcaugnehey or have perfect six pack abs with none to little effort?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:22   Link #667
Kouvley

Ep3

What is this I don't even.......

Completely unexpected development......of the bad kind, not sure what else to say except I hope the other stories aren't this ridiculous.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:26   Link #668
karuroso

=D awesome ep haha Shizu-sama with this kind of role is just perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Haha that was awesome. Hats off to junichi. He sure is creative.
Exactly... it's no wonder she's single until now, as showed by this ep ,someone really need to be "creative" to advance with her D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:38   Link #669
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
Ep3

What is this I don't even.......

Completely unexpected development......of the bad kind, not sure what else to say except I hope the other stories aren't this ridiculous.
Hee hee. I have a feeling- yes. Especially since there's only 4 eps per girl.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:42   Link #670
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
... What the heck did I just watch?

I give up. My brain still can't process (or accept) the stuff that happened in episode 03.
Old 2010-07-15, 23:44   Link #671
kamehameha

ok i am not satisfied at all. This ep seemed to be an episode found in a 24 episode series where morishimia would have had the lead, c'mon people one more ep, and this is all we get? Seems like the creators are really rushing everything, i see no devolopment, plot, etc what so ever... one more episode left of her and all we will be left with is that morisihmia thinks tachibana looks like a puppy and wants him to spoil her.

this is lame, theres room for so much more.
Old 2010-07-16, 00:08   Link #672
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

well...that was interesting that's for sure. Haruka is a nice girl and all some may say she is innocent and so on....to me some of her actions seem that of someone whose brain isn't functioning that well at times. here's hoping the next girl doesn't give vibes of a mentally retarded person like haruka did... well one more ep to go...till new arc....meow...
Old 2010-07-16, 00:31   Link #673
monkeyhobo

I'm 12 and what is this?
monkeyhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:37   Link #674
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 3:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:40   Link #675
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

My reaction to this episode is quite different from a lot of people's. I loved it, and accepted it completely, in its context as an episode of a harem romantic comedy.

Since when is it unusual for an anime to be wish-fulfillment? The appeal of most anime -- and of most popular entertainment in general -- is based around wish-fulfillment (shoujo romance, shounen adventure, harem comedy, mecha, etc., etc.). It seems to me that the main difference is that this show is doing a good job of fulfilling.

Maybe I can accept more fantasy here since I don't come into a show like this looking for either complete realism or instructions for living. Don't try this at home, lol.

But to be honest, I don't find this all that unrealistic: truth is stranger than fiction, not the other way around. Fiction has to be logical for us to believe it, but real people are often illogical, and just go on feeling, like Haruka. Maybe I've just known some weird people, lol. Anyway, if all we saw in anime was people acting in normal and expected ways, it wouldn't be much fun, would it?

I thought Itou Shizuka was excellent in this episode. Especially in the scene at the bottom of the stairs. She really creates this flighty, daring, emotional, but strong character. She doesn't seem crazy or stupid to me, just unfettered and self-indulgent. More interested in what she feels than in what other people think.

By the way, I believe that Japanese quote from apr earlier was a 2channel post from a few days ago, purportedly reporting an interview where they talked about recording the scene...
Spoiler for ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:40   Link #676
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhobo View Post
I'm 12 and what is this?
Fap material.
Old 2010-07-16, 00:42   Link #677
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
Spoiler for ep 3:
Oh yeah, something like he broke?
Old 2010-07-16, 00:43   Link #678
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Question Yeah...

Some of my Brain just melted and is now leaking through my nose. Owww. I simply can't process what I just watched. It took me literally 43 minutes to watch from all the pausing and facepalming.

Its just that. Theres so much wrong and creepy about this relationship. He's not spoiling her he's just being slightly ALOT perverted in a need to fill he strange infatuation. I don't think I quite got the " Jealous " part of the episode. Then again, I did have an aneurysm from watching. I think Hibiki is looking at this the wrong way. But Morishima is just loving it because of her infatuation with cuteness.

As soon as the episode began I though " wow. what a tease ". Then I thought " ummmm ok " . Then finally I just recoiled from a wrench being thrown into my brain. This was the hardest episode I've ever had to watch since Haruhi Episode 00.

And once again, Miya gets some good airtime. Honestly, I have no idea how this will affect me an hour from now. If someone was waiting to drop this series. I think this might have pushed them over the edge.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:47   Link #679
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
well...that was interesting that's for sure. Haruka is a nice girl and all some may say she is innocent and so on....to me some of her actions seem that of someone whose brain isn't functioning that well at times. here's hoping the next girl doesn't give vibes of a mentally retarded person like haruka did... well one more ep to go...till new arc....meow...
Yeah you summed it pretty well. Haruka just doesn't seem like a bright girl with her brains functioning well. In fact she gives a slow in her head or straightforwardly retarded vibe. I know that some would say that it is just being naive but again - sometimes it is hard to tell apart the incredibly naive - from a mental retard, because in both cases intellect isnt working all that well (in naive cases its because it lacks of information and in retarded case because it is incapable of gaining and using information).

Well I didnt expect much from her. As I said before - she has the looks, but seems very shallow person behind that.

The girls that I am expecting to deliver are - Kaoru (sexy hair), Ai (junior swimmer) and Tsukasa (class rep). Ai and Tsukasa because of the manga which shows some interesting things about them.

I am not so sure about Sea (shy girl) but it may turn out well.

From Rihoko arc I do not expect anything because she does seem as slow as Haruka just minus the looks but plus the big boobs. Hardly a character I am eager about.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 00:49   Link #680
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

By the way, I believe that Japanese quote from apr earlier was a 2channel post from a few days ago, purportedly reporting an interview where they talked about recording the scene...
Spoiler for ep3:

Itou Shizuka good job!!

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen