AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-07-05, 04:55   Link #21
Chi-chan
Persocom

Metal's the genre I listen to the most, but I don't like too hardcore stuff, I like Metal bands that can play, have good vocals and awesome lyrics, Slipknot, KoRn, BFMV and Metallica are my favourite bands.
Chi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 06:35   Link #22
gralph!?!

yo, i am indeed a metal head, or at least i used to listen to a lot of metal music, i have stopped listening to it for a bit, but i still like bands such as trivium, disturbed, underoath, alexisonfire and soilwork.
gralph!?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 22:19   Link #23
Kakashifan777

Post Metal

i was just wondering who all here likes metal

My favorite Bands are Lamb of God, Dragon lord and Face of reality

what is your favorite metal band?
Kakashifan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 03:16   Link #24
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
I used to be really into metal, but right now it's my Dir en grey phase. xD;
My favourite metal bands are Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Ayreon and Freak Kitchen.
I love me my prog and power.
And I remember really liking Green Carnation, but I don't remember anything about them anymore x_x;;;
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 07:56   Link #25
Grimmer

I do listen to metal bands sometimes, but I am not that into it... I've listened to quite a few bands, and I liked few out of them. Anyway, my favorites are Opeth and Orphaned Land (well, I am israeli, and they're surprisingly good- they combine Hebrew, Arabic and English, as well as references to the bible and the Koran. They even have some eastern instruments which aren't frequently used at all in that kind of music- and you can't help but enjoy it, since everything is done so well. An excellent Doom Metal band, in my opinion). Slayer is pretty good, also, though I haven't listened to many albums of theirs.
Grimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 12:07   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Most japanese (is "japanese" really that hard to type instead of a racial slur?) bands do a wide spectrum of music -- some metal some pop etc etc.
I'll check out Romantic Gorilla though - might be interesting.
In general, it is kind of tough to pick out specific bands rather than a particular piece because of their tendency to do a broad range of music. As far as US/Euro music, I'm more a fan of the "classical" metal from the 70s and 80s though some of the recent metal I'm hearing is improving after a long spell of "da stupid" (starting to hear strains of some music theory skills in certain groups). Lately I'm getting seriously pissed at music stations that fail to identify groups and track titles so they can hurry to the commercial.

I also find it kind of odd to be discussing general music in a forum oriented towards japanese entertainment and asked the mods in an earlier hiphop thread .... but they don't seem to care about the subforum contents as long as a flamefest doesn't break out.
Old 2007-11-26, 20:05   Link #27
ezonx

Any1 into Metal/Rock over here???

or are you ALL into JPOP ??? If you are into Metal/Rock. What band are you luv'in at the moment?

For me it has to be Static-X, Demon hunter and Serj Tankians new album woohoo!
ezonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 20:34   Link #28
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
what's wrong with J-Pop?

in any case, i love both metal and rock, my favorite songs/bands ranging from the Beatles to Sepultura.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 23:26   Link #29
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Disturbed, 3 Days Grace and Mudvayne make good bleach AMVs
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 06:33   Link #30
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
I got Children of Bodom, Melechesh, Lamb of God, Judas Iscariot, Slipknot, Disturbed and Marduk.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 15:33   Link #31
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Hmmm..
Currently i'm into Dragonforce, Kamelot, Nightwish, D'espairsRay, X Japan, and Galneryus.
Old 2007-11-27, 19:32   Link #32
Daughter!

I'm not that in to Metal, but I like In Flames, Every Time I Die, and Lamb of God.

Sometimes I listen to Dragonforce when I want to laugh a little bit.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 22:23   Link #33
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Dragonforce, Lamb of god, As I lay dying, Slipknot, Disturbed, Amon Amarth, Demon hunter, Static-X, Into Eternity, and many more want me to go on???

(and I love all kinds of music im just a HUGE metal head
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 09:29   Link #34
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
Metalhead reporting in o/. I listen to all kinds of metal but mostly death- and thrash metal. Lots of great bands, too many to list them all but I'll mention a few: Aborted, Cryptopsy, Nile, Deathchain, Sotajumala, Exodus, Terror 2000, Amon Amarth and so on.

Someone asked for Japanese metal.. Only one I can remember for now is Skull fuck . I personally don't like the band but the idea of a death metal band made of only women is pretty nice, haha. There should be some videos on youtube from their gigs.
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 15:40   Link #35
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It is weird how there are so many "great" bands that I have heard nothing about. I also didn't know that metal was still living, considering that a great majority of the greatest metal albums was recorded in the previous century. Anyway, I should return to my nonvocational study of underrated great bands from the past.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 04:56   Link #36
Casshern

"Heavy Metal 'Till I Die!" is my moto. I mostly like euro-metal, like Arch-Enemy, Lacuna Coil, Rotting Christ, The Gathering, Anathema etc... From us-metal I like Slayer, Pantera, Iced Earth (pre-horror show), System of a Down, Fates Warning, Dream Theatre...

I'm also not embarased to admit that I like the more mainstream stuff like Him, Evanescence, Linkin Park and Papa Roach. If they're rockin' then I'm rockin' with 'em!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 18:46   Link #37
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
It is weird how there are so many "great" bands that I have heard nothing about. I also didn't know that metal was still living, considering that a great majority of the greatest metal albums was recorded in the previous century. Anyway, I should return to my nonvocational study of underrated great bands from the past.
mm... generally, most people (the younger generation today) won't know the older bands since you wouldn't see them on tv and radio these days (at least from where I'm from). It's all mainstream bands I see on MTV when I take a peek.

Honestly I wouldn't be listening to metal right now if a friend didn't send me a mp3 file of Metallica's Master of Puppets, or my dad not showing me Led Zeppelin.

Right now: listening to Mötley Crüe: Kickstart My Heart. Great stuff to listen to when waking up~
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 21:29   Link #38
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm... generally, most people (the younger generation today) won't know the older bands since you wouldn't see them on tv and radio these days (at least from where I'm from). It's all mainstream bands I see on MTV when I take a peek.

Honestly I wouldn't be listening to metal right now if a friend didn't send me a mp3 file of Metallica's Master of Puppets, or my dad not showing me Led Zeppelin.

Right now: listening to Mötley Crüe: Kickstart My Heart. Great stuff to listen to when waking up~
I love you

classic metal is Great im so sad that Kevin DuBrow died..........a tear for a great loss to metal
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 23:53   Link #39
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
Depends on what kind of older music you are talking about. I cannot say this in general, but in US, there are a lot classic rock radios. And, I have suspicions that the younger generation would consider those radios as something to listen to (Well, if they come across southern rock most of the time - which is the case in many places -, I can hardly blame them, even I got bored of them after some time and gave a forced break to that style).

Some go mostly harder (Ozzy), some go mostly softer (Elton John). But, still you can get to hear a lot of great songs from the past (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, Rush, Rainbow, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, i.e., birth and death of classic rock and transition to other styles, are being played in I guess all of them).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 00:16   Link #40
tbl
Affably Evil

Heavy Metal, not so much. Love Symphonic Metal, Nightwish, Within Temptation, etc.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metal